PDA

View Full Version : Do you get more emotional and cry when you are dressed?

Nicole Brown
09-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Hi Ladies,

I had an interesting experience yesterday and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. When in male mode, I am usually a fairly unemotional person. This is not to say that I am cold or emotionless, I just don't often cry or feel a tearing at my heart.

Well, I went to New York City yesterday and purchased tickets to go to Lincoln Center to see the revival of South Pacific. I was really enjoying the show and at the very end of the show there was a scene where the female lead discovered that the man she had fallen in love with, and thought had died, was in fact alive and had returned home safely. As this scene progressed, I found my eyes full of tears and realized that I was crying. I also experienced a deep sigh and felt very emotional while viewing this scene. I had to reach into my purse for a tissue to dry my tears.

I honestly don't think I would have experienced these emotional feelings had I been in male made. So, my question is, has anyone else experienced this sought of emotional behavior when dressed where they would not have in male mode?

Nicole

Kim_Bitzflick
09-06-2009, 07:09 PM
I hadn't experienced anything like that. I am usually very unemotional. I guess I'm just heartless. Maybe someday I find my heart.

Myojine
09-06-2009, 07:19 PM
imma total cry baby no matter where.
even when im in uniform but i try really hard to hold it in.
but yeah you can say it
imma crybaby, but who can blame me, ive got to live my life imprisoned.

Teri Jean
09-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Nicole, I do this no matter how I'm dressed. I could be you just reached a moment in your time where that scene was more powerful than you had previously experianced or that your guard (male) was down and let you feel something special.

JMO Teri

Rachel Morley
09-06-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm can get very emotional at the "drop of a hat". (just ask my wife) For me, how I'm dressed isn't relevant, I cry pretty easily almost all the time. Sometimes it can be a problem in certain situations ... like at work :doh:

Nicole Brown
09-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Thank you for the replies ladies.

You know Teri, I had thought of that as a possible reason for my emotional outcry, but I have experienced equally or possibly more emotional scenes when in male mode and haven't burst of in tears. I can remember watching quite a few movies which have to be all time tear jerkers, when in male mode, and didn't experience uncontrollable crying.

I am beginning to think that being more and more of Nicole is having some very interesting effects on me.

Nicole

Tedi
09-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Yep, it doesn't take much for me to start tearing up. It makes it difficult at times. I've had to use the 'something in my eye' excuse too many times.

sherri52
09-06-2009, 08:46 PM
In everyday activity I don't, but I can get watery eyes when a couple finally get together in the movies even if I've seen it ten times.

Midnight Skye
09-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey Nicole, I experience this exact same emotional change. For me I know exactly why it occurs. I'm naturally a very emotional person; but while growing up I was heavily reinforced to act more manly and express my emotions more like a man. I took this in a bad way, and emotionally closed myself off.

When I dress my natural emotions flow out like crazy... its so empowering... its crazy. I cry quite easily, smile brighter and happier, and my emotions are deeper and more visibly expressed. Its very intoxicating, confusing, and addictive. Probably one of the biggest reasons I'm migrating the direction I am.

Miranda09
09-06-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm a pretty emotional person as well, but in guy mode, I try awefully hard to supress emotional feelings when in situations like that you've described.....Guys aren't supposed to cry you know!!! But when dressed, that barrier disappears altogether. It's a very liberating experience.

TxKimberly
09-06-2009, 09:34 PM
I've always found it interesting that some people feel differently about things when dressed or not. I am always the same person regardless of how I am dressed. If it would have teared me up as Kim, it's gonna tear me up as Matt. My emotons and feelings do not change with my clothes . . .

What I HAVE noticed though is that I seem to be getting more emotional as I age. Ten years ago I could watch the news and not feel any personal attachment when they showed scenes of large scale disasters, bodies floating in the muddy water, that sort of thing. These days when i see that sort of thing it tends to grab me. If I hear of a woman killed, I think of how I would feel were that my wife. If I see children hurt, mistreated, or dead, I picture MY children in that place and it bothers me. I've stopped watching the news for the most part these days because I don't need the anxiety and sadness in my life.

