PDA

View Full Version : You Most Embarrassing Moments Being READ!

KateSpade83
09-13-2009, 07:55 PM
People here can't beleive I pass so well and attract men, but they'll surely beleive my most embarrassing moments being Read!

Incidents -
1. Bowling Green KY Dillard's - got read in the skirt suit section when my femme voice slipped; they insisted that I had to try out the skirt suits in a man's dressing room. It was embarrasing being grilled by an old SA insisting I was a man. So I walked away and as I went down the elevator other women SA's gave me "the look." I was so fearful of going there back in drag. This was from my early days of going out.

2. Ross store, Houston - some guy had incredible gaydar or maybe he was an evil spirit possessed man who just read me and blurted out in the store for everyone to see, "That's a guy!" I slinked away to hide in the dresses. Then I found an outfit to try on but I successfully go in the women's fitting room only later to be kicked out when someone told the fitting room lady I was a guy. So I slink outta the store! Never went back to that store in drag ever again!

3. North Houston Shopping Mall - I wore my size 4 Pink St John outfit with a bodysuit underneath but it wasn't too good in the tuck; my tuck spilled a little and I just lost total confidence and it showed when I tried to get outta the mall; some teenage guys read me and gave a GOOD laugh and I just laughed at myself too! I'll never go out in this pink outfit again!

So for those who go out and pass or don't, what are you most embarrassing moments being read? Or maybe funny moments too!

5150 Girl
09-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Well,, I'm just starting to go out. The only thing I have to report is that I went to Denny's and a guy at the next table said to his family "I think that's a guy"
I felt a little awkward for a moment, but it was ok in the end

Karren H
09-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Funny... I remember a few times when I was definately read.. But I wasn't the one who got embarased! And I don't really care what others think, I don't pay attention to anyone who could be watching me... And just assume that everyone knows I'm guy......

And hell .......... I don't remember what I did yesterday let alone what I wore when someone got embarased because they saw a guy in a dress!!!! Hahahaha

SweetCaroline
09-14-2009, 08:14 PM
I generally don't worry about being read or not, since I just go out and be myself and don't really care how anyone else sees me.

I suppose one story I have from about a year ago, on the streets of Worcester. It was on there annual pride day. I was outside of the club where the big nightly party was going on, getting something to eat from one of the street vendors, when a pair of "straight" couples walked by. As they were passing one of the woman whispered to the other "Is that a guy in a dress?".

I actually took it as a compliment, since I was standing in front of a alternative lifestyle club, with the street decorated for Pride Day, and she still had to ask. She really couldn't put two and two together, so I guess I'm doing something right.

Terri Andrews
09-14-2009, 08:33 PM
I am out a lot and most days seem to get by,I think most are too busy with there own lives to noticed others .
My worst moment was at a department store I had just walked into the ladies room and there was a knock on the door and a clerk said"Sir you can`t use this restroom " . I left and never even looked at the clerk . It really affected me for a while and have not gone back to that store .

dilane
09-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Well, I tend to just forget and move on from negative experiences generally, but a couple come to mind.

Once way back when, on one of the first times I was out in public 20 years ago, with my wife, we went shopping at a department store, then out to dinner on Halloween. I was a lot younger, but not nearly as experienced, and had zero in the voice department, and close to zero in the deportment department. The weighter stifled a snicker as I ordered, poor guy just couldn't contain himself! He was otherwise polite.

Then about 10 years back, still a novitiate at going out, I was wearing an attention getting sundress in an outdoor mall in Santa Monica. I approached a group of five or six 20-somethings walking in the opposite direction. As we passed, a woman in the group looked me right in the eye. She was very attractive. Instead of simply meeting her gaze for a second and giving a little femme smile and moving on, I stared deeply back at her, in the male manner.

She then got a wide-eyed expression on her face and said "Well, Helllloooo, there!" My male eye-stare gave me away. As the group kept on walking, she said "That was a guy!" And a couple of the others said "No way! Really?"

Then a couple of years ago, a Hispanic tough-guy type walked by me in parking garage and said "Chingata!" quietly as he passed. Loosely translated: "one who is f*****."

I assume I'm read fairly often, but most people are pretty polite here in L.A.

