PDA

View Full Version : Parents found out!!!

Brit88
09-11-2009, 02:20 AM
So a couple of days ago my folks finally discovered my little secret ive keep since i was about eight. Ive been CDing for years keeping it all hidden from them. Eventually, I knew this moment had to happen some time. When it did I was shocked to find that they accepted it for the mostpart. However, they want it to remain hidden from them. Have any of you had your folks find out? How did they react? Did they accept or reject it?

Marcia Blue
09-11-2009, 06:01 AM
My mom caught be once when I was 16. She pretended it never happened. I wish we could have discussed it at some point.

Sheila
09-11-2009, 06:03 AM
Brit, glad your parents have been as accepting as they are, given time they may very well start asking questions, so be prepared, they may also have their rocky moments with this, so again be prepared :hugs:

Sylvermane
09-11-2009, 11:29 AM
I told my mom awhile back, she loved it. As for dad... for now it's still a secret, not entirely sure he would be able to deal with it. It feels great when they know doesn't it? Even if they don't want to see it they are open enough about it to say "if it makes you happy" without worry.

janet p
09-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I was called ever name in the book but mine.:love:

kimkat
09-11-2009, 12:51 PM
My mother found a few of her "things" I had borrowed from her when I was about 13 years old. I had hidden them between the mattress and boxspring. Not sure how long they had been there. I just remember sitting in class at school one day then all of a sudden having a sickening feeling in my stomach. Somehow I knew she had found them. When I got home, I was right. She yelled at me wanting to know why I had these things. I said something to the effect that sometimes I prefered to be a girl. We never said anything about it after that. She passed away in 2005. I always wonder if I had went to her again and asked to talk about it, what it would be like now. Ill never now. As for my dad, there is no way I could ever tell him or my brothers about something like this. :(

Kim

Paige Milano
09-11-2009, 01:01 PM
My mom found out that I do it a while back. I have only really started crossdressing and so it was quite quick and painless process. Although I must say I didnt do a great job of hiding the clothes I had bought but she wasnt angry or disgusted or anything and she asked if we could chat about it funnily enough and we did and she was very accepting but we havent talked about it since. Still embarassed by the whole situation though. I guess im luckier than most posters because of their parents reactions I have heard about.

mklinden2010
09-11-2009, 04:24 PM
>>Eventually, I knew this moment had to happen some time. When it did I was shocked to find that they accepted it for the mostpart. However, they want it to remain hidden from them. Have any of you had your folks find out? How did they react? Did they accept or reject it?

I read your post yesterday and thought, "Huh, that's interesting..."

Thing is, my parents would have just minded their own business; they had bigger issues to worry about than what I was doing on my own time. It was a long time ago, and they had to know something was up... But, they left it to me to figure it out and bring it up if I wanted to. I get that now. It didn't occur to me back than - at all.

Much later in life, after I'd been out and about on the town and meeting other people like me, I brought it up with my Mom and she was intrigued, fascinated, and, almost too interested. All positive vibes. I think, since she had gotten old and slow, she was just happy to hear about someone else being busy and doing what they wanted to do.

Sounds like your deal may depend on how you conduct yourself more than anything else. Honor your parents, honor yourself, and be there for them when they need you.

Most good parents just want you to be happy. If they have any worries at all, it's if you know what you're getting into in life and what crowd you might be hanging out with.

Valid concerns and worth thinking about.

JulieC
09-11-2009, 05:10 PM
My mom caught me when I was 13, via finding my stash. I got the fire and brimestone lecture for a good portion of an hour, though she didn't specifically talk about me crossdressing. Odd.

I wish that I had half the forthrightness then that I do now. I would have told her, "Mom, I like wearing girl clothes. There's kids in my school doing drugs, running with bad crowds, getting in trouble with the law. Wearing girl clothes isn't illegal, and I only do it in private or concealed. Where's the problem?" My mother was logical and understanding enough that such a statement would have stopped her in her tracks in the very least.

As it was, her fire and brimstone speach just taught me to hide my stash better. I wasn't going to stop dressing. I couldn't.

