PDA

View Full Version : Shinto comming of Age.

Myojine
09-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Im Shinto as so my dogtags say ^_^ i happily embrace the next step of my religious development.
at 20 years old shinto women are at the Comming of age.
where a women is fully mature and eleigable to marry and bear children.
why so im portant? Because i will be doing this AS a GIRL! EVENTHOUGH i am a guy physically
i am not a male in anyother way so i believe i derserve to do this like every other girl out there.
it is January 14th. im going to head to a shrine and everything! i can hardly wait :D but mostly im doing this as a Female. im not coming of age as a man, but a women.

i will begetting one of these: A furisode (振袖?, lit. swinging sleeves) is a style of kimono distinguishable by its long sleeves, which average between 39 and 42 inches in length. It is the most formal style of kimono worn by unmarried women in Japan. The furisode is made of very fine, brightly colored silk, and is commonly rented or bought by parents for their daughters to wear when celebrating Coming of Age Day the year they turn 20. By wearing a furisode, a young woman signifies that she is both single and a legal adult, and thus available for marriage.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/Furisode.JPG/200px-Furisode.JPG
pretty no?

so im wondering what color and design of furisode and what hairstyle? what make up would be great? any tips?

Kristy 56
09-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Beautiful choice Myojine. I had the pleasure of visiting Japan & Tokyo last year. The women were beautiful,as was the traditional garb most were wearing at festivals etc. I'm not a religious person,but I like the concept of Shinto. Sorry I can't offer any tips,maybe some of the Asian girls on the site can. Keep us posted.

Angie G
09-06-2009, 10:01 AM
No smart ass comment here Myojine. Congrats on your up coming coming of age. I think the red furisode Is very beautiful. I know you will totally enjoy your day.:hugs:
Angie

Annette_boy
09-06-2009, 12:00 PM
To answer your question Pretty YES

ashcrimson
09-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Myojine, congratulations on your coming of age as a woman. Have lots of fun!