PDA

View Full Version : Was I born a Cross Dresser ?

bettysmith
09-13-2009, 05:06 AM
As far back as I can remember i have been attracted to womens clothing.
It started when as a baby I can remember some sort of contentment
wearing plastic pants .

I overheard my mother telling her friend that she really wanted a girl.
She would dress me in relations hand me downs , and I have pics of me as a child dressed in frilly dresses . No wonder I cross dress now !!!!

I then moved on to my mothers underwear , i wore her girdles , slips and nylons , and the thrill i got when dressed was fabulous.
I would dress in her clothes whenever I could.

I am now married and have been for 30 years, and despite periods of trying to not cross dress , i always weaken and return and enjoy it.

I think I was born to cross dress , does anyone else think they were????

Betty

Mollyanne
09-13-2009, 05:38 AM
Hi Betty, did you get inside my head when I wasn't lookin'???
I have had the same thoughts throughout my life and I'm in my 60's. Actually I feel so much better whenever I am dressed or even partially dressed as in just lingerie(bra w/forms, pantyhose and panties). Like u, I 2 overheard my mom say to a freind that she had hoped I was a girl. Actually I always wanted to be a girl!!!!!

Mollyanne

Nicole Brown
09-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Make that 3. Not only did my mother say that she wanted a girl, she use to take me to a friend of her's children clothing store and have me model dresses and bonnets for other customers. This was because of the long curly blond hair I use to have.:battingeyelashes:

This was always in total disagreement with my father who was always trying to bring me up as a strong and manly individual. As I have said in prior posts, "a lot of good that did".

From as far back a I can remember, I wanted to wear woman's clothing and pretend that I was an elegant lady. Whenever I was left home alone, I was into mom's lingerie, black dress and heels. And as the old saying goes: practice, practice, practice and you may just get what you want....

Nicole

Laciegurl
09-13-2009, 08:35 AM
I don't know if I was born a crossdresser( I can't remember that day) but I know it startred at a pretty early age for me. I would say about 5 or 6 years old I remember trying things on of my sister's and grandma's.

bettysmith
09-13-2009, 08:58 AM
My thought process on this thread, is that if I wasnt born a cross dresser , what eventwas it at a very early age that lead me into cross dressing??

I know my mum dressed me in girls clothes , but not everyone would have had the same experience , so what was it , genetic or environment ?

Betty

Angie F
09-13-2009, 09:08 AM
only a couple times on halloween did my mother dress me as a girl, and she wanted a boy, and my earliest memories of dressing are back when I was 5 0r 6. I truely believe in my heart that we are born with this desire, it's not something that we aquire over time, or some reaction due to an even in our lives. Well this is just one girls opinion :)

Joni Marie Cruz
09-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Yes, honey,yes you were. Just go with it.

Hugs...Joni Mari

JustAlex
09-13-2009, 09:27 AM
I think that I was born like this. Some have crossdressing experiences related to their sexual development but I was a crossdresser many years before that.
I have memories from my early childhood, probably 5 or 6, playing with my mom's panties and wearing pillow cases as dresses.

I don't know if my mother wanted a girl. I'm second child, preceded by a male, so it's possible. I don't think my mother ever dressed me as a girl because there were no girl's clothes in the house. In fact she used to dress us both with the same clothes (a self esteem booster...).

It's really hard to tell because nobody has clear memories of the first years of his life. Even my memories for my early childhood are vague. Maybe we all were dropped and got hit on the same place in our heads. Or there's something that made us genetically wired to have a strong feminine side.

I think there's a combination of many factors including a strong maternal image, a desire to relate or identify to that image, the opportunity and access to the items of clothing, a clear distinction between sexes (social wise). I find it hard to believe that only one of them is the cause or even the main cause of CDing. It has to be something inborn that can develop due to environmental factors.

Chiana
09-13-2009, 10:07 AM

Betty

Yes. Actually I think when I was born, I was really a girl with incorrect anatomy.

RiverdanceGirl
09-13-2009, 10:44 AM
One of my earliest memories is showing my mum pictures of a beautiful model in a fashion magazine ( 70's magazine , gorgeous clothes and fabulous makeup) and telling her " that's what I want to look like when I grow up " . And she told me I couldn't because I was a boy . I told her that wasn't fair , I should have the right to decide what I am , and she agreed , life isn't fair you should be able to choose . So I guess I was born to wear womens clothing .

JoAnne Wheeler
09-13-2009, 10:45 AM
I am convinced that I was born to be a Transgendered CD

JoAnne Wheeler

Miss Anthropic
09-13-2009, 11:11 AM
..... and wearing pillow cases as dresses....

Wow, that is something I had totally forgotten about, I used to do that too as early as 3 or 4, I truly thought I was the only one who ever did this.

I have a story that may be too gross to post, from when I was at the oldest 2 1/2 years old that I remember clearly (it's a good thing we moved often, or I would have no time frame for it). At any rate, something happened with my body to make me tell my mom I thought I was actually a girl. I was so happy! Then she shot me down with reality.

I have a few memories starting around a year old, but none of them involve wanting to dress. I do believe it's something we're born with.

BreenaDion
09-13-2009, 11:15 AM
ummm ... ummmm excuse me..... girls ... You girls are CD's sorry to say , Im a TS. At least get one part right, we are all Trangendered. Yes that right all CD TV TS are Transgendered from birth. Not at 3 yrs old, not cuz mom wanted a girl, we all are Transgendered people. Except it, its what we are an do to things in moms womb , be it many reasons or one like in my case.

