PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best taste

Rikki
07-19-2005, 12:22 AM
I have noticed that there are several ladies here who say that SO's taste for clothing is differant than their own. My wife has a lousy taste for clothes, she would wear sweats all the time if she could get away with it. We always joke that I have a richy taste and she has no taste, or bad taste. How do you Ladies dress compared to your SO?

Rikki

Toyah
07-19-2005, 06:19 AM
Thats easy SO does not like clothes, too hot, too cold, too long, too short, too tight not comfortable need I go on

Katie Ashe
07-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Probably me, I 've been giving fashion advice for as long as I can remember.

My most memerable moment is: I was at JCPenny with the family doing an exchange from X-Mas. This cute lady was buying a light gray pink pin strip business suite. For a job enterview. While at the counter she was asking the girl for advice. I just blurted out out the colour of shirt and shoes she needed. A deathing silence gave over , like in the movies, and a fter a few moments, the girl said... what he said. My wife was surprised I even said anything. I'm very sure she looked smashing. No, I never saw her again, hope she got it, she was attractive.

Katie

Tamara Croft
07-19-2005, 07:59 AM
I hope it's ok for me to answer... Tam doesn't seem to get on here much these days (spends more time filing her damn nails :p) But as for taste in clothes, mine has changed more so in the last year. I'm one of those GG's that likes wearing trousers... mainly pin stripe and a nice tight (revealingish) shirt.... I know for a fact this irates Tam (my SO) quite a bit, so I've started wearing skirts :D She bought me a gypsy skirt a couple of weeks ago and I did enjoy trying it on in the shop and showing her what it looked like on me, knowing full well Tam would be jealous that it wasn't her trying it on.

So as taste for clothes goes, Tam has much better taste in clothes than me and seems to know what looks nice on me and what doesn't. But if she had her way, I'd be dressed like some little tart in a short flarey velvet skirt and top.. with highthigh boots 24/7!!!!

Tiffy
07-19-2005, 08:52 AM
I would say that our fashion is pretty equal. Except that I am willing to wear what I buy. My wife has this thing for buying them and then never seeing them again. We moved in here four years ago and I was bitching about all her clothes so we decided to count just her shirts and dresses. There were just over 600 of them. But for some reason she wear the same two pairs of jeans and only about 4 or 5 of her shirts. The rest just clogs the closet.

Kisses, April

Jennifer_Ph
07-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Taste? Well... I like the taste of beer! http://www.barnfellas.com/html/emoticons/Lager-Louts.gif

Trinity_cat
07-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Best taste? Me of course.

Shame I don't have the cash to prove it :(

Wendy me
07-19-2005, 09:11 AM
my won't buy a skirt...always in jeans so i have to buy skirts for her ....so iwould say me but if she asks it's her ....(got to keep the peace)..........

JoAnnDallas
07-19-2005, 09:11 AM
My wife has MS, so high heels are out, she also perfers slacks and T-shirts to dresses and skirts. I on the otherhand, love high heels, dresses, and skirts.

Toyah
07-19-2005, 09:23 AM
I hope it's ok for me to answer... Tam doesn't seem to get on here much these days (spends more time filing her damn nails :p) But as for taste in clothes, mine has changed more so in the last year. I'm one of those GG's that likes wearing trousers... mainly pin stripe and a nice tight (revealingish) shirt.... I know for a fact this irates Tam (my SO) quite a bit, so I've started wearing skirts :D She bought me a gypsy skirt a couple of weeks ago and I did enjoy trying it on in the shop and showing her what it looked like on me, knowing full well Tam would be jealous that it wasn't her trying it on.

So as taste for clothes goes, Tam has much better taste in clothes than me and seems to know what looks nice on me and what doesn't. But if she had her way, I'd be dressed like some little tart in a short flarey velvet skirt and top.. with highthigh boots 24/7!!!!

