PDA

View Full Version : How NOT To Tell Your Significant Other

windycissy
07-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Just back from a long vacation en drabbe :( where I had a lot of time to catch up on my reading :) , including a story called The Chase (http://snurl.com/thechase) which has a scene where a crossdresser comes out to his girlfriend. It doesn't go well:

“Oh Andy, it’s beautiful!” Geena gushed. We were seated in a quiet banquette at a restaurant in Marina del Rey, overlooking a perfect sunset and a thousand sailboats. She was beaming as I took the diamond choker from its Tiffany box and fastened it behind her elegant neck. “I love it, and I love you!”

I felt the same way, and tonight was the night I was going to tell Geena about the “other woman”. If I was going to spend the rest of my life with this person, we shouldn’t have any secrets. “Geena, there’s something about me that you should know.”

“What are you trying to tell me, Andy?”

I struggled to find the right words. Although I had rehearsed this conversation a hundred times, it was still impossibly hard.

“Come on, tell me! Are you a foreign spy? Do you have some horrible disease? Are you already married?” she teased me.

“No, nothing like that.” It all seemed so innocent, so harmless. How could she even care? “It’s just that I…I like to…I like to dress up as a woman sometimes.”

“You what?”

“Just for fun, every once in a while….”

“Oh my God, Andy! Are you gay?” She raised her voice enough to attract the attention of the couples at the neighboring tables.

“No! I’m not gay, and I love you, Geena.”

“As what, a sister?”

“No, no…”

“I just can’t believe this. You’re kidding me, right?”

I hung my head in shame. “No.”

“Are you like a drag queen?”

“No! I just, I don’t know, like to do it sometimes….”

“Do what?”

“You know, put on some clothes….”

“I’m sorry, but I don’t know. Are you telling me that you like to wear panties? Are you wearing them now?”

“No!”

“What, then?”

In desperation, I opened my wallet and hesitantly took out a picture of a pretty young woman, seated demurely on the sofa in my apartment. Geena snatched it out of my fingers and stared at her boyfriend dressed in a sweater and skirt. “My God, it’s really you!” she said as she scrutinized it. “Did you shave your legs and put on pantyhose? Is that a wig?”

“Yes,” I managed to say.

“Yuck!”

“Geena, I thought you should know. I was hoping you’d understand….”

“Understand what? That the guy I’m I love with wants to be a girl?”

“No, that’s not what I want.”

“Are we supposed to live as a couple of lesbos after you have the operation?” Her voice was breaking, and it seemed that everyone in the restaurant was staring at us. She was close to tears, and so was I. “I loved you, Andy.”

“And I love you, Geena. Please, just forget what I told you. I promise I’ll never mention it again, and I won’t dress up anymore,” I said without conviction.

“Yeah, right. I just can’t believe you,” she said through her tears. She got up to leave. “I need to be alone right now.” As she was leaving, she reached back and unhooked her Tiffany choker. “Here, you wear this!” she cried before she ran out of the restaurant.

Click here to read the rest of The Chase (http://snurl.com/thechase) - has anything like this this ever happened to you?

Windy

Toyah
07-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Sounds like it went prety smoothly to me.

Sigrid
07-18-2005, 11:07 AM
At least Andy got the choker back.

Melissa A.
07-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Read the whole short story. Pretty entertaining. Even though I found Geena to be a tad too stupid to be believable, I liked it. No, I have never encountered THAT negative a reaction. But I have been asked that all-time ignorant question, "Are you gay?".

A bunch of no-nos in the restaurant scene. Most importantly, break the news at home, not in a public place.

Also, just to those who haven't been out yet, and are thinking about it, don't run from the cops! And have your Driver's liscense and other forms of ID with you. There's nothing illegal about DWD(driving while dressed!). A lttle public embarrassment is better than getting locked up. If you drive while en femme, you should be prepared for the possibility that someone might hit you, even if you are careful. If you absolutely can't deal with that possibility, you shouldn't do it. Sorry to go on and on about stuff that should be obvious, but maybe it's not to everyone. I know it was just a piece of fiction. Cool story. Thanks, Cissy.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Stephenie
07-18-2005, 01:12 PM
I agree with Totah, It seemed to go quite well. Got the neckless back, got outed to everyone in the place and but didn't have to indure hours of questions by wife with demands of counciling. Could have been much worse.