My father beat the shit out of my mother for period of months thus causing hormones to be dilevered to me under missfired amounts , duration an more.

Learn how you was born an why you are transgendered people. That will make coping with ones self alot easier to deal with .

Do research in your groub, find a book about youself. Be it online or in library, but do like I did just a month ago " Find yourself".

I read '' So You Want to be a T-Girl A Realistic Guide to the Transitional Journey" I found myself in this book. Took just a few pages an finally after what happened to me 6 months ago , someone finally gets it.

Be happy with yourself an read a book for real information. Do yourself an ur family a pleasure an be one with yourself.

Also on the opposite side the stat are horrific. I just never knew how bad.
Beaware,behave,behappy

Love Breena:love:

marie354
09-13-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm pretty sure I was.
My memory only goes back to about 3 on this when I tried on my first pair of panties.
My mom wanted a girl too, but she got me instead. (A bit of both maybe.)
I wore my sisters baby clothes the first year, so I'm told.
I was teased in the barber shops by the barber when I was about 4-5 for having such long girly eyelashes.

Yea... I'm sure.

Cheryl T
09-13-2009, 03:09 PM
ABSOLUTELY ... I feel I was born this way.

As I think about it...
I have 3 male cousins in my age group from my father's side.
All 3 are gay and I am TG....it must be something genetic or hormonal from birth. I can't fathom that this is coincidence.

Joni Marie Cruz
09-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Yes. All equal, but some are more equal than others, eh? To paraphrase George Orwell.

-JMC

ummm ... ummmm excuse me..... girls ... You girls are CD's sorry to say , Im a TS. Love Breena:love:

sherri52
09-13-2009, 05:00 PM
I should have been born a girl but I think my crossdressing waited until I was six

geri-tg.
09-13-2009, 05:28 PM
I know that I was born a crossdresser. The same pattern as many of you had.I am so happy that I enjoy dressing this much.:)

trannie T
09-13-2009, 05:38 PM
I do not know that I was born a crossdresser but I wanted to wear a dress in kindergarten. When we sat on the floor the girls had skirts to pull down over their legs and feet, we boys wore pants and the other kids would stumble over our feet. I thought that a dress was a wonderful thing. I did not get to wear one for 35 years despite my strong attraction to women's clothing, and guess what, when I wear a dress nobody stumbles over my feet. Of course I don't often sit on the floor any more.

I have seen all sorts of theories on why we dress, I think it is a combination of the sunspot cycle, phases of the moon and the barometric pressure at the time of conception.

WifeofWrenchette
09-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Wrenchette's uncle is a cross dresser and his mom always wanted a girl. I think you may have hit on something here.

Jenniferpl
09-13-2009, 08:30 PM
I must have been, since that is all I think about.

Cathytg
09-13-2009, 08:39 PM
I started dressing at age 4; I am 64 now and that says a bunch.

But I might reword the question, if I were asking it, to read: Were you born transgendered? My point is that I have come to feel very strongly that dressing is often an outward expression of an inward gender issue. Perhaps it is more appropriate to ask if we were born transgendered and if the dressing behavior simply manifested itself very early.

Those of you who were Catholic a long time ago - look at what I wrote and ask yourself what is the definition of a sacrament.

timbertv
09-13-2009, 08:45 PM
I don'r know about being born a crossdresser, but I can remember my older female cousins dressing me up.

Rebecca Jayne
09-13-2009, 08:52 PM
I bloomed into a cd

Nature can't be denied,

allisonrn06
09-14-2009, 04:13 AM
I was the second child of five, the first child was my sister. I think my parents did say at one time that they had hoped for another girl when I was born. Can't say for sure that I was born a crosdresser, and my parents never did dress me in girls' clothes, but I remember wanting to wear girly things, especially tights and pantyhose, at a very early age - maybe before kindergarten. :2c:

Michelle-Leigh
09-14-2009, 08:52 AM
I have been a crossdresser since I was a baby. I wore a christening dress when I was barely a month old, and have strongly desired to wear female clothes ever since I became self-aware at the age of about 18 months.

I dress, So therefore I am !

Michelle-Leigh

TG_Nicole
09-14-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm pretty sure i was. At an early age my older sister's played dress up with me. I have memories no idea what age but being very young and my grandmother catching me late at night getting into her underwear and wearing them. As much as i have tried to fight it I'm never gone from ti for long. Hopefully now here to stay.

aggi123
09-14-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't know if I was born a crossdresser, but a lifelong series of conditioning and events. I have thought about this question a lot and have done a bit of theorizing and research on my end. I'm only going to summarize some of my thoughts. *Edit* forgot to mention these thoughts are for why I am a crossdresser.

1. I am a twin, have been so all my life. Sometimes I blame the thought of not having a seperate identity from my alter ego (perceive that way in public's eyes) that this has manipulated my from a very age. I started dressing when I was about 9.

2. My brother came out of the closet as a homosexual when we were 15. I find that very interesting biologically.

3. Shortly before I started dressing, my older brother (11) was hit and killed by a drunk driver. This completely turned my world upside down. His name was Jimmy and I've always been drawn the girl name, Jamie, it's the name I've always envisioned myself going by.

