PDA

View Full Version : Why do women not wear slips anymore?

bettysmith
09-16-2009, 12:38 PM
I became a cross dresser because I couldnt resist the soft silky look of my mums slips , and couldnt wait to try one on .
Once on , I was in heaven , no turning back for me , I was hooked .
I always wear a slip when I dress up , the feel next to nylons is fabulous !

However , my wife rarely wears a slip , and by all acounts nor do her friends ??

Betty

Stephanie Miller
09-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi Betty,
I guess most of the reason lies in that fact that you don't need to wear a slip with pants! :lol2: (So few wear dress's anymore. Sad isn't it?)

Really though, Nowadays dresses are made of materials that aren't as "clingy" or they have built in slips already. It use to be a problem with static cling caused by the dress material against the nylons. But few wear nylons anymore so it's just material to skin. Very little static.

I'm like you though. Lets pray to the "Static gods" to boost their power - we need more static to bring back slips! :bs:

TNRobin
09-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Really though, Nowadays dresses are made of materials that aren't as "clingy" or they have built in slips already. It use to be a problem with static cling caused by the dress material against the nylons. But few wear nylons anymore so it's just material to skin. Very little static.

Nuts, I some profound advice, but you beat me to it.:tongueout

claire2454
09-16-2009, 01:18 PM
like most girls i like to wear a slip half or full, but as things have moved on and the fact that most skirts or dresses are fully lined. just like the dress i bought the other day it is fully lined. also most of my skirts are as well. :2c:

bettysmith
09-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Its a shame , because a little slip showing looks so sexy !!

Betty

Ralph
09-16-2009, 02:36 PM
I think a little slip showing looks sleazy, but to each his own.

Rhonda Jean
09-16-2009, 03:00 PM
I've never been really big on slips and only wear them when necessary. I do like the visual, though, of a slip as a state of semi-undress. I liked seeing my ex wife in one. One of my favorite moments from yeas ago was she and I at a hotel, sharing a double vanity getting ready to go out. Both of us in our bras and panties and white lacey slips, doing our hair amd makeup side by side in the big mirror. Even our nails matched. Seemed like a bonding moment to me, and I thought her. Guess not.

PheonaP
09-16-2009, 03:16 PM
My SO always wears a slip with a dress (full length) or a skirt (half slip or full length). she wouldn't go out without one.

Karren H
09-16-2009, 03:19 PM
I did a poll earlier this year on the makeup forum I mod and almost to a tee the women there said slips were dead and they haven't worn one since their grandmothers made them wear one to church when they were young.. So where are all those grandmothers when we really need them most?? Lol.

Tamara Croft
09-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Slips are for grannys in the 1950's... it ain't the 1950's and we've moved on from wearing them... besides.. they're lame :raspp:

JulieC
09-16-2009, 03:23 PM
I have slips, and love the feel of them. But honestly, I rarely wear them unless the skirt/dress really demands it.

Lisa Gordon
09-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Liz Taylor looked great in a slip in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."

Lisa

TGMarla
09-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Slips are for grannys in the 1950's... it ain't the 1950's and we've moved on from wearing them... besides.. they're lame :raspp:

Not!

Besides, what would a woman know about it anyway? :tongueout

Fact is, some dresses require one, others don't. Some of mine are so sheer, not wearing a slip with it would be akin to running around nekkid, and uh....trust me, we don't want that! But if a dress is lined, wearing a slip is like wearing a raincoat over a wetsuit. Just not necessary. I'd rather have the slip than the liner, though, depending on the garment. Wool skirts, for instance are often lined, and that's really the way they need to be.

(But ya just gotta love all that wonderful lace!)