Kari Lynn Franks
09-14-2009, 08:57 PM
I dress most of the time and weather im in guy mode or in full gurl mode I just dont really care what anyone says if i catch someone staring if im in the right mood ill look right at them and ask if there mother forgot to teach them its not polite to stare

trannie T
09-14-2009, 09:37 PM
I am 6'3" and 300# with a deep voice, I come no where close to passing but am constantly amazed at how few people actually take notice of me. Everytime when I am out and I hear someone laugh I fear that the laughter is directed at me but have observed that usually it is not. To develop some humility I really should go to the mall and hang around a pack of teenagers.

Jennifer in CO
09-14-2009, 10:09 PM
the very short story version...

Had a job to do in the foothills west of town. There is also a nice (usually) quiet park up there so I stopped and got a sub sandwich and drink then headed to the park. OBTW... I'm wearing a short black/white horizontal stripe crop top, micro mini, white 3" wedge sandals and...I still had my mustache. As anticipated, no one there when I get to the park so I walk down into the park and find a nice quiet picnic table to sit, eat, and read a book. I'm there maybe 5 minutes and a nice couple with a small child walk up and sit at the table about 30ft from me. This park has 5 acres of picnic tables and they pick that one. Oh well, I figure, I'll just go back the long way if they're still here when I need to leave. Within 20 minutes, there are probably at least 10 more people in the park, all between me and my car. So...I sit...and continue drinking my pop. My BIG pop. after about 45 minutes, the couple nearest me leaves. I'm now looking at needing the restroom REAL bad and there is a family with 4 small children at the table NEXT to the johns. I finally give up and head to the johns, cover my face with the book, and make it into the ladies without much problem. Little boy trys to get me to wave...a book covering my face in one hand, pop in the other, shoulder purse sliding down my arm...yeah...I'm gonna wave.

Through there, I decide I should just leave. There is another family sitting at the table in front of my car. Did I mention this was a QUIET, usually DESERTED park? THIS IS A TUESDAY in mid May for crying out loud!!! I go a bit of a round about way to the car, go to open it and realize that all this time I didn't get the keys out. I put my purse on the roof (still holding the pop) and trying to cover my face with the book with one hand while I get the keys out with the other and I knock the purse on the ground and most of it spills...and a car is pulling up to park in the spot NEXT to my car and is waiting while I pick up my stuff...and I dropped the book. I find the keys, pick everything up (now with two hands - who cares anymore) get in my car and drive away looking at the dropped jaw of the woman in the car who was pulling in next to me like she'd seen a ghost or something. I stopped about 2 miles down the road on a side street and just sat there for about 5 minutes and had a good cry....

wasn't funny then....hillarious now!!

Jenn

NathalieX66
09-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Why can't any body just dress up and not worrying about passing?
For me, I'm spending a fair amount of cash for outfits & accoutrements and dressing up for Oct 31, and I hope people debate whether I am a guy or girl, which is the fun of it, and all is what it's all about .
I think, IMHO, that deciding whether to pass or not, is a transsexual issue.
I *have* seen TSs, with the full facial feminization , which is very believable and convincing, yet the male pelvis is still there. Most female physiques are NOT the same because their pelvis' are not the same as male proportions..... women's femurs have this incredible ability to twist in directions that male femurs cannot. All I'm, saying is you have to be very drunk, and perhaps stupid to realize that you are not talking to a real girl.

Rhonda Jean
09-14-2009, 10:25 PM
I get read frequently. Actually, there have been times I've been read that have led to wonderful encounters! 25+ years ago, it was a different story. I had been going out for a few years. Back then I was frequently mistaken for a woman when I wasn't dressed, so the first time I KNEW I had been read when dressed as a woman was completely shocking and scary.

I had rolled my bra-strap-length hair, done my best makeup, polished my nails, and was wearing a skirt suit and heels. My plan was to go to the local mall. I stopped at McDonalds on the way. The girl behind the counter's eyes bugged out whin I walked in and she retreated to the back to tell her co-workers. Everyone was peeking around the racks to take a look. About that time two cowboy-types and their girlfriends walked in. She took my order and I went around the corner to eat. She told the cowboys, "Be careful over there, there's a guy dressed like a woman!" I was really afraid to walk back by them to leave, but nothing was said. I didn't go to the mall. I went home and took a critical look at myself. I had no idea how she knew. It was a while before I regained my courage to go out.

