PDA

View Full Version : Posting Pictures. A New Level of Out!

Rhonda Jean
09-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Just last night I posted my first avatar/picture on the Picture and Video Gallery after over 3 years of membership. What a discovery! I've never been fond of pictures of myself (a little too much reality). I got rid of the few old (film) pics I had, and I have only 2 pics of me on my computer.

Looking at everyone else's pics, I was just WAY too intimidated to post my own. It was very much what it must be like to be at a large gathering and look in the ballroom filled with beautiful women and being afraid/too self conscious to enter.

Well, I finally got up the nerve to enter. If I'd planned it I probably wouldn't have done it. I had cut my shopping trip short, started to get undressed, already took off my necklace and earrings, and decided I hadn't quite had enough. I snapped a few pics, went through the tutorial on posting pics, took a few deep breaths, and... walked into the room!

I surprisingly found everyone to be so nice, welcoming, and gracious! It was truly a new level of being out! I've been to 2 support group meetings years ago. I wasn't comfortable. I go out a lot. Shopping, hair and nail salons. I'm not a club person. My favorite place is a beauty school. Lots of beautiful young women, a large open environment (no place to hide!), and new girls to meet every few months. They all go out of their way to be nice to me. They make me feel like a minor celebrity. I often stop by and get a polish change just to get my girly fix. Getting my hair and nails done is almost old hat to me. Being around these wonderful girls in this very feminine environment is always a big upper.

Posting pics here is very much like that. If you haven't tried it, you should. After all these years I feel much more a part of this accepting community, and I'm no longer hiding behind a blank avatar. It may not seem like much to the rest of you, but for me, it's a whole new level of being out! Thanks!

Kathi Lake
09-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Welcome to the ball, beautiful one. Glad you decided to walk in!

Kathi

joandher
09-08-2009, 09:00 AM
I dont know why ,you look truly amazing,you underestimate yourself,i hope we can all see more of you in the future
:hugs:
J-JAY

docrobbysherry
09-08-2009, 09:28 AM
If I could look as pretty as u, I'd trash the 10,000+ pics I already have!:eek:

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your pics posted in the "Pictures" section here soon!? OK?:daydreaming:

renee k
09-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi Rhonda,

Your avitar is quite lovely. Hope to see more of you here.

Renee

DianneRoberts
09-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Looking at everyone else's pics, I was just WAY too intimidated to post my own. It was very much what it must be like to be at a large gathering and look in the ballroom filled with beautiful women and being afraid/too self conscious to enter.

I think that it might take me years too, I guess I'm a wimp.

Rhonda Jean
09-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Y'all are really too kind! Turns out the thread I started in the pictures and video gallery about my new avatar/pic got deleted because it was in the wrong section. Should have been in the lounge. I had no idea, and I'm kind of embarrassed about breaking a rule with my first picture post. Oh well, I'm learning!

As far as more pictures go, I just looked at the only other one I have. Its from about 4 years ago of me in curlers. It's really bad. Don't think I want to walk into the ballroom in curlers! Now that I got started on this, I'm sure I'll be taking more.

kasha
09-08-2009, 10:27 AM
You are a stunner! Be bold and be yourself. :daydreaming:

GINA-CD
09-08-2009, 10:39 AM
All the girls who post here started with one picture, many of us (at least it happened to me) posted in the wrong section or infringed picture size or something like that. The important thing is you're done with that first step and it was fun despite all the hesitation and time you took to do it. Now we just need more pics because you certainly look great. Thanks for sharing.

Christina Horton
09-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Looking at everyone Else's pics, I was just WAY too intimidated to post my own. It was very much what it must be like to be at a large gathering and look in the ballroom filled with beautiful women and being afraid/too self conscious to enter.