4. My mother always said she wanted a girl, and even had a girl named picked out for one of us: Alexandria.

There are more, but I don't want to fill up the page, if you're interested in more of my thoughts, ask!

kateyliz
09-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Betty, except for being dressed femme by my mom(she never did), your experience is the same as mine. Hugs, Kathy

Ras
09-14-2009, 02:49 PM
can't say that I was born a CD but for what ever reason or event I developed a liking to wearing lingerie and it has only progressed from there. Still trying to figure out the answer to that million dollar question...why did I start?

suchacutie
09-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Looking back it seems that "born" is the correct way to look at it. The mental functions that I was born with obviously have led to my actions as an adult, and those thought patterns and quite clearly NOT what one would normally associated with a completely masculine entity. Having said that, part of me can sure be very male. I've very comfortable being out with a bunch of guys and I enjoy a lot of guy things. However, then there is the other side of me. I've been crochetting since I was 3! I understand the logical processes that many ascribe to being feminine. It just didn't all come together until my loving wife and I started to unravel it.

tina

tricia_uktv
09-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Some of us were and some of us aren't. Sounds like you were.

StephanieH
09-14-2009, 03:52 PM
I was. I was always attracted to girlish things, and once I won the "boy's beauty pageant" in the 4th grade, I knew I was onto something! :)

SometimesKathryn
09-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Hmmmmmmm, born this way? I'm not sure but, I was into my Mom's clothes starting about 12..............

amanda w
09-14-2009, 04:23 PM
I was i have liked girls things as far back as i can remeber i would wear panties under my boxers so no one would see them. I just loved it and now i wear panties and bras all the time and get all dressed up 3 or 4 times a week.so yes i thank i was born a CD. So all i can is thank you God.

BritneyLynn
09-14-2009, 05:02 PM
I have no recollection of anyone dressing me in feminine clothes or otherwise treating me as a girl when I was little. My father's military service kept us away from the rest of the extended family for several years of my youth. When we returned my parents often visited an married uncle with an only child daughter. While I realized a "boy" shouldn't be so willing to play with girls toys I joined with my cousin playing with her fashion dolls anyway (I enjoyed it).

A few years later (at about elven or twelve) I discovered how good it felt to wear feminine things. At that time adults were even more reluctant to discuss sexuality than they are now, even with each other. Forget about telling a pre-teen boy anything! I had to find out about the anatomical differences between the sexes from a paperback family medical dictionary! I came to the conclusion my crossdressing (although I wasn't aware of that term) was a substitution for my lack of contact with girls connected with shyness. The inconsistancy was the appeal of experiencing the woman's role in my adolescent and teen sexual fantasies.

Accompanying my eighteenth birthday was better access to material describing sexual relationships. I gradually became aware there were others with similar mismatches between their genitals and their sexual attitudes. I wondered if my situation had any connection to the growth of my facial hair being slower than most mens'. All those complaints about men developing a "five o'clock shadow" which I took days to develop.

Eventually I developed the courage to let my hair grow and then to get my ears pierced. I wore a pair of blocky heel round toe ankle boots so much the heels wore down. A few times I left the house wearing more feminine boots under relatively plain womens' jeans. Five weeks ago I got tired of wondering what it was like to have long fingernails for more than a few days and patronized a nail salon. Sinced then I've been carrying a purse and have ventured out wearing dangling earrings, nail polish (This weekend plum!), pantyhose (with Bermuda shorts) and even bangle bracelets!

Because of thin receding hair, a square jaw and a heavy set figure I'm still getting called "sir" though.

I'm fond of implausible fantasies of situations that result in my becoming a woman. I've come to the conclusion I have transexual feelings. I've no convenient way of determining if they are really the result of any genetic or other medical condition (prenatal or in my youth). I'm no fan of discomfort and/or pain and the reports of those first few post SRS weeks aren't very encouraging.

Natalie_393
09-14-2009, 05:50 PM
I've been dressing since I was about 5 or 6 years old, I don't think anybody just wakes up one day and says "I want to crossdress now" I think for some of us it's just planted in our heads, Everybody is different and never the same, I'd say If feels good to you never think twice about it

JoanFlores
09-14-2009, 06:13 PM
I too, belive I should have been a girl, but had to grow up a boy. So now when ever I can dress as female I do.

starless
09-15-2009, 05:51 PM
My mother first dressed me in panties when I was 5 and I've been dressing myself from 8 and cannot stop, so yes, I think I was born to be a CD. I sometimes dress my boyfriend in lingerie and he indulges me but, left to himself, he won't wear lingerie. Literature suggests that some boys, if forced to wear petticoats for long enough, come to enjoy CD-ing, but I think it's either you are or you aren't.

Terri Andrews
09-15-2009, 07:01 PM
I also feel that I was born trans gender ,I didn`t understand that for a long time but now I just enjoy my Gender Gift .

Vicky_Scot
09-16-2009, 06:12 AM
I was born a crossdresser.....no doubt about it.

You were born a crossdresser.....no doubt about it.

IMO no one wakes up one morning and decides I think I am going to become a crossdresser today.

If a crossdresser never ever wears clothing, lingerie, make up, jewellery associated with women again, they will still be a crossdresser.

I really think there is a deep fear even in the transgender community to accept that people are born crossdressers.

Why? I do not know the answer to that.

Xx Vicky xX

jennylogan
09-16-2009, 06:46 AM
Like a moth being drawn to a light, cding and TG desires have been an unavoidable part of my nature since age nine. No question in my mind that I was born this way and all attempts at resistance were futile. So, after years of denial, guilt and shame I finally accepted what it is I am and have made peace with myself and with my SO. Don't know where the journey will ultimately wind up but at least now I can embrace and enjoy the ride.

Ms Mira
09-16-2009, 02:20 PM
I don't think that we exactly choose to be crossdressers / transgendered.