Miss Anthropic
09-14-2009, 11:30 PM
.... Back then I was frequently mistaken for a woman when I wasn't dressed.....

That brings up another topic, being read as a girl when it's not a good time at all.

I used to get read as a girl 90% of the time when not dressed which was great most of the time except when I was with my father or in the guys bathroom, there were a few times groups of guys tried to start trouble and it scared the crap out of me. Luckily nothing ever happened.

Geez, my ex girlfriend would get so pissed when I got read as a girl.... first sign we needed to part company.

flic
09-15-2009, 04:31 AM
I guess i've had a couple of incidents really,,,once when i was still at uni, i went over to the uni library to pick some books up,,,it was really quiet so i didnt feel too bad about going in (i was young and nervous at this time!), walked past a girl with loooads of perfume on, got up my nose and i let out a huuuuge sneeze causing everyone there to stare right at me. Made me feel a little bit scrutinized that's for sure! The second time was at the first pride event at my uni town. Keeping in mind it's a fair way from my home town,,,i was determined to have fun, i'd spent the entire month before hand stressing about it! I went to the bar, came out the door and walked literally straight into a boy from my old school. He didn't notice who i was at all until my gf (who went to the same school) strolled out behind me. Ha, it was odd to see the cogs slowly working in his mind!
x flic x

ashcrimson
09-15-2009, 10:18 AM
I dont think its that hard to see Im a guy I mean, I think its impossible to mistake me for a woman if youd see me completely considering my build, so I guess I do get stares everyday??? At times to my confusion some people do address me as a woman but well I dont know, maybe they just didnt really see enough of me, I mean come on.

I guess the last one was when I was with my mom shopping for clothes in the womens and I was wearing this tight shirt-thing its hard to describe, and an ankle length skirt this group with 2 teenage boys with their parents I think passed by and one of them said out loud 'oh great a gay guy' or something like that. I wanted to reply, 'oh great an ill-bred asshole'

flic, youre so pretty. Bow, hair and face ~ so cute

flic
09-15-2009, 02:38 PM
aww thanks ashcrimson,,,that's so sweet!!! you made my day!
x flic x

JiveTurkeyOnRye
09-15-2009, 03:27 PM

I couldn't agree more. Granted, I take it to the opposite extreme since 95% of the time I spend dressed in women's clothes in public I do entirely as a "man in a skirt" but I really think that in a lot of cases passing is overrated.

I understand that an aspect of being transgendered is wanting to look and feel female, but I guess for me even when I did dress more like a woman, I had to accept certain things like my gut and my shoulders were not going to go away (well, I'm working on the gut!) and that I shouldn't be ashamed of who I was: a crossdresser.

I went to the mall recently in girl mode for an article I'm working on and I know without a doubt that not one single person that I encountered thought I was a GG, I did not pass. But I looked good and I was confident and I had a good time, because I was out wearing the clothes I liked and that was what was more important.

So I don't understand the feeling of being mortified at being "read." You're transgendered, you're a crossdresser, be proud of it and don't worry that most people know it.

Crave2bwife
09-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Hello Kate I bought panties at that same Dilliards more than a few times. But unlike you never fully dressed. Being from that area I can understand the SA being as they were to you. I am sorry you got that treatment.

ArleneRaquel
09-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Embarrassing ! sorry really cant think of any, except for the time I opened my front door to the UPS man, fully enfemme ( me NOT him ) and he addressed me as sir

I had scary time about two years ago when I went out enfemme, dressed for a late Spring night, to mail some bills, at 9:30 ish on a Saturday night. As I waited for the street light to change a car load of young men ( age 20ish ) read me and called me " fag " and other things. I was scared to death and ran home, I am sure that I wasnt wearing heels, so the run was not too bad. :battingeyelashes:

sherri52
09-25-2009, 06:12 PM
My worst moment was when I was purchasing some feminine items for my So. My son who was 24 at the time was with me ( I was in drab ). Although My son knew of my dressing, it didn't go over well when the SA asked if he was my husband. Needless to say my son stormed out of the store vowing never to shop with me again. I guess our problem as cd's we know to much on femme products.

