PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about wearing male clothes?

Ruth
09-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Most of us here spend some time dressed as men.
Since I started spending considerable regular time as Ruth, I have found I have a new perspective on my clothing. When I get dressed en homme, as you might say, I am now more aware of actually putting on a costume and assuming a role.
It's not unpleasant - I don't dislike my man time - but I am aware of a separation between the essential me and the person I become when I'm presenting as a man.
Something similar happens when I'm en femme, but I'd say the separation is less, and it feels less of an assumed role.
So CDing has heightened my awareness of the function of clothing, and very much reminded me that gender roles are very much social - probably more social than sexual.
Any thoughts?

JulieC
09-10-2009, 04:55 PM
I find male clothes to be boring, perfunctory appearance layers. I try to get motivated about looking good in male clothes, and find it's very hard. It's just not interesting. I walk into the men's dress shoe section and oh my! what selection! I can choose brown, or black! Woohoo! What's new in men's fashion? Suits! The same suits they've been selling for >100 years. BORING.

I don't mind wearing male clothes. It's just not interesting to me.

Mandy Burgundy
09-10-2009, 05:05 PM
I don't mind long as its fashionable. I like designer jeans, shirts with sublte artsy graphics (not Ed (try)Hardy or affliction). There are some interesting mens shoes out there. And then top it off with a nice pendant. Some times even men's rings, bracelets and watch. I try to stand out a little, but keep it as subtle as possible. Over the top just isnt seen right unless your a rockstar. But en homme will never be as elaborate as en femme mode. Thats when we can all go crazy and layer everything from the toes up.

Kathi Lake
09-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Agreed. From the colors to the fabrics to the designs, women's clothes are so beautiful. Men's clothes are just coverings. Women's clothes are as much a work of art as their bodies are. Sigh.

</jealousy>

Kathi

Nicole Erin
09-10-2009, 05:27 PM
I hate wearing men's clothes to the point that if something is women's but "boyish" like those stupid "boyfriend" tops that are in style, I won't even touch it.

Wearing a men's suit? Well, I won't post the profanity to describe how I feel about that, thank goodness it isn't but once a year or less that I have to wear one.

Side note - I hate "dressing nice", I even hate skirts pretty much, too dressy.
LEsser of the evils is wearing a skirt instead of a "men's suit".
Gyod I don't even like typing those two words. :Angry3:

so that is how *I* feel.

tricia_uktv
09-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi Ruth. The trouble is that for now my life is definately split between male and female although mind is merging. If I'm out as a male I do my best and vica-versa but I'm not unhappy dressing as a man. I think of it as ... would I play cricket wearing wearing a football kit? So its horses for courses but who knows what is around the corner? That certainly makes things fun.

SweetCaroline
09-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I have to wear a shirt and tie for work and I hate it, but if I wore a shirt and tie en femme I think I could like it. When not working, I usually wear Hawaiian shirts--some very colorful--because they remind me of ladies blouses. I suppose, ultimately, it's not really about the clothes, but the means of expression, and the typical limited male "uniform" doesn't cut it for me.

jenna_woods
09-10-2009, 06:16 PM
I find male cloths borring and very disinteresting, I miss my prety things wen female mode

DanaLynn57
09-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Male clothing is what I have to wear in an every day mode...Female is what I love and want to wear when ever possible...But its just not the clothing anymore...For me its being comfortable in what I feel good wearing...My mind is more and more moving towards a female than ever before...When Im in a dept store I hardly ever shop the male clothes...Im hanging around the ladies dept. looking for something on sale...and so much to choose from...Styles and colors...Mens clothing is very boring and dull and I dont understand why society has decided that you have to wear very dull clothing to be a man...Maybe more color, some of us might where some male clothing as if it were female...NOT...hehe...Nothing like a silky blouse and a nice skirt and a pair of heels and silky hose that accent your legs to look so good...and you get a second look when you walk down the street...I want to feel what that is like and maybe soon I will...besides experiencing it only in my mind....

DanaLynn

Angie G
09-10-2009, 08:04 PM
I adore dressing as a woman and could completely do with out guy clothind If only the would world let me.:hugs:
Angie

Rebecca Jayne
09-10-2009, 10:12 PM
When I mowing the yard, cleaning the pond filters, landscaping, home construction, house painting, stirring a mulch pile, get the idea, there is nothing better than man clothes.