I don't know if you're exactly BORN a CD either, but it's one of those things that starts to blossom in your brain during puberty (or for most of us, actually, before) and that you don't really have control over. You can choose not to dress, but I don't think you can really stop thinking about it.

Elvira
09-16-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm doubtfull that any of us are born crossdressers because as far as i know , when we are born , we are not wearing anything and therefore we can't possibly be crossdressers at birth!

Jennifer_Ph
09-16-2009, 06:10 PM
It just ticks me off that there is such of a thing as crossdressing. I mean... clothing really has no gender. So I want to feel pretty... sue me!

Laura_Stephens
09-16-2009, 06:17 PM
I started at age 2. That was a long time before I knew anything about sexual excitement. Was I born that way? I don't really know. Wish I did, though.

danacd96
09-17-2009, 08:26 AM
I am not sure if I was born this way or not. And to me it makes little difference. The fact is, that its inherent to who I am.

Dragster
09-17-2009, 06:52 PM
I find the "hormone wash" theories are the most believable. At some stage during gestation, we are exposed to female hormones instead of male ones, at different times and in different quantities, and our brains become "wired" in a way which is not the norm for our sex. That would account for differing levels of transgenderism, ranging from occasional crossdresser to the "girl trapped in a male body". That TGism may not always be apparent at birth, and for me, needed a life changing event to rear its head. I don't know why I found my mother's lingerie attractive, or what motivated me to try it on at the age of 10, but the excitement of the occasion left me with an urge to repeat the process again and again, even though I'd never had a CDing thought up to that time in my life. Overnight I had become a crossdresser. The tendency had been there all the time, but needed a trigger to activate it. This may also explain how a few CDs can go for tens of years before they start CDing.

Just my thoughts. I've no real evidence, but it seems to fit the facts!

Tony

Jamie VieJolie
09-17-2009, 07:40 PM
The previous posts states that our brains may not have been wired in ways that were the "norm" for our sex.

I don't believe in the "norm."

There's nothing wrong me with us. Society just hasn't caught up to us yet.

I don't know about anyone else but I was born this way. One of my earliest memories is of wearing my sisters plastic pants.

bridget jones
09-17-2009, 09:18 PM
I have been crossdressing since about 6 or 7 years old.I started wearing silk panties and camisoles.I started wearing my sister and mothers clothes and also putting on make up in the bathroom while bathing.I soon started buying my own clothes,makeup and wigs as early as a teenager.I can remember the first time I shaved my body,I am a lifer and I love being a girl.

Mary Morgan
09-17-2009, 10:03 PM
I think so. Why would we do this if we didn't need to? I absolutely love the time I am enfemme, and would spend more time if it were possible.

Lara Smith
09-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Okay, not at birth, just very soon after. Very much nature and not nurture.

battybattybats
09-17-2009, 11:10 PM
At least one gene has been found to be more common in MtF TSs then general population. That strongly indicates that it is caused by a series of genes.

Scientists involved in that discovery have stated they expect that every step on the gender spectrum is largely caused by some or more of the same genes.

So while not yet proven conclusively yet science suggests you likely inherited a genetic predisposition to CD activated perhaps by a double-expression of the gene, by an epigenetic activation of a gene or some other similar.

telima
09-17-2009, 11:26 PM
like you thanks to mom..she never said anything but take them off ( meaning her white playtex long line girdle and white socks I was only four years old ) after that at six or seven yrs old I went to her rubber long line playtex girdle the one with the side hook and eye closer w/ a zipper and four garters which I tried her nylons on. I also tried on her bra. Nothing fit at all but felt very good against my skin. took my breath away. I did alot more after that at different ages. will tell more later

mskanuchi
09-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Yes, Yes, and, Yes - we all were. Enjoy life, it goes by way too fast. I'd much rather have fond memories than sayin to myself " I wish I had..."

Adelaide
09-17-2009, 11:33 PM
I might have been born this way...but I don't remember!
I've always been attracted to girls and wanted to look like them. It all started with the very long hair. It's so feminine.....Then girl's make-up and perfume....Then after the family moved to another home, I saw a guy in the bus with hair longer than his butt! That's when I realized that it could be me....with make-up and perfume.... I've fantasized for many years before actually getting out dressed wearing a wig with natural hair to my lower back....Actually, I believe it took me too many years....
A.

Frédérique
09-17-2009, 11:53 PM

I think I was predisposed to being sensitive, so the boy clothes I had to wear just didn’t agree with me in a tactile sense. I don’t recall being an infant, but when I was a young boy I remember those stiff, board-like blue jeans that didn’t bend or fit properly. Shirts had tight collars, jackets were shapeless, and shoes were downright miserable. Maybe I was born a crossdresser, because I knew I had to find something more comfortable, colorful, and tasteful to wear. Here on Earth that mean’s girl’s clothes, followed by women’s clothing and every other feminine thing out there…

Gavin Orion Deedle
09-18-2009, 01:18 AM
wearing womens clothing is why i got into fashion in the first place...seeing a few extremly cute boys that were in full dress is what turned me bi...my second male male relationship is where i found that i absolutely have got to become a very femme boy (if you want to know the story pm me)...i would really like anyone with any suggestions about becoming more femme...pm me

p.s.
if you want me to tell you a story for the heck of it i do enjoy telling storys...just pm me and tell me what kind of story youd want to hear

bettysmith
09-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Jamie,

At last , someone else who remembers wearing plastic pants, by choice , as a child .