And whats your point, dont you enjoy just a little bit the tarty look from time to time, dont you secretly enjoy the power you have over us lesser beings an come on hun you dont like the feel of a skirt ? . The boots as well I am drooling here

Pip
07-19-2005, 09:23 AM
My wife definately has the best taste. I could never pick out clothes like she does. But since I started wearing her things I realized she was right when she told me she didn't have anything to wear. I have been lax in making sure my wife had plenty of clothes and now it's biting me in the rear end. That's is the main reason I'm looking forward to our shopping trips together, so we can build up our wardrobe together!

Pip

Jenny Beth
07-19-2005, 09:44 AM
My wife has always dressed casual but she still has great fashion sense. She's says she's never felt comfy all dolled up and if I'm not mistaken the last time she wore a knock out dress and high heels was at her sister's wedding about eight years ago. She's never been one for colour wearing mostly beige, kahki and sage greens. But this summer she's been wearing bright yellows, lime greens and red and she's even been wearing a skirt. I keep telling her I'll make a girl out of her yet.

Baby Girl
07-19-2005, 10:32 AM
We do both have about the same taste in clothing but I most of the time want to dress comfy because I have to dress in a uniform about every day. But I have been getting better at wearing the things she likes like tighter shirts with no bra because lets face it I really don't need one. Also more skirts. So I am trying.

Love Ya!
Baby Girl

Fallen Angel
07-19-2005, 10:41 AM
my freind would perfer jeans and sneakers, eek!!! hates hi heels and if we go out she has to raid my clothes because she has nothing of her own to speak of than she complaines that most of my stuff is on the trashy side go figure

Tamara Croft
07-19-2005, 10:43 AM
And whats your point, dont you enjoy just a little bit the tarty look from time to time, dont you secretly enjoy the power you have over us lesser beings an come on hun you dont like the feel of a skirt ? . The boots as well I am drooling here
*falls off chair laughing*

Yeah sometimes it's nice to wear a skirt...... but that madam would have me wearing them 24/7 if she could... oh and I don't mean long skirts.... or knee length, I mean just covering my butt length :eek: Lately though, when I know she's coming to my place, I just whip out a little skirt.... and she takes one look and goes 'hmpf' and shakes her head!!! :p now wheres those boots :whistling

Vivian Best
07-19-2005, 10:54 AM
I generally shop with my wife and help her pick out some of her things, these things I like. However, the things she buys on her own I don't generally like. She has good taste in her selections, it's just our tastes differ on a lot of things.

On lingerie is where we differ big time, she is a plain white kind of gal and I like lace and frills and color and matching sets. (bad use of AND but it emphesizes)

Vivian

Priscilla1018
07-19-2005, 10:59 AM

Pictures?

Tamara Croft
07-19-2005, 11:02 AM
Pictures?
:lol: I can see this is going to be the forum joke huh..... I'll give you bloody pictures :eek: If Tam brings the cam up this week, I'll get her to take some pictures...... and NO not of me in a little skirt and thigh highs either :-

Toyah
07-19-2005, 11:06 AM
:lol: I can see this is going to be the forum joke huh..... I'll give you bloody pictures :eek: If Tam brings the cam up this week, I'll get her to take some pictures...... and NO not of me in a little skirt and thigh highs either :-

Awww why not

Sharon
07-19-2005, 11:07 AM
I'll give you bloody pictures :eek: If Tam brings the cam up this week, I'll get her to take some pictures...... and NO not of me in a little skirt and thigh highs either :-

Well then, I guess there's no reason for me to stick around this weekend. :p

kathy gg
07-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Best taste? Hmm I would say Amanda and I are tied. We do have lots in common and also Not alot in common in clothing. I love to dress up (now that I am home more and don't HAVE to for work). Amanda though in boy mode does not dress as nice as I would like. I would say I beat her in that catagory for every day looking nice. But going out (with him en femme) we are pretty tied. But we also share alot of the same shoes and clothing too, so even we one of us may not buy a particular style and the other does, we eventually try it on to check it out.

kathy in canada