PDA

View Full Version : getting older

charlen
09-06-2009, 06:14 AM
i am on the back side of 50 . lady doset tell her real age i have notice the older i get the wrost my urges get it is allways on my mind do any of u ladys have this trouble :love:

PaulaJaneThomas
09-06-2009, 06:37 AM
I can't say age has affected me in that way. Perhaps that's because I have the opportunity to dress as often as I like.

RachelDenise
09-06-2009, 07:19 AM
I have the desire, it's there every day. But being our age also brings a dose of reality. I know that I can't pass and I can't transition. Ever. So I am content with dressing and feeling as femme as I can. Perhaps this means that I'm not a fully TS but have TS tendencies. I'm not sure. I am certainly CD. I really want to stay away from labels so ignore that portion of my response if you will. However, the desire remains, I'd love to have breasts. I know that many of us transition later in life after having it bottled up all their lives. I think like most things, there is a spectrum of feelings/situations that you'll get answers from.

Angie G
09-06-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm thinking about it all the time but I think it;s due the fact I fully dress part of 5 days a week with some exceptions. And I have at least something on 7 days a week even if it just undies. The feeling was as strong 40+ years ago for me.:hugs:
Angie

Teri Jean
09-06-2009, 08:25 AM
I would have to say getting older has it's benefits but as a 60 yr young TG I wish I would have started younger. We only have a curtain amount of time and I have opened the door wide open and experiance as much as I can. So yes age can have a big effect on your activity.

Teri

Miranda09
09-06-2009, 08:28 AM
I don't worry much about age at this point tho I'm sure one day it will creep up on me and slap me in the face. But until then, no worries. My urges are strong, perhaps to make up for lost time, but whatever the reason, I'm enjoying the now. :)

Joni Marie Cruz
09-06-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm so old my first makeup kit was made out of mastodon fat and charcoal and ochre. As far as getting older, I prefer it to the alternative. One theory I've heard about the "urge" getting stronger as we get along in years has to do with diminished testosterone output as we get into our 5th decade. Sounds plausible to me, anyway. I've had the feelings all my life but they simply became overwhelming in my mid-50's, that and other personal circumstance made me decide I wasn't going to hide anymore and was going to live my life more how I wanted it to be and not how someone else thought it should be.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Heather65
09-06-2009, 09:44 AM
I totally agree.....I have been curious about crossdressing for some years now. I have just turned 53 and I dress whenever possible.

In my case I believe there are several factors involved:

I recently told my wife about my desire, and she is totally supportive of it. She enjoys the "girl time" and often says "being beautiful isn't so easy is it".

I agree that diminishing testosterone may be a big factor. My body hair is disappearing in places (and showing up in my nose and ears for gawd sake :straightface:) I grew up in a very manly world, but now I tend to cry easily. I have man boobs.

Anyway, embrace it and don't over-analyze it.....Enjoy it!

irmichelle
09-06-2009, 10:42 AM
It's got to be 53.Moi aussi. Whenever I can. Partially or fully. A driving desire.

Jolene
09-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Just enjoy where you are each day and go with the flow. :)

vivian fair
09-06-2009, 12:03 PM
At 71 my desire is heating up again. I've been on a grief holiday for several years, and on a health issue time out for two years. Never a day without the desire and feelings. I have been on several shoppings in the past 3 months, includeing a new type camera. NM,Texas, and Ok.,shopping locations. And I used my Retired Military privilage to shop on base several times. I underdress at all times and fully when I desire. I want to be a friend and want friends.

Alice B
09-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Age is only a state of mind except for the body parts that fall apart. I'm 67 and did not start dressing until my late 50's/early 60's. I do not feel my age nor act it. So, don't sweat the little stuff. Enjoy your dressing as much as you want and can.

BLUE ORCHID
09-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Crossdressing is like a fine wine it just gets better with age.
At 66 and dressing for over 60yrs.it just gets better with age
altho I may need to turn in my heels for support hose & orthopedic
shoes some day like mom did.
.................................................. ..............thanks...............ORCHID

sissystephanie
09-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Crossdressing is like a fine wine it just gets better with age. thanks...............ORCHID

At age 77, and having been dressing since age 6, I can totally agree with Orchid!! The clothes, shoes, etc. may change with your age. My skirts are mostly a bit longer than they were some years ago! But it still is great to be able to put on a pretty blouse and skirt, some nice feminine shoes, and go out and face the big world. I have no desire at all to be a woman, I just like to dress like one. And I do whenever I feel like it.:love:

DaisyG
09-06-2009, 02:30 PM
From my perspective things get better as the years pass, even though we seniors keep getting ever closer to running out of years.

I was an off & on CD in my 20's & 30's; purged 3 times. CD desire came on stronger at age 40, again about 50; all the while I remained securely in the closet. Looking back, those were confused, mixed-up times.