Betty

Jenny Brown
09-18-2009, 02:04 PM
At least one gene has been found to be more common in MtF TSs then general population. That strongly indicates that it is caused by a series of genes.

The thread title was about CD not TS.:doh:

Tessa_Green
09-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Hey Betty,
Although I can't speak for everyone, I am certain I was born a crossdresser. I've been dressing up in mom's clothes since before I was 5. At the time I didn't think much of it but eventually the social pressures got the best of me and I went through the hectic binge-purge process - the urge never letting up. Then finally in my early twenties I decided to accept myself for what I am regardless of what others expect. Been happy as a clam ever since!

Kristy 56
09-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Don't know if I was born into it,but I still remember my sister putting me in a dress at age 8 or 9. I liked the feeling,and remember saying,"I love wearing a dress ! " 48 years later I still feel that way.

battybattybats
09-18-2009, 10:35 PM
The thread title was about CD not TS.:doh:

Didn't you manage to read the third sentence?

"Scientists involved in that discovery have stated they expect that every step on the gender spectrum is largely caused by some or more of the same genes"

I suggest you read all the sentences, especially as that was a very short post, or you may easilly missunderstand what people are saying. Including following the link I'll be providing in a moment.

Yes, but it's interesting to speculate whether (if there's a genetic component to TS) there's also a genetic component to crossdressing. Any idea, Battybattybats ?

You see, all of us saying how we dressed up as a child might be quite irrelevant. All children like dressing up, and 25% of men have dressed as a woman some time. The point is what makes us do it so often?

I wrote on this on my blog back in May. An important comment by Riki on Zoe Brain's blog is reproduced in that post http://caveofrationality.blogspot.com/2009/05/crossdressing-and-biological-causation.html Key piece worth quoting is:

I interviewed Dick Swaab, whose lab produced the BSTc research that is the strongest evidence for a neurological correlate for trans...
..He also explicitly supported the idea that there is a biological causation for the whole range of gender identity variations:

"I think we talked about a scale like the Kinsey scale for sexual orientation – we should also have a gender identity scale. It is not either this or that; there is also something in between. The distribution will not be simple, but here will be people somewhere in the middle."

"So it is not the entire brain that is switching, it is some systems, and that may also be the explanation for the [gender identity] scale. Some systems do switch and others don’t and it depends on which systems have switched where you enter on the scale."

So there's the referance that scientists involved in showing TS is biologically caused believe that CDing, as its part of that gender spectrum mentioned, will also be found to be similarly biologically caused. Not yet proved by science but predicted as likely by those scientists most expert in the subject.

The Gas Man Cometh
09-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Well I've no idea if I was born this way, but transgendered elements are rampant in my immediate family. We're all fairly open minded, LGBT accepting and loving. I suspect my brother is a CDer, as well as me. Growing up, he was the feminine one and I was the masculine one, though I'd always see him in male clothing.

My parents would give me his old hand-me-downs, (He's 5 years my senior) I'd ride his BMX bike, play with his remote control car, and play with his skateboard from as young as 5 until about 16 or so. He sold his remote control car, had his bike stolen and smashed up his skateboard. Now I have my OWN remote control car, but still miss BMX riding. Never really got into skate boarding.

I was given male and female toys growing up, I loved LEGO as much as Barbie. Mum would try to put me in dresses (though never did complain about shorts and t-shirts) while dad would get me to help him smash up old concrete with a sledge hammer. Neither masculinity nor femininity was rejected in me but thankfully, equally nurtured by my whole family.

I suppose I've always had an equally strong male and female side. However, I do remember when I was about 4 or 5, I'd try to stand over the toilet and say to myself "I wanna pee like a boy!" And whenever I played 'make-believe games' with one of my female friends, I'd ALWAYS want to play the male character. Even today online, in games I pick the male characters.

I have no idea where Thomas really came from, I'm just happy he's there.

Samantha B L
09-19-2009, 07:07 AM
It's just my opinion but I'm sure that crossdressing is neurological and/or hormonal in nature and it runs in families. So enjoy it. It's NOT a mental illness and if you ask me I think it's supposed to be fun !

Jenny Brown
09-19-2009, 10:28 AM
So there's the referance that scientists involved in showing TS is biologically caused believe that CDing, as its part of that gender spectrum mentioned, will also be found to be similarly biologically caused. Not yet proved by science but predicted as likely by those scientists most expert in the subject.
"scientists" huh? Right, whatever. Now you want to consolidate CD and TS? Sorry, but I don't buy it. Bottom line is that it's just another excuse. It's not that hard to find an excuse for cd-ing if you're looking for one. Nobody was "born" a cd. It's a conscious personal choice each individual makes.

Joselle3
09-19-2009, 04:46 PM
"scientists" huh? Right, whatever. Now you want to consolidate CD and TS? Sorry, but I don't buy it. Bottom line is that it's just another excuse. It's not that hard to find an excuse for cd-ing if you're looking for one. Nobody was "born" a cd. It's a conscious personal choice each individual makes.

Then please explain to me why I was attracted to playing dressup and female things when I was only a small child..there was no conscious decision or desire to dress ..it was all natural for me and still is to this day. I don't think you understand..some of us are not looking for excuses

Dana
09-20-2009, 02:57 AM
This is the old "nature or nurture" debate?

If you take a male child and raise them as a female ~ then they will identify as female?

If you take a female child and raise them as male ~ they will identify as male?

The fact of the matter is? That the default for the human fetus is female, up to about six weeks.

If the fetus is to become a male? Then certain things have to kick in.

There's a whole range of things that have to kick in?

Turning gonads from ovaries into testicles, changing a potential clitoris into a penis. Etc.

There's a "hormonal wash" that takes place.

This hormonal wash "hard wires" the brain to be either feminine or masculine.

Or?

Somewhere in between.

There's two different sections of the brain that control gender orientation and sexual orientation.

Thus there's at least 26 different combinations ~ or permutations of possible sexual and gender orientations possible.

Per Natural Geographic TV? Possibly even more?

With that being said? The NGTV show I saw last night, demonstrated that almost 50% of all life on Earth is hermathicdic.

Fish go from being female to male ~ male to female. Starfish change from female to male. As do many other species?

The problem is that people are socialized and collateralized into binary thinking?

We're taught that a thing is right or wrong? White or black? Something is yes or no?

We're entrapped into thinking what we consider "logical" and thus entrapped into a singular world.

We're entrapped into thinking ~ this is it! This is my world! This is all I am! All I can be! All I can express? I can go no further!

I'm confided to this "definition" of reality! This is my three dimensional reality!

I know I'm trangendered ~ and know that I'm as my last LTR GF ~ part Girl?

It doesn't have anything to do with wearing women's clothes?

It has to do with self awarness, self acceptance, of who and what I am.

In short? Finding myselfe!

Jenny Brown
09-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Jenny, don't you sometimes feel we CDs need all the help we can get? I get mine from inspirational people, poetry, and scientific knowledge... I don't get it from cynics and sneerers.

I don't think Battybattybats' point is to "consolidate" CD and TS. I myself have a theory that these are just two of the ten or more axes along which we measure sex and gender. Now it seems clear that six of those axes are genetically determined (chromosomes, hormones, genitals, physical appearance, brain sex and sexual preference). So perhaps others are too? This doesn't "consolidate" them, any more than it consolidates brain sex and penis length, or hormone balance and homosexuality. It just suggests that there may be similar types of origin.

Case not proven, faulty logic.
If you wish to address me, take it to PM.

Sully
10-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Not really, it just happened...

CharlotteCD
10-26-2009, 12:55 PM
I would say we are born with the urge and desire to cross dress, some of us just act on it quicker than others.

sometimes_miss
10-26-2009, 02:40 PM
You're going to get a wide range of opinions, because there are so many reasons why we crossdress, and a good percentage of people either don't know why they do it, or don't want to know. Mine is in my bio.

ginafaye
10-26-2009, 03:00 PM
im almost positive that my mom wanted a girly girl when i was born. she had lost two sons as infants ,less than 1 month old ,and then my sister was born who was a real tomboy. when i came along three years later it was her last chance at having a girly girl. i have acouple of memoires as a small child of wearing my sisters things ,and of being a dress dummy when mom took in sewing. there was a tiny bit bit of experminting with her girldes and such at purperty,but really nothing of any signifiance till my wife help me discover my femine side, its like she turned on a water faucet that wont turn off, and i love it

Vi
10-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I can of grew into liking it, i just was always wishing i could dress up girly and finally started doing so. now i cant stop :o

Sarah5
10-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Interesting question. Well I think I have always been attracted to feminine clothing my ewntire life. I remember as a small child, even as young as 4-5 getting excited when the Sears catolog would arrive. I'd run off to be on my own and you'd think I'd be into the toy section but I always looked at the womens section first. I always loved the femininity of the blouses and undergarmets.

I've always been very aware of my desires to dress and they have always been part of who I am. Was I born this way...who know but I pretty much feel as if I was...:) and am not complaining at all...:)

Leanne2
10-26-2009, 03:29 PM
I believe that I was born this way. But it took me a long time to figure out which way I was. My earliest memories of wearing girls clothing were when I was four years old. When I was about seven my mother caught me wearing a dress. As she helped me out of it she told me that boys don't wear dresses. When I asked her why she just said," Because, that's just the way it is." That made no sense to me then and still doesn't now.
Back fifty years ago the general public didn't know about TG,TS,CD, and all of the other letters. People were either normal or homosexual. I'm sure that my mother was afraid that if I wore dresses I might turn into a homosexual. For a few years I thought I must be gay. But then there was a problem. I was attracted to girls. So I couldn't even do gay right.
Then I figured I was just a CD. But as the years go by I realize that I'm somewhere between a straight CDer and a transsexual. I just call myself transgendered. But I know that my family didn't make me this way. Now, like one of the other girls said, I consider my condition a gift. A gift that causes my wife grief but still a gift. I would never take a magic pill to change myself back to a normal. Who wants to be a normal? That's no fun. Leanne

victoriamwilliams1
10-26-2009, 03:35 PM
wearing plastic pants .

She would dress me in relations hand me downs , and I have pics of me as a child dressed in frilly dresses . No wonder I cross dress now !!!!

I then moved on to my mothers underwear , i wore her girdles , slips and nylons , and the thrill i got when dressed was fabulous.

I am now married and have been for 30 years, and despite periods of trying to not cross dress , i always weaken and return and enjoy it.

Betty

Almost my story my mother said the same things and I to wondered if that is true. I do know that for me it was my mothers comments even when shopping I was told "to bad your not a girl! theres more pretty things for girls than boys" so thats me.