Often, I catch myself looking at my daughter and my chest will swell, and my heart will expand, and I have to wipe tears from my eyes. She is so beautiful and wonderful to me that just looking at her can make my eyes water. So no, I don't get more emotional when dressed as Kim, but I damn sure seem to be getting more emotional as I age.

Sylvermane
09-06-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm a pretty emotional person as well, but in guy mode, I try awefully hard to supress emotional feelings when in situations like that you've described.....Guys aren't supposed to cry you know!!! But when dressed, that barrier disappears altogether. It's a very liberating experience.

this

StaceyJane
09-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Last week I was watching "The Time Traveler's Wife" totally in male mode and I was just about to bust out crying at the end. In fact I almost cried later in the day just thinking about the ending.

Christina Horton
09-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Funny thing with me. I can cry at the drop of a hat , but when out in drab at a movie I don't let the tears come. I always figured that I would be able to vent the tears , but I find myself holding back the tears , why? Well it's because I don't want to ruin my makeup LOL :heehee:. I never figured on that one:eek:. But I have the same emotional state either way, that's just me though.

Frédérique
09-06-2009, 11:00 PM
I honestly don't think I would have experienced these emotional feelings had I been in male made. So, my question is, has anyone else experienced this sought of emotional behavior when dressed where they would not have in male mode?

To be honest, Nicole, I get teary-eyed at any little display of beauty whether I’m dressed or not. The slightest thing can make me cry, like a beautiful kiss, a gentle embrace, a thoughtful word of encouragement, or an unexpected act of kindness from someone. Being an artist, embracing visual beauty is what I do for a living, and there’s a lot of beauty around if you look for it. Come to think of it, it’s a wonder I’m not crying 24/7…:cry:

Monique L
09-06-2009, 11:13 PM
I never get teary eye'd enfemme, ruin's the make up :D.

Cheshire Gummi
09-07-2009, 12:21 AM
I wouldn't say I get more emotional when I'm "en femme."

I feel the same way about things whether I'm acting like a boy or girl. My reactions differs slightly, but it's always the same emotion.

There is a state of being where my feelings are altered. I call it "en rabidus."

It is not something I enjoy. My feelings are never more accessible. I don't cry more readily or smile easier. I get viscous and everything fills me with rage. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way from time to time, but it's honestly the only time my feelings differ from the norm.

Nicole Brown
09-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Thanks again to all of you for your replies. I now have to wonder if I am, as a few of you have indicated, suppressing a natural tendency towards being emotional when in male mode or if becoming Nicole really does open the flood gates of emotion for me. Maybe both apply.

I think I need to experiment with this and try to understand myself better. I know that as Kate mentioned, I was raised to be manly and strong, a lot of good that did :battingeyelashes:, but I also know that I cried along with the generic girls at my father's funeral. Hmmm, is this a reason for crying, even for a man, while the same act of crying at an emotional scene in a movies is not?

Interesting concept, is it alright for a man to cry only from sorrow but not from happiness or other emotions, while it is acceptable for a girl to cry at any time?

Any thoughts??

Nicole

Miranda09
09-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks again to all of you for your replies. I now have to wonder if I am, as a few of you have indicated, suppressing a natural tendency towards being emotional when in male mode or if becoming Nicole really does open the flood gates of emotion for me. Maybe both apply.

I think I need to experiment with this and try to understand myself better. I know that as Kate mentioned, I was raised to be manly and strong, a lot of good that did :battingeyelashes:, but I also know that I cried along with the generic girls at my father's funeral. Hmmm, is this a reason for crying, even for a man, while the same act of crying at an emotional scene in a movies is not?

Interesting concept, is it alright for a man to cry only from sorrow but not from happiness or other emotions, while it is acceptable for a girl to cry at any time?

Any thoughts??

Nicole

Personally, I think it's acceptable to cry anytime your emotions call for it. Our society tends to discourage this in men, but I see no harm in it. In fact, I think most women find that an attractive quality in a man.

Alaceann
09-07-2009, 10:44 AM
I cry at the drop of the hat. I have always been emotional and just thinking certian things will bring tears to my eyes.As far as movies I cry as easy as any other girl does.:o