PDA

View Full Version : Scary Shopping Experience

sissystephanie
09-15-2009, 10:55 AM
This past Saturday, I was doing some grocery shopping in preperation for a family dinner at my house. I generally shop at my local Kroger store, where my ex son-in-law works. Of course, I only shop there in drab! My granddaughter also works for Kroger, different store, and I never shop there! Too far away.

Anyway, on Saturday I was shopping, in a completely different Kroger as Stephanie, totally feminine, except for no wig and no makeup. I had made all my selections and was waiting in line at a checkout. Suddenly I heard this familar voice say, "Aren't you in the wrong store?" I turned around and there was my Grandaughter!!:censor: She does not know (at least as far as I know) that I am a CD! I thought, boy am I in for it now! She will ask why am I wearing a skirt and low cut deep V-neck top that shows off my boobs? And she will tell everybody else. The only one in my family that knows about my CD'ing, now that my wife has passed on, is my daughter and she won't tell anyone. But my darling granddaughter just told me she was taking inventory at that store because she is part of a rotating inventory crew. Never said one word about how I was dressed, or why I was dressed like that. And at the dinner party she also never said one word about our meeting. Gotta love that girl!! BTW, she is in her early 30's, so not a little girl! The episode did give me a good scare!!

Vieja
09-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Hi Sissy. So you thought only your daughter knew. If you didn't tell then she must have. Either that or you look too much like yourself when you were enfemme and were recognized. Oh well apparently no harm done.

Vieja

victoriamwilliams1
09-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Scary but interesting:) She sounds like a very nice Grand-Daughter:)

Miranda09
09-15-2009, 11:20 AM
It sounded like your heart skipped a beat!!! Well, at least your granddaughter is very respectful of her grandfather. Says alot about you..doesn't it!!! :)

Rhonda Jean
09-15-2009, 12:21 PM
You sound pretty relaxed about it now. I think I'd have to take a pill! Whether you wanted to be or not, you're out now. Sounds like it's time for a talk, and by the way she reacted, sounds like it'll go extremely well. She had the option of pretending not to see you. Instead, she just came up and sai hi. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Tina B.
09-15-2009, 12:40 PM
When ever you out dressed, you have to remember "it's a small world after all". Good thing if you had t be caught by a family member, you got the right one, Treat that girl good!
Tina B.

JulieC
09-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Suddenly I heard this familar voice say, "Aren't you in the wrong store?" I turned around and there was my Grandaughter!!:censor:

BALTIMORE (AP) - A recent study done by a well respected group of psychologists has determined the leading cause of death among in-public crossdressers is cardiac arrest brought on by sudden, unexpected exposure to acquaintances.

:eek:

Ms Mira
09-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Sounds like that worked out pretty well. Sometimes life isn't so complicated.

RADER
09-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Did you know that Sunday was Grandperants day, Well you got an early present girl. :)

sissystephanie
09-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Hi Sissy. So you thought only your daughter knew. If you didn't tell then she must have. Either that or you look too much like yourself when you were enfemme and were recognized. Oh well apparently no harm done. Vieja

Since I don't wear a wig or any makeup when out dressed, I certainly do look like myself! I doubt if my daughter told anybody, she and I are very close!! You are right though, no harm done! My Granddaughter is a little on the weird side herself, in clothing and other things. So maybe she did not think my femme clothing was odd!

It sounded like your heart skipped a beat!!! Well, at least your granddaughter is very respectful of her grandfather. Says alot about you..doesn't it!!! :)

Miranda, thank you for your statement! Yes, my heart did skip a beat! Thank God for my pacemaker!

I also have a Granddaughter-in-law (married to my Grandson). Last year at Thanksgiving, which was at my house, she was complaining to me that she had no grandparents since they had all died. I turned to her and said,"what the heck am I, chopped liver?" She asked me what I meant. I said, "You are married to my Grandson, that makes you my Granddaughter!" She started crying and threw herself into my arms and told me that was the nicest thing anybody had ever said to her! I told her that I was raised to regard family as all important and it didn't matter whether the person was a blood relative or by marriage, they were all the same. Both my Granddaughters respect me and treat me well, because that is how I treat them.

Samantha Girl
09-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Stephanie you are so lucky to have such a loving family. My heart would've jumped outta my chest! :p Most of the people in my family are very negative. Your granddaughter is very sweet. Speaking of sweet that was so nice what you did for your Granddaughter-in-law, You're an awesome lady! :D