PDA

View Full Version : Okay, Maybe People Do Notice

Joni Marie Cruz
09-10-2009, 08:48 AM
I know that whenever a thread comes up about having shaved legs out in public when you're in boymode I always say, "Oh, no one even notices." Well, I guess sometimes they do. Yesterday I was out and about en drabbe and wearing a pair of denim girl-shorts with about a 3" inseam and a t-shirt (gotta take advantage of the nice weather around here when you can) and had to stop to gas up the car.

For some reason the pump wouldn't scan my card, so I had to go inside to pay for it. As I was approaching the doors, a woman was heading out, so I courteously held the door open for her. She gives me a smile and says, "Well, thank you, legs." Made my day.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Kimmy55
09-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Had as similar instance like that last Monday.I got up early end dressed in denim short/shorts,padded panties,B forms and T-Shirt and left to go do my laundry.There was a young girl there who was doing hers also.I usually start the loads and then go sit in the truck and listen to the radio while they do their stuff.Every time I went back inside she would look and smile but say nothing.As I was finishing up and loading it back into the truck I happen to turn around and she was taking pictures of me with her cell phone camera.God only knows where those pictures will end up!

Rachel Morley
09-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Shorts with a 3" in seam? ....maybe it wasn't the shaved legs bit, more like the legs themselves. Certainly around these parts, every guy I see always has shorts at lengths on or below the knee .... sometimes not "just below" either but further down. To go the other way at a 3" in seam would definitely stand out as noticeable for a guy.

My point is, IMHO I think the comment in your first sentence "Oh, no one even notices" regarding your legs being shaved might still stand. :)

JiveTurkeyOnRye
09-10-2009, 09:37 AM
so, the point of your post is that people notice things that you're blatantly showing off?:tongueout

I'm sure people notice mine are shaved too though, I just think it's a larger leap than most people assume for them to go from "oh that guy has shaved legs" to "I bet he's a crossdresser." Though, that leap has probably gotten shorter since I started wearing skirts in public.

Joni Marie Cruz
09-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Umm, well yeah, I was being blatant. My life, my clothes, my choice. But it was nice that it was a compliment. And I do agree, and still believe, that most of the time people don't notice at all, but if they do and ignore it, that's just fine.

Hugs...Joni Mari

CrossKimmy
09-10-2009, 11:07 AM
well yeah!

when you're wearing daisy dukes then someone is bound to notice

:daydreaming:

Miranda09
09-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Compliments are always nice, especially coming unexpectedly. Hey, why not show off your legs...they're great! :)

Teri Jean
09-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Yesterday I was in Minneapolis for my therapy session and before going to the session I stopped into a wig shop and purchased a full lace wig. Anyway the sg was so helpful and curtious so when we finished she seemed to want to chat. She asked about the type of work I did and small talk but tbefore I left she said that it was nice to see a gall with matching nails and lipstick. You can bet I melted right then. She then gave me her card and said to call if I needed her help. You can bet I will be sure to keep her in the rolodex.

Teri

jenna_woods
09-10-2009, 01:25 PM
yes I have a lot say how good I look or nice legs and love that outfit, it sure makes us girls feel great

richinfemme
09-10-2009, 03:55 PM
I shave and moisturize my legs every morning. I wear mens cargo shorts, with a 6" inseam, every day. I hate the shorts that are in style that are down to your knees, or even go past them! I long for the day that the style for mens shorts go back to the way they were in the 70's - 80's when the inseams were 1 to 3 inches.:daydreaming:

sissystephanie
09-10-2009, 04:24 PM
I am 77 and have had shaved legs for so long I can't remember when I started. I do wear "Daisy Duke" short shorts, with a 3 inch inseam all summer long, if I am not wearing a short skirt! I do get compliments on my legs from ladies in the salon where I get my manicures and pedicures. But in general, people don't notice, even though I am usually wearing open toe sandals showing off my bright painted toe nails along with those very short shorts!!:heehee:

My legs and my bosom (natural 40 B's) are O.K., it's the rest of me that needs fixing!!:D

Rebecca Jayne
09-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I have always received comments about my leg from women for years. They always say the same thing; "Nice looking drumsticks" which I interpret as good to munch on. The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach.

Melinda G
09-10-2009, 10:31 PM
The short answer is that more people than you think may notice, but just not say anything.

Andreaxxoo
09-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Women in general will notice others with shaved legs... always!

TJ Tresa
09-12-2009, 01:06 AM
Well, as I have said before, as a genreal rule Men don't notice other men's legs, womenon the otherhand almost always look at legs of men and women. with that said I would add that it had more to do with the shorts than the legs, buit then again I don't know you might have a real nice pair of legs.

marny
09-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Have been shaving my legs and painting my toes for 6 years, men notice occassionaly. Woman always do!!!

dragdoll
09-12-2009, 02:30 AM
she was taking pictures of me with her cell phone camera.God only knows where those pictures will end up!

uh...isn't that illegal now?

dragdoll
09-12-2009, 02:35 AM
oh and to the OP, i wear shorts that go to my knees (usually girl pants cut off), with shaved legs, i still feel like people notice but its no big deal.

Wrenchette
09-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Compliments are always nice, especially coming unexpectedly. Hey, why not show off your legs...they're great! :)

Exactly!!

Most bicyclists I know (read: tolerate as long as they stay outta my way! ;) ) shave their legs, so it's not just a cd thing.