PDA

View Full Version : I just like the clothes.

johnboy23
09-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Is it ok for me to just like womans clothes and not try to actually be a woman? I have tried make up and heels and acting like a woman and it just was not me. So is it ok for me to like womans clothes and just be myself?

PaulaJaneThomas
09-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Whatever you like is OK. You're not hurting anybody.

Ras
09-08-2009, 10:21 AM
yes that is ok, If you like the clothes...then dress up the way you want to. You obviously have no desire to go out in public or fully transition. Every one has different tastes, wants and likes.

Enjoy it the way YOU want it!

Holly
09-08-2009, 10:23 AM
...is it ok for me to like womans clothes and just be myself?Absolutely, Johnboy23. And cherish the fact that you have found what makes you happy :).

Chrissie P
09-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Do it and enjoy !!!

Kimmy55
09-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Always try to be yourself no matter what your doing.

johnboy23
09-08-2009, 10:52 AM
I definately want to go out in public. I dont care what I do inside my home its the outside that I want to know will be more accepting. I have seen guys wear capris and womens style V necks before.

Ras
09-08-2009, 11:06 AM
well since you have desire to go out in public...are you passable? Do you care if your passable? What is someone recognizes you? These are only a few of the questions you need to answer.

Sarah Doepner
09-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Yes, it's fine to like the clothes and not want to transition. I think you will find that makes you like a very large percentage of the CDs on the planet. As far as going out wearing womens tops or pants without attempting to pass, you are probably okay there. Once you get more adventurous and maybe want to go out wearing a skirt or dress, without doing the makeup, forms and hair, you have to consider how you will react to things said if you don't attempt to pass or blend. There are people out there who don't understand what you are doing and don't have the courtesy to keep it to themselves.

mskilmer
09-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Very interesting question, and one I can definitely relate to. I love dressing up and going out. I used to get very nervous about "passing" ... but came to realize that I am really just a man in women's clothes. It may sound funny, but once I took that position and stopped trying to "pass", I became SO much more confident and relaxed ... and I pass just fine 99 percent of the time! I don't want to be a woman ... I do not consider myself to be a woman trapped in a man's body ... I just love the dressing up! Others no doubt dress for many other reasons, which is great. Yes I do love to "pass", but if I raise an eyebrow or two while I'm out it's OK.

Barbara918
09-08-2009, 12:12 PM
mskilmer, you took the words right out of my mouth!

jenna_woods
09-08-2009, 12:17 PM
if that what you like do it its not hurting anyone, guess you don't want to go out in public.

stevie34
09-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I haven't been out in public myself, but feel a similar way - I don't have a wig, I don't shave my beard every week, and have never tried makeup.

I don't even have a mirror. Though I'm thinking about organising one - maybe that will encourage me to shave more often - always fun to try things, but it's more the feel in private for me.

Though I did venture outside in a tight black strappy cotton vest top and army pants the other day. I'm sure I've seem men wearing similar - didn't look like obvious crossdressing but it did feel it.

Mirror and mens fashion mags for reference and you might well get away with it.

lisalove
09-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Sure it's ok, there's nothing wrong with being who you are. just do whatever you are comfortable with.
All I wear is women's clothes. In fact they are all I own. Most of what I wear isn't obviously female, but if you know what you are looking at, you could tell they are women's.
I have no desires to be a woman. I do get all dolled up on occasion,and I do go out that way, but it is a rarity. Even though I am told I am passable, it's not my goal in life to be a woman. To me it is just for fun.

deja true
09-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Johnboy, just do what you wanna do...

There are several members here who go out in womens clothes, sans wigs or makeup, without attempting to pass. Check out Butterfly Bill and Intertwined and Lainie and Pink Person...

There are lots of members who dress fully, but still recognize themselves as "a man in a dress" and couldn't give a hoot about whether they pass or not ...

Personally, I like to spend lots of time on presentation and do my very best, 'cos the preparation and the experimentation and the display are big thrills to me. But if i get read, I just don't care anymore. Been read every time, but never got a discouraging word.

The clothes are fun. For some of us it's makeup. For some it's lingerie. For some it's a little bit of everything. For some it's about something else entirely.

There's a lotta room here for you and any way you wanna be.

:)

silkyness
09-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Sometimes I just go out with mens shorts and a shirt on and pantyhose. It's an adrenaline rush, but nobody seems to care or notice. When I'm in guy mode I'll still wear girls jeans because it's acceptable.

I like wearing the clothes too by themselves. The feel is way better, it's more constricted and formed to your body. Girls have the more comfortable clothes (except bras).

Shikyo
09-08-2009, 03:12 PM
There are no rules you need to follow. Just follow your own comfort zone. If you like to wear cloths there is nothing wrong in wearing them.

Not everyone has to want to become woman at all. Some of us do but not all. Try to be yourself and not someone else.

Emma England
09-09-2009, 05:05 AM
If that is what you prefer, then it is okay.

Too many people are obsessed with passing.

Some have no desire to pass.

With people like yourself, the general public can be educated about cding.

