PDA

View Full Version : Shopping in Boy Mode

Kathi Lake
09-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Today I did something that I haven't done much - a mega-shopping trip in boy mode.

It was going to be a girly day. I was going to drop my wife off at the airport and then go home and get pretty. Honestly, after thinking about it, I just didn't feel like it. The drive home, getting girly and driving back just seemed too much of a bother (Wow. Maybe I am coming down with something! :)). So, I wore my "wonder unders" and control-top hose under my guy uniform of jeans and a polo and went off to the Fashion Place Mall in Salt Lake.

My mission for today was to find a pair of dressy, slim-leg black slacks. I knew that Talbots has some new pants for Fall - including a nice pair of side-zip plain front pants - perfect for some of my rather close-fitting sweaters - and thought I'd give them a look.

I stopped off at Nordstrom first to say hello to the MAC artists there and see what was new in the world of makeup. Nothing rocked my world there, so I went next door to the shoe department. I was in luck as the sale racks were out. I found a cute pair of Joan & David pumps in a gorgeous Fall red. I had seen these shoes before, but at $169.00, they were a bit too pricey for me. I saw them on the sale racks today for only $52.00. Score! I grabbed the 10 in that size and kept browsing. The beautiful blonde SA that helped me last time smiled and walked up to me. She asked if I wanted the match to try on. I thought about it for a second and said sure. She asked me if I saw anything else that I liked. We both browsed and I saw a pair of BCBGs in a dove gray suede. I picked it up and said, "Ooooohhhh! Pretty!" She said, "You are her! Aren't you the girl that came in a month or so ago all dressed up?" I admitted that I was. She said "I thought you looked familiar. We still talk about how pretty you were and how natural you seemed as a woman." I think I blushed, but thanked her for the compliment. I told her that I wanted to try both pair on. She walked to the back and I sat down to wait. Other women were cruising the shoe aisles, smiling at me when they caught my eye. The SA came out with the two boxes and a few other pair she thought I might like.

The first pair was a definite keeper. They felt great and the color is so cute that even though I don't have anything to wear them with, I'll buy an outfit or two just so I can wear them. I made sure to walk on both the carpeted area and the tile floor to see how they felt. Isn't it funny how the sound of heels on a tile floor makes heads turn? There were a couple of men who looked my way, but something must not have computed as they seemed to look right through me. A few women looked and smiled. I sauntered back and the SA said "Look at you working those pumps. You're good! You go, girl!"

I next tried on the BCBGs. I have to say that BCBG is one of my favorite brands. They're not overtly too sexy like some of the Jessica Simpson pumps. They usually have very classic lines and are pretty comfortable. This pair was all those things. She slipped them on my feet (God, I love that!) for me, I stood and walked over to the mirror. There was another lady there. I looked down at her shoes and said they were very cute. They were a dark gray peep-toe in an embossed croc print. She thanked me but said they hurt a bit. I asked her if it hurt at the toes. She, surprised, said yes. I told her about the pads you could get for the ball of the foot that would prevent "Peep-toe squishing." She thanked me and said "Wow, you're good at this! I watched you walking in those. I would look like a elephant walking in heels that high. I told her that was nonsense. She said my shoes looked really cute and that I should get them. She said they would go great with a charcoal gray pencil skirt. The SA agreed and said they would also go great with the outfit she was wearing today (mostly black on black - black tights, charcoal gray mini, black top and a dark gray sweater - very cute!). I told them both that I actually have a few skirts that would work nicely with the shoes. The lady said "That is so cool that you do that!" The SA piped up with "You shoud see him dressed up as a woman. She's gorgeous! She makes me look like a cow!" We laughed and I called the BS flag on that one. The SA is incredibly gorgeous in that fresh-scrubbed Nordic (this is Utah, after all) way. The lady said, "I'd like to see that!" I smiled and said said "Oh really?" I pulled out my iPhone and showed her my pictures. She seemed stunned (in a good way, it seemed), and asked if that was really me. I smiled and said it certainly was. She asked if I did drag shows or was having "the surgery." I said that no, I really did this for fun because guy clothes were boring, guys didn't get to play with hair or makeup or shoes. She said you really should be a woman. You're so pretty. I thanked her and said that I liked being a guy just fine, but liked to play dress-up whenever I could. She said it did look like fun and that I was really good at it. We both went to ring up our purchases (she got the peep-toes. Yay!) and I showed her the shoe anti-slippage pads.

So, not bad for coming totally guy-mode. Two pairs of very cute shoes! I wasn't done yet though. I went upstairs to see what their pants selection was like. I saw a SA that had the vibe of "I'm not from this state and won't freak out if a guy tries on women's clothes." I approached her and told her what I was looking for - a pair of slim-leg black slacks with a plain front to go with my Fall sweaters. She showed me a few pair and asked me what size. Since I ate a huge breakfast at IHOP this morning, I told her that as much as I ate that I probably should get a 10, but asked for a 2. We got a 2 in both pair and I followed her to the register. She asked if I was ready to ring them up. I said I needed to try them on first. She said, "Oh. OK. I thought, . . ." I said that they were for me and I wanted to try them on to see the drape, the cut, etc. She walked me back to the dressing room. She kind of flinched when a woman walked by wearing a pair of pants and an unbuttoned shirt trailing behind her with her bra clearly showing (a pretty light mint-green). Neither the woman in the bra or I seemed to notice/care so she set me up in a room.

