PDA

View Full Version : Is looking good a confidence booster?

TrekGirl1701
09-15-2009, 12:54 PM
It's like looking for a needle in a haystack searching for a men's style that suits me. I actually still haven't found it. I've tried many, but I always find myself looking at the female sections in fashion catalogs and just loving all of it. Whatever I do settle with as far as male fashion goes it's always a downer.

Then I realized this today, but when I'm crossdressing I'm wearing what I want to wear, which means I think I look good, which means I'm more confident about myself. I tried on my near-complete Halloween costume and I felt so happy with how I looked. I know it sounds vain to rely on looks for happiness, but it certainly doesn't hurt. Most people don't have that problem because they have confidence in themselves. They wear what they want to wear so looking good just comes natural to them and it's never a problem.

But I've always had this fear about dressing the way I want to dress and that's because I grew up thinking it was wrong. That added guilt, which in turn made me an introvert. But my first trip in public dressed up will be in late October and I'm positive the experience will give me a much needed boost in confidence. :)

Miranda09
09-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Personally I feel that if you look good, in your eyes, then your confidence will be that much higher. As for clothing, I agree. Male clothes are so boring while women's clothing has a much greater variety of expression and fashion. No wonder women love to shop and guys generally don't!! :)

Nicole Brown
09-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Yup, Miranda hit the old nail right on the head as she usually does. Our confidence is always going to be higher if we look good and we like what we see when we look at ourselves.

But if you want a real confidence boost, try this. Don't wait for the end of October to go our for the first time, do it today or tomorrow or next week, but don't wait for the day when everyone is out in costume. Confidence is built when we do something different, something we wouldn't ordinarily do and we do it for ourselves.

I remember the first time I went out dressed as Nicole, I was scared witless and shaking so hard that I almost fell off my heels. But I went out and what a rush it was and what a confidence boost it was. So I tried it again the next evening and enjoyed it even more because I wasn't as scared and up went my confidence a little more.

It is now over two years since my first time out and now I go out whenever I choose. I don't worry about going out, I just go and enjoy myself. Try it, you'll like it.... And you'll also discover what a confidence boost really is...

Nicole

Phyliss
09-15-2009, 02:47 PM
True, "guy" clothes can be boring, ... I mean, just how much can you do with a sport jacket, pants, shirt, and tie? Vary the color combinations somewhat, but still you have the same cut of garment.

I can do the "suit" thing fairly well and feel good about it. (I'd really want to be wearing a dress, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do) ...That said, ... I figure if I have to wear a suit I may as well pull it off like I enjoy it.

Just another way of CDing.

I may not be the most handsome person or the most beautiful one in the group, BUT if I feel confident about myself then some of that will carry over to what I'm wearing at the time, either his or hers clothes.

We've heard and read it at least a thousand times, "clothes don't make the person"

Now it might be a bit difficult to carry that off when wearing a skirt in a mall and a million eyes are on you, ... that's how you learn confidence. sorta like "trial by makeup" ... er fire.

Summer
09-15-2009, 05:00 PM
The truth be told, men's clothing is not very interesting. Sorta of ho hmmm.
Looking good is a state of mind. If your mind want to be happy then you will no matter what your wearing.
I for one only have women clothes. Most are very plain, the every day wear.
Smile and be happy don't let you clothes tell your story.:)
Summer

Alice B
09-15-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm lucky in two aspects. My wife has great taste and buys me shirts, etc that really look good on me when I'm in male mode and my taste is pretty good also. I buy my female atire and feel I do a decent job at that also. So no matter how I'm dressed I feel good about myself.

TGMarla
09-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Is looking good a confidence booster?

Heck yeah.

sherri52
09-15-2009, 08:08 PM
I didn't have to read the thread to know the answer Absolutly Even those with confidence get some of thier confidence in lookin good

Karren H
09-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Don't really know..... I have always had tons of confidence and have yet to achieve a good enough look to bolster anything... sigh...... on the other hand.... besides five fingers.... I know form experience that look bad sucks... lol

Chiana
09-15-2009, 09:58 PM
I dressed for Halloween a couple of years ago and received some amazing compliments. I can tell you that those compliments certainly did boost my confidence. And I felt that the compliment givers were completely sincere. On the other hand, I could care less about guy cloths or how I look when in drab. But on the rare occasion when I have made the effort to dress nicely, I did receive compliments but I knew that they really weren't sincere.

Now if I looked half as good as Karen, I would be brimming over with confidence.

Kathi Lake
09-15-2009, 11:05 PM
To me, looking good isn't really a confidence-booster - which is great as I'm kind of a dog.

For me, feeling good is a confidence-booster! When I smooth on those hose, zip up that skirt, put on my makeup and slip on those pumps, I feel great!! When I feel great, my confidence is at stratospheric levels. Life is indeed good!

Kathi

sterling12
09-15-2009, 11:32 PM
No, looking bad, looking like weirdo's in dresses, that is what builds our confidence.....of course we all live in "Upside-Down Land!"

I'll assume you wanted us to amplify on this subject. You really didn't expect to have someone give you a serious negative answer...did you?

Peace and Love, Joanie

Sammy777
09-16-2009, 12:40 AM
Is looking good a confidence booster?

I don't know? But tell me......
How many sad sack super models do you know? :D

DAVIDA
09-16-2009, 05:40 AM
My answer to the question:
If you aren't more confident, you should be!
As for men's clothing, I couldn't care less. But,Jean does! She likes me to look good in male clothes. She says that sometimes I look like a "rag-a-muffit"! (her word)