Mandy60
10-26-2009, 03:44 PM
I started early too as my mum had small breasts she had special bras. I enjoyed sneaking in to her room and trying it on. It felt the feminine side of me come right out. It is hard to not be able to go out in public but I enjoy dressing up in private. I have gay friend that know what I do and he doesn't mind me wearing female clothes while watching movies at his place.

audreyinalbany
10-26-2009, 04:03 PM
I'll join the club that says their parents wanted a girl. I remember when my mom was pregnant with my sister ( I was 6 at the time) that my dad used to talk about how they had enough boys (I was youngest of three), and he hoped they'd have a girl this time.
I did try on some of my mom's stuff before my sister came along though. I can remember trying on her stockings and girdles and clip-on earings even before I started school, so I must have been four or so...

Alana Lucerne
10-26-2009, 04:10 PM
A number of years ago I saw a man in a gay pride parade bearing a placard that said "my mother made me a homosexual". Beside him was another fellow with a sign that said "if I buy the wool, will she make me one too?".

I don't know what the causes are, or if someone or something is to blame. If you can call it blame. I am not sure it matters. It won't make any difference to me if one thing or the other is the cause. All that is important is how we deal with it.

Alana

Falkelover
10-26-2009, 04:13 PM
I feel good about being a man, and feel like I want the best of both worlds. If there is a latent female inside me, she seems satisfied by wearing panties, hose and maybe a camisole - under regular casual attire, almost every day. There is no doubt in my mind that I have been "hard-wired" since birth with this desire to feel feminine. I don't know if I'm just kidding myself - maybe this means something much more.

Marcie R.
10-26-2009, 04:26 PM
wearing plastic pants .

Betty

Hi Betty, I think that your situation is a mirror image of mine. My mother thought she was going to have a baby girl, but much to her surprise I arrived. She had only purchased frilly clothes for a little girl so that is how she passed me off in the beginning. As I grew a little older ( two to three years) she continued to dress me as a little girl. I didn't know any difference, and loved my frilly clothes.As time went on she felt that it was important to change me into a little boy. At first I rebelled but finally gave in.

In later years I was still attracted to feminine clothing, so, every opportunity I had, I would slip into something of the opposite sex. The feeling never left. I love crossdressing and also think I was born to do it.:hugs:
Marcie R.

Hali
10-28-2009, 07:20 AM
I cant remember clearly what made me a CD but one thing i know is that i never fit into the stereo type male image, i was always myself i like playing foot ball and wrestling around with my friends though i was smart enough to avoid extremely rough games that may cause an injury. At the same time still like to play with dolls and spend sometime with the girls gist with them and play dress up as well, this happened as far back as i can remember.

One major thing i can vividly remember is that i was vain and my mum use to complain that i like looking at the mirror and admire myself right from the beginning, which force me to wear some dark lip liner to enhance my lips and eyes.

Yes and as i mentioned in some threads that my sister use to dress me up very often and wished i was her little sister.

tammie
10-30-2009, 12:13 AM
Hi All: Well I have no idea if I was born a CDer

but I know the exact date I decided to devote myself to wearing brassieres and panties and being a sissy.

I was a self conscious 14yo boy with tits

and a pretty young woman touched my arm, smiled and got so close I could smell her perfume when she whispered in my ear

That my tits were as big as hers and I should be wearing a bra.

A week later I saw my older sisters black lace underwire 36B bra on the floor and I picked it up and tried it on.

I put my arms thru the straps leaned forward (as I had watched my mother) and fastened the band behind me .

As I nestled my little boi titties into those lace cups I almost feinted from the intensity of the sensations.

I looked in the mirror and I was wearing a bra full of tits and looked great and I had tits like a young woman and I loved it

So in that instant I knew I would wear bras forever and be a sissy man in lingerie.

Fab Karen
10-30-2009, 05:24 AM
As the witch said:
SURRENDER DOROTHY

LaurenB
10-30-2009, 06:58 AM
Well I'm pretty sure the wiring was preinstalled in my case (to use a more male analogy). In fact, I suspect everyone has most of the wiring present at birth. I think a variety of chemical (hormones) and experiential (learning and feedback) occurences just connect the wiring to the fuse panel and voila the pink lights go on.

Now that I've used that analogy, I actually don't like it. I've always thought that CDing was just an outward expression of a very deep characteristic central to my personality. It's not something I created or was trained into me. It's there and for all the times I have tried to ignore it or act like it doesn't exist, there's not getting around the fact that it is part of me - like my brown eyes.

In reality, the older I get the more thankful, believe it or not, I am for it. But that's another thread altogether.

Yes it's there from birth.
Lauren

Miranda09
10-30-2009, 07:04 AM
Don't know for sure, but since I've had these feelings ever since I was a kid, and am really feeling the urge now, I would say I was definitely programmed for this. Especially since when I do dress up, I have this overwhelming feeling of contentment, as if this was a completely normal thing for me to do...which, of course, it is!! :)

TonyaV
10-30-2009, 07:11 AM
I am almost certain I was. I honestly can't remember how early in life I started.

Ashlee
10-30-2009, 07:14 AM
I started with wearing pantyhose at like age 7. I didn't know why I wanted to then. I was born TG be it CD/TV whatever you call it, I didn't just decide to start wearing womens clothing and find people like us "normal", it's always been this way and I like it. I can't stop the urge and feel so comfortable when I do dress. I just wish I could express Ashlee more without repercussions but it is what it is.

jane_williams
10-30-2009, 07:37 AM
The Brady Bunch is responsible.

lavistaa62
10-30-2009, 11:42 AM
The concensous seems to be, and I'd have agree that it's inate- there's never been a time when I didn't want to do it, not doing is only because of the social consequences. It's the transformation that I wonder about- it's not crossdressing the sense of say a female wearing pants but rather the need to transform into a person (at least temporarily) with a different anatomy. Dressing is just a manifestation of this need to change our form. I have no desire to become a woman and I'm 100% heterosexual so what drives this is entirely confusing to me. It's not an addication but the need to do it is just as strong.

