PDA

View Full Version : Working around the house and CD'ing

Karen Born
09-08-2009, 12:53 PM
I've been doing renovations to a bedroom in my house this last week and going through a 'pink fog' :daydreaming: whilst working (and sweating).

I want to dress up - even just a little bit - but don't because of the physical effort and perspiration that occurs makes it too onerous to do. Maybe I'm just too lazy?

Does anyone else have this problem and how did you help yourself through this? I have some feminine jeans and t-shirts but don't want to get paint/drywall compound all over them or my wigs for that matter. Any suggestions?

Karen.

TNRobin
09-08-2009, 12:59 PM
I have the same problem. I settled for underdressing and then over my bra, panties and whatnot I just wear old jeans and a t-shirt. I imagine that's what a GG would do as well, though it's not as cute!:daydreaming:

mskanuchi
09-08-2009, 01:29 PM
I have to use my "work around the house" clothes. Don't want to mess up any of my girly items. I do catch myself practicing fem moves when I'm doing yardwork or anything else. This morning I was caulking around a window, needed another tube, took time to practice walking as if I was in 4" heels, putting one foot in front to the other. It helps me get through the day.

Ms Kanuchi

cheryl anne michaels
09-08-2009, 01:41 PM
since i'm always in panties, thats never a problem. i find myself in male mode, (except the panties under) when i'm out in the garage/yard doing traditional male work. when inside doing housework/laundry/cookng etc. i love the casual wife look, shorts, t tops, sandals, shorter wigs and a little makeup.

Sally2005
09-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Maybe because it takes too darn long to get made up and I have to go in my yard to use my tools (which I won't do while dressed), it seems like if ever I want to get work done around the house doing it while dressed results in not much getting done. Simple vaccuuming or something...no problem. Also, I can see why many woman don't do much physical house work...long hair gets in the way, you get hot and sweaty, nails get broken and you just don't feel so girly.

Kate Simmons
09-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Only one. Make it a choice rather than an overbearing need and when "play time" comes it will mean that much more and you will enjoy it more. Besides there is a reason our SO's usually defer the sweaty jobs to us if they can if you catch my drift.;)

Rachel05
09-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Yes I go for underdressing too nice bra and panties under the working clothes makes me feel very nice while still being practical

jenniferj
09-08-2009, 02:15 PM
When I have to do messy or dirty work I do exactly what my favorite real girl and role model (DearSweetWife) does - I wear her husband's old clothes. I'm afraid I don't look quite as cute as she does, but it is kindof cool to see my (guy-me) T-shirts and jeans stretched out over my (girl-me) boobs and hips...

I even keep a few really old (and small) t-shirts just for this purpose. ):o

I generally don't wear a wig (my own hair is longer than shoulder length), but do tuck my hair up into a an old ball cap (but for a couple of wisps that somehow manage to fall free), and occassionally a kercheif (painting ceilings).

Yes I do get "dewy", but the fragrance of the baby-powder girl deodorant is nice in its own way...

=jj

Kathi Lake
09-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Well, this morning the kids were back in school. I did a little light eye makeup - some shadow, light liner and mascara. Not enough to be plainly obvious to anyone from a distance, but enough to be clearly obvious to a woman, especially close-up. On the way to Home Depot I added my usual lip plumper/gloss and went to the paint department. I have been painting and remodeling the kid's bathroom earlier this week, so the girls at the paint counter already knew me. They said they knew I'd be back soon. I replied that it wasn't the paint that kept me coming back. :) We bantered for awhile and I noticed that they both kept flicking her gaze from my lips to my eyes. I just smiled, got their recommendations for ceiling paint and acted as everything was normal. They treated me just fine, wished me a great day and I was on my way.

I came home and attached my forms. I wanted to see what a day of hard work was like with boobies. So far, it's been hard and sweaty. I don't envy my wife having to wear her bra all of the time. I think I'm going to change from one of my "everyday whites" to one of my wife's sleep/casual bras. They look much cooler.

Kathi

Sarah Doepner
09-08-2009, 03:06 PM
You may want to take a trip to the local thrift store and find some girly grubbies that you could get paint on. Small investment and then you have one more option.

jenniferj
09-08-2009, 03:08 PM
another note -

When it is hot, or I expect that I will be damp, I don't bother to glue the forms in place. They won't stay anyway and the glue seems to irritate my sensitive skin.

