PDA

View Full Version : Botched Surgery

anniefriday13
09-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi. I'm Anne. I had a botched SRS in 1994 and I am now just trying to get someone to help me fix this problem so I can have normal sex for the first time in my life. Anybody who has any constructive ideas for me would be most welcome to let me know their thoughts. I have just gotten my life back after years of depression and despondency and want to finally make things right. I just met someone wonderful, but I don't think he'll wait around for me to get "fixed" in order to have sex. Please help.---Anne

Zenith
09-02-2009, 11:33 PM
I know the better surgeons (Meltzner, Bowers, Brassard)will fix a problem SRS...but I guess it depends on the specifics...

Aubrey Green
09-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Welcome Annie!

If he is truly wonderful, he will understand and be supportive.

:hugs:

Midnight Skye
09-03-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm going out on a limb here... but "normal" sex is overrated. I would let him know you're interested in having fun exploring sexually, while letting him know what's off dibs until things are "slightly reworked" Otherwise I would follow what Zenith said. Bowers has lots of information on her site on fixing botched surgeries and getting things right.

But if you truly love this man, then explore and enjoy everything you can till you have a chance to get things reworked. But make sure he's aware and understands what you're going through. The more he knows, the easier it should be for him to understand what a future with you might hold.

kellycan27
09-03-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm going out on a limb here... but "normal" sex is overrated.

Easy for someone who is able to have normal sex to say. Quite a different story if you cannot and would like the chance to express how you feel about someone. Sure, there are other ways, but as a trans person myself I can understand how the OP feels. "normal sex" to me is the ultimate expression of love. What could be better? There is a lot more to sex than just the physical aspect of gettin off. In my opinion,simply blowing off the OP's concerns with a statement such as ..."Normal sex is overreated" seems a little callous and uncaring........and not helpful.Just my:2c:

To the OP........... So sorry that that you are having to go through this. I can't even begin to imagine how you have suffered, I pray that your situation be resloved quickly, and you are able to attain your goal of sharing that very special act with someone you care about.
:hugs: Kelly

noeleena
09-04-2009, 02:09 AM
Hi ..Annie.
Iv had s r s so i know what i am talking about . my friend had no end of problems with her op.s ,, To put it bluntly her op.s where worse than the back end of a whale . there is no word.s to discribe what her op.s where like . the surgeon did a shocking job .i.v seen her.s so i know .
i went over to phuket in may 07 . i had s r s & b a . i am delighted with what Dr Sanguan did for me . i have not needed to see any D r .s since ..
Now my friend came over two weeks after me & had her op.s completly re done . they are just the best .. her.s & mine are like any female / woman
Sanguan is a fantastic guy who cares & love.s his work . he.s just so neat . nothing is a problem for him & his crew . that op. you are talking about can be redone ... this is of cause is from a kiwi.s account .. as we dont have Dr.s in n z who give us a choise of having op.s of this nature & the one in n z . i would not go to . for a number of reasons . so many of us go over to thailand . this may not help you . so what i am saying is . yes your op. can be fixed . just find a Dr who is sensative to what has happened to you & go from there. if you need help . just email me
noeleena@clear.net.nz Now there will of cause be some in your county who will know of some one who can help you . all the best .
...noeleena...

NiCo
09-04-2009, 07:58 AM
I just met someone wonderful, but I don't think he'll wait around for me to get "fixed" in order to have sex.

I'm sorry I don't have anything constructive to say about the surgery. And it's awful that it was botched :hugs:

However, if this guy is "wonderful" he WILL stick around, if he doesn't...he's not worth your time. If it's only sex he's after, he should go find a prostitute, cause you aren't one of them! You need to be careful, you've had bad depression, you don't need someone like this in your life who could potentially break your heart = causing more depression.

Anyway, good luck x

GypsyKaren
09-04-2009, 09:29 AM
I suggest you contact one of the top tier surgeons to discuss this with, they're all experienced in doing this.

Karen

Gerard
09-04-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't really have anything to say on the physical side of things, as I don't have experience.

I just want to say I feel touched by your story and hope you find a solution. Don't give up hope, it might be the right guy, and otherwise you might find another. Keep hoping it's a powerful emotion for good.

Midnight Skye
09-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Easy for someone who is able to have normal sex to say.

My apologizes for sounding callous, I'm trans-something and couldn't point at any type of sexual activity and call it "normal". But I understand what Annie means, being unable to do what you feel you should be able to is frustrating beyond explanation. And as I pointed out, Zenith is correct about seeking out a top-teir doctor to get things discussed and corrected if possible.

Saying normal sex is overrated, was a bit rash. But what I was trying to point out is, till things can be fixed there are many different ways to be intimate. Most sexual experts will encourage you to explore your sexual life with your loved one.

Maybe you are all ready doing this with him some Annie. But if you are not, then maybe you should explore your sexuality in other ways with him (cosmopolitan often has interesting articles in this respect, things to add and try etc). I would just hate to hear the two of you are doing nothing until things are "fixed" because while normal sex maybe the holy grail you seek, you two can certainly be intimate and loving in other ways till then.

Teresa Macaw
09-06-2009, 05:49 PM
I have heard lots of good things about Dr McGinn, a good friend is having GRS in Mar 2010. Call & talk to Connie, she has lots of good info. Connie works with McGinnn, who is also a transgender lady.