Housework, cooking, cleaning, lounging, well woman's clothes suit me fine, of course.

michellebesweet
09-10-2009, 10:28 PM
When I am dressing in my male clothes every morning, I hate it. I think it would be wonderful if I could just put on my red dress and red high heels and go into the office, but I know I can't, I hate that. I feel my male clothes suck, they are ugly, even when I get compliments on my male suits, I still hate it.

I hate shopping for male clothes worst. When ever I am shopping I pay more attention to the womans clothing sales or what is being displayed in the womans department. I love just walking through and checking out the sales, and walking through the bra and panty section, I feel so much more Fem when I am shopping. When looking for male clothes, I just buy what ever fits, I am not looking at styles or colors. I am more interested in increasing my female wardrobe then my male one. Pretty soon, I will have more female clothes then male ones. As is, I have about 5 pair of mens shoes, and about 20 pair of womens shoes, we have got to have our accessories, hehe. I love my heels and all my female shoes.

Female Clothes - Great
Male Clothes - Suck

Jamie001
09-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Caroline,

Have you considered not wearing the necktie in male mode? A recent survey stated that only 5 percent of the working population wears neckties. It is becoming a thing of the past. I hate neckties because they are FORCED upon men just because they are male. It is extremely discriminatory. If women were forced to always wear skirts they would never do it. Males should get the courage to ditch the tie and just say that it is discriminatory and that they don't want to wear it. I simply do not approve of what the necktie stands for/symbolizes.

Jamie :2c:

I have to wear a shirt and tie for work and I hate it, but if I wore a shirt and tie en femme I think I could like it. When not working, I usually wear Hawaiian shirts--some very colorful--because they remind me of ladies blouses. I suppose, ultimately, it's not really about the clothes, but the means of expression, and the typical limited male "uniform" doesn't cut it for me.

ArleneRaquel
09-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Mens clothes what are they ? I am down to three pairs of mens underwear. 3 pairs of socks, 2 work/casual paints, 3 - 4 shirts:love:

TJ Tresa
09-11-2009, 12:22 AM
I perfer to wear women's clothing and would 24/7 if it wern't so taboo around here. I am more comfortale in women's cloting even with the biunding of a bra, or girddle, or control top pantyhose, whatever. But to answer your questioin -- no I don't feel anything like that I am me no matter waht clothes I am wearing. I just don't let eveyone know about Tresa, for a varity of reasons.

Ballerina
09-11-2009, 12:59 AM
I just don't care about my male clothing. It's just on me, like some sort of rag or something. Don't fully hate it, but don't fully like it. It just sort of... is..

Sammy777
09-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Agreed. From the colors to the fabrics to the designs, women's clothes are so beautiful. Men's clothes are just coverings.
Women's clothes are as much a work of art as their bodies are. Sigh. </jealousy> Kathi

I would have to agree, but as far as fabric and colors/patterns go.
You gotta give it up for the Hawaiian shirt.

Yes "Aloha" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_shirt) or "Hawaiian" shirts -
Helping men wear bright pastel colors and flowers in public for over 60 years. :D

When not working, I usually wear Hawaiian shirts--some very colorful--because they remind me of ladies blouses.

Aloha! Nice to see a fellow admirer of Hawaiian Shirts. :D

Kathi Lake
09-11-2009, 01:11 AM
I would have to agree, but as far as fabric and colors/patterns go, you gotta give it up for the Hawaiian shirt.I don't know about the beauty of a Hawaiian shirt. I mean, some of these things just about burn your retinas out simply by looking at them. Yow! :)

Kathi

Sammy777
09-11-2009, 01:34 AM
How do you feel about wearing male clothes?

To answer the OP's question -
I do it as little as possible.
I do like wearing his clothes......... when working / getting dirty.
Why muss my wardrobe when he has all these clothes laying around doing nothing, :lol2:

About the only articles of his clothing I still wear pretty much at all are T-shirts, Hawaiian shirts, oh and some socks.

All my jeans/pants, underwear, shoes/sneakers, belts, jewelery, most socks and some tops are mine and have been since Dec 08.
And I haven't gotten so much as a peep for doing it either. :D

Sammy777
09-11-2009, 01:38 AM
I don't know about the beauty of a Hawaiian shirt. I mean, some of these things just about burn your retinas out simply by looking at them. Yow! :)

Kathi

:lol: Sure, some of them should come with nuclear testing googles to hand out, but they are probably some of the most "girly" looking shirts a guy can wear without getting a "what the F' are you wearing?!?" response. :)

noeleena
09-11-2009, 06:03 AM
Hi..
Male clothes .. oh them . dont have any . we gave them away . sorry guys . it.s all women.s clothes .dont mind my army boots other than overalls all female even doing my building work . & cabinat making .
...noeleena...