I tried on the first pair with the red heels and walked to the three-way. I had to wait for a woman looking at a cute business suit. She smiled and said hello and said, "My, you're a skinny little thing!" and went back to her room. I then tried on the other pair and went out. I think I liked the first pair better, so went back and tried it on and went back to the three-way. This time, the lady had to wait for me (this time, she was in a fabulous purple and brown dress!). The SA returned and asked how I was doing. She asked me how the fit was, asked me to lift my shirt so she could see. I said, and she agreed, that I think I needed the 0. The lady smiled and said "I hate you." We all giggled (it seemed natural) and she returned with the 0. This fit much better, but was a little short. The SA said the seamstress was there on site and we could lengthen them with no problems. I asked her if she could hold them as I wanted to pop over to Talbots to check out their selection. She said no problem and off I went.

Continued in next post. Here are the shoes!

Kathi

Kathi Lake
09-09-2009, 04:41 PM
I popped across the street to Talbots and asked the SA to show me the new pants. I said I was interested in the side-zip pants as they had a plain front that would look nice with some of my close-fitting sweaters. We looked through the pants. 14. 12. 12. 10 and a lone size 4. Bummer! We walked to the desk and she checked on the computer. They didn't even have a 0 or 2 in the catalog in the side-zip pants. She said that they were cutting the larger and smaller sizes out as they didn't sell that well anymore. Pity. She did have another pair of pants in mind, though. She said that this was the pair that all the SAs bought when they came out. She said that they really draped well and looked very cute. We looked through the rack. 14. 12. 10. 10. I was getting nervous again but at the end she did find a 2. Yay for me!

She asked me what else I was looking for. I had brought in my new red pumps to see if I could find a matching top. She took one out of the box, said it was a gorgeous color and we walked around the store. Unfortunately, most of the tops were too "red" and didn't seem to work. We did find a sweater that had reds and browns in it that looked good with the tones in the shoes. We grabbed a white blouse and a brown turtleneck to go under the blouse and off to the dressing room we went.

The dressing room was pretty busy. I did get a few looks as I walked through (all the way to the end, of course). It is odd that I find myself more self-conscious when trying on clothes as a guy than when I'm dressed as a woman. I've done it plenty of times before, but mostly at stores like Ross and the like - where it's almost self-serve anyway. Here, I just found it funny that I, a guy, was more comfortable when dressed as a woman in this environment.

Well, I tried on the pants with the white shirt and sweater. Eh. Too guy-ish. I replaced the white shirt with the brown turtleneck. Both the SA and I agreed that the sweater just wasn't working. One of the ladies piped up and said she thought it was cute, asked me the size (small), and said "if you're not going to get it, let me try it on." I took it off and gave it to her. Boy, it was nice being able to take something off over my head and not have my wig fritz out! She said that my pants looked cute on me, but were a little big. I said that was the problem with having no hips and that they didn't have them in a 0. She said "You don't have to be mean about it" and laughed. The SA said that the brown turtleneck worked great with the pants and went to get a belt. I stayed outside in the mirror area and looked at my pants from different angles. The lady said, "I've said this to guys before, but not in this way - you have a great butt! It looks very girly. What's your secret?" I thanked her and said that I didn't really have one, I was just naturally skinny. She said why can't women be naturally skinny?! Not fair!

The SA came back with a belt in a nice burgundy, but apologized for only having a medium, and also a cute top in a dark red. I tucked my turtleneck in and threaded the belt through. We agreed that it set off the outfit nicely. I said that something was missing though. She looked puzzled. I said that I hadn't planned on doing any shopping for tops and didn't bring the rest of my "shape." She still looked puzzled so I said "shape" and cupped my hands under my nonexistent breasts. She smiled and said "Oh! yes, those do make a difference. I went in to try on the red top. It was really cute and looked OK with the outfit. She came back while I was at the three-way (where the lady was out again). She said "My gosh, you are stunning!). The SA agreed (Duh! What else would a SA do? :)) and said the blouse was far enough away from the shoes that although it wasn't a perfect match, it worked great. I agreed and said that I though the perfectly-matching look was a bit cutesy for me.

In the end, I ended up not getting the pants as fit is important. The SA agreed and said she was sad that the smaller sizes were going away just when they were trying to catch the younger crowd. She gave me a five-dollar gift card for trying on their new pants, which I may use to get the red sweater after all. It's the one in the picture below.

Post finished in the next one.

Kathi

Sarah_new
09-09-2009, 04:41 PM
A great story Kathi. I do all my shopping in a guy mode, well underdressed to be precise. I find if you pick your stores and times well it's never a problem.

SherriePall
09-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Those are lovely shoes and a great looking sweater. Sounds like you have a great deal going on out there! Women who love and compliment your choices and how you look. Who could ask for anything more?