StephanieH
09-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Full slips can be quite sexy, but as others have said, most new dresses and skirts simply don't need them because they're lined. My wife wears a half slip sometimes with certain outfits, but not all that often. :)

Kate Simmons
09-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Some do, some don't. It's a personal choice and as Tamara said some gals think they are lame. Some dresses have built in slips or liners as Stephanie said, so an extra under garment is not necessary. Also, sometimes they are just downright impractical.:battingeyelashes::)

Di
09-16-2009, 04:46 PM
To each their own I say:D
If you enjoy them wear them...why concern yourself if others do not...

Laura_Stephens
09-16-2009, 06:21 PM
I was htinking that GG's don't wear them because everyone here bought the entire supply out and there ain't any to be had. :battingeyelashes:

Elle1946
09-16-2009, 07:12 PM
We are just old fashioned, so what the heck, live and enjoy it.

MistyCD
09-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Nothing compares to the feeling of a pure silk slip against your body, Ah Heaven !!!!:):):)

charlytuna
09-16-2009, 08:16 PM
I love to walk around in a slip and when I get dress in full I wear one and when all nightie are dirty I wear one to bed I fell so sexy in one though my wife dosen't understand why I like slips so much she dosen't

ReineD
09-16-2009, 08:18 PM
I wear one to bed. It is so pretty it doesn't want anything to cover it! :)

sherri52
09-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I have to agree with Stephanie. The days of static cling are about over, so the don't need them as much. The only reason women use slips now is because thier dress is too sheer to be without.

Missy Anne
09-16-2009, 08:56 PM
At last count I think I have about 35+ so I guess I would come down on the slip-lover side.

The good news for me is that a lot of GG's must be giving them away to the re-uzit shops. They are old, elegant and sensual!

Missy Anne

Rebecca Jayne
09-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Slips are classy
Soft
Feminine
Sexy
Alluring
Gentle to the touch

Full of secrets

Not found in

Spandex and Jogging bras

Rachel Morley
09-16-2009, 09:42 PM
As others have said, a case of "modern technology" I guess, what with new materials in skirts and hose etc, it's no longer required to make the skirt "hang properly" or because of clinging. I personally own one waist slip ..... but never wear it :straightface:

Tora
09-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Tamara, maybe the thrill has worn off for GG's and Slips. I love the feel of a nylon full slip. I have a few 18" full slips that I wear with panties and pantyhose, underdressed at work. Nice feeling.

LindaTS
09-17-2009, 07:42 AM
I suppose that I'm one of the old fashion gals but I wear a slip every day that I wear a skirt or dress. This is about 95% of the time.

KarenSusan
09-17-2009, 08:10 AM
I wear a slip even when the skirt or dress is lined. What's the harm?

LisaElizabeth
09-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Slips are NOT dead! Just walk through WalMart, Target, Sears, J.C.Penney, Victoria's Secret or your favorite lingerie shop!! They are there! Half in various lengths, full slips, plain and very lacey!
I needed one last year for a Medieval Lady Costume, it was unlined, no problem! Walked into WalMart, came out with a white full slip! Even in my size 18-20!
My wife has 4-5 slips that she uses under her unlined skirts. She hasn't used a full slip in ages, but that is because most of the time she likes to mix and match her skirts and tops.
As an Office Manager, she dresses up every day! Only wears pants when it's cold out or we are going to a car show!!
Huggs,
Lisa E

Jilmac
09-17-2009, 09:31 AM
I remember my mom and sisters wearing full slips under their dresses and skirts. I also loved the feel of a slip against my legs but what I enjoyed most was the feeling of the nylon slip and the nylon panties swishing as I walked or "slipping" as I sat. I used to do the laundry for my family and don't recall seeing any slips from my wife or my daughters in the hamper. My wife had slips for special occasions but I doubt my daughters even knew they existed. I still have a nice collection of half slips and wear them even if the dress or skirt has one built in.

kristinacd55
09-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Betty,
That's because it's so old fashioned. My wife even handed down her last 1/2 slip to me awhile back. I was thrilled!! :)

Kari Lynn Franks
09-17-2009, 09:36 AM
gee i havent stoped to think about wearing a slip in a long time. i have 4 or 5 cute ones but they have been buried for quite a while

JulieC
09-17-2009, 01:23 PM
[COLOR="Blue"]Slips are NOT dead! Just walk through WalMart, Target, Sears, J.C.Penney, Victoria's Secret or your favorite lingerie shop!! They are there! Half in various lengths, full slips, plain and very lacey!

