PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice!!

Brit88
09-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Okay so I could really use some help. Im a 20 yr old in LA whos been crossdressing for years in secret at home. Recently ive been tempted to go out dressed up to a nightclub but, im a little nervous and dont know what to do. I cant find any CD places in LA that fit my age group. Can anyone help me out? Should I go alone my first time? How do I find people to go with near me? Im very new to this and could use a little advice. Please help!!!

mklinden2010
09-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Tri-ess and like groups were invented for your situation. Look 'em up on Google and do it by the numbers.

On the other hand, you could just go, in drab, to a couple of places and see what you'd need to do to fit in...

Or, you could just take your best shot and go on your own with whatever you have in the closet.

But... The biggest problem isn't everyone else, it's going to be how nervous you are... You'll lock yourself out of the house, forget where you parked the car, forget your name when a cop asks you... (Not that they care, they just don't want you driving drunk, or, drinking underage.)

For speed, cost and effectiveness, I favor suggestion "two" above. Especially if you're already nervous. No harm, no foul.

Take your time. You're young. You've got more time to do this than most the rest of us....

You'll get a million suggestions on your post. This is just one set of ideas.

Sylvermane
09-11-2009, 04:04 PM
If you've reached the point of being ready to "go out" then I congratulate you, I am a coward ;p. That being said one suggestion I do have even though I have zero experience with it... Do you have any close female friends who may be accepting possibly even enthralled at the idea? If so then another option is to get with one of them, come out to them, see if they are up for a girls night out. I would imagine it would help with interactions with other people, they could run interference ;p

AllieSF
09-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi Brit,

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90972

Here is a link to a thread for a many California girls of all ages, including a lot of younger ones. Plus there is another older thread that is still running occassionally that is asking where are all the younger girls, or something like that. That one has younger gilrs from all over. The link above should give you an idea of who is near you and do not hesitate to contact them. First, you need to get 10 posts answering people in your own thread or posting in other members' threads. Then you you will be able to private message other members and join other parts of the forum.

It is much better and a lot more fun to go out with someone versus going alone. You have a pal, someone to talk to, maybe even introduce you to their friends. They also, if they are around your age, can give you some good clothing style tips. For all the rest of the needed FtM transformation tips, just ask away here and you will get responses. You also should do some searches of past threads using that little Search button above. There is so much to learn and that is a way to learn quickly.

Last but not least, a very big welcome to this forum. I think that you will like it here and I hope that you enjoy your stay.

Fab Karen
09-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Some clubs have a policy of ID-ing everyone ( regardless of obvious age in looks ), so being under-age is an issue. There are some 18+ clubs, though none specifically TG. There's the Ruby in Hollywood( not an LGBT-focused club ) which has 18+ nights, and the Factory in West Hollywood ( a gay dance club ) may still have an 18+ night.
You could Google 18+ nightclubs, as well as 18+ gay nightclubs.

Angelofsomekind
09-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Try going to a few clubs dressed 'normally'. That way you can feel more comfortable going in and seeing what it's like. Then when you go back all dressed up you know you won't be the only one and you'll know your in the right place.

Brit88
09-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks so much for the help and the link!!! I`ll try to locate some locals!!

sherri52
09-11-2009, 08:01 PM
check on line for the nearest tri-ess. They will help with the locations. You can always wait until next month for all the halloween party clubs.

Jaylacd
09-11-2009, 10:30 PM
my first time out i went with my girlfriend and best friend (lesbian). it made it alot easier on me i think

Brit88
09-12-2009, 12:09 AM
What a great idea!!! I talked to the pres tonightof Tri-ess in LA and im going to a meeting tomorrow night!! Plus I got loads of info and advice. Thx so much everyone forur responses. It means a lot to me!!!