Wen4cd
09-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Most crossdressers probably start out looking odd in girl clothes, then get better through experience and practice. It becomes a bit of a skill.

In considering gender, some will eventually see the androgynous 'both' nature of humanity, and realize that 'neither' also applies. (As in: we are both boy and girl, as much as we are neither boy nor girl.)

This means that we are always, as Ruth put it, 'putting on a costume and assuming a role' in either 'mode,' even if it's just for ourselves. As good as some of us get in this illusionary practice, it follows that we should be able to present both ways with better skill than most.

When I say 'illusionary,' I also mean both ways. Even dressing the 'role' of your anatomical sex, you are still creating a persona, as much as you are when dressing contrary to it. I'd say this is empowering, as we should have better understanding of presentation and be able to use it situationally.

JoAnne Wheeler
09-11-2009, 08:07 AM
I just plain hate men's clothing - period.

JoAnne Wheeler

StaceyJane
09-11-2009, 08:30 AM
My male clothes are just my regular clothes. I don't hate them. They just aren't special. I wear my girl clothes to express myself or to feel feminine.

Angel.Marie76
09-11-2009, 10:24 AM

Caroline,

Have you considered not wearing the necktie in male mode? A recent survey stated that only 5 percent of the working population wears neckties. It is becoming a thing of the past. I hate neckties because they are FORCED upon men just because they are male. It is extremely discriminatory. If women were forced to always wear skirts they would never do it. Males should get the courage to ditch the tie and just say that it is discriminatory and that they don't want to wear it. I simply do not approve of what the necktie stands for/symbolizes.

Well, I fit the shirt and tie category for my current place of employment, and it is a dress-code requirement of being a male in this place. We have 'dress down' days every so often, and in those moments males are allowed to ditch the shirt and tie in lieu of dockers and a polo shirt or something.. any day though JEANS are a no-no for men and women. As for fighting the dress code, especially in a conformist recession-riddled society as we have most places nowadays, it is not worth being fired for non-compliance. Believe me, my company has already been taken to court for a few wrongful termination suits that I know of, and they have never lost to my knowledge - they have some money to burn and good lawyers to spend it on.

But, I digress (after deleting a rant I just typed as I realize it strayed WAY off topic), for me, wearing male clothes right now, really, is a part-time requirement. I'm not out (to everyone) at work, my son is not yet completely accepting, and my GF is taking this all one day at a time. The parents and friends know and the rest of the world is learning slowly. As I move from one layer of my interaction with the world to another, I have to shift back and forth from female to male, and it is, frankly, quite tiring and frustrating. The more friends and colleagues I meet who are TG/TS or anyone while I'm out en femme, the more painful (and complicated) it becomes to separate these layers. Being here with the male costume on, it is almost depressive. The more sadness I feel being forced to present as a man day to day, the more it enforces my woman within to shine brighter whenever she can.

As for the monkey suits as Nicole Erin mentioned, I concur, so far it's only once a year, but I'll tell you that the brightness of my shirts and ties at those events is increasing each time. I glow from the INSIDE baby, whenever I can. :-)

Mens clothes what are they ? I am down to three pairs of mens underwear. 3 pairs of socks, 2 work/casual paints, 3 - 4 shirts

I hear you there hun, one small drawer of T-shirts, and a small section of the hanging area for ties, shirts, and pants. I think I have maybe two pairs of jeans right now too because my GF is picky enough to tell when I've girl's jeans on. Goodness she's particular about what's left of her 'man-time'. I just try to grin and bear through it.

Sylvermane
09-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm with the ladies who say men's clothing is boring. Regardless of wether you are a CD'er or TG or whatever variation. Our clothes are boring, we have few to no options. A t-shirt is a t-shirt, I don't care what kind of neckline it has, jeans are jeans. Shoes... well regardless of style it's all the same, switch between flats / heels... that alone can change you're entire outlook along with how you feel. Female clothing is so varied you can go completely different ways without a second thought depending on size of current wardrobe.