Samantha43
10-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Yes

I remember when I was a little boy and mom gave us our Easter outfits. I was so envious of my sisters little dress. I had to wear a stupid coat and tie.

I'm doing my best to make up for that now! :battingeyelashes:

jarts55
10-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Ok Jane. How is the Brady Bunch responsible?

joyce483
10-30-2009, 02:08 PM
i was about 12 years old when i started wearing my sisters clothes.

Rachel_Red
10-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Well in my mind I'm not sure anyone is born anything. I think fresh-from-the-mom babies are pure clean slates. See I can say this because I'm a twin and me and my brother are similar but also vastly differnt and I believe that its because differnt things came up in our lives. See my brother isn't a CDer at all, while I on the other hand 'am. Now what is the big difference you may ask? Well for one I grew close to my mother while he grew close to our father. In my younger years all of my friends were girls and his were boys.

These days my brother is a macho guy trying to become a police officer. I'm a freelance writer who has a thing for CDing. I was surrounded by more fem stuff and he was surrounded by more masculine stuff. When we play video games together I play girls he plays boys and thats how its always been (for a short while he played girls but he told me that "if I'm going to play a game all day I wana look at something hot," which wasn't the same reason I was doing it haha).

With that said I think everyone is born *blank* :straightface: and we can become more fem :battingeyelashes: or masculine :hwac:

:2c:

DeniseNJ
10-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Yes I was also born a cd , my eariest memories was putting on lipstick watching Sally Star about age 5-6 . It is unusual, my mother had a miscarriage before me and it was a girl and I am the youngest of 3 boys. She wanted a girl real bad . I was looking over some early pics of me and in one I was brushing the hair of a doll at about age 7. She dressed me up as Raggidy Ann not Andy for halloween once and put bright red lipstick on me.. I was so happy when she did that!!!

IngeInCO
10-30-2009, 06:41 PM
I remember trying on mom's things at about age 7 or so. I have gone through a few phases, still don't know how CD i am, but enjoying the moments I have.

Inge

MissyW
10-31-2009, 01:10 AM
I did start crossdressing at an early age. Born to be one? Maybe.. I am happy to play the cards I have been delt.

1danielle1
10-31-2009, 02:14 AM
For me, it wasnt' the same. I'm gay now, but never really felt gay earlier or in high school. I didn't look at other guys, and I didn't think that I should or shouldn't be looking at other guys, I just didn't. It wasn't a thought in my mind until college.
Now I'm out of college and my crossdressing has snuck up the same way. It was never anything that crossed my mind until I just saw a few images and read a few things over the past couple years, and it began slowly and has matured only recently. I'm 29 now, and probably never even thought about crossdressing until I was 27, but I LOVE IT. :battingeyelashes:
It seems so natural and fulfilling. Its made me pretty happy. In fact, I'm about as happy as I've ever been in my life (considering all things, not just the dressing). Now I just got to find someone else who feels the same. I'm single and would love to find another guy on here who loves to dress. :daydreaming:

And thats another thing; almost everyone here is straight. Do we have many other gay friends amongst our cds here?

Shananigans
10-31-2009, 02:37 AM
My SO, who is a CD, remembers a time that his mom walked into him and his brother's room to wake them up and when she pulled back his brother's covers, he was wearing a bra. We don't know if he still CD. But, it does seem to have implications with genetics, doesn't it?

sometimes_miss
11-05-2009, 06:09 AM
My SO, who is a CD, remembers a time that his mom walked into him and his brother's room to wake them up and when she pulled back his brother's covers, he was wearing a bra. We don't know if he still CD. But, it does seem to have implications with genetics, doesn't it?

Not necessarily. They were both brought up in the same environment, and in contact with the same people, so that could have a tremendous influence on them too. There are all kinds of outside factors during developmental stages can lead to permanent behavioral changes. I know it's much easier to simply put the responsibility on something concrete like genetic predisposition, but that's not always the case. Read my bio, if you wanted to create a crossdresser out of a normal kid, you couldn't find much of a better recipe. I didn't feel like I was supposed to be a girl until I was told that I was; from there on, it was just sort of a positive feedback loop. Years of that when your personality is forming can cause amazing things.

Stephanie Stephens
11-05-2009, 07:49 AM
I was borne naked.:2c:

AmberLynn
11-05-2009, 08:10 PM
I remember one time reading about an experiment some docter did. he took twin boys and raised one as a male and the other as a female. the one was aloud to play with truck's and boy's toy's and the other boy was given doll's and such. If i rember right the boy/dressed and rasied girl was not interested in the girls toy's but the boy's toy's. so as far as enviroment im on the fence as well as with nurturing. maybe be gentic's,i have heard my dad had odd tendecy's "not cding but other's"

now that i think about it,my wanting to live as a girl at that time was shortly after my father had abanded are family. hmmm, well as for being born only time and study will tell imop

CherylFlint
11-05-2009, 08:35 PM
The answer would be "Yes".

Pattie O
11-06-2009, 01:55 AM
I was born to be me and I have found that it involved crossdressing from an early age.I cant say whether it is just hormonal or genetic or environmental or all 3 together but it just feels normal to me when I get the chance to dress whether its underdressing or dressing fully.
Pattie:daydreaming::battingeyelashes: