PDA

View Full Version : Are Women REALLY more emotional than men?

MarinaTwelve200
07-19-2005, 10:05 PM
I'd like some opinions. Do you think Women really ARE more "Emotional" than men---that is, are their emotions STRONGER, more difficult to control than mens' emotions.---Or does it just seem that way,as women are allowed to emote more publically where men are not.

Those of you that take hormones, are your emotions and emotional displays REALLY harder to control than they were before taking them?---Or do you just feel like there is no NEED to control your emotions the way men usually do.

Ive seen some mighty "level headed" women and some really emotional men. Is this emotional control thing only cultural or social, or are women's emotions STRONGER.

Julie
07-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Do you think Women really ARE more "Emotional" than men Yes. ---that is, are their emotions STRONGER, more difficult to control than mens' emotions.Yes. ---Or does it just seem that way,as women are allowed to emote more publically where men are not. The gap between men and women when showing emotion outwardly is due in part to the fact boys are told very early on not to cry or show emotions. I think that's horrible but my opinion won't change society. If we never taught boys to withhold their emotions the gap wouldn't be so niticible but there would still be a gap.

Those of you that take hormones, are your emotions and emotional displays REALLY harder to control than they were before taking them? Yes. No doubt in my mind.---Or do you just feel like there is no NEED to control your emotions the way men usually do. No, estrogen works really well in making it easier to cry.

Ive seen some mighty "level headed" women and some really emotional men. There's exceptions to every rule. Is this emotional control thing only cultural or social, or are women's emotions STRONGER. Already answered.

emmicd
07-19-2005, 10:21 PM
I believe women are more emotional than men by their very nature. Women are always encouraged to express themselves and be in touch with their emotions.

If a guy is more expressive of his feelings he is viewed as a sissy. Boys are not supposed to cry!

That's how I see it according to society's views.

Emmi

Maria2004
07-19-2005, 11:41 PM
No women aren't more emotional then men, western civilization and culture define what men and women are allowed to emote. Emotional displays are a sign of weakness, and weakness breeds aggression.

As for horror-mones, the idea that someone is so unhappy with who they were born, that they feel compelled to completely wipe out their orginal identity makes me cry.

The only supporting evidence I can supply for my position, is "all of recorded human history across the planet", provided you can find "true" historical records. :cool:

Love your sig BTW Marina, I may steal it and add it to my sig ;)

Darlene.
07-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Hi all,

I agree that women are not more emotional than men. However most women show their emotions more than men. Crying is simply the expression of an emotion.

Darlene.

Alie
07-20-2005, 12:32 AM
When frighten:

Women cry

Men get angry

both are emotions.

In some cultures men show emotion, in others
they don't

For the most part women do show emotion more then men.

Now if a man enjoys wearing a dress, then showing emotion would be a very pleasant accessory.

If a man that wears a dress, doesn't show emotion, where does that person fit in?

Tristen Cox
07-20-2005, 12:42 AM
Let me step out there further in saying I think CDs are as emotional as men and women put together. Just look at all the ups and downs we add to the matrix. And things we go through trying to find our way and just be ourselves, let alone excepted by anyone. Perhaps that statement belongs more to TS's than CD's but I see an aweful lot of emotion right here everyday that can turn at the drop of the hat so to speak.

:hiding:

Deborah
07-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Not really sure about emotional. I think more compassionate would be a better word. Most men could care less about a lot of things. Women are generally more loving and caring towards their fellow human beings. IMHO

Darlene.
07-20-2005, 01:27 AM
When frighten:

Women cry

Men get angry

both are emotions.

Huh?

The emotion in both situations is fear. Women experess it through crying, Men express it through anger.

Darlene.

Deborah757
07-20-2005, 05:40 PM
As for horror-mones, the idea that someone is so unhappy with who they were born, that they feel compelled to completely wipe out their orginal identity makes me cry.

Maybe a bit off topic but the way you describe it is not what it feels like, at least for me. Its more like you are unhappy with who you have been trying to act like and you feel compelled to restore your original identity.

Sounds kind of crazy.

Stormgirl
07-20-2005, 06:05 PM
They are way too emotional :rolleyes:

Priscilla1018
07-20-2005, 07:51 PM
I can only speak from my own experience;since I accepted myself as a CD,I have become more emotional.I put on a big Mr.Macho face in public,while in private I cry.The only reason I act Manly in public is because it is expected by our society.It will be interesting to see what happens when I no longer care what society thinks.