Oddly enough, in my case anyway having spent more and more time (roomate has been very busy so is rarely home) dressed it has come down to comfort. Not comfort based on being myself but plain physical comfort. Practical or not if there was a way I'd be wearing a skirt / dress full time. I've come to hate pants in particular. Mostly drab & guy in a skirt mode but I feel better in every way. My male clothes for all intents and purposes are collecting dust and I feel great.

Karren H
09-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Caroline,

Okkkk. But nothing look nicer than a pale teal dress shirt and a dark pink tie with a dark blue business suit! Just ask all the women I work with.. They love my atire... And I don't have to dress up.. I choose to dress up.. My boss doesn't wear a tie... and even though I'm not as pretty as when I'm enfemme... I take pride I'm my looks no mather which gender's clothing I wear.. Ohhh and I'm more than fine wearing male clothing...

Hey.... I'll burn my neckties if you burn your bras?? Except my Steelers neckties. Or my Penguine teckties.... Ohh the pink one either. Hahahaha. :).

KarenSusan
09-11-2009, 12:10 PM
I only wear male clothing when I have to. I would love to wear skirts and dresses all the time.

Lorileah
09-11-2009, 12:13 PM
So for the last 5 years I have subtly been rebelling against male clothes? I realized a few months ago that if it isn't a nice polo (that I KNEW was sort of androgynous) that I had way too many Hawaiian shirts. I thought it was because I am messy and they hide stains.

Because local ordinances require that I wear something and only about 20% of my clients know I dress, I have to wear male clothes. But since I lost 15 pounds, my polos look pretty good when I am in male mode, so...I don't really mind. Now if only tight pants would come back so I could show off my butt...

I miss the 70's when men's clothing WAS colorful and bright. I have a "corporate" uniform of a navy sport coat, white shirt and red tie. I look at it from time to time and opt out for something with a little more flair and individuality.

I'll bet Karren gets the evil eye from the men who fall in lockstep in the office. (where the heck you been Karren???)

Girls go crazy about a sharp dressed man

Teri Jean
09-11-2009, 12:24 PM
As I start my transition the first of Oct I will be dressing 24-7 and living as a female. Having said that I would have to say that wearing men's clothing would only be for cleaning out the hog barn................. wait....... I don't have a hog barn or any barns.
LOL No thank you as I've done that for sixty years and now I don't have to.

Huggs Teri

JulieC
09-11-2009, 12:34 PM
I only wear male clothing when I have to. I would love to wear skirts and dresses all the time.

So would I. If I were a woman, unless circumstances demanded other attire, I would wear skirts or dresses all the time.

I tell my wife that, and she reminds me (with love and laughter) of the time I had to use a pay phone to call her and let her know I was an hour from home, and was safe and sound. It was a BITTERLY cold night, temps in the -5 to 0 F range. There was a wind too, up around 15-20.

So, there I was standing at an outdoor payphone with the handset nearly freezing to my hand, and the wind whipping up my skirt while I'm <shiver> trying <clackety teeth> to tell <omg it's cold!> my wife <I'm dying, I know I'm dying> I'm ok.

Gerard
09-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Since coming to accept that I'm a crossdresser for life and that it's an expression of my female side, I've also started to enjoy nice clothes as a male more. I do tend to make somewhat different choices then I did before, I'm no longer trying to avoid being seen as a sissy or gay. I know that if I wear male clothes I like, I'll be more in tune with myself and more confident and people will perceive me that way.

Tasha McIntyre
09-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Men's clothing is just so nothing!!!!

I find male clothes to be boring, perfunctory appearance layers. I try to get motivated about looking good in male clothes, and find it's very hard. It's just not interesting. I walk into the men's dress shoe section and oh my! what selection! I can choose brown, or black! Woohoo!

:yt:

I adore dressing as a woman and could completely do with out guy clothing. If only the would world let me. Angie

:iagree: If only ........ :daydreaming:

Cheers

Tash :)

juliemshaw
09-11-2009, 01:19 PM
I find male clothes very drab. Just look at a gala or premier night - the men are all in black while the women are in every color of the rainbow. And if a guy DID try something different, it would be denounced. Silks and satins and lace and frills - THAT is the way to go. My "girly" time is limited now, so I relish every moment I have to flounce my femininity.

dennisGTS
09-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Like everyone else said, I find male clothes are boring. :thumbsdn: I love the vast variety women have with their clothing. I love the sensual, soft, colorful fabrics womens clothes come in. :thumbsup: Besides the different colors and patterns you can get with mens clothes, it's actually all the same styles; not very exciting. :straightface:

If I could, (or should I say, could get away with it) I'd wear womens clothes 24/7! :daydreaming: But alas, back on Earth, I have to accept the fact that I cannot; I have to wear male clothes in public not only because my wife would probably hate me for it but my Military career could be at stake if someone caught me all dress up in womens clothes. I can't take the risk of hurting my marriage and/or career.

