PDA

View Full Version : at-home Work Efficiently?

Cathytg
09-10-2009, 10:47 AM
I have learned an odd thing about myself over the years. I am usually free to dress all day at home if I wish. However, I have found that my productivity with whatever I am doing goes way down. I seem not to get as much done when dressed.

Have you noticed the same thing?

I wonder why that should be. :daydreaming:

Jessicafreed
09-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I have learned an odd thing about myself over the years. I am usually free to dress all day at home if I wish. However, I have found that my productivity with whatever I am doing goes way down. I seem not to get as much done when dressed.

I am the same way. After I get dressed up I don't feel like doing anything other then walking around admiring myself. Feel the swish of my skirt and the click of my heels. I guess because I don't do it very often it is a new experience everytime I do.

However my motto is "Why do today what can be put off until tomorrow." Works for me when I dress.

donnatracey
09-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Though I don't work for a living at home I do find when I dress up around the house, my "efficiency" drops dramatically! Housework, paperwork, yardwork, etc seems to take a lot longer to get done...now why is that?...:heehee:

Yes, walking around, looking at mirrors, addressing my makeup, coming to this site....it's little wonder.....:daydreaming:

Good thing I don't work at home or I'd be in BIG trouble .........:D

mklinden2010
09-10-2009, 01:22 PM
About the only time I waste is trying to figure out what to wear for a task - male or female clothes.

Seriously, some things get done better and faster wearing "work clothes" and the best work clothes are the ones that allow you absolute freedom of movement and which you don't care if they get dirty, ripped, or, torn. Guess which ones I care LESS about?

For tasks that are clothing neutral, I'm just the same either way when it comes to productivity, although the "fun factor" can obviously vary.

I may not be the norm here. Either way I dress it's secondary to what I need to do and once I get set, there's no wasting time looking at myself or "feeling pretty."

It's like this, would a GG get dressed and sit around admiring herself? No. They dress for effect and get on with their plans.

Unless, of course, they're nine years old - or, just act like it.

AKAMichelle
09-10-2009, 03:39 PM

I spent a whole year dressed almost 24/7. At first it did affect my work, but after awhile it became like wearing any other clothes.

SherriePall
09-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Sometimes when I don't dress for a while, my productivity goes down around the house because I sort of mope around wishing I could dress, but either the task or the circumstances won't allow it.
Actually, when I do dress for a couple of hours, I tend to get quite a bit done (with some mirror breaks).

Kathy_G
09-10-2009, 05:20 PM
I spend a lot of time on my PC, responding to emails and being 'consulted' by people from across the world who share my enthusiasm for collecting the things I collect (I won't go into what that might be, innocent though it is).

I spend most mornings from perhaps 7.00 am to 10.00 am at my desk, in a skirt with pantihose and heels and think nothing of it. I love dressing that way, but tradition decrees that I have change into a shirt and male pants before the mailman calls; or before the day really comes alive with somebody likely to ring the doorbell. Oh, how I wish I could stay that way all day.

But, does it decrease my 'efficiency'? Not in the least. The work is done, regardless of how I'm dressed. I love the sight of my knees clad in nylon, and it seems so natural to dress this way that I forget I'm wearing them. I get lost in what I'm doing, and it makes little difference whether I'm wearing a skirt or pants.

I have read many postings where the person can't concentrate when wearing a skirt. They get carried away by the eroticism of it. I have also read postings where the person seems to get so much more done, the feminine clothing somehow spurring them onwards. In my case I get on with it, no matter which gender clothing I'm in. But I have occasionally been caught short by the doorbell going ding-dong when I'm still sitting here in a skirt. Momentary panic until I haul these things off and don a pair of pants.

Oh, to be 'strong' enough to answer the door no matter what I'm wearing. Sadly, I am still too far back in the closet for that to happen.

Tina Marie
09-10-2009, 05:33 PM
If I am cleaning house or doing inside home chores, I lose time dressing. But when I do get dressed, I get more done and that makes up for the time lost. This might sound funny, but I enjoy doing house work when enfem.

Sally2005
09-10-2009, 08:34 PM
The decrease only comes if the CDing is a diversion and also if you are worried about being discovered. For example, when not dressed, I might go to the mailbox, take a quick trip to the store for supplies or answer the door for the UPS guy... when CDing I avoid these things. Secondly, it can take a long time to get dressed, so unless you wake up early, its going to suck up some of your time and force you to make it up some other day. There is a small rush when you are dressed and your co-workers have no idea. There is a productivity increase related to the stress release from CDing (once dressed and working effeciency is normal or better)...I mean if the stress becomes too great, it is pretty hard to get anything done.