PetiteDuality
09-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Then a couple of years ago, a Hispanic tough-guy type walked by me in parking garage and said "Chingata!" quietly as he passed. Loosely translated: "one who is f*****."

:D:D:D

Actually "chingada" in that context would translate to "what the f***" or "holy f***". It's a "surprise" expression :D:D:D

Hope
09-25-2009, 08:23 PM
For me, I'm spending a fair amount of cash for outfits & accoutrements and dressing up for Oct 31, and I hope people debate whether I am a guy or girl, which is the fun of it, and all is what it's all about .
I think, IMHO, that deciding whether to pass or not, is a transsexual issue.
I *have* seen TSs, with the full facial feminization , which is very believable and convincing, yet the male pelvis is still there. Most female physiques are NOT the same because their pelvis' are not the same as male proportions..... women's femurs have this incredible ability to twist in directions that male femurs cannot. All I'm, saying is you have to be very drunk, and perhaps stupid to realize that you are not talking to a real girl.

While I don't really understand the desire to be a man in a dress, I can fully understand that you are comfortable with that and refrain from suggesting there is something wrong with it, or wrong with you for being comfortable with that. Similarly I don't think it is inappropriate to ask you to, if not understand, at least not imply that the desire to pass is somehow misguided or foolish.

Your comments about transexuals ("you have to be very drunk, and perhaps stupid") are particularly startling and lacking in compassion considering this is a cross-dresser forum and not, say, a WWF forum.

tricia_uktv
09-26-2009, 07:08 AM
Walking down a side street I passed a group of children playing. They were about five or six. I smiled at them and carried on walking. A few seconds later I heard some little steps behind me and got tapped on the backside. I turned round to see a little girl looking at me.
"Excuse me, but your not a real girl are you?"
I put my finger to my lips.
"Ssshh, don't tell anybody" and winked.
I walked on, she rushed back to her friends.
As I was turning the corner I heard a voice shouting out,
"I've told someone!"
Ha-ha, how sweet

Carol A
09-26-2009, 08:25 AM
I was ask to leave a JC Pennys store and was told "we don't cater to your kind".

Nicole Brown
09-26-2009, 08:46 AM
I can only remember a single incident that I was read and it was embarrassing, however it was not really embarrassing to me. I normally don't get embarrassed if I am read, just doesn't bother me any longer. I was in a Sears store and had just purchased a couple of pairs of tights. Next, was a stop in the tool department to pick up a tool that I needed. As I entered the tool department I passed a man and his maybe 10 year old son. As I walked over to the rack where the tool I needed was located, I heard the man say to his son, "don't ever grow up to be a fag like that". I just ignored this 'gentlemen' and continued making my purchase, but I felt really bad for the little boy who seemed to be embarrassed by his father's comment.

Nicole

carrie-ann
09-26-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm still geting better at dressing and make-up so I don't pass at all but its the chalage of getting better at it I just smile and go on. I look at it this away I was talking to the sa at dillards I told her she was lucky weman were born with it she laughed and said we have to learn too. So at 50 I'm a little girl mode tring to learn. lol

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-26-2009, 11:45 AM
We were at Perkins having a birthday dinner for me. We were seated and waiting for our waitress to come back to take our orders. Well my two companions Karen and Jacqui are somewhat more passable than me and look good from a short distance away. Well anyway a younger male waiter, I guess saw a couple of pretty women from the kitchen area and came over to ask if we needed anything. He came over and when he stopped and looked closer at all three of us, he just froze up and after a short moment of saying nothing, he sputtered out that our waitress will be with us shortly. We all had a good laugh when he walked away.

In fact Karen and I sort of think it's funny to see the reactions of people, why get upset about it, just accept it. The way I look at it, I won't be 100% passable for a long time but if my friends and people I care about can accept me I'm okay.

Kimberly Marie Kelly :battingeyelashes:

JennyS.
09-26-2009, 12:44 PM
I went into a convience store once fully dressed. There was a man standing behind me, he tapped me on the shoulder. "Sir, aren't you the same guy that took pictures of my son's wedding?" Yikes! He read me and recognized me. I fibbed and said in my best female voice, "pictures? I only take pictures of my family". I skeedatilled after that.