Bingo. People might say slips are unpopular, they never wear them, no modern lady would be caught dead wearing one, etc.

The reality?

If they didn't sell, the major chains wouldn't sell them anymore. But, they do. Obviously they sell. People aren't buying them to take up closet space, so obviously they are being worn.

mskanuchi
09-17-2009, 03:04 PM
I love the feel of slips, full legnth, especially as a comfort item after dinner, watching TV. The wife and I have recently bought matching ones, and the price was very reasonable. I think I'll wear mine tonight, she always snuggles with me when I do.

Maxi
09-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Walmart, Target, Sears, JC Penny, discontinued slips in store about 6 months ago. Kmart still has a limited number.

Abby
09-17-2009, 03:25 PM
I like to wear a bra and panties and a slip while at home. A very comfortable trio while lounging or doing household chores.:o

Jaclyn NM
09-17-2009, 03:44 PM
I don't know why they don't wear slips, any more than I don't know why they don't wear stockings. I guess they don't get the same sensual feeling from this clothing as we do, and all I can say is it's a shame. Here we are who would love to wear these articles of clothing everyday, but are denied this opportunity because of society, and yet many females today choose not to wear them. I guess the old adage that life isn't fair applies here.

bridget jones
09-18-2009, 12:17 AM
I remember wearing my mothers slips and I loved the way it felt against my nylon covered shaved legs when I was a teen. I believe this thread has motivated me to purchase my own slips as I remember how I loved the feel.

ArleneRaquel
09-18-2009, 12:18 AM
I love the feel of a slip against my body. :battingeyelashes:

windycissy
09-18-2009, 12:49 AM
They're fun, I have a few, but I only wear 'em with an unlined skirt or dress...speaking of old school, my latest kick is knee sox, so cute with a short skirt!

Bev06 GG
09-18-2009, 02:09 AM
Bingo. People might say slips are unpopular, they never wear them, no modern lady would be caught dead wearing one, etc.

The reality?

If they didn't sell, the major chains wouldn't sell them anymore. But, they do. Obviously they sell. People aren't buying them to take up closet space, so obviously they are being worn.

Tee hee you got a point but me thinks there are alot of CDs out there buying them cause not one of my friends would do and I can't remember the last time I had to wear one. They were worn for practical reasons and because modern garments dont call for one now I suppose most people think why bother.
On the subject of stockings, well I used to wear them all the time because they were more comfortable than tights, but now they have invented pull ups why wear an uncomfortable suspender belt.

I know you ladies think its sad, but you got to remember that women dont always feel like dressing just to please men. And ladies, if I came on here and started going on about how men dont wear suits any more and thats really sad youd not be best pleased with me. I love to see a smart guy dressed in a two or three peice it really turns my head, but hey if they choose to wear lingerie instead thats fine by me.
take care
bev

LisaElizabeth
09-18-2009, 07:33 AM
Maxi,
Then the stores haven't told the ones here in the midwest of the decision. They were proudly displayed in our local WalMart last night when I ran through for some cough medicine for my wife.

Walmart, Target, Sears, JC Penny, discontinued slips in store about 6 months ago. Kmart still has a limited number.

carrie-ann
09-18-2009, 08:31 AM
I remember when they were a must. I love them but I don't have any. I don't have any thing that needs them maybe in the future. I'll cross that bridge when I get a dress that needs one.

JulieC
09-18-2009, 09:46 AM
I don't know why they don't wear slips, any more than I don't know why they don't wear stockings. I guess they don't get the same sensual feeling from this clothing as we do, and all I can say is it's a shame. Here we are who would love to wear these articles of clothing everyday, but are denied this opportunity because of society, and yet many females today choose not to wear them. I guess the old adage that life isn't fair applies here.