Kathi Lake
09-09-2009, 05:37 PM
I went back across the street to Nordstrom where the pants were waiting for me. I tried them on with my heels and went outside the dressing room to where the seamstress was. The lady I talked to earlier was there getting the suit she tried on fitted. I sat down and crossed my legs like a good girl and chatted with her and the seamstress. Finally it was my turn. I climbed up on the pedestal and, . . .

Darn! I have to take the kids to soccer practice. More later!

Kathi

brenda lynn mwe
09-09-2009, 05:49 PM
hello
I loved your story I do all my shopping in guy mode all the time and I like the shoes and the pick of you girl your hot

Kristy 56
09-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Sounds like a great day shopping! Nothing beats having the GG's treating you like one of the girls. Thanks for sharing.

sherri52
09-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Kathi at size 0 you would make most women fell like a cow, and we are all jealous of your size. I loved the green shoes.

kellycan27
09-09-2009, 07:41 PM
I never cross dress to go shopping:rofl: However...... I do love the shoes and the outfit! very pretty.

Sara Jessica
09-09-2009, 08:01 PM
She (Sara) is one lady that I know I must shop with someday. :)

Kathi

(pulled quote above from a recent different thread)...

No, Kathi is one lady I know I must shop with someday!!!

Honestly, shopping in guy mode like you did is so much easier as you have done it, where they know you from before, whether having disclosed who you are or if they've seen you as a woman. It takes away the potential "creepy" factor and the SA's will have your back if someone opens their mouth in a negative way.

Rachel Morley
09-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi Kathi,

It is odd that I find myself more self-conscious when trying on clothes as a guy than when I'm dressed as a woman. I've done it plenty of times before, but mostly at stores like Ross and the like - where it's almost self-serve anyway. Here, I just found it funny that I, a guy, was more comfortable when dressed as a woman in this environment.

Interesting comment. When I'm trying on women's clothes in a busy mainstream mall I'd much rather be en femme than in boy mode! I'm much to self conscious to go dress shopping in boy mode with women all around as seemed to be the case on your shopping trip. I take my hat off to you! You have oodles of confidence! :)

A great story and I very much enjoyed reading about your adventure .... and yes looking at your photo album, you certainly are a skinny little thing! :hugs:

Sally2005
09-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Now that's a different experience. Great story. Its funny how much fear we have and in the end many other people actually think what we do is cool!

steftoday
09-09-2009, 09:02 PM
I love this story!!! you rock Kathi!!!

"Mary"
09-09-2009, 09:33 PM
That is a new twist on a shopping After Acton Report. You do have a nice shape. Your clothes always fit so well and you have one of the best eye/taste for assembling outfits of all the folks posting here.

Thanks for sharing.

PretzelGirl
09-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Darn! I have to take the kids to soccer practice. More later!

You are a tease! :heehee:

JenniferZ2009
09-09-2009, 10:48 PM
So far I always shop in "guy" mode. I just quit caring what others think. I however do not try anything on at the store. I have pretty much figured out my sizes and if it doesn't fit I return it.

When I start going out fully girl then I probably will start trying things on.

Kathi Lake
09-09-2009, 11:03 PM
OK, back from soccer and Wednesday evening service and all the other fun stuff of being a mom (my wife is on yet another trip, so I get to be mom). What an afternoon! Carpet-measuring at 1:00. Get the kids from school at 4:00. Do my daughter's hair and makeup for ballet tryouts for the local production of The Nutcracker at 5:00, soccer practice for the younger two at 5:30, church at 6:30 until 8:15, come home and clean the kitchen, listen to my daughter read and get her ready for bed, make lunches and here I am! Phew! I can't wait for my wife to get back so we can do the usual "Divide and conquer" method of child stuff.

As an aside, tonight at church I was able to see the group of women that help on Wednesday nights that have taken me into their little circle (the story is here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107989)). One of them brought a new friend tonight who had the cutest little pair of kitten heels, which I complimented her on. We started talking, and the subject turned to weight loss. The new girl said that she had recently lost weight enough that her sister had commented on it. I knew she had a new baby and said, "Let me guess, you're breast feeding." She looked shocked and said "OK, you know about women's shoes and breast feeding." Another girl piped up and said, "Oh, take it from me, he's one of the girls!" We laughed, and I glowed. I take it as a high compliment, and I think they know that.

Aaaaaanywayyyy, back to the story;

The SA noticed that I was wearing a guys' polo and said "I pulled this cute sweater. I think it'll be darling with your shoes and these pants." I thanked her and went back to the changing room. It was a small, and a little tight, but it would look better than my polo. I left the changing area and went to alterations. I waited my turn and climbed up onto the pedestal as the other lady climbed down. She waited there a moment, watching me, smiled, shook her head and said "Wow." I hope it was a good wow. :)