At age 62 desire returned in full strength, and about then my wife of 33 years discovered me en femme. Slowly she came to understand I remained the same guy she married, and I wasn't going to transition or have SRS. Deciding she could live with my CD, she even became my "fashion consultant", helping select dresses, skirts and shoes. But I'm still in the closet, albeit a bigger one that ends at the front door.

Now at age 69 and with an understanding wife, the passing years have enabled me to gain a whole lot more confidence and better perspective of myself. I still work an 8 hr/day job so I must time share femme v.s. drab mode, but I dress most evenings and weekends, and always wear a pretty nightie to bed. I feel that within a year I will be able to marshall enough courage to dress in public.

So for me, being CD just gets better. May all of you seniors enjoy your own advancing years.

Daisy

gennee
09-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm more TG/TS but I dress all the time. I'm 61 and started dressing only four years ago. I must pass pretty what with all the times I've been hit on :D. It gets better with each passing day.

Gennee
:)

Nicole Brown
09-06-2009, 03:37 PM
I will turn 63 this month and definitely feel that the urge to dress has become stronger with age. Putting aside the issue of testosterone lessening with age, many have said, and I fully agree, that as you age you feel that you have less to loose and therefore are more willing to try different things.

I have crossdressed for well over forth years, but have only been venturing out dressed for the past 2 years. I was scared and a nervous wreck the first time I went out dressed, but figured what do I have to loose? As I have continued to go out to different places, I have developed an I can go most anywhere attitude that I don't believe I could have developed when I was younger.

Nicole

Ruth
09-06-2009, 03:59 PM
I don't think the urge has become stronger for me (I'm 60) but then it hasn't gone away either.
I think that with age comes a certain self-acceptance which makes dressing easier, not that I look any better.
Also, in my 50s I finally told my wife all about it, so the practical side of things has got much easier.

docrobbysherry
09-06-2009, 07:21 PM
I didn't start dressing until after 50. Now, I seem to have fits of CDing, with week(s), or month(s) long breaks. in between.:)

If u r able to dress whenever u like, I think it changes your motivation!:eek:

Otherwise, I blame CDing on old hormones!:devil:

5150 Girl
09-06-2009, 07:39 PM
I think I will always feel the need to be the real me. I allways had the feeling just as strong that in my heart I am a woman. However, what has changed for me is, the older I get, the les I care about "what others might think" which causes me to be more open about it.

Rachel Morley
09-06-2009, 07:44 PM
I've been dressing seriously for 4 years now and I can't say that as I've aged (I'm 46) my desire to dress has increased ... however, I am looking forward to retirement. No work means I can be full time :)

Andy66
09-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Gotta love those hormones. I noticed long ago that at a certain age, genetic males and genetic females often start to go through a sort of role reversal. At age 42 I've been feeling it very subtlely for a few years now, and I'm enjoying it.

AliceSandra
09-06-2009, 10:18 PM
May be I am lucky. Almost everyone thinks I am still in my early 40s, but I am in the back side of 50s. I do not think the young woman's wig fits me any more. But, I do not like to look like a senior. I am unsure about this. http://www.tamaracroft.co.uk/Smilies/Drogar-EyesRoll(LBG).gif

Faye56
09-07-2009, 04:29 AM
I hit 50 and felt depressed, no more would It seem correct to wear those shorter skirts , higher heels ........ now 7 years later, I can say without hesitation that this is the age of the mature woman, so get out there and enjoy your life.... well until I am 90, then I will try to slow down . I would rather go to my grave with skirts fluttering and heels flying , than shuffle there and wish i had done so much more with my life. :D

Georgia Rose
09-07-2009, 06:12 AM
I was a late starter and at 61 dress as often as I can. Some weeks that's a big zero and others like last week 4 nights. I think the fact that you gain more freedom as you age may have something to do with it. No kids around the house and the friends and relatives don't drop in as much. Also I think you get more comfortable with who you are. Of course it helps if your SO is accepting. I'd like to thing I'll still be dressing in 20 years time but it will still be in the closet. However it is a pretty big closet.

Joselle3
09-07-2009, 07:19 AM
I believe with age comes wisdom.
When you are in your twenties or thirties you don't think about your own mortality..Suddenly your 50 and beyond and around you you you lose friends and relatives and you begin to realize that you won't be here forever and you had better
embrace who you are

Danielle Gee
09-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Age is only a state of mind except for the body parts that fall apart. I'm 67 and did not start dressing until my late 50's/early 60's. I do not feel my age nor act it. So, don't sweat the little stuff. Enjoy your dressing as much as you want and can.

As most of you know, I,ve been dressing for over 50 years, And I don't mind getting older one bit.....Because (to paraphrase Alice) what with Wars, Famine, and all the other problems in the world my dressing falls into the category of small stuff.:brolleyes: