hi girls!

i could use some tips on fake nails
what's good...what's not
easy on-easy off glue ???

thanks so much :)
roxx

DanaJ
07-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Hi roxx - just about any brand is good, but just remember - nail glue is super glue. My recommendation is to get some Kiss One-Step nails, they are pre-glued. They will stay on well, and can be taken off pretty easily. Another way is to get any full cover nail, but use nail tabs, these are very thin two-sided tape tabs.

I would suggest to not use glue at this point until you get comfortable with the fake nails.

We have covered a lot of nail issues in the Beauty Club, we would love to have you join... :)

DanaJ

ladyjim
07-18-2005, 09:51 PM
speaking of nails and polish- would red or black go best with sheer tan hose?

Tristen Cox
07-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Yes:p

ladyjim
07-18-2005, 09:59 PM
have always admired long lovely colored nails

rachael j.
07-19-2005, 12:40 AM
I would suggest you try regular acrylic nails from a salon. I realize that this isn't the solution for everyone, but you can try them on a long weekend or during a vacation. They don't have to be really long. And you can take them off- although this does take some work and time. But the feeling and look really makes it worth the time and effort. I'm not out completely(hardly at all) but I've had acrylic nails since New Years Eve '04 and I love them. I've had some comments but nothing extreme and alot of girls have said they really like them. I don't generally wear a dark color on them. I normally wear a pale pink or lilac irridescent color that isn't real noticeable. After 7 months, I can't imagine not having them.
Try it, you may like it!
Rachael

ladyjim
07-19-2005, 04:12 AM
Im open to suggestion, thanks Rachel!

DanaJ
07-19-2005, 04:40 AM
One tip to anyone considering acrylic nails - please see the thread in the Beauty Club about how to choose a good nail tech/salon. You don't want to end up like Paula Abdul and her horror story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050628/ap_en_ce/safer_nail_salons). Also check out this link about MMA acrylic and why it is bad... (http://www.beautyweb.com/consumer_alert_mma.htm)

DanaJ

roxx1
07-19-2005, 07:38 AM
thank you so much...where can i find kiss one-step nails?
how do you join the beauty club?

thanks
roxx

Tristen Cox
07-19-2005, 07:40 AM
thank you so much...where can i find kiss one-step nails?
how do you join the beauty club?

thanks
roxx
I can get you halfway there:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/profile.php?do=joingroup&usergroupid=13
Not sure about the nails though.

geegee2
07-19-2005, 11:43 AM
hi girls!

i could use some tips on fake nails
what's good...what's not
easy on-easy off glue ???

thanks so much :)
roxx
I use the kiss preglued nails and they will last up to three days longer if you take good care of them, I take them off and reuse them too its alot cheaper then going to a nail shop luv,kisses,hugs GEEGEE2

DanaJ
07-19-2005, 04:43 PM
I have no idea where you live roxx, but if you are in the US, most good drug stores (Walgreens, Rite-Aid, CVS, WalMart, etc) have these, or you can order online ay many places.

DanaJ