PDA

View Full Version : Hello. A introduction, transitioning

viviane
09-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Hello,

This is to introduce myself to everyone. I am currently transitioning from male to female physically, but technically I think female all the time and always had issues with it. I started hormone therapy and physically changes are apparent and my tastes are slowly changing. I did have a specific taste when cross-dressing for the clubs but now, it is a real world taste.

If people are wondering about work etc, surprisingly a lot of people are not surprised and treating it as a transition as for coworkers, ex-coworkers, and friends. There are a few people that I think supported me but not. I keep a blog about it so just look at my profile.

What are some people feelings about being asked breast size? That the latest experience I dealt with.

Vivianne

Heatherx75
09-12-2009, 02:19 AM
Hi Viv, and welcome to the forum. :hugs: I understand what you mean about people whom you think are going to be supportive and turn out not to be. As for people asking about my breast size, the only people who ask me about that are other transgirls, and in that case, I look at it like we're just comparing the hormones that we're on. Otherwise I suppose that how I would feel about it would depend upon who was asking, i.e., how well do I know this person, etc.:o

GypsyKaren
09-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Hi Viviane

I first want to welcome you here, and to your question, I'd tell them it's none of their damn business.

Karen :g1:

Kaitlyn Michele
09-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Hiya! Welcome welcome...

people asking about your breast size??? these folks are commonly referred to as assholes....what woman lets people ask those types of things....

one sad and insidious thing about transsexualism is that many folks consider us lower life forms and feel like they can ask us all kinds of questions that are really invasive and dehumanizing...i've received lovely questions like.."can is see your rack?" ..

questions from supposed friends that they would never ask "a normal" person..

melissaK
09-12-2009, 08:14 AM
As for being asked breast size, last weekend at a large family reunion the young women in the family all started joking amongst themselves about breast size - one was pregnant and is DD on a small frame, and the joking was started as "envy" from an A cup woman. It ended up being a running joke for the weekend among them - all in good fun. I am fairly sure these girls wouldn't have found it amusing had the topic been started by a stranger or casual friend, the family is a pretty close group. But breast size needn't always be an off-limits subject.

hugs,
'lissa

CharleneT
09-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Hello and Welcome !!

You'll find as you are out in public that people think, just because you are transitioning, that they can ask you any personal question that pops into their rude little minds.... I get all sorts of odd questions. Especially from drunk guys in bars, what little inhibitions they had sober go out the door for sure.

A thick skin and quick wit are both quite handy during transition!!

Charlene

Sammy777
09-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Welcome aboard Viviane

I guess that question, as well as any other questions of a personal nature should get a response that is in line with how well you know that person, and how they are asking that or any other question.

I have to agree with what others have said that yes, it does seem like certain people [assholes of the world] think they have a free pass to ask you anything because you are different [to them].

But when it comes to friends and family, try to not confuse stupidity with curiosity or a genuine interest and wanting to know more - even if they screwup in how they ask you.

In the end, it is up to you to decide if they are just being an ass of if they just don't know how to ask properly.

Here is tongue in cheek video that is funny but does hit home on this subject.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjqsB1huDxg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjqsB1huDxg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>