The seamstress asked what I wanted to be done with the pants. I told her that they obviously needed to be lengthened. She turned up a cuff and said that she could do that and asked me if I would normally be wearing heels this height with the pants. I told her that I had two pairs in mind - my 4" BCBGs and the pair I was wearing now. I said to hem them so they were within a half inch of the floor with my new shoes, and when I wore my higher heels, I would just have to show a little more shoe. She smiled and said that sounded good, obviously knowing that I knew what I was talking about. She asked me to pull my shirt up a bit to check the fit on the waist. She said we needed to take the hips in a bit to remove the bagginess, but that the waist was fine, if a little loose. She marked them up and said they would be ready next Wednesday. I went back to the dressing room to change. It was kind of surreal clicking my way back to the dressing room dressed as a guy. Like I said earlier, I don't know why I felt more self-conscious. Maybe because It was a lot harder to blend as from the waist up, I was definitely a guy. On the way back, I met a member of the Greatest Generation. She looked at me and said "Are those women's pants?" I said that yes ma'am, they were. "Why are you wearing women's pants and shoes?" she asked. Thinking quickly, I smiled and said, "Because I make them look good!" and sashayed back to my dressing room, putting a little extra wiggle in my walk. She kind of harrumphed and muttered something under her breath. :)

I took off the pants and brought them to the register, pausing by a rack of black cardigans by the register. I laughed, telling the SA that I already have so much black, but can't help it because I love it. She agreed and took a step back showing her outfit - a cute black skirt, black hose, black shoes, a wide black belt and a white shirt. She said she loved White House/Black Market and I gushed that it was one of my faves as well. I made sure as she was ringing me up to do what I always do when a SA treats me with the respect we all deserve - sincerely thank them for their attitude. She looked surprised at first, but then I guess she remembered that I was a guy buying women's clothes. She said that it was no problem. I asked her how many other guys she has helped. She said one. A guy bought some girl's jeans. She said he was cute and really looked good in them, but quickly added "not as good as you would, but still pretty good." Nice save! :)

Well, that was my morning! I still prefer shopping as a woman, but now know that as long as I keep my attitude and confidence, shopping as a guy can be done.

Kathi

JiveTurkeyOnRye
09-09-2009, 11:26 PM
. On the way back, I met a member of the Greatest Generation. She looked at me and said "Are those women's pants?" I said that yes ma'am, they were. "Why are you wearing women's pants and shoes?" she asked. Thinking quickly, I smiled and said, "Because I make them look good!" and sashayed back to my dressing room, putting a little extra wiggle in my walk. She kind of harrumphed and muttered something under her breath. :)

I love situations like this sometimes. I'd had to deal with them more as I begin to openly dress as a man in women's clothes, like last weekend I was walking around in the outfit from my avatar, and a girl said "Hey, why are you wearing a skirt?" and I just went "Seemed like a nice day for it, sun's out, light breeze."

Kathi Lake
09-09-2009, 11:56 PM
I never cross dress to go shopping:rofl: However...... I do love the shoes and the outfit! very pretty.You don't have to anymore, dear one! With the boobs and the hair and the shape and the face and the . . . :)

Dear Miss Kathi,

I love these stories because they are so vivid and entertaining, but also because of the technical content. For someone like me, who is just learning, this is invaluable info.And here all this time I thought I was adding all this extraneous detail just to practice my typing with long nails. :)

Seriously Jane, I am so glad that I can help someone else out. We were all beginners once. We all thought that blue eyeshadow actually looked pretty at one time in our lives. :)

Honestly, shopping in guy mode like you did is so much easier as you have done it, where they know you from before, whether having disclosed who you are or if they've seen you as a woman. It takes away the potential "creepy" factor and the SA's will have your back if someone opens their mouth in a negative way.That's another reason I felt a bit self-conscious. As I cruised around the departments, I couldn't find any SAs at Nordstrom that had helped me last time when I came in dressed. Part of me wanted to bag it. Luckily, that part of me is easily distracted by shiny things. :)

When I'm trying on women's clothes in a busy mainstream mall I'd much rather be en femme than in boy mode! I'm much to self conscious to go dress shopping in boy mode with women all around as seemed to be the case on your shopping trip. I take my hat off to you! You have oodles of confidence!So true! Like I said, it must be the "blending" thing with me. As a girl, I know I blend - not enough to "catch a guy's heart" - but enough that I rarely get second glances (a great place to be, if you ask me). Thanks for the "confidence" kudo. You want some? It too can be yours! Just send $29.95 to the address on your screen!

Or, you can not worry what the world thinks, get out there and have fun!

Now that's a different experience. Great story. Its funny how much fear we have and in the end many other people actually think what we do is cool!It's also hard to know which people will think it's cool vs. the "Greatest Generation" lady who probably wrote me off as a child-stealing pervert. Like Kim found out, things like that can knock you down - no matter how much confidence you have. Yes, it cuts deeper when it is someone close to you, but it still cuts.

That is a new twist on a shopping After Action Report. You do have a nice shape. Your clothes always fit so well and you have one of the best eye/taste for assembling outfits of all the folks posting here.

Thanks for sharing.Thank you Mary! I do have to disagree though. My vote for fashionistas would have to be the lovely Sara Jessica, the stunning JoAnn, the awe-inspiring Jillian, and the always beautiful Kimberly.