TSchapes
09-11-2009, 05:47 PM
did not find out until I was 29 when I told them, and like yours didn't wish to see me dressed. Many years later my mom did see a picture of Tracy and said I looked lovely and had nice legs. So the moral of the story is wait, they'll come around some day!

Congratulations a weight has been lifted!

Love, Tracy :love:

Kerigirl2009
09-11-2009, 07:10 PM
My mom came home and found her dresses hanging in my closet, I was 19 years old, of course she was home early and I was sleeping in bed wearing her lingerie. she didnt see that though, after she left my room I quickly changed and then went down stairs slowly and she asked me point blank "Do you enjoy wearing womens clothes?" I told her that I was just playing around. she accepted it and never mentioned it again. I really wish to this day that I would have told her the truth and the truth of the matter is I love wearing womens clothes. :)
Unfortunately my mother passed away almost 6 years ago. I miss her so much
I like to believe that if we had discussed it together she would have been helpful but not necessarily accepting, Knowing her she would have just kept reminding me to be careful and act appropriately.:)

sherri52
09-11-2009, 07:57 PM
My parents foun out when I was eight or nine. My father ridiculed me often. But it was my sisters friends two piece that fit great even when wet.

lazz12
09-12-2009, 08:47 AM
i got caught by my aunt, the next day she bought me some panties

Amymonroe
10-01-2009, 08:44 AM
i haven't come out to my parents yet but i suspect that they all ready know. i went to a fashion bug and bought some stuff and i think that my step mom saw the items in my suit case. i had forgotten that they were in their and i told her to put something in it.

Michelle123
10-01-2009, 08:56 AM
My mother caught me a couple of times when i was very young. She was really not very happy about me sneaking her things. (I can certainly understand that now). But we just kind of left the whole subject alone.
I invite you to read my previous posts here. This will fill you in on how things have recently progressed with my mother and me. I will tell you that it turned out much better than I ever dreamed it would...

Tina B.
10-01-2009, 01:37 PM
My father caught me when I was around 8 or 9, all he said was 'get that off, and don't ever let me catch you dressed like that again'. I didn't, I learned to hid things very well, but of course it didn't slow me down any.
Tina

Jennifer in CO
10-01-2009, 02:28 PM
By the time I was 13 (when Mom found my stash) I had been dressing for 3 years. I kept a messy closet and one day, came home from school to find my closet clean and my stash piled on my bed. Nothing was said by me or Mom. I hid it again. About a month or two later, she found my stash again. This time, they were neatly folded (and clean) on the bed and the lone dress I had I found hanging (on a hanger) in my closet. In front..as in every time you open the door its going to be staring at you front. I left the dress right where it was and put the clothes away in my dresser. I didn't wear anything for about a month although the clothes, no matter what I put them under in what ever drawer I put them in within a week they were on top in that drawer. I finally quit hiding them. We never did talk about it although now I realize she was trying to get me to talk but on my terms. I also understand a lot more about my Mom now. We still have never discussed this time/events of my life (and probably never will) but she was trying to help and I never really caught on. Oh, I did figure out a few things along the way. She was quietly helping as she could/knew how. Like the times a stray pair of my sisters panties would end up in my drawer (of course I'd wear them!). Thats what I thought several times until once I felt guilty for some reason and went to put them in sis's drawer (instead of raiding it) and found the pair I was putting back actually sitting right there on top. My guess was that Mom had bought me the same pair so I wouldn't wear my sisters and at that point I was willing to bet that all the pairs that "accidentally" ended up in my drawer were in fact "mine".
Mom also starting using my closet as a "spare" for my sisters clothes (stuff she was out growing she told me). Now why would Mom keep clothes sis had out grown in MY closet...that were my size? Mom did all the clothes buying and by the time I was 16 or so I knew but again didn't realize she was buying all my clothes at The Gap. Now mind you Gap now is a trendy teen/youth clothing store for all genders. BUT, in the early 70's it was a teens-probably mid 20's GIRLS clothing store and probably 75% of what was in my drawers and closet was from the Gap. By this time I had probably 3 or 4 pairs of "tightie-whities" in my drawer and I know the rest were panties. Plain, but still panties. My under-shirts were cotton cami's. I knew what an under shirt looked like and they had wider bands (and usually separate neck and arm hole bindings) and mine had only a single strap. My socks were nylon trouser socks. I could go on but I'm getting way off track now driving the bus down memory lane....

yeah she knew...and yeah she never said a word...