Instead I slip a piece of terrycloth (from an old towel) cut to approximate the "footprint" under each form and hold the girls in place with a tighter bra than I would usually wear. I do leave the straps loose-ish so that I bounce a little when I go up and down the ladder.:)

-jj

Kathi Lake
09-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Jennifer, I have the new forms from Amoena with Comfort Plus. It works to "wick" heat away from your chest wall. As sweaty as I've been all day, they've stayed in place - even as I bend over to refill the paint roller.

Kathi

Sara Jessica
09-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Funny this comes up now, I did some work around the house yesterday in girl mode and I thought of posting something like this.

Ha, wearing panties
makes housework tolerable here ... :)
Sara

I wish it were that easy.

For me, it's not so much about "dressing while working". It's about focus. When I'm able to "be", I'm able to "be more productive" if that makes any sense.

Keyanna
09-09-2009, 03:12 AM
whenever i can, i always dressed while doing house work, seems like i can get it done in half the time ... :hugs:

Lorna
09-09-2009, 04:38 PM
It just so happens that in the past week I have experienced doing a house maintenance job on two occasions, the first in my normal male clothes and the second while dressed in skirt, shirt, hose and chunky heels. How this came about is neither here nor there but it meant I could directly compare the two experiences.

The job involved quite a lot of stretching and bending and also some crouching, sitting or kneeling on the floor. It wasn't a messy job, so no real problems getting my clothes dirty. There's no doubt that the female clothing made some of the movements and actions a little more difficult, but only very slightly. For example,I could feel my bra being stretched somewhat and I had to lift my skirt out of the way a few times when on the floor and moving around there. On the other hand, there was one big plus from the women's clothes in terms of comfort: over and over again, in male garb, my shirt would pull partially out of my trousers and the trousers would slip down, needing frequent adjustment to be comfortable, but my skirt and shirt never moved at all and the absence of trouser fabric dragging on my knees and legs all the time made the overall outfit far more comfortable. If I had a free choice....it would be the women's clothes, probably with completely flat shoes but otherwise unaltered. A shorter skirt would have made some aspects easier and, as I was on my own, modesty would not have been a consideration.
There! A consumer test report!

Glenda58
09-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I got some cloths from the thrift shop that I use to do work around the house. Jeans, shorts and tops just some everyday things. I cut the lawn work in the yard. Also a cheap pair of tennis shoes for painting and the yard.
My dressed but I don't have to worry about getting my good things messed up.

sherri52
09-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Try doing it with panties and a bra under your work clothes and add an old pair of earings and lipstick. Nothing to lose if you get paint on them.

Sharonn
09-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Solution... have someone do the work for you free, you could watch while dressed...

Jessicainme
09-10-2009, 10:19 AM
I was just thinking of that today. Since I'm retired I do most of the house cleaning. I don't care because to me it's a girl thing. If I can I try to wear heels just to practice walking in them, if I don't wear them I practice my walk. I try to act as womanly as I can. Sitting, kneeling so on. I like to practice my woman voice, thou I still sound like a sick foghorn. My wife knows about my desire to dress but I have kept it out of her sight. I guess that's it more because of me then her. I know a lot of sisters will say go for it. Show her your female side, but one must be ready for it.
Well back to cleaning...

Jessica

Cathytg
09-10-2009, 10:43 AM
I have problems with trying to work around the house while dressed. I would rather not get all sweaty (Oops! Girls perspire) and I usually wait until later if I am going to dress that day.

unclejoann
09-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Lately I have been moving things around quite a bit, packing boxes of things and moving them downstairs to the garage.

I find 3 inch heels are ok for going up and down stairs carrying boxes, but I am not brave enough to try 4 inch heels with that chore. That is why I am wearing 4 inch now, I don't want to do that today.

Rebecca Jayne
09-11-2009, 08:44 PM
I am usually outside for 2-3 hours in the heat & humidity, so I wear bras and panties that are synthetic that way they wick away moisture to my shorts & t-shirts. My bra usually is outlined thru my tee by the time I'm done. Just hang them up and they air dry in hours.

After my guy duties are done, its all girl mode for the rest of the day.