Alana Beaumont
09-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Well, I'm still living as a man and only "letting out Alana" once a week or so, however, I am soooooo bored with men's clothes. They're so drab and plain.

Nicole Brown
09-11-2009, 02:05 PM
I wear male clothing when I have to, but only when I have to. I work form home when not traveling, so I usually get some time each day to dress as Nicole. On most days, when I venture out of the house it is en fem, why put on that other person's clothing when I can wear a pretty dress or a cute skirt or blouse.

Recently I find that I am spending a majority of the money that is spent on clothing for new dresses, skirts an heels. If I buy a pair of jeans, I have spent a lot on male clothing.

I enjoy being Nicole much more than being my male self. If it were possible I would be living full time as Nicole and dressing in the clothing I so greatly adore.

Nicole

sherri52
09-11-2009, 02:06 PM
In a single word [(confined)]. Female clothes are less restrictive in how I do things. I do not have to act macho wearing them. If I feel the tendency to have watery eyes< I don't have to hide them. The choices of the clothes are staggering where mens clothing is boring. This is brobably why most of us have more femme clothes than male.

Karren H
09-11-2009, 03:32 PM
In a single word [(confined)]. Female clothes are less restrictive in how I do things. I do not have to act macho wearing them. If I feel the tendency to have watery eyes< I don't have to hide them. The choices of the clothes are staggering where mens clothing is boring. This is brobably why most of us have more femme clothes than male.

My corsett and girdle would disagree with that first statement... as would my tight knit tops and tight leather skirt. (The pvc girls can jump in any time and help out here?). I've seen women in jeans so restrictive that their eye bulged out... And guys wearing pants so baggy that all you see is their underware... I could go on and on.........

carhill2mn
09-11-2009, 03:54 PM
I wear male clothes for two reasons: 1) when it is what is expected of me; 2) utilitarian. I wear women's clothes at all other times.

JulieC
09-11-2009, 05:06 PM
My corsett and girdle would disagree with that first statement... as would my tight knit tops and tight leather skirt. (The pvc girls can jump in any time and help out here?). I've seen women in jeans so restrictive that their eye bulged out... And guys wearing pants so baggy that all you see is their underware... I could go on and on.........

...and then there's hockey pads. :D

Jackiesexycd
09-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Some of my men's clothing is actually from the women's department because it seems to be getting harder to find men's clothing that shows some skin. I seem to no longer be able to find men's tank tops or men's shorts that don't come down your knees. I know that they used to make them because I have some, but the recent ones that I have bought were from the women's department.

Tora
09-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Coat and Tie have been replaced with business casual. Sometime the button down shirt and slacks, with shine shoes, hides what is underdressed. Inspire by Karyn, I spent three days this week with panties and 18 inch full slip. Two days with pantyhose added, under. Yup the male stuff is Blah!

Suzy Harrison
09-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Wearing male clothes ? - It's not going to happen ever again

crusadergirl
09-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Am i the only one that likes wearing male clothes. Not all male clothing are boring like many keep saying. I enjoy both styles of clothes no matter if male or female clothing.

Andreaxxoo
09-11-2009, 11:11 PM
I don't like wearing male clothes!!! :( Boo...

ashcrimson
09-11-2009, 11:17 PM
I feel like im wearing sandpaper

Cheshire Gummi
09-11-2009, 11:18 PM
I am wearing man-clothes right now. I do not feel like less of a woman. I'm not vexed by them, I'm just not as physically comfortable. Nothing beats a nice skirt on my lower half during a cool evening like this one. I just don't have one at the moment. So I'll just roll up the legs on my sweats and pretend.

Additionally, lime green isn't a flattering color. If anything, that's bugging me far more than being without any pretty black skirts. I just have nothing else to wear, really. No other t-shirts, except this one right here.

So why do I have a lime-green t-shirt in the first place if I hate it so much? Well...

My Mother - "Oh, [me], it's a good color for you!"

Me - "I look like I should be squirted into a cocktail."