Kathi

Miranda09
09-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks for sharing this shopping adventrue Kathi. It's always fun to hear about your interactions with SA's and other customers. You handle these situations so well, yet never really taking yourself too seriously. Love those grey shoes btw...very nice. :)

Kathi Lake
09-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Thanks for sharing this shopping adventrue Kathi. It's always fun to hear about your interactions with SA's and other customers. You handle these situations so well, yet never really taking yourself too seriously. Love those grey shoes btw...very nice. :)What's to take seriously? I know I'm a goofball, but honestly have a lot of fun with it. Yesterday as I was pushing and riding the shopping cart through Home Depot and out the door to my car, a guy just looked at me and shook his head. He was probably thinking, "Grow up, ya freak!" Heck, if I haven't made any progress in that area in 46 years, why should I start now? :)

Kathi

Miranda09
09-10-2009, 12:22 AM
What's to take seriously? I know I'm a goofball, but honestly have a lot of fun with it. Yesterday as I was pushing and riding the shopping cart through Home Depot and out the door to my car, a guy just looked at me and shook his head. He was probably thinking, "Grow up, ya freak!" Heck, if I haven't made any progress in that area in 46 years, why should I start now? :)

Kathi

Hey, who wants to grow up...what fun is there in that!!!! :hugs:

Kara Connor
09-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Kathi, you are an inspiration. I was indeed inspired to call in to Kohls on my way home to see if I could find a grey pencil skirt to go with a purple top I got at the weekend. I found one I quite liked, but wasn't sure if the nearby changing rooms were for GGs only (they weren't marked) so I chickened out. Anyone know what Kohls policy is? I will attempt to muster up courage another day this week. I freely admit I am way less brave than Kathi!

On a brighter note I found a branch of Wax On Spa near where I live which does full body male waxing. My wife has indicated that she is fine with me getting waxed, so I am going to do it.

Philipa Jane
09-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Hi Kathy
Thanks for telling the story so well.
I have my own mental sound to you voice as I read.
Have to admit to being captivated by the story and could even picture in the store.
PJ

Kathi Lake
09-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Anyone know what Kohls policy is? I will attempt to muster up courage another day this week. . . .

On a brighter note I found a branch of Wax On Spa near where I live which does full body male waxing. My wife has indicated that she is fine with me getting waxed, so I am going to do it.I have read posts from many others here who have gone to Kohl's numerous times with no issues whatsoever. I believe that you will be fine. By the way, that purple top and gray pencil skirt sounds really cute! Can't wait to see pics!

Hi Kathy
Thanks for telling the story so well.
I have my own mental sound to your voice as I read.
Have to admit to being captivated by the story and could even picture in the store.
PJI'm glad that you can picture what is going on. That's one of the reasons I like reading so much - with my scarily vivid imagination, it's almost like having a movie screen in my head as I read. Now if only that guy in front of me would stop making out with his girlfriend. :)

I also hope that your mental voice in your head for me sounds a bit more feminine than the James Earl Jones/Howdy Doody hybrid that my normal voice is! :)

Kathi

Sammy777
09-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Sounds like you have a great time and picked up some nice new items. I like the shoes, pointys are not my style, but still very nice.

The SA returned and asked how I was doing. She asked me how the fit was, -
I said, and she agreed, that I think I needed the 0.

Size 0, Size 0? You are a skinny biatch :lol2: and yes I hate you :tongueout j/k!

Yesterday as I was pushing and riding the shopping cart through Home Depot and out the door to my car

I still do the same thing, home depot, food shopping, where ever, lol.
Let'em look, it's fun! :D

Kathi Lake
09-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Sounds like you have a great time and picked up some nice new items. I like the shoes, pointys are not my style, but still very nice.

Size 0, Size 0? You are a skinny biatch :lol2: and yes I hate you :tongueout j/k!

I still do the same thing, home depot, food shopping, where ever, lol.
Let'em look, it's fun! :DI don't like the shoes where the toe point is about a foot in front of your toes, but I do like 'em pointy! I have never liked the almond-toe, and can tolerate a square-toe if the rest of the shoe is cute.

By all means, dogpile on the skinny twit! There she is!! Get her!!

:)

Kathi

VeronicaMoonlit
09-10-2009, 03:31 PM

You both are ladies I know I must shop with someday!!!

:-)

Honestly, shopping in guy mode like you did is so much easier as you have done it, where they know you from before, whether having disclosed who you are or if they've seen you as a woman. It takes away the potential "creepy" factor and the SA's will have your back if someone opens their mouth in a negative way.

:iagree:

I have this to say about your new shoes, Kathi...Pretty!

By all means, dogpile on the skinny twit! There she is!! Get her!!

Release the hounds on the size 0 skinny @#$#$ To your pitchforks and torches!

Veronica Rogers

Kathi Lake
09-10-2009, 07:42 PM
OK then, it's settled! Sara, Veronica, myself, and anyone else that wants to tag along. Shopping trip! Now all we have to do is figure out the where and when. Trivial details, to be sure. :)

Kathi

Tora
09-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Kathi, Great Story. I generally shop underdressed, with shoes, slip, veronica and forms in a shopping bag. I have too much of a challenge with wig and make-up getting in the way. Several shops and even a Macy's with a private dressing room in Lingerie. Got carried away last week, purchased three pairs of shoes in a day. A skort and short shorts. SA's are very friendly and helpful, with a bit of common respect. I have not had the close interaction with other ladies, like you. BRAVO! Macy's, Penneys, Dress Barn, Tall Girl, even Dotts.

