PDA

View Full Version : impulse

samantha78
09-03-2009, 09:12 AM
have you bought things that are to small for you to even try to fit? my friend Karen,a gg does it all the time. If its cute or she really likes it she buys it no matter if it fits or not. Does anyone else do this??

Christina Horton
09-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I did that once. I bought this real cute summer dress 4 sizes to small cuz it was so cute. I hope to wear it some day when I lose some weight. When I do I will be wearing it alot, (even if it's 20 or 30 years out of date.LOL.:doh::heehee::D

Joanne f
09-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I have to admit that i have bought things that have been on sale that i would say is inappropriate for me but not to small .

Kathi Lake
09-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Not really. My girl-budget is tight enough without wasting it on something that is too small. Then again (grins wickedly), since I can fit into a size 0, there's not much out there that is too small (Heh, heh. Let the slap-fest begin!) :)

Kathi

kasha
09-03-2009, 02:40 PM
I've done this a few times, more so in the beginning since I didn't know my sizes well. If it happens now I either return it or donate it. :daydreaming:

Ralph
09-03-2009, 02:49 PM
All too often. I keep trying to convince myself it will help me lose weight, or I will dust off the sewing machine and make alterations... but I never do either.

suchacutie
09-03-2009, 02:56 PM
not on purpose!! :) But when I found it was too small, did I send it back? NO! I worked to lose the weight (or still am!!)

Now is that typical, or what?

tina

Jeanna
09-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Not really. My girl-budget is tight enough without wasting it on something that is too small. Then again (grins wickedly), since I can fit into a size 0, there's not much out there that is too small (Heh, heh. Let the slap-fest begin!) :)

Kathi

You are stirring the pot again! Don't worry I love it. I also not jealous of your 0 size frame either! So there,,you've been slapped! lol

Jeanna

SuzyZahn
09-03-2009, 04:03 PM
I`ve always tried to buy my size which i know would fit,,,if it ends up being a tad too small,,,i`m lucky that my wife may benefit!!

April Renee
09-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Kathi Lake: Then again (grins wickedly), since I can fit into a size 0, there's not much out there that is too small (Heh, heh. Let the slap-fest begin!) :)

Kathi

Hi Kathi!

I'm a size 0 as well and what I find that sucks is when I find something to die for and they don't have my size and what they do have looks to funky on my frame...

Hugs
April

docrobbysherry
09-03-2009, 07:11 PM
When u only wear ladies things while playing, "dress up", it's EASY!
Fake the back any way possible, and only take pics of the front!:heehee:

KristinSkye
09-03-2009, 07:14 PM
My SO does this. Like you said Samantha she usually impulsively says "Oh that's cute" and then when she gets home and try's it on %50 of time time it gets returned. Helps (or hurts? :doh:) that she works at the store she buys the cloths at.

Anyway...trial and error I guess :P

Angie G
09-03-2009, 08:06 PM
I have have found things at thrift shops that didn't have a size on them That I thought May fit. Well some times they are a bit small.:hugs:
Angie

lori m crawford
09-03-2009, 08:20 PM
have you bought things that are to small for you to even try to fit? my friend Karen,a gg does it all the time. If its cute or she really likes it she buys it no matter if it fits or not. Does anyone else do this??
i do with girdles i have some that wood fit a dall but buy all i can get ther so hard to find from they 50-60

Diane Smith
09-03-2009, 08:54 PM
I try pretty hard to find the correct size, and I won't buy anything that I know for sure doesn't fit. I've made some mistakes, of course, and I also have a closet (or two ... and some boxes) full of stuff that is too big since I lost about 45 pounds a couple of years ago.

There is so much nice clothing out there in every size, so when I see something cute that won't possibly fit, I just tell myself that's a good reason to keep shopping until I find something equally stunning in my real size.

- Diane

sherri52
09-03-2009, 09:00 PM
When in between sizes I've bought the smaller size thinking it would fit. Sometimes I would keep it for a week hoping to get into that beautiful piece only to have to return it anyway

Michelle-Leigh
09-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Only by mistake - once I failed to notice that the dress was a petite size (not a normal women's size), and could not return it because it came from a thrift shop. Then the other time I picked up a skirt from a thrift shop that was an 18 (my ideal size), but was a small 18, so I need to lose about 20 lbs to get into that one.

TxKimberly
09-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Guilty guilty guilty

Jocelyn Quivers
09-04-2009, 01:30 AM
All the time, I use it as a motivational technique to eat less, and exercise more.

erickka
09-04-2009, 06:08 AM
I have in the past, but since my girl-budget is nearly nonexistent, I will try before I buy. (I usually shop thrift stores anyway, so they don't care what you do as long as your money is green!)

PretzelGirl
09-04-2009, 10:32 PM

Not wanting to disappoint you. :slap:

I haven't had small stuff as much lately as I am doing much better trying things on. Early on in my "career", I wouldn't try anything on. If something didn't fit well at all, I had no problem returning it. But if it was close, vanity came to the forefront and I kept it hoping it would fit some day.

Plasibeau
09-04-2009, 10:52 PM

Kathi

Please allow me. . .:bigsmack:

milliek
09-04-2009, 10:55 PM
I got a bra 38b, realized i needed a 40b..

Crysten
09-05-2009, 03:52 AM
Well, it actually annoys me to no end when I buy something and it doesn't fit properly. I consider it a waste. Especially when the size is off. Sometimes off by a LOT.

It really isn't rocket science. At least, you wouldn't think, anyway.

Debbie new
09-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Even in my size 14-16, some items of clothing are too small i generally get a refund or pass on to my partner.