PDA

View Full Version : Weddings....

Tiffany Leigh
09-09-2009, 01:36 PM
My wife and I are in a wedding this saturday, geez, The ladies are wearing beautiful magenta gowns :daydreaming: and Im stuck in a monkey suit....LOL. Oh well, its about the Bride and Groom, right.:love:

Alice B
09-09-2009, 01:38 PM
You got it. But, maybe you and your wife can have a private wedding. You as the bride and she as the groom. Could be a lot of fun.:eek:

Tiffany Leigh
09-09-2009, 01:42 PM
You got it. But, maybe you and your wife can have a private wedding. You as the bride and she as the groom. Could be a lot of fun.:eek:

HAHA Ive tried to talk her into going as a crossdressed wedding party for Halloween.....:eek:

celeste26
09-09-2009, 01:50 PM
You said it yourself, it is the Bride and grooms day not yours. There will be plenty of other times when you can get your day in the sun just let them have their own day for themselves. Have fun even if you must wear the "monkey suit."

GaleWarning
09-09-2009, 02:42 PM
You can always underdress.
:)

PaulaJaneThomas
09-09-2009, 02:44 PM
May be you should go all the way and wear a proper monkey suit :D

http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:PF3_PtVuvsCpzM::www.masks-wigs-and-costumes.com/Costumes/images/gorilla.jpg&h=78&w=65&usg=__-F33YcrfQWWMU7ZA7MUiKlV2ZaI=

Rebecca Jayne
09-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Wear a sexy garter belt, seamed stockings and a cute bra and you'll have your cake and ice cream and eat it to.

Staci
09-20-2009, 09:14 PM
I just attended a wedding that my daughter was one of the bridesmaids. When her friend and her showed me the pretty blue bridesmaids dresses I blurted out " Oh I would love to wear a dress that pretty." I then said, to lighten the moment, if you buy me one I will wear it to the wedding." They thought I was joking so the moment was no longer awkward. I don't go out dressed so I surely would not actually have done it. I couldn't. But--- I would have loved to have one of those dresses.

gender_blender
09-21-2009, 11:42 AM
I just attended a wedding that my daughter was one of the bridesmaids. When her friend and her showed me the pretty blue bridesmaids dresses I blurted out " Oh I would love to wear a dress that pretty." I then said, to lighten the moment, if you buy me one I will wear it to the wedding." They thought I was joking so the moment was no longer awkward. I don't go out dressed so I surely would not actually have done it. I couldn't. But--- I would have loved to have one of those dresses.

I attended a wedding in NY last month where I was one of the bridesmaids and people didn't seem to take issue with it, but then again, I pass reasonably well. Our dresses were deep purple strapless floor length gowns, bought and altered at David's Bridal, with white heels and a small bouqet of white carnations.

Jessica Who
09-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Such is life, like everyone said, let the couple enjoy their day and you can have your own someday :D

Leslie Langford
09-21-2009, 01:20 PM
...did someone mention weddings and crossdressing?

Check out this lively discussion thread on the Forums section of the Tennessee Bridal website for some eye-opening posts:

http://www.tennesseebridal.com/fashion/children/ringbearer.asp

What began as a benign discussion on what would be an appropriate outfit for a young male ringbearer to wear sudddenly veered off into a lengthy exchange around teenaged boys who were drafted to fill in as maids of honor, bridesmaids or flowergirls as a result of unique family situations.

Seems that all the GG's responding to this thread were very much on board with the concept, and even some bridal shop owners and wedding make up artists chimed in with positive comments.

Yes, there was always the underlying concern that having a boy stand in for such a function might distract from the bride on this special day of hers, but what's interesting is that this type of thing appears to happen a lot more often than some people would expect.

Tiffany Leigh
09-21-2009, 04:19 PM
I must add, it was an amazingly beautiful wedding of two amazing people. Honored to be in it none the less. Although.....:daydreaming:

kristinacd55
09-21-2009, 05:58 PM

Check out this lively discussion thread on the Forums section of the Tennessee Bridal website for some eye-opening posts:

What began as a benign discussion on what would be an appropriate outfit for a young male ringbearer to wear sudddenly veered off into a lengthy exchange around teenaged boys who were drafted to fill in as maids of honor, bridesmaids or flowergirls as a result of unique family situations.

Seems that all the GG's responding to this thread were very much on board with the concept, and even some bridal shop owners and wedding make up artists chimed in with positive comments.

Yes, there was always the underlying concern that having a boy stand in for such a function might distract from the bride on this special day of hers, but what's interesting is that this type of thing appears to happen a lot more often than some people would expect.

The letters written for this are amazing! Sorry to get off the main topic but :eek:

docrobbysherry
09-21-2009, 07:20 PM
I was the "father of the bride"! I didn't look too bad in my tux, considering.:straightface:

But, I couldn't help thinking how much BETTER I would have looked, as Sherry, mother of the bride!:devil:

skirted
09-21-2009, 07:49 PM
all ya'll need is an alternative lifestyle friend. a lesbian couple i know is planning a ceremony and i'm the maid of honor. i'm gonna go full 9's. :daydreaming: :D

sherri52
09-21-2009, 07:56 PM
After the wedding you can reverse roles and clothes

TJ Tresa
09-21-2009, 08:10 PM
I have always found that when I have to wear a suit if I wear black silky misthose over freshly shaved legs it seem so much nicer and nobody but me knows it, unless I borrow a pair from my wife. LOL

crossdrezzer1
09-22-2009, 05:39 AM
if your wife is in the wedding then she gets a pretty gown to take home,,then you can wear it and imagine you standing up at the alter,,I have done that 3 times..

Xenia
09-22-2009, 06:34 AM

I dunno....maybe I'm just overcynical, but a lot of those responses tripped off my BS detector.....they looked an awful lot lot they were cut-and-pasted from fictionmania.com. Especially the one with bridesmaid who was hurt in a car accident the night before the wedding and had to have her coincidentally-exactly-the-same-size male cousin sub for her, and the one where the guy felt the need to describe the omnipresent "frilly panties" he was made to wear as a 10-year-old.

Methinks a lot of those posts were written with one hand, ifyouknowwhatimean.....:)

Karren H
09-22-2009, 06:35 AM
So why not wear matching magenta lingerie??

robyn1114
09-22-2009, 06:44 AM
I know how you feel, I went to my sister-in-laws wedding a couple weeks ago and was so jealous

DAVIDA
09-22-2009, 06:58 AM
Recently, Jean and I went to a good friend's beach wedding. When he was telling us about the details of the wedding last winter, he said that I could come dressed!:eek:
I said most emphatically, NO! There is no way that I would even consider taking any attention away from his bride!

Although, a nice sundress and sandals would have been nice.:heehee:

Jennifer Marie P.
09-22-2009, 03:26 PM
I was a bridesmaid at my friends wedding a few months ago and wore a bridesmaid dress and it felt so great and had the best time.