Maude
07-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Do you think Women really ARE more "Emotional" than men Yes. ---that is, are their emotions STRONGER, more difficult to control than mens' emotions.Yes. ---Or does it just seem that way,as women are allowed to emote more publically where men are not. The gap between men and women when showing emotion outwardly is due in part to the fact boys are told very early on not to cry or show emotions. I think that's horrible but my opinion won't change society. If we never taught boys to withhold their emotions the gap wouldn't be so niticible but there would still be a gap.

Those of you that take hormones, are your emotions and emotional displays REALLY harder to control than they were before taking them? Yes. No doubt in my mind.---Or do you just feel like there is no NEED to control your emotions the way men usually do. No, estrogen works really well in making it easier to cry.

Ive seen some mighty "level headed" women and some really emotional men. There's exceptions to every rule. Is this emotional control thing only cultural or social, or are women's emotions STRONGER. Already answered.

i can't wait for labor day !

maude

Wendy me
07-21-2005, 07:29 AM
"Emotional" you want to talk "Emotional" try this drop a vs sale catalog on the table
a woman and a cd sitting there ....see just who loses their breath over a v s sale.....

LindaTS
07-21-2005, 07:42 AM
I guess I can speak about this with a little authority, at least as it applies to me. I've been on hormones for about two years now and I know I'm much more emotional than before I started them. I cry at the drop of a hat now about the least little thing. Even good music gets me teary eyed. So I guess hormones have something to do with it.

Maria2004
07-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Let me step out there further in saying I think CDs are as emotional as men and women put together. Just look at all the ups and downs we add to the matrix. And things we go through trying to find our way and just be ourselves, let alone excepted by anyone. Perhaps that statement belongs more to TS's than CD's but I see an aweful lot of emotion right here everyday that can turn at the drop of the hat so to speak.

:hiding:

This is a good post. I wasn't trying to "put down" anyone taking horomones, I have my own point of view on that, nothing more, but anyway. I spent half my life in the Marine Corps, am a husband, father, and grandfather. I had a gender role I was expected to fulfill and I did but I was just as emotional then when being a CDer was unimaginable to me, as I am today but without the societal constrants. I read threads going on about "differences" between the sexes trying to paint every male and every female with a broad brush. I just don't see it. Aside from the obvious physical differences, from my own life experiences we are the same by nature, only made "different" by nurture.

Embracing CDing hasn't made me feel "different" from who I always was, but it has made me feel a whole hell of a lot better. I can come to a place like this and try and express my feelings without having to try and appear overtly male or female, just free to be me.

Clare
07-22-2005, 05:30 AM
I have always been emotional although i have never admitted. To others, i was rock stable and tough.

Since my wife left me almost three months ago, i have been an emotional wreck. i've never felt so alone or depressed in my life and i can't seem to get out of the funk.

In my heart, i think men and woman are equally emotional - the girls just have hormones that vary their emtional responses.

Christine

kathy gg
07-22-2005, 09:33 AM
The gg opinion...

I think women are for the majority of the time, more emotional, more sympathetic, and more caring. This varies from culture to culture, but mostly women do tend to let their emotions get in their thinking process.

Obviously there are plenty of men who are just as if not more so than many women, emotionally available. But I think it is rare for your average guy walking down the street to show those emotions to just anyone. Men may let their emotions out when they feel they can trust a person or when they believe they have something to 'gain' from doing so (ie, getting sex).

I also have known plenty of non crossdressing guys (my father included) who will cry and be as emotional as any female. I think it is great when a man feels he can do so and not be concerned with the 'outcome' of such emotion.

And...I know plenty of cd's who have never shed a tear (my hubby does not cry no mater what), seem to have wills of steel, and little concern or emotion for others (espically their families).

Where as even the most hardened CEO woman will still let her emotions shine through even in her workplace on occasion. It could be as simple a gesture as gushing over an employee who just had a new baby, to making a heartfelt comment to someone else. I have known several high level CEO women and there was no doubt in my mind that they had heart and soul. Not every high powered woman is a Martha clone!

I personally am very emotional and cry easily and I find most of my girl friends are the same way. Lots of hugging and sharing and just general compassion and emotion for each other and all our little dramas. I have never felt that particular kinship with any crossdresser (well maybe one comes to mind), but mostly all the cd's I have been friends with don't have that range of emotion that I know exsists in my female friends. Even the ts's I have been friends with. Gosh knows they try, but in some cases when a guy does it seems forced, like it was read in a textbook that this is how to be an emotional woman....

hugs
kathy in canada

heathr1
07-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Especially when I was ill with depression/anxiety.

I've cried in front of strangers and those I know in the pub, at work, in town once, even places I cannot remember.

I am not scared to admit it, or ashamed of it in any way.