PDA

View Full Version : How do I start

Trisha Hairingtan
09-07-2009, 09:59 PM
How do I begin to make the physical change. I'm 220 lbs with lots of tattoos. In my heart and soul I'm a woman, but to the rest of the world I'm a big white ape.
Isn't life funny, I got the tattoos and strong back so no one would know how I was on the inside and to keep them at bay. It worked a little to well. So how do I START my new journey

lots of oxoxox to all of you.

AKAMichelle
09-07-2009, 10:24 PM
With many baby steps. You are like many of us. We hide our true self and build this persona which isn't the real us. Only to find one day that we can't hide it anymore.

I started by losing weight and getting the chest and back hair lasered. I have barely scratched the surface to what needs to be done. It is a marathon which I will eventually win. Good luck to you in your race.

CharleneT
09-08-2009, 10:50 AM
You have made an important first step already ( you're here and trying to find out how to deal with your feelings). I would recommend a good therapist - preferably one who has experience with TG issues -- although that is not critical. It can help in many different ways as you learn more about what you have had hidden away.

Good luck!

Welcome to the forums :hugs:

Charlene

MJ
09-08-2009, 11:51 AM
With many baby steps. You are like many of us. We hide our true self and build this persona which isn't the real us. Only to find one day that we can't hide it anymore.

I started by losing weight and getting the chest and back hair lasered. I have barely scratched the surface to what needs to be done. It is a marathon which I will eventually win. Good luck to you in your race.

this is true of many but your lighter than me ... *in the famous words of Yoda * judge me by my size hmmm

you start like all of us just baby steps and one day at a time.

to start go see your doctor and tell him how you feel. then find a gender therapist get diagnosed then start hrt . there that will keep you busy for a few months

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-2/1297372/08.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-2/1297372/Panorama%20bg.jpg

Melissa A.
09-08-2009, 12:04 PM
You won't be the first, Pat. My bestest and closet friend Did the whole Johnny Bravo macho thing for a long time; was, at one point 267 pounds of solid muscle and a 3rd regree black belt. Also has many tatoos on her back. She still has some physical concerns, but they are lesening all of the time. She presents as female and simply doesn't care what people think or say. Yes, the mental part of doing that takes time, but the worst thing you can do is think it's impossible to be who you are. It's never impossible and it's never too late. All the strength and luck in the world to you.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

Sheila
09-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Pat Debs and I are making the start on the road tomorrow, she has a Doctors appointment, the first small step on this long journey starts there :) good luck

Trisha Hairingtan
09-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Thanks for all the encouragement, love you all, oxoxox

I have a couple of pics posted,if you want to see why I'm worried, I could use some helpful suggestions.

Carole Cross
09-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Pat, a year ago I was covered in body hair, including a moustache and was about 230 lbs. I now epilate my body hair, apart from my back, whish I can't get to easily. I am going through a course of laser sessions on my beard hair, the third session is next week,and my make up techniques have improved tremendously. I have lost around 30 lbs and I have shoulder length hair. I have been assessed by a psychiatrist as transsexual and I am now working towards going full time, outside work, in November. All this before taking hormones. :)

I Where I am now seemed an impossible dream just a year ago, but by taking it one step at a time it is achievable and the time does go quite quickly. The important thing is not to rush into anything, it does get frustrating at times but it is worth taking your time and doing it right. :hugs: