PDA

View Full Version : entered a purge mood to start again

Anita
07-19-2005, 05:27 PM
dont know what started this Maybe stopping smoking I don't know But got the urge to get rid of all my gear etc and become just a male. So tomorrow I will decide whether to take all my girlie gear to the tip and become another getting near retirement male and stopkidding myself i am anything but an old crossdresser who should call it a day :confused:

Deborah
07-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Or take all your stuff to a storage facility, or maybe the attic, basement?
At least until you've thought about it for awhile. Never know you may want the stuff back later on.

Tristen Cox
07-19-2005, 05:30 PM
I think you should think about that alot more. You know what's going to happen Anita. Face it you love the clothes. DO NOT THROW ANYTHING AWAY!

Now stop being silly. Go rest and see how you feel tomorrow. ;)

Anita
07-19-2005, 05:34 PM
thanks Tristen you may be right but we will see Cheers hun

Wendy me
07-19-2005, 05:43 PM
girlfreind older cders are like fine wine...(47 myselfe)..call it a day or call it a night call it what ever and when ever you like ...just don't purge ...read my therad my faild purge ...http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6964
save them things away trust me ....

Sherlyn
07-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Anita !!!!!!! I dont post much in your threads but god g/f its just a thing we all go thru....its been written in posts several times this purge nightmare we all go thru...and always we hear how we wished we hadn,t LISTEN to TRISTEN :) :hugs:

ladyjim
07-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Dont do anything youll regret honey- keep them for when youll feel better.

Love

ladyjim

Billijo49504
07-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Heck, I'm 58 and waiting to retire, so I can dress more often. Now I have to dress like a factory rat 5 days a week. So do as everyone says, put the stuff in storage. When you take it out later, it will be just like getting new clothes.

ladyjim
07-19-2005, 05:58 PM
if you save em for later, maybe itll make you feel like youre doin it for the first time all over again?

Sigrid
07-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Ooooh no you don't! You just put thoughts right out of your mind, little missy. I've seen your pic's... and you look pretty damn happy when dressed. The only possible outcome is that you'd end up purging everything, leaving the forum only to show up three days later posting in the Depression Forum pining for all your stuff and wondering "What the hell was I thinking???".

On the bright side, you'd get a new wardrobe out of it and we'd get a new pic's. :rolleyes:

Julie
07-19-2005, 06:12 PM
As Harry Enfield would say:- OI! ANITA NO
Sleep on it Anita and nothing hasty, you no purging isn't the way and doesn't work.

Julie

StephanieCD
07-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Anita - sweets - old crossdressers don't call it a day... they stop giving a f#*k and do what makes them happy.

We've all been there - we all know you have bunches of stuff, too. You'll hate yourself if you change your mind.

Here is my serious suggestion... if you're frustrated or whatever... rent a small storage garage. But EVERYTHING in it. Pay the bill for one month. That gives you 30 days to think it over. After 30 with nothing... either pay the bill for another 30 days or go get your stuff. That way - you can have a $25 bill for the right to think it over. You'll still be "rid" of your things - but without it being permanent. AND as added incentive if that what you want to call it - if you don't pay the bill they keep your stuff!

Think about it - really. We've all done it and regretted it - and you have an envied collection. It's just stuff but - think it through.

katheverson
07-19-2005, 06:21 PM
Don't do it!!

Khriss
07-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Dear anita,
I've seen so many of Your pic's and I just wanted to tell You, that I like Your Style! You put outfits together in a very classy way. You have a great sense of color too,allways a balance I think, but willing to experiment too.
In posts You can be self depricating, (me too) but I always found Your sense of humor (smile) refreshing. I like to see (admire) how You put Your "look" together in every picture You post!
I'm wondering if this kind of reasurance(gratitude realy) should have come much sooner, or from those better than the likes of me,
-not sure what else to say- 'cept Thank You,,,,

"I think Your clothes are beautiful,,, because of Who's in them!"
I vote,, save em' at least till later??
Respectfully
Khriss xxox

Toyah
07-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Dont do it hun I have done this like many others and really regret losing that special little outfit or a fave accessory, hang in there, there is lots of support for you.