My Mother - "Yellow's a good color for you, too, actually..."

Just imagine that looping forever.

trannie T
09-12-2009, 12:46 AM
I spend 95% of the time dressed like most of the women I know, jeans and a T shirt. I often wear women's jeans and panties underneath but get no thrill from that. Once or twice a month I go out enfemme and have a great time.

BunnieCashmere
09-12-2009, 01:33 AM
I find male clothes to be boring, perfunctory appearance layers. I try to get motivated about looking good in male clothes, and find it's very hard. It's just not interesting. I walk into the men's dress shoe section and oh my! what selection! I can choose brown, or black! Woohoo! What's new in men's fashion? Suits! The same suits they've been selling for >100 years. BORING.

I don't mind wearing male clothes. It's just not interesting to me.

I hear ya. I'm incredibly bored by wearing male clothing. I try my best to look good in them, but it's hard to look good in a t-shirt. *laughs*

dragdoll
09-12-2009, 01:36 AM
sometimes i hate it but there are plenty of male clothes that are unisex. ie levis 510/511 skinny jeans, vintage fit t-shirts, vans slimbos. i just wear a size or two smaller and it feels more fem.

itsonlyme
09-12-2009, 02:06 AM
well i guess like most people i have to wear male clothes most of the time so i just try to forget about how the clothes look and feel even though most of my male stuff is boring and plain and underwear feels so heavy so now most of theh time i wear my knickers even under my male clothing ( a happy medium ) getting home is the best time to be a girl again :D

Rianna Humble
11-07-2009, 06:05 AM
well i guess like most people i have to wear male clothes most of the time so i just try to forget about how the clothes look and feel even though most of my male stuff is boring and plain and underwear feels so heavy so now most of theh time i wear my knickers even under my male clothing ( a happy medium ) getting home is the best time to be a girl again :D

This kind of says it for me.

I have to be en drab around where I live partly because it would kill my dad if he found out and partly because I am a "pillar of the community" (sic) and dressing would cause problems for others towards whom I am well disposed, but I still manage to wear my frilly knickers and sometimes my corset and/or a necklace (hidden).

I also have to wear drab at work 4 days a week and I cannot fully dress on the other 3.

I pushed the boat out yesterday, though and my only concession to drab was a pair of jeans (it was quite chilly when I left the house just before 7 am and I couldn't wear tights as I was going for pedicure). I even took those off in the train coming home leaving on my skirt and undies, But I can't risk that in daylight :-(

charlen
11-07-2009, 06:22 AM
men cloths are so boring uuuugh.:sad:

Toni_Lynn
11-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I don't mind as it is a necessary evil. So, since I have a fantasy of being an FTM CDer, I get into that state of mind. That said, I wouldn't wear men's undies though, unless the rest of me is totally femme -- to do a totally gender mix-up!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

azcdinhose
11-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Obviously I prefer to dress as a woman. I luv the feel of the softer and sheer materials, the styles, being able to wear makeup and accessorize my outfit. Nothing feels so natural and comfortable as wearing a skirt, pantyhose and pumps. That being said when dressing in drab I always try and look sharp, well dressed and groomed. I am by far the best dressed male at my office. I think it translates from the female inside of me. Most attractive women who dress well add to their already beautiful looks by doing so. The same can be said for drab.

Cheryl T
11-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Male clothing is an "unfortunate neccesity".
My work requires a uniform and due to interactions with friends and family other attire is a part of my wardrobe.
Luckily, my spouse is very understanding and when I come home at night I can change into my clothing and relax.

Today for example I showered and shaved my legs, put on my panties and pantyhose, jeans, a green tee shirt and my femme sneakers and off we went. First the bank, then shopping, then a little housework and tonight off to the movies.

Now I'm in my PJ's, bra and forms and will drift off to sleep peaceful and content. In the morning I'll surf a bit, dress and do some housework and enjoy another day expressing my femme side before I am forced to don those bland, ill fitting clothes that work requires.

I don't hate male clothes...but I sure could live without them....:D

sometimes_miss
11-08-2009, 12:08 AM
When I'm dressed as a guy, there's always the subtle underlying feeling that I'm in the wrong outfit. Kind of like if you were wearing a bathing suit to a formal affair type of thing; you're not naked, but you're not comfortable either. Of course, a little booze can rectify that situation.