Jenn

Miss Anthropic
10-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Suprisingly I was never caught. I told my mother about my dressing when about 6 years ago (darn that makes me feel old). I wrote her out a letter and she read it. I'd say she was overall ok with it, I've never heard anything negative from her but it's something we've never really discussed since. She has seen me dressed once and seemed semi uncomfortable, but I can understand why.

In all honesty I'm not sure I want to discuss with her much more than we already have. The main reason I told her was because I was very depressed at the time and had to give her the reason. I also wanted to tell her so I could stop hiding my clothes and if she walked in on me dressed, it wouldn't be a big deal. I could've went without letting her know since I've lived on my own since I was 17 but it was a huge weight off my shoulders.

I haven't told my father and I hope he never finds out, I already feel like I'm a big enough dissapointment for him.

JulieC
10-01-2009, 03:16 PM
We never did talk about it although now I realize she was trying to get me to talk but on my terms. I also understand a lot more about my Mom now. We still have never discussed this time/events of my life (and probably never will) but she was trying to help and I never really caught on.

Eventually, your mother will pass on.

Your mother was incredibly supportive of you, if silently. She knows and supports you still. What love she has shown for you!

I'd take the opportunity to talk to her, let her know how incredibly thankful you are for how she handled your crossdressing. Just look at all the stories in this thread and elsewhere on the thread for how often it goes very badly.

Your mother is a gem. Talk to her, before she passes, and let her know.

Tina2
10-02-2009, 12:51 AM
I was caught twice. Both times it wasn't discussed and everyone pretended it hadn't happened. My mom did make an occassional threat about her knowing secrets about me that I wouldn't want others to know.

Sarah5
10-02-2009, 01:02 AM
I was never caught but came close once. If Mom suspected anything she never said a word...but I doubt she'd be accepting of it. In my life, for right now the only one who knows my little secret is my wife.

pointe941
10-02-2009, 12:05 PM
I never had full outfits, but had items here and there, pantyhose, heels, other misc items. Unfortunately they would sometimes dissapear when I'd return from a trip, etc.

I did get sent to a few Dr's, either to talk about it, as well as get blood tests/etc. Unfortunatly I was still feeling guilty about not being able to be 'normal' as people expected, so went along with meds that reduced any urges at all. Kinda became inert. Was not a fun time.

After that I decided that whoever I was inside was better then being nothing, and have tried to be a bit more open with myself about such things. I've not really discussed it with my parents since my interests do stretch pretty far into the fetish realm, not just basic CD stuff.. Not in the mood to discuss that with them, although coming out of the closet was a joy all in it's own. hehe :)

Ralph
10-02-2009, 12:45 PM
If she doesn't want to know more about what you're doing in private, why was she snooping in the first place? There comes a time in every teenager's life -- particularly a teenage boy -- when the parents discover they just don't need to know what he has under the mattress or behind his socks.

I guess you have to balance that with the need to make sure your kid isn't on drugs. I have two almost grown myself, and I still don't know the right answer!

KarenCDFL
10-02-2009, 02:54 PM
My Mom caught me when I was 16. It was pretty much much like the Movie/Show Tommy. "She Didn't See It, She Didn't Hear It" and was that way for the rest of her life.

RIP Mom

allisonrn06
10-03-2009, 06:28 AM
I think my parents knew of my interest in pantyhose when I was young, but as far as I know, neither ever was aware when I started wearing them.

angpai30
10-03-2009, 12:35 PM
My crossdressing was let out of the bag when I was about 7, since then my whole family has known. I would buy clothes and then the next day I would come home and they would be missing. My family made a mission out of it to snoop out my clothes and throw as much of it as they could in the garbage. I even pulled out a couple of my dresses because they were right on the top and then threw them in the wash a few times. I had those dresses for about 6 months, but then they disappeared again. I haven't really been able to dress on a regular basis until now when I told my wife I built myself into this and it's who I am. She allows me to dress when her and the kids are gone.

