PDA

View Full Version : Are swingers more understanding?

JenniferZ2009
09-07-2009, 06:49 AM
So I have a very good friend at work who is married. He and his wife are swingers and his wife is bisexual. If there was anyone to comeout to I would think that it would be him? Very good friend.

What do you think?

Shikyo
09-07-2009, 07:00 AM
It's hard to say anything based on the little information you've given.

In my opinion you should consider why you're thinking about coming out to them and what do you gain by doing this. Is there a specific reason why you want to come out to them? If there is you should consider how they usually react to not so "normal" people. There are ways to find out this if you don't know the reactions already. The way they react to these minor groups will tell a lot about them and if they would be good people to come out to.

Her wife being a bisexual so one could assume that she would be more tolerant about something like this. However, I can only assume as I do not know her personally.

The last bit of my little kitty opinion is that if you were to come out to them and they can't stand you the way you are I don't think they're worth to have as friends. There is no friend who wouldn't accept something like that from a friend. They might be confused at first but they shouldn't deny you to be what you want to be.

Good luck on telling them if you decide to do so. From all the people I've told all of them have reacted positively. Though, my case isn't directly comparable to yours because I'm a transsexual but it should at least give you some courage, I hope.

Niya W
09-07-2009, 07:02 AM
So I have a very good friend at work who is married. He and his wife are swingers and his wife is bisexual. If there was anyone to comeout to I would think that it would be him? Very good friend.

What do you think?
That does not make them more excepting to Cders.

Nisha
09-07-2009, 07:12 AM

What do you think?

I say consider the consequences when you come out to *anyone*. Once someone - anyone - knows, it is beyond your control how far the information goes.

When you come to a stage where you don't really care whatever happens when you come out, you do it.

If you hesitate and have to think, this is not the time.

(perhaps that is why I am still in *the closet*.)

- Nisha

PaulaJaneThomas
09-07-2009, 07:40 AM
You can never be certain how they will react until you tell them but I'd say the odds are on your side.