PDA

View Full Version : Close and Comical

laurab323
07-20-2005, 12:30 AM
Hi girls,

I had to post this, too scary/funny not to...sorry this is a long post

Here is my story:

I typically go to bed in a pair of panties and a camisole my SO bought for me. She is wonderfully supportive and does not mind at all. I also wear the wig some nights which is long and blonde at the moment.

We have several small children who knock on our door looking to sleep in our bed at night and an older teenage daughter that shares a room with our youngest who is still in diapers and wakes up in the middle of the night. We keep the bedroom door locked and are usually woken up by a knock. My SO is gracious enough to answer the door and put the kids back to bed as they come knocking.

So sure enough the youngest gets up crying and our teenage daughter gets up and brings the crying infant to our room. :eek: She has all the lights in the house on and turns on the bathroom light in our bedroom to cast a glow. She keeps poking me (at this point I am awake and fearing the worst and of course my SO is not there to save the day, nor is she aware our daughter is in the bedroom with me) and at this point she thinks I am my wife (it is still somewhat dark in the room and our daughter wears glasses which she does not have on.) She then lifts the covers of which I grab and pull back down while keeping my face hidden. She realizes it is not mom and goes into the bedroom where my wife is sleeping and wakes her up to deal with the crying baby.

After my SO returns to bed we are both panick stricken as to how to handle the situation. I am convinced that we are going to have to do some damage control.

The next day, after several opportunities for me to begin dialogue with her have passed, she proceeds to tell the family about how she mistaked our other daughter for mom when bringing the baby into my wife and how funny she was grabbing the covers in her sleep. She saw the hair and thought she recognized her sister. :D

She never recognized me. My wife and I had a good and relieved laugh over this one.

Its not that I may never tell the kids, but this was not the time to introduce my teenage daughter. She has enough on her plate being a teenage girl.

This was as close as it gets...

xoxo

Laura

MistyCD
07-20-2005, 06:49 AM
Well, if you don't want to tell your daughter, you can always say "you were seeing things while half asleep"

laurab323
07-24-2005, 02:31 AM
I suppose I could have. Still early on this journey and there are so many questions I want to have answered before bringing the kids in on it.

Thanks for the reply!

Laura