Ralph
10-03-2009, 04:49 PM
My Mom caught me when I was 16. It was pretty much much like the Movie/Show Tommy. "She Didn't See It, She Didn't Hear It" and was that way for the rest of her life.
Yeah, but was she any good at pinball?

My mom never found out, or if she did she never said anything to me to her dying day.

CutieJulie
10-05-2009, 11:22 PM
I came out to my mom and dad.. The both pretend it never happened.

gemsay32
10-08-2009, 02:24 AM
They never found out. There were many moments they could have found out. I borrowed mummies nightgowns/etc - whatever satisfied my need for shiny things. For me it was purely sexual in nature. I'm not a true TV. For me it's just a fetish. I don't want to be a woman or anything. I didn't "borrow" the clothing because I had fantasies of the people who wore them. It was the clothing itself that I liked in a very tactile/visual kind of way that was very satisfying.

I am not a manly man. I'm short and athletic. Maybe a bit spoiled? (sure) Most people think I'm gay, but I'm not. The things I don't like about being male are the hair and sweat. I'm not attracted at all to the prospect of being an apish man - in fact the idea of it disgusts me. I am happy with being a metrosexual-type. I want to someday get rid of most of my facial hair so I don't have to shave it. I like having some hair around my mouth/chin though. Does that mean I want to be a woman or that I don't want to be a male? Not really. I'm sure a lot of woman wish they didn't have menopause or didn't have periods. I'm the same way. There're a lot of things about being a male that I wish I didn't have to deal with. And I'm not afraid to tackle those problems. I won't just accept it.

Sometimes I dream about it. The best of them pretty much go like this: I'm walking through the ladies section of a department store and I'm browsing the clothes without fear of being caught. Usually my dreams are half nightmare and half satisfaction. While there might be a moment in the dream where I feel like noeone is looking and I can satisfy my desires, there're the scary moments where someone almost finds out about my secret and I have to run or hide it.

So why is it that men who dress in womans clothing for whatever reason have this fear? Why be so afraid of your parents finding out? In my case, it's simple. Whenever I played with myself, I didn't want anyone to know about it. For the same reason, I didn't want anyone to know about my fetish. They're both essentially the same thing and I hide them for the same reasons.

Brianna in Hose
10-08-2009, 10:46 AM
My parents have both caught me several times. My dad knows that I still crossdress and told me not to let mom catch me. Mom saw me several times when I was younger but I am not sure if she still knows that I dress. I think the next time I go home to visit I might tell her.

NicoleScott
10-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Don't Ask Don't Tell still works for some. My parents, now both dead, may or may not have known. There were clues, but I don't know if they ever picked up on them. Except for getting caught playing with lipstick (see related thread) they never brought it up, and neither did I. No regrets.

carolinebrookes
10-09-2009, 09:14 AM
My mum caught me once when I was around 13-14 years old. She smiled as she asked why my elder sisters skirt was doing in my room. I blanked her but she knew alright and left the room.

I think she was cool with it as she had mentioned in the past that she'd have liked another girl and as I was a boy with an older sister and a younger sister, perhaps she was smiling her happiness at me embracing a little bit of femininity.

We never discussed the matter any further and I now wish I had. She passed away a few years back. My Dad doesn't know and in his current physical condition (He's had 2 strokes), I don't think he'd be too bothered.

Michelle-Leigh
10-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I was usually very careful to put Mom's clothes back just as they were, but I seem to recall slipping up a time or two and failing to quite do this right, as she questioned me about why something was not quite the way she had left it. I think I just played dumb, and nothing further was ever said. The one thing that would have given me away was the stretching of the pantyhose by my wearing them.... It is my belief that she knew that I was occasionally wearing her clothes, but she understood that I as a boy would have been too ashamed of it to come out into the open about it.