Sammy777
09-10-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't like the shoes where the toe point is about a foot in front of your toes, but I do like 'em pointy! I have never liked the almond-toe, and can tolerate a square-toe if the rest of the shoe is cute.

By all means, dogpile on the skinny twit! There she is!! Get her!! :) Kathi

I do happen to favor the rounded toe because I think they just look cute, and the look of a smaller foot always helps to. :heehee:

Your standard pointed stilettos are nice, but your right, some of those super long pointy shoes are just to much, lol.

A round toe and 3" heels under flared jeans/pants really makes a size 10 foot disappear. Yes I'm the same size shoe as you, lol.

I do have a great pair of Tommy Hilfiger squared off toe black leather knee hi boots, ya the rest of the boot makes up for the square toe, I love them. lol.

Carrie R
09-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Size 0? Sheesh!

At least I have size 8 feet. :D

Kathi Lake
09-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Size 0? Sheesh!

At least I have size 8 feet. :DI wish I had size 8 feet! My wife has so many cute shoes - Talbots, SW and much much more. I would love to be able to expand my shoe wardrobe without spending too much.

I guess we all want what we don't have, eh?

Kathi

Kathi Lake
09-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Kathi- Great finale...You had me laughing with your comment to the seamstress! (and nice link to your "girls group"... love that 'metroboy'!). Also, all the typing in your nails is for practice...frickin funny!

I have size 8 feet (and you're right, it saves wearing sweet wife's shoes!), but love your attitude -- great humor in your posts... not to mention the great tips and insights! :)
SaraThanks Sara!

I wasn't kidding about the nails. I've been growing them out and shaping/buffing them (picture of a representative sample below). The other day, I went into Ulta and Jen saw my nails, said that they were cute, but that something was missing, and wanted to try polishes on me as OPI has some cute new ones. I bought one that looks like it has, well, holographic sparklies is the best way to describe it. Of course, I couldn't find any polish remover wipes in my car, so had to drive home that way and clench my fists until I could get to the polish remover. Sigh. I love long nails, but I have Reserves tomorrow, so even though I am my unit's "Designated Girl" I will be cutting them tonight.

As for the humor, there is enough seriousness in the world. Why add to it. Sometimes something I say will catch someone off-guard. I will just say the words "98 percent." When they ask what that means, I say "98 percent of what I say is pure BS. You decide if what I said was the 98 percent part or the 2 percent part." :)

Kathi

brmacea
09-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Kathi,
Love your posts, funny and real. I'm sure I speak for everyone here - Keep them coming.
PS You also look great.

Kathi Lake
09-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Kathi,
Love your posts, funny and real. I'm sure I speak for everyone here - Keep them coming.
PS You also look great.Thanks!

I will try to keep the posts coming. Of course, that means I'll need to do more shopping. Oh darn the luck! :)

I have to pick up my new pants next week. Might as well go pretty and do some shopping while I'm out. There's some new things I wanted to try on at White House/Black Market anyway.

Kathi

Metoo
09-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Great story and I luv the outfit...:)

allin
09-11-2009, 06:35 PM
I was wondering how you and others could be so brave. I asked in another forum and one person said, "just do it'. So, i went out today and was resolved to, Just do it". Went into a mega shoe store and asked where were the ladies slippers. The female clerk pointed and off I went. I looked around and didn't see anything i liked. Then, I started to just roam around he women's section of the store. I stopped several times, sat down and tried on some lovely shoes. Patrons walked by me and said, "Excuse me." as they brushed by as if they had sen many men trying on ladies shoes. I found nothing. And smiled thinking how lovely it was to shop. I next went to a department store in the mall. Same thing. I was totally ignored in the shoe department, the lingerie department, where i bought three pair of panties, and the skirt, blouses and dresses department. What A fool I was to think that othetr shoppers were wondering what Ii was doing. I had often wondered why females were so fussy about what thwey bought. Not anymore. Something came over me. It has to be me or I don't buy. OI'm looking forward to tomorrow. I'll shop until I drop and , by God, I'll come home with some delightful items.

Kathi Lake
09-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Allin,

Good! For! You!!

See, it's not that hard. OK, it is hard, but just at first until you discover that people really don't care. I'm very happy for you.

Kathi

joann426
09-11-2009, 07:14 PM
thats right kathy i do it all the time when i go shopping by my self i love it too:D

Sammy777
09-12-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I'll shop until I drop and , by God, I'll come home with some delightful items.

Ahhhhh, Another baby bird leaves the nest and learns to spread their wings....... How fast they grow up :D

Have fun Allin, its all easy from here, until you get the bill at the end of the month. :lol:

Kathi Lake
09-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Kathi- I think you need side or back zipper on those pants :)
Living vicariously through you, ha!...
SaraSara, I've seen pants with a side-zipper (kind of like some skirts), but I have never seen pants with a zipper in the back. Just thinking about it puzzles me. Why? :)

Ahhhhh, Another baby bird leaves the nest and learns to spread their wings....... How fast they grow up :DYay indeed. We all need to get out there - boy or girl-mode - and show the world that we are simply normal people with great taste in clothes.

