PDA

View Full Version : Compliments on Nails

Jamie001
09-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Do you girls get compliments from GGs on your beautiful nails? I was shopping in Tuesday Morning this afternoon and was looking at items on the bottom shelf when a beautiful GG complimented my red toenails polish and asked me the name of the color. I told her that I was wearing OPI Vodka and Caviar. She was wearing a French Pedicure but wanted to change to red at her next pedicure appointment. We talked for at least 5 minutes about nails and also compared our toe rings just as if I was a GG. She told me that I have "toes like a girl" which was also a wonderful compliment.

Last week I was in a thrift store wearing red sandals and another GG complimented me on my toenail polish. She was also wearing red toenail polish in a similar shade. Later she wandered back to the other side of the store to catch up with her mom. When I finally made it to that side of the store, she said to her mom in a very loud voice (her mom is hard of hearing) "look at his pretty red toenails!". Everyone in the store heard it and I think all eyes were on my feet. Her mother told me that my toes were very beautiful and that she really liked them and how they perfectly match my red sandals.

I really enjoyed the experience and it really helped build my confidence and made me even more proud of my red toenails that are always on display even in male mode. It is interesting that I get compliments from GGs, but men completely ignore my nails. I wonder how many men would secretly like to have pretty pedicured red toenails like me. :heehee:

Jamie :hugs:

Nicole Brown
09-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi Jamie,

What wonderful experiences, you must have really been enjoying yourself on these occasions. I have never had anyone comment on my toenails because for personal reasons they are never on display.

I have however had people comment and complement me on my finger nails. Once while in a store trying on rings, the SA commented on how lovely my nails looked and how nicely the color complemented my outfit. I have also received a complement on my finger nails from my therapist which really surprised me. We were sitting and talking when he paused for a minute and then just came out and said how nice my nails looked. He of course received a warm thank you before we continued our session.

Nicole

sherri52
09-12-2009, 09:03 PM
I have had compliments no my nails while in male mode. I always have on clear even when not enfemme

Diane Smith
09-12-2009, 10:46 PM
I have had quite long fingernails (about 5/8" past the fingertips) with pink and white acrylic overlays and a shiny clear coat for about twelve years now. They are often a conversation starter when I interact with SAs, fast food workers, medical personnel and others. Men rarely say anything, women much more often. I've never had a truly negative comment from anybody, although I get the "how do you do work with those nails" question a lot. I also get many opportunities to put in a plug for my nail technician, since they often ask where I get my nails done. As far as we know, this has never led anyone to actually book an appointment, however.

- Diane

Teri Jean
09-13-2009, 05:21 AM
The other day I was shopping in the twin cities(MN) and a SA complimented me on my nails and then this weekend my youngest daughter said she wished her nails looked as good as mine. It is nice to get those compliments.

Teri

Shikyo
09-13-2009, 06:22 AM
I've gotten compliments from both girls and guys about my finger nails. Usually the first question before anything is, "Are they real?", which I answer honestly that they are. After that the compliments come.

So far I haven't gotten any comments on my toe nails even though they have been visible because of my shoes lately. My finger nails seem to attract people a lot more than my toe nails. I wonder why.

Rachel Morley
09-13-2009, 11:48 AM
The only compliments I've had on my nails when fully dressed have come from other CDers .... usually asking about the length of my natural nails and how do I "get away with it" in boy mode.

However, when in boy mode I usually have long (1/8" past my fingertips) nicely shaped real nails, with either a shiny clear top coat only or I sometimes wear a home version of an American manicure. I've had quite a few comments from GGs asking me where I get my nails done as they look so natural. Of course I tell them they are my own and I do them myself. :D

At work when i am in meetings I see people's eyes look down at my hands quite often but only once did anyone say anything at work. It was my boss and he asked me "what's up with your nails?" :)