Kinky with Ink
11-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Yeah I wear a uniform 4-5 days a week so I don't have much choice in that department. I do hate though when I go shopping for new guy clothes, there's never anything good on the racks. It's as if they expect guys to wear super baggy pants, shirts that fit you like a pillowcase with the holes poked out, and the colors....bleh. We get black, blue, and white in cotton, cotton, and polyester/cotton.

Women on the other hand get countless different fabrics, a collage of colors, tons of different cuts, fits, and styles. Guy clothes are definately just there to cover up while women's are meant to excentuate the female body and shape. No fair! :BS:

If I'm going out though and need to be in guy mode then nothing quite beats a pair of board shorts, nice thong sandals, and a stylish t shirt. Most comfortable guy combo ever! Though I am kind of a beach bum so my "style" might not be everybody's cup of tea so to say.

SuzanneBender
11-08-2009, 01:35 AM
Men's clothes yuck! I don't think I own a shirt anymore in a traditional mans color. Real men wear pink and a variety of other colors that you only find in the 64 box of crayons!

I balance my drab wardrobe with my shoes. I have several pair of cute unisex shoes that make me feel grounded at least.

gemsay32
11-08-2009, 09:43 AM
I've never felt comfortable in mens OR womans clothes. I prefer neutral clothing (non-gender?). I'm a small guy and this whole "macho" thing feels all wrong. No matter how hard I try, I'm not macho. I'm not female/femme either. I don't want to look bad though. Don't want to look like I just came out of high school! I would like to be able to fit into a professional environment. I'm still looking for the perfect pants and shirt to fit my personality. I'm still looking, but I have images in my head of what I want. I suspect I'll find it in due time. It's just a matter of doing it. Unlike many of you CDer's, or woman for that matter, I spend very little time pondering what clothes to wear or shopping for them. For me it's all about finding what's right for me, but if I have to wear something that doesn't feel right, oh well. I'm really not as serious about it as I might sound. Most of the time I wear t-shirts and jeans. Very sloppy. I really want something better, but I've never cared enough to change it.

I'd have to say that I get good vibes from metro-sexual and sports-like clothing. Light, free, neutral.

Mistress Frillee
11-08-2009, 11:33 AM
I only wear guy clothes when I have to. Like at work. At home, I wear womens clothes. I really love the different fabrics, colors, and styles!

silentone
11-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Sometimes I think I'm utterly random. I think male clothes are quality, I really like turning out in a nice shirt and trousers, polished shoes, or a polo or sleeveless, with a baggy pair of jeans. At the same time, I think female clothes are awesome too =/

jenna_woods
11-08-2009, 06:53 PM
yes I agree with you, wen I get dressed as male it takes me 4 minuties to dress and to dress as female it takes me a hour , every thing has to be just right.

Kinky with Ink
11-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Lol dressing in guy mode takes an hour for me. I takey time to make sure my outfit is perfect and routinely change it 3-4 times before I decide on something. Not to mention the showering followed by all the skin care products. After all that is styling my hair. Unless I'm going somewhere in expectation of getting dirty it always takes me forever to get ready. Your SO will appreciate it I'm sure if you spent just as much time on your guy mode appearance as your en femme appearance (that is of course if they know.)

Sherrii
11-08-2009, 08:28 PM
I am on reduced work hours, work 3 days a week, unemployment pickes up the two other days, love it. Seems almost retired, which I am looking forward to in not too many years. Buy anyway, back to dressing. I can dress female almost 50 % of the time I think. Now that cooler weather is here I can wear bras and small forms most of the time, I wear womans jeans when I need to go out, and tops too, with maybe a jacket or flanel shirt on top. I am sort of "under dressed" but it is more than that, and I am loving it. I spend most of my time at home dressed to some extent, especially in the evening, and sleep with something most of the time. Either a bra, panties, nighty, or some combination of them.

Sherrii

5150 Girl
11-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Male cloths are a necacary evil most of the time. If i had a genni in a bottle the first of my 3 wishes would be to be a real girl, so I'd never have to wear guy things again!

Bikini Babe Claire
11-09-2009, 12:35 AM
I Hate male clothes there soooo BORING:swear:

erickka
11-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Boring, scratchy, uncomfortable. Give me girl clothes of any type any day!

shypaula
11-09-2009, 07:38 AM
I only have a few mens clothes left. When I'm at work and at home I wear slacks and shirts that are passable as mens. I have only been asked about the buttons being on the wrong side once. I feel awkward when I have to wear my mens jeans.