Kathi

suit
09-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Sara, I've seen pants with a side-zipper (kind of like some skirts), but I have never seen pants with a zipper in the back. Just thinking about it puzzles me. Why?

ummmmm it makes for a veiw of perfetly flawless tummy smooth and curvie ,

Kara Connor
09-13-2009, 02:29 AM
OK Kathi, you inspired me and I decided to shop for a denim pencil skirt whilst I was out in drab mode. Well, I'm always in drab when I'm out because I haven't plucked up the courage to go out en femme. Maybe that will come next (anyone got any good ideas for Seattle area?). Anyway, I strolled into a womens clothing store which was pretty empty, and looked arounf until I located a dark blue denim pencil skirt with rear vent. The SA came over to me and asked if I needed any help, so as casually as I could, which probably wasn't very casually since I was sh**ing myself :), I asked if it would be possible for me to try on the skirt in size 16. She looked a little surprised but quickly recovered and said it would be no problem. Then she led me to the changing rooms at the back of the store. I tried on the skirt, and this sounds strange, but I felt silly and wrong wearing a skirt dressed in otherwise male clothes. I know some people are fine with that, but I didn't feel right to me and immediately wished I was dressed en femme. The size 16 was too big (yay, my diet is working) and just then the SA knocked on the door and asked if I needed any help. I asked if she could bring me the same thing in a 14 and she did. That fit nicely, and I felt a sense of relief that I would be taking something home that I actually knew would fit me. Then, and for some reason this was the best bit, she asked if I would like to try the same size on in black denim. I thanked her, tried it but ended up choosing the blue. The whole experience was a weird mixture of total exhileration and terror. I was also attempting to be very matter of fact and "not creepy" but my adrenaline level was sky-high :)

This weekend my wife was saying that she loved how I was so much more happy since our talk about how I had decided to just accept that I was a CD. I guess I am CD/TG because it's not just about the clothes, but more about expressing my feminine side, and hey, I feel just fine being TG. I have been keeping in mind what some of the GGs on this list have said, and trying not to "go mad" but I did want to try the new skirt on. Since both kids were at sleepovers and our neighbours are away it seemed like a good time. My wife had no objections so I got to spend the next two hours dresses in open-toed heels, pink toe nails (which I have had all week), a blue denim pencil skirt, and a purple mock-layer V-neck top, plus my long dark wig. We watched TV together and just chatted. I mentioned that I had found a place nearby which did total male body hair waxing, and would she be OK if I got that done. She said she was fine with that but warned me it would hurt. That will be my next adventure, plus I'd like to get my ears pierced. Once I am hairless I will consider where I should go out.

Kathi Lake
09-13-2009, 06:29 PM
OK Kathi, you inspired me and I decided to shop for a denim pencil skirt whilst I was out in drab mode. Kara,

I didn't think it was the tale of my shopping in boy-mode that inspired you to go out and do it. I thought it was the triple-dog dare ya' that provided the inspiration. :)

I'm so glad that you were able to go out and be who you wanted to be and not let fear and embarrassment get in your way. If your wife is as cool with it as she seems, then by all means, pierce your ears. That would be soooo much fun, and I would love to do it, but my wife's not quite at that point yet. Sigh.

Last night we had a little chat. I asked her to please stop letting me know - in a negative way - about my weight. I had Reserves this weekend. Yesterday was so busy with lots of flying, lots of bombs, and few people to do it with. As a result, I didn't get to eat breakfast or lunch (I came in at 0500 and left at 1600). When she found out that I didn't eat anything all day, she accused me of trying to lose weight again. "You're already a size 0! What are you going for - 00!?"

I have tried to reassure her that I am not trying to lose weight in order to be more feminine - and I'm not! I think she feels bad because she recently had to go from an 8 to a 10 in some skirts. Poor thing. I guess it must feel bad as a woman to have a husband that you feel is prettier than you. I'm not, of course. She's gorgeous! But try telling her that when she sees size 0 and 2 girl clothes in "his" closet and size 8 and 10 in hers.

Sorry for venting, but ummmm, you know. :sad:

Kathi

wetleggings
09-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Kathi,

Is that really a picture of you under the pictures of the shoes you bought? If so, you do look really good as a woman. I would have no chance of looking female at all. You actually look quite attractive.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
09-13-2009, 08:31 PM
I have tried to reassure her that I am not trying to lose weight in order to be more feminine - and I'm not! I think she feels bad because she recently had to go from an 8 to a 10 in some skirts. Poor thing. I guess it must feel bad as a woman to have a husband that you feel is prettier than you. I'm not, of course. She's gorgeous! But try telling her that when she sees size 0 and 2 girl clothes in "his" closet and size 8 and 10 in hers.

I honestly prefer a girl closer to 8 and 10 than 0 and 2. Women who are around 0 and 2 are usually so skinny they have none of the fun womanly curves and just look like skinny men.

Kathi Lake
09-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Kathi,

Is that really a picture of you under the pictures of the shoes you bought? If so, you do look really good as a woman. I would have no chance of looking female at all. You actually look quite attractive.No. It is a picture of a Talbots model. I am not nearly as easy on the eyes (in fact, I'm kind of a two-bagger!). :) Here is what I look like: Album (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1197), "Sexy (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106438)" poses, and Casual (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110764) pictures.