Stockings and pantyhose both are actually making a small rebound. It's not a big rebound, but women are beginning to realize bare legs aren't as sexy, attractive and comfortable as the movie/TV stars made it out do be. Fashion runways are seeing more sheer hosiery now too. The decline of hosiery is over. It will be a very, very long time before hosiery is ubiquitous as it was in the 70s again, if ever, but the decline is over.

Karen43
09-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Always wear slip with skirts and my legs would not feel right without pantyhose!!

Niya W
09-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm wondering who is buy all of those slips. I think I don't know a single GG/CD/TS that wears a slip.

Sarah_GG
09-18-2009, 11:31 AM
I love to see a smart guy dressed in a two or three peice it really turns my head, but hey if they choose to wear lingerie instead thats fine by me.
take care
bev

:iagree:

Lorileah
09-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Maybe because with just the right back lighting you can give a hint of what lies beneath without showing it? Besides it slides around too much under the skirt

Kendra (Tx)
09-18-2009, 06:28 PM
The very first item I tried on of my moms was a full slip....I was about 6 or 7...Both parents were working and I had an hour or so till they got home after I got home from school..Something had "called" me to her room...I found that slip....and knew I HAD to try it on...Nothing has ever matched that first feeling against my skin...I love slips...but like it was said in some earlier posts...With modern fabrics...and lined skirts/dresses...a slip is not necessary... But it doesn't change the fact that I still love them..Sometimes just lounging around and enjoying a hot chocolate while watching a movie in the evenings...:daydreaming:

http://kendra954.com

belinda
09-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Slips are classy
Soft
Feminine
Sexy
Alluring
Gentle to the touch

Full of secrets

Not found in

Spandex and Jogging bras

I totally agree xxx

spandexgirl188
09-18-2009, 09:24 PM
As i am reading this thread's subject. I ask the question of why women dont wear slips anymore to a gg friend of mine. Her response is "because they are a pain in the butt". "I like to get the dress with the slip built in, I find it feels like im wearing a two skirts when i wear a regular slip, they slide down, bunch up when you sit down, drives me crazy" She actually used a word that starts with the letter "A" instead of butt but you get the point.

Jessica.

Betty

I read this to my gg friend and she said in her opinion, "i dont think so, I think it looks trashy. What's so sexy about a slip showing"

Jessica.

amc000
09-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Always wear a slip! also with lined skirts/dresses.

janelle
09-20-2009, 05:30 PM
I agree with TGMarla, sis. You've been in the woods to long with Robin & his "TIGHT" tights.

hus all,
Janelle

Rebecca Jayne
09-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Always wear a slip! also with lined skirts/dresses.

amc000
Girl I hope you don't drive like that or I'll have to buy a tank.

Once I wore a lampshade!

Love your pic

RJ

Barbara Jo
09-20-2009, 07:00 PM
As i am reading this thread's subject. I ask the question of why women dont wear slips anymore to a gg friend of mine. Her response is "because they are a pain in the butt". "I like to get the dress with the slip built in, I find it feels like im wearing a two skirts when i wear a regular slip, they slide down, bunch up when you sit down, drives me crazy" She actually used a word that starts with the letter "A" instead of butt but you get the point.

Jessica.

I read this to my gg friend and she said in her opinion, "i dont think so, I think it looks trashy. What's so sexy about a slip showing"

Jessica.

I've heard the exact same thing from many GGs over the years.

Personally, slips (particularly full slips) have always been one of my very favorte articles of clothing.

linnea
09-20-2009, 07:32 PM
The GGs I know wear slips, but only occasionally and only with certain types of outfits. I like the feel of them, but I don't like to or need to wear a slip with every dress in my wardrobe.

JulieC
09-21-2009, 11:49 AM

Just as a spot check, I checked out our local Target over the weekend. Still carries slips.

SOMEbody is buying them.

Jessica Who
09-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Fashion evolves :love:

Aquamarine
09-21-2009, 02:36 PM
A silky camisole to curl up in the sofa watching a good movie..? yes!!!..Most of dresses have a slip built in, it is very convenient( no malfunction) and also soft, so why we will make our life more complicated!!!!???? Not for me.

KayC
09-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Not!

Besides, what would a woman know about it anyway? :tongueout

I love that! :)

Actually, I like slips too and haven't worn them much in years but all this talk has got me to thinking...my SO asked me about it once too, and I guess maybe he was wishing I wore them. The fact is, in the summer time, it's just one more thing to put on that is too hot, I like to breathe. But in the winter it can be a different story...that is if I'm not wearing jeans, sweater, and boots (I live where there's snow). But I think I'll run out and buy one on my lunch break...

NV Susan
09-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Hi Betty, I too always wear a slip under any skirt or dress.:)
Susan

Jennifer Silverstone
09-21-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm a HUGE fan of slips, mainly waist slips too. I have more than I care to count! Whilst I prefer full skirts that reach below the knee, I like pencil type waist slips underneath, so they are a little restrictive when I walk. They help with my deportment though!:heehee: I prefer skirts and tops to dresses mostly, though I do have a number of full slips as well. I grew up in the 70s, so I 'imprinted' on a generation of women who normally wore skirts, slips and tights as opposed to the current crop who wear trousers all the time. I think a lot of them just have no idea what they are missing!:daydreaming:

niktesla
09-21-2009, 10:40 PM
The girls of today were not trained properly by their mothers or grandmothers how to dress in the art of proper layering under dresses or skirts, plus most all are lined now-a-days - also - I work on a college campus, I see no girls wearing hosiery ( of any kind ) anymore ( unless a truly special occasion ) - black tights are still pretty common - the regular nylon hosiery business must be almost dead. I also think its laziness. Also our society is just so dang casual, plus girls and women are pretty active and busy to spend the time to dress up. Also the bare it all fashion of music videos taught most all to just bare it all - less covering up. There ya have it. Just my 2 cents worth.

CindyLouWho
09-22-2009, 12:01 AM
I like to wear a bra and panties and a slip while at home. A very comfortable trio while lounging or doing household chores.:o

I'm with you Abby, I love wearing a full slip with bra and panties and sometimes with garter belt and stockings, just to lounge around in. They look and feel sexy.

I think a little slip showing looks sleazy, but to each his own.

. . . and Ralph sometimes a girl wants to look a feel and little bit sleazy!

Barbara Jo
09-22-2009, 03:19 AM

I also usually wear panties, bra and a full slip when lounging as this makes me feel so very feminine, sensuous and relaxed. :)

JulieC
09-22-2009, 09:46 AM
as opposed to the current crop who wear trousers all the time. I think a lot of them just have no idea what they are missing!:daydreaming:

Personally, I see women wearing more skirts and dresses now than was typical ten years ago. I know that high heel sales have gone up considerably in the last few years as well.

I work on a college campus, I see no girls wearing hosiery ( of any kind ) anymore ( unless a truly special occasion ) - black tights are still pretty common - the regular nylon hosiery business must be almost dead. I also think its laziness.

Beginning in the mid 90s, sales of sheer hosiery began declining. It stayed in a decline vs. year prior sales until a couple of years ago, and then flatlined or increased slightly. Sheer hosiery has been making a comeback on fashion runways, and you occasionally now see actresses wearing sheer hosiery at awards ceremonies, etc. It's not common yet, but it's less rare than it was five years ago. Even Paris Hilton has been spied wearing sheer hosiery. As I recall, more than a billion pairs of pantyhose were sold in the U.S. in 2008. It's still a multi-billion dollar industry.