I am a mixture myself. If shopping, I prefer to look female.
Most of the time though, I wear women's clothes (and makeup when going out socially) but staying as a guy.

Once you find your true self, then you can relax.

Raychel
09-09-2009, 05:48 AM
I hope it is OK, that is where I have been for the last 40 years. I would hate to find out that I am not doing it right now. :sad:

Andy66
09-09-2009, 06:32 AM
It's not just okay -- it's awesome. IMHO we need more people like you who are willing to be fashion mavericks and change the rules. Just be prepared that you may get static from some of the general public. If you are a positive example of crossdressers, you will be helping to change the world for the better. Yay you!

JiveTurkeyOnRye
09-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Boy, sometimes I wonder if people even read the original posts before responding. The OP specifically says he doesn't want to wear makeup or wigs or falsies or try to look like a woman at all, and yet some people still responded with "Do you think you're passable?" and the like. Thank God at least some of you actually got what he was saying.

That's part of why I hate the whole concept of "passing." It has gotten so ingrained into the topic of crossdressing that people still bring it up even when the person talking has made it absolutely clear that they have no interest in it.

Johnboy, I think what you do is absolutely great and I hope you find the courage to get out there and do it in public. As a guy who has worn skirts in public, it feels amazing! Sure, I get the occasional "what the hell?!" look, but it's only by being out there and being myself in the clothes I like and leading by example that things will change.

Secret Sis
09-09-2009, 08:41 AM
I also have no interest in wigs, makeup etc. I just love wearing female clothes... unfortunately most of what I really enjoy wearing would be inappropriate for someone of my age and weight to wear in public, so I enjoy dressing in the privacy of my home and keep it there. For me it is not about feeling or acting female, it's just about wearing clothes that I am comfortable in and enjoy.

Rebecca Jayne
09-09-2009, 08:53 AM
I am by no means a lady, though I wish sometimes I could be. I can't wear wigs or make up, but I love the clothes, so I'm a clothes horse and I love it and it sounds like there are a lot of us.

johnboy23
09-09-2009, 09:01 AM
I think a mojority of crossdressers probably want to be TG or TS. Its seems like it is easier for them to come out since they have pretty much became a woman through and through. So most probably just assume that everyone wants to be passable or not be noticed publicly.

Emma Chase
09-09-2009, 09:01 AM
I think this is a post with a theme that we see all too often.

Why is it socially acceptable for a female to wear male clothing and not have an eyelid batted at them (unless they are probably being flirted with) yet for a male to want to wear a skirt then society screams ‘bloody murder’

If it helps with feeling more comfortable when out in public there are clothing companies that make some items for guys that the ‘norm’ would say were for gals.

http://www.utilikilts.com/

http://www.midasclothing.com/pages/

Here is a resource site as well …

http://www.zyra.org.uk/sk4men.htm

I know your asking the question is it OK to dress and not wear a wig / makeup etc and go out in public, but what I wanted to show you here John Boy is that there is maybe a transitional phase that you could start with and then move into more feminine gear. Basically if they see you in some stuff ‘guy stuff’ to start then after a period of time they wouldn’t bat an eyelid when you went to softer materials.

Bottom line is what we do is actually harmless. It’s really down to us to be strong and not let others opinion shape who we really are and how we wish to express ourselves.

I wish you well and remember your not alone :)

E

Rachel Morley
09-09-2009, 09:39 AM
I think it's totally fine :) For me, I love going the whole way, BUT ... most of the time I'm not fully en femme. I often openly wear women's clothes in boy mode, like girl's jeans or capris, with women's tees. I add a khaki baseball cap, pink and white tennis shoes, earrings and a little eye makeup. It's a way of expressing my femme side without going the whole nine yards (full make up, wig, forms, hip and bottom padding, etc is sometimes a lot of work).

Just because women's clothes are made for women doesn't mean they can't look good on a guy. Ok, there are somethings that you might not have the body shape for, or other things that if you wear them in public people are gonna stare, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't do it. However, depending on where you go, just be prepared for people to look at you and smile. At the moment my "girly-boy mode" doesn't include wearing skirts and my tops are not frilly or anything, so while it's obvious that I'm wearing women's clothes I don't think it's too "in your face".

Start off gently and build up to whatever level you feel comfortable with. It feels great, and is actually quite liberating as I'm not trying to fool anyone I'm just wearing feminine items of clothing.

Ralph
09-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Is it ok for me to just like womans clothes and not try to actually be a woman? I have tried make up and heels and acting like a woman and it just was not me. So is it ok for me to like womans clothes and just be myself?
Welcome to the club, John Boy (heh... that takes me back!) There are plenty of us "guys in dresses" around. I do not in any way consider myself a woman, or want to be treated as one, or want to look like one. I don't want to pass, transition, or so much as get winked at by another man (everybody say it with me: "not that there's anything wrong with that").

Even on Second Life, where the aspiring part-time girl can be whatever she wants to me, I'm a hairy guy in a dress. I use that medium to get people to notice, guys in dresses are just as fun to be with as guys in furry costumes or guys in tight leather pants.