Ya I can understand why . Well if you look at my pic I know all the girls here will be very intimidated by my shear beauty and my drop dead gorgeous pic, I would not doubt you would run for the hills I am so pretty....NOOOOOOOOT. LOL I had no prob putting my pic here cuz I know I don't pass and are not pretty The prob I had was not knowing how to down load pic's LOL , All the gorgeous girls here are very beautiful and really can make all us girls feel plain like I do, Hell lets face it I don't look good at all , but I am fine with that. I dress for me not for anyone else , but I can be uncertain of my looks and am my worst critic.I think we are all our own worst critic. I always ask people to be honest with me in if the think I can pass. I can pass with some people and others say I am very much a "guy in a dress" , but I have come to realise that I don't care when I go out if/when I am read . It does not bother me.

We all need to get our confidence build up and when we do it is easier to be comfortable in our own "skin".

You look soooo good hun but like I said we all need a BOOST to our self confidence and if I had your looks I would never could never be happier with my looks. I don't see how you could look any more like a GG WOW you look awesome.

Rhonda Jean
09-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Posting pics is a confidence booster like I never expected. But, as I said in the thread that's now been deleted, it's kind of like the American Idol auditions. Somebody told those people they could sing, and they believed it! They always seem so shocked to find out that not everybody agrees!

I've always been amazed at the girls on here who post such beautiful pics and then say they never go out. I've never understood. I was the opposite. I went out a lot, but was afraid to post pics. After posting pics, I can see how it could sort of take the place of going out. The exposure and all the feedback is really cool! Besides that, only hours after posting pics I've started getting friends requests! over three years on the forum, no friends. Post a pic... friends!

I'm really no different. I'm much more comfortable conversing with someone when I know what they look like. It makes every post a lot more personal.

TxKimberly
09-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Welcome to the fun. By the way, with that digital camera you can get a memomry card and then you can take THOUSANDS of pics! ROFL

SherriePall
09-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Rhonda Jean -- Love your avatar pic. You look so natural and femme. Thanks for sharing. BTW, we now expect at least one new pic a week from you!

Alice B
09-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow! And you have been cheating us all this time from seeing your lovely looks.

Rhonda Jean
09-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Yes, Kimberly, I know! I've looked at yours for a long time. Ref my comments on feeling intimidated!

LisaM
09-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Rhonda,

Your picture is beautiful.

Dana Carlton
09-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Your avatar is gorgeous! Now that you now how to post pics correctly, what are you waiting for? We are all waiting to see more of that beautiful smile!

Deborah Jane
09-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the ball Rhonda Jean

You look great :)

aprilgirl
09-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Based on your avatar Rhonda I can see why you are comfortable going out. Very well done and thanks for sharing.

brenda lynn mwe
09-08-2009, 01:48 PM
hello rhonda
you look fabulous . as good as you look you should have had your picture up long time ago . its amazing when your talking to someone and you wondering what they look like and wow what a shocker please keep the pictures coming we all like them
brenda lynn

deja true
09-08-2009, 01:55 PM
That's a great photo of you!

Wanna know what I wanna see for your next pics?

Some of those adventures at the Beauty School!

Get the girls to take pics of you... ;)

DaphneGrey
09-08-2009, 02:09 PM
You are stunning! You look Amazing!

Rhonda Jean
09-08-2009, 02:10 PM
OMG! Look at y'all! And y'all are telling me I look good? I'm SO loving this sorority!

Deja. Actually, I'd love to have some beauty school pictures, too, and I know they'd love taking them. Thing is, I try to make those appointments SEEM like they're ordinary for me. In many ways they are. I've done the salon/beauty school thing for a long time. I don't have to tell y'all, though, that it's not entirely ordinary! I'm afraid if I asked them to take pictures it might seem like I was getting some kind of cheap thrill out of it. Maybe I am, but I don't think I want to announce it!

Love Y'all!

jennifer3169
09-08-2009, 04:46 PM
you look great and so natural i would die to look half as good hope to see more of you
Jennifer

milliek
09-08-2009, 10:36 PM
:daydreaming: you have resemblance to a girl i dated once when i was younger