Christina Horton
11-09-2009, 11:10 AM
YECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Angry3: :Angry3: :Angry3: :Angry3: :Angry3: :Angry3: :Angry3: :Angry3: :Angry3: :Angry3: I Hate wearing male clothes. I wish I could just dress Em-Fem all the time but Oh well.

abigailf
11-09-2009, 12:57 PM
For me anyway. I dress to express the girl that I am. I always feel like me no matter what I wear. I always try to wear something feminine, and for those times I need to dress like a boy, I will wear girls things underneath or in non-obvious places (like a pink bow to tie my ponytail back).

Vickii*
11-09-2009, 01:04 PM
I have no problem with male clothes. I love being a dude. Jeans are comfortable. I have a collection of T-shirts, baseball caps, sunglasses, and jewellery I wear when I'm male.

My style in influenced by Criss Angel. Rocker, rapper, military, and androgynous styles. All together.

suchacutie
11-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Tina loves her clothes and heels! (no one has mentioned the heel issue! I must admit I'd love wearing heels all the time!) Tina's learned a lot about clothes and dressing and style....soooooo

In masculine mode, there's no reason to look like a dump, or a bland person! Ok, so men's clothes have narrower possiblities, but that's not NO possibilities. And what's not to like wearing a lovely satin pantie under that 3-piece suit with a purple shirt and a real hot tie! And dressing down...tight jeans and a hot polo shirt...just because the jeans are size 8, so what :).

When en femme the possibilities are endless, but when en homme it's just a bigger challenge, and one that's easier to meet with all the knowledge Tina has amassed :)

Tina

Michaella
11-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Actually, I rather like wearing ties. It's an opportunity for a male to wear floral patterns, silk and satin fabrics, and a wide range of colours. I buy ties for a dollar or so at thrift shops, looking for ones that are different and expressive, and some of them are really quite feminine in many ways.

Michaella

MissyW
11-09-2009, 02:39 PM
I agree, women's clothes are more appealing. i do my best with men's clothes.

Jamie001
11-09-2009, 05:35 PM
There is one and only one reason that I HATE TIES and that is because males are forced to wear them. I will never wear one for that reason. I believe that all men should stop wearing them instead of allowing themselves to be controlled by their employer. Just tell them you are not going to wear a tie, period. Have you ever been to a Verizon Store or an Enterprise Rental Car Store? All of the males are wearing white shirts and ties and all of the women in the same and higher positions can wear whatever they want. This is the problem.

:2c: Jamie

Actually, I rather like wearing ties. It's an opportunity for a male to wear floral patterns, silk and satin fabrics, and a wide range of colours. I buy ties for a dollar or so at thrift shops, looking for ones that are different and expressive, and some of them are really quite feminine in many ways.

Michaella

sissystephanie
11-09-2009, 05:52 PM
In my business I deal primarily with Senior citizens! Since they are usually not as accepting a others, I wear a shirt and tie along with a suit or slacks and a sport coat. I really don't mind, since I know that when my work day is over, I can slip into something totally feminine!!:)

I also rarely wear feminine things around my family! That is, things they can see!:) My underwear is almost always very feminine! All my family does now know about me, but they have all said they would rather not see me dressed! I hope that changes sometime soon!

BTW, as someone else remarked, I do not like female clothing like "boy shorts" or "boyfriend shirts or jackets!" I wish to wear real feminine clothing, not a takeoff of men's clothing! Yes, Karren, I do wear jeans, but no man would ever wear jeans that look, and fit, like mine!! They are definitely made for a female!!:D

Marcie R.
11-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Many of the members have posted the exact feeling that I have. I can not get excited shopping for mens clothing. Let me roam through the womens departments and I see all kinds of items I would love to have. The clothing for women have wonderful styles and colours. On the other hand mens clothing really has'nt changed much in several decades. I love the beautiful designs of womens clothing and wish I could spend 24/7 dressed in these wonderful fashions
Love Marcie R.

P.S. Where are all the Canadian CD's? I very seldom see them commenting on these interesting posts.:love:

Samantha43
11-09-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't dislike men's clothes. They're not as much fun as womens clothes, but they're much more comfortable. I wear men's clothes 95% of the time, and prefer it that way. It's what makes the time I have for women's clothes so special. I get the best of both worlds. I can dress in pretty skirts, tops and heels or I can be a slob in jeans, sneakers and a hoodie. :D