So yeah, being a guy is great and wearing a dress is great, so being a guy in a dress is doubly terrific. Furthermore, you are under no obligation at all to "take it to the next level". If you're happy where you are, stay there. Don't out yourself unless you want to - there is no shame at all in avoiding the social problems that come with the territory. Just enjoy who you are, for we are fearfully and wonderfully made that way.

Angie F
09-09-2009, 11:10 AM
To the best of my knowlage, there isn't a hand book with the rules of crossdressing anywhere to be found. It is totaly ok to wear what makes you feel comfortable. :)

Barbara918
09-09-2009, 11:28 AM
"It is totaly ok to wear what makes you feel comfortable."

Ironically, these are often the same garments that make women feel uncomfortable.

Emma England
09-09-2009, 11:36 AM
But there's more than one kind of "comfortable".

Do the clothes feel comfortable?
Do you feel comfortable with the image you project?
Will you feel comfortable with the reactions of others in the street?
I sometimes think that one reason many of us get obsessed with passing is that we can't say "yes" to question 2 or question 3. I know I can't. I don't like the image of the bald hairy bloke in a frock, and I don't want to cope with being stared at more than I am when I pass (i.e. barely stared at at all).

Therefore I wear the wig and the slap*.

(* Slap = theatrical slang for makeup)

True, but do you have to wear a feminine wig?
Why not a man's one?

The purpose of cosmetics are to enhance your face regardless of gender.

Personally, I do not care what others think.
I am capable of thinking for myself!

As for the guy in a skirt, I never get any reaction (I go about my business as myself with no guilt)

JulieC
09-09-2009, 12:29 PM

Absolutely.

I don't like makeup very much. I've tried, but don't enjoy it.

I'm nuts about heels. I'd wear them 100% of the time if I could.

I don't like acting in feminine ways per se.

I do want to "pass" so I can dress in feminine clothes without having to worry about repercussions.

I don't want to have a sex change operations, and am quite happy having the genitalia I do have.

I'm normal.

So are you.

gracee
09-09-2009, 12:38 PM
The clothes are a gas to wear, all by themselves. The few times I've gone out have been IIRC always on Halloween. And then I do make the effort to look respectably like a woman -- as part of a successful "costume". A decent wig and jewelry... heavy earrings especially make me aware of my head as I swing it... and lipstick. Wow! Lipstick. So unmale. So antimale. So... female.

Do I pass as a woman? No. But I have gotten compliments from people who recognize that I put some effort into the masquerade.

lisalove
09-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Katie, I was in fact referring to numbers 2 and 3. If you (the general term) can honestly answer yes to both of them then You (again the general term) are comfortable.
I can honestly answer yes to both of them. I have gone through my entire life, not careing what anybody has to say about what I do with my life. I have to live it, not anyone else. I have to make me happy not them. I am comfortable wearing my clothes, anywhere, anytime, and I am happy with it.

Cheshire Gummi
09-09-2009, 03:29 PM

No. Never. How could you?

Monster.

Get out of my sight.

Andy66
09-10-2009, 04:26 AM
Why is it socially acceptable for a female to wear male clothing and not have an eyelid batted at them (unless they are probably being flirted with) yet for a male to want to wear a skirt then society screams `bloody murder`
Have a good cry, then go put on whatever clothes you want! The muggles'll get used to it eventually.

starless
09-10-2009, 05:16 AM
I'm glad to see Johnboy23's thread in that I love wearing lingerie (I wore panties 24/7 for 4 years and slept in baby dolls) but I have no desire to wear dresses, high heels or makeup which is a little confusing to me as I'm not sure if I'm a CD or simply have a lingerie fetish. I love being mistaken for a girl even when I'm in boy jeans, plain white T-shirt and boots. I think of myself as a sissyboy trying to be a tomboy but this isn't a conflict to me and I'm very comfortable with this self-image. I don't think I'm a woman trapped in a man's body; I love my boy body and have no desire to go dressed in public. From the above posts it seems the CD category is broad enough to accommodate people like Johnboy and me.

Andy66
09-10-2009, 05:44 AM
From the above posts it seems the CD category is broad enough to accommodate people like Johnboy and me. Or are we in a separate box?
We're all unique, but all part of the same something larger. :hugs:

PretzelGirl
09-10-2009, 09:20 AM
IIRC - If I Recall Correctly

Tasha McIntyre
09-10-2009, 11:01 AM
What a great thread!

Johnboy, for 30 years I only did the guy in a skirt look, no make up, no wig, nothing except the clothes. It was only about this time last year when I started to experiment with a femme appearance, mainly to see what it was like and to not be recognised if I went out in public (which I do now quite regularly).

Even these days about 80% of the time I am dressed it is clothing only.

As stated a few times, there is a place for us all of us here. Good luck to you.

Tash :)

Metoo
09-12-2009, 01:05 AM
HI,
I love dressing up more than and not sure why, but for some reason it just feels so good and I'm getting to think so much like me:)

Andreaxxoo
09-12-2009, 01:33 AM
It is perfectly ok to just want to wear the clothes!

dragdoll
09-12-2009, 01:40 AM
whatever makes you feel comfortable i say. whatever floats your boat.