Vivian Best
07-19-2005, 06:50 PM
I think all of the girls have said "don't purge"! I hate to think about how much it has cost me to purge and almost immediately get the desire to have them back. Many have recommended putting your things away in some fashion and I agree with them. If in ten years you still feel like you want to get rid of your things, then do it.

Vivian :cry:

GypsyKaren
07-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Sounds to me all you need is a cigarette. Seriously, I'm an old tg myself waiting to retire, really looking forward to it. If you're like the rest of us you've purged before and know it's a waste, so don't even bother. You are what you are, so relax and enjoy it, and do light up.

GypsyKaren

StephanieCD
07-19-2005, 06:54 PM
You didn't just encourage someone who's quitting smoking to light up, did you?

:hiding:
(only asking because quitting was my bigest personal conquest and I still want one every day, three years later!)

Jesse69
07-19-2005, 07:34 PM
I feel like quitting at times too. But I have so many nice clothes that it would be terrible to purge. So if I quit crossdressing I'll keep my clothes to give to a wife or girlfriend. Or I'll just store the clothes away in the garage not to be used. Some clothes I might sell on ebay.

I've purged twice and then had gone back to crossdressing again. Sometimes I wish I had never given away some of the beautiful stuff I once had. Its hard finding the stuff again in thrift shops but I have found two formerly purged dresses that way.

If I quit I won't purge, because if quitting doesn't solve my problems then why quit? I would only quit if God would bless me with wealth, friends, and a beautiful wife.

Tristen Cox
07-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Believe me - tomorrow when she wakes up, drops the penny and see's what she posted here, and the bottle left on the kitchen counter ;) it will be all good again :D

Deanna2
07-19-2005, 08:42 PM
The only upside of purging is that next week/month (whenever) after you have realised your terrible mistake, you get to buy a whole set of new femme gear and start rebuilding your wardrobe.

Fionax
07-20-2005, 01:02 AM
Anita all that has been said is truly wise. Think again. You are like a drunk with a blinding hang over saying 'Never again' and are going through a period of self revulsion which will go in a week or so and your regrets will haunt you forever.

Collect everything together and store it somewhere safe..and WAIT..you are what you are and just binning some gear is not going to change the basic person. Like everybody else I've been through it and I guess that I can give you a few years to catch up, but ditching kit does not change what you are. Dressing is part of your psyche and purging is pointless: you are make a gesture like King Canute trying to stop the sea coming in...you know like him that it does n't work.

Steel yourself girl. Bag it store it and wait.

With sympathy

Fi

Krystal Lee
07-20-2005, 11:11 AM
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!! Store your stuff but don't throw it away. Think it through kiddo. I am old enough that I would love to retire and DRESS MORE.
Hang in there and see what happens. Hugs Krystal. 0.02

Anita
07-20-2005, 01:53 PM
thank you all girls for your messages of support.
Today I have taken the bull by the horns
firstly I have entroled (again) for the antismoking clinic A six week thing and start next week. Have so far resisted a smoke but the antismoking lozenges made me as sick as a dog yesterday and I reached the end of my rope.
The wardrobe has been folded and taken to a safe storage place until I feel brighter Gawd did I really accumulate all that gear?!
Hopefully the smoking gremin will shrink and disapear soon
I did not realise so many even knew who I was never mind being good advisers and friends
God bless you all
love Anita xx

Wendy me
07-20-2005, 01:58 PM
anita, huge wendy hugs to you we are here for you girlfreind..

Tristen Cox
07-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Great :thumbsup:

Yes you did:D

It will

And you're welcome;)

Stephanie Mancini
07-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Anita hang on in there hun we're all with you on this one, don't throw away anything!

Steph