I honestly prefer a girl closer to 8 and 10 than 0 and 2. Women who are around 0 and 2 are usually so skinny they have none of the fun womanly curves and just look like skinny men.I agree wholeheartedly! I'm a guy. I like curves!! :) Other than my boobs, I don't really have that many curves. I have a tiny waist, which gives the illusion of curves, and that's fine for me. Here's an example of probably my most "curvy" shot:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87634&d=1241217275

Not much, I'll admit, but then again, I'm not trying to win a beauty contest - I'm just trying to be the best person I can be.

Kathi

kellycan27
09-15-2009, 09:20 PM
I wish I had size 8 feet! My wife has so many cute shoes - Talbots, SW and much much more. I would love to be able to expand my shoe wardrobe without spending too much.

I guess we all want what we don't have, eh?

Kathi

I am not a size 0, (size 5), but I do wear a size 8 shoe :tongueout

kellycan27
09-15-2009, 09:22 PM
I honestly prefer a girl closer to 8 and 10 than 0 and 2. Women who are around 0 and 2 are usually so skinny they have none of the fun womanly curves and just look like skinny men.

I beg your pardon! :heehee:

Kathi Lake
09-15-2009, 11:16 PM
I am not a size 0, (size 5), but I do wear a size 8 shoe :tongueoutYes, you are a tiny, adorable little thing! I'll bet that you fill out that size 5 wonderfully! I only look curvy in the shot above due to smoke and mirrors - pose, lighting, etc.

As for the quote from JiveTurkey, I have to call the Universal Answer - it depends. I have seen some very curvy stick-girls. They're small, 0 and 00, but perfectly-proportioned little dynamos! Every woman is different. You look wonderful in your size 5's because you have curves where you should. I can fit into size 0 skirts and pants because I don't have curves. Like I tell my wife when she feels bad seeing me zip into something of hers, "You fit your clothes, I fit inside your clothes."

Kathi

kellycan27
09-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Yes, you are a tiny, adorable little thing! I'll bet that you fill out that size 5 wonderfully! I only look curvy in the shot above due to smoke and mirrors - pose, lighting, etc.

As for the quote from JiveTurkey, I have to call the Universal Answer - it depends. I have seen some very curvy stick-girls. They're small, 0 and 00, but perfectly-proportioned little dynamos! Every woman is different. You look wonderful in your size 5's because you have curves where you should. I can fit into size 0 skirts and pants because I don't have curves. Like I tell my wife when she feels bad seeing me zip into something of hers, "You fit your clothes, I fit inside your clothes."

Kathi

I was just bustin his shoelaces:heehee: Don't sell yourself short.. you look great! 9+ on hot or not I am thinkin.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
09-15-2009, 11:39 PM
I beg your pardon! :heehee:

Hey, now, I *did* say I preferred closer to 8 than 0, and wouldn't 5 be closer to 8 than zero?
:daydreaming:

Kathi Lake
09-15-2009, 11:41 PM
I was just bustin his shoelaces:heehee: Don't sell yourself short.. you look great! 9+ on hot or not I am thinkin.So far, yes. I am still at a 9 - without, I might add, showing my boobs (which are nonexistent anyway :)). Side note: I've gotten a few creepy e-mails from a couple of girls who think I'm incredibly hot and want me to join them and their boyfriends. Ewwwww!

Hey, now, I *did* say I preferred closet to 8 than 0, and wouldn't 5 be closer to 8 than zero?
:daydreaming:Ummmmmm, I dunno. (They told me that math wouldn't be required!). Let me take my top off and count. :)

Kathi

kellycan27
09-15-2009, 11:49 PM
So far, yes. I am still at a 9 - without, I might add, showing my boobs (which are nonexistent anyway :)). Side note: I've gotten a few creepy e-mails from a couple of girls who think I'm incredibly hot and want me to join them and their boyfriends. Ewwwww!

Ummmmmm, I dunno. (They told me that math wouldn't be required!). Let me take my top off and count. :)

Kathi

What are ya countin hun? i didn't give the option of people contacting me on Hot or Not. And now I am glad I didn't.

Kathi Lake
09-15-2009, 11:51 PM
What are ya countin hun?Well, since my boobs are in their boxes upstairs (restin' - the little darlings!), I'm counting the only thing I can - nipples!

Kathi

kellycan27
09-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Hey, now, I *did* say I preferred closet to 8 than 0, and wouldn't 5 be closer to 8 than zero?
:daydreaming:

Ok JTOR.. I'll give ya that.

kellycan27
09-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Well, since my boobs are in their boxes upstairs (restin' - the little darlings!), I'm counting the only thing I can - nipples!

Kathi

So when you're wearing em.. you have 4..... LOL Outdone again!

Kathi Lake
09-17-2009, 04:12 PM
So when you're wearing em.. you have 4..... LOL Outdone again!Oh, I don't know about "outdone." Mine are removable, yours only are with a bit of major surgery. :)

Sorry, with your body and your face and your full-time girliness, you totally win!

Kathi