As for college aged women, if the weather has even a slight chance of being above 70 degrees F, 90%+ of the women will be wearing flip flops. Hosiery, even toeless hosiery, doesn't go well with flip flops. Not that that is a reason why they don't wear hosiery, but they'd never think to wear hosiery with flip flops, and might if wearing flats.

Ms Alison Janes
09-22-2009, 10:19 AM
I always wear a slip with a dress, seems natural to do so.

victoriamwilliams1
09-22-2009, 10:55 AM
I used to wear a slip on every outing until I got skirts that did not require one, still have 2 skirts that I must wear a slip with and that because there is no lining. However slips are ok but only as needed.

bettysmith
09-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi Betty, I too always wear a slip under any skirt or dress.:)
Susan
Hi Susan

Glad to hear you love slips as well

Betty

sabrina mercedes
09-22-2009, 02:31 PM
I love weaaring a full slip under every dress, skirt and blouse I own.
Hose with a slip creates a feeling of femininity.
Unfortunately, women nowadays can feel feminine without slips and hose.
The feeling of freedom and seduction is how my wife describes.
Freedom from the hot layers of clothing and seduction because panties and a skirt are so sexy.
Nonetheless, we gurls now what we love, how it makes us feel and won't trade it for anything.
Besides, panties and a skirt don't feel sexy to me, but it is on her!:kiss:

maid phylis
09-22-2009, 02:59 PM
since i started to dress fully and go out i have been wearing full slips and sometimes a half slip.so you ask why dont women wear them anymore ,well a lot of girls have given the answer.women are now wearing the pants and we are wearing the dresses and those lovely slips.:love:phylisanne

Sarah_GG
09-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Because it's 2009! :doh:

Slips are just so last century! :D

QueenofHearts
09-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Well, for a few reasons. The main ones being that alot of women prefer to wear pants/jeans instead of dresses and another reason being they are not perceived as "sexy". Remember we live in a day and age where wearing a piece of string up ones a$$ is considered "sexy". Look at the way celeb's dress. It's not exactly feminine and lady-like is it? Fashion magazines don't push slips and department stores have pretty sad selections of slips. (Compared to the beautiful vintage styles one can find on ebay or at vintage clothing shops). With all of these factors, it's no wonder women don't wear slips anymore.

I love to wear slips (I'm a gg) as I find them feminine and romantic. But my last boyfriend just thought they were "old fashioned". :P To each their own! :)

There ARE women out there who have an appreciation for vintage style lingerie. Have you tried telling your wife how much you love it when she wears a slip? Or complimenting her when she wears one? I'd think she might be more inclined to wear one for you then! ;-)

laci april
09-25-2009, 08:21 PM
The better part of my life was "last century". I want to comment on slips and crossdressing but can't help for a moment commenting on the arrogance of youth. Can't remember the chick's handle, but, two things: you'll be old someday too sweety, If you're lucky; and class is ageless--and you don't have a hint of it, given your flippant, practically illiterate entry.

Slips are the reason I crossdress, probably because the women and girls around me in my formative years wore slips. Slips were and are the most feminine of garments. I will cut the crude polyester linings out of otherwise beautiful skirts just so I can wear a lovely slip under it. I shop specifically with an eye open for skirts without linings. I must have at least a hundred vintage slips that I've bought on ebay. If I don't have a slip on, I'm not dressed.

To each their own. If a thong under clamdiggers is your idea of crossdressing, so be it. For that matter, IMHO, too many women don't dress very femininely today either. For whatever reason, it doesn't matter enought to them. Be happy............................................. ..............laci

Carol Elizabeth
09-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Maybe it is because they never had such cute panties before.

Sarah_GG
09-28-2009, 03:15 AM
Maybe it is because they never had such cute panties before.

That's a good enough reason to start wearing them! :D

Here is my SO (who still manages to model the odd slip or two) wearing one of those left-over-from-last-century garments!

Sheila
09-28-2009, 04:29 AM
cos they just bunch up in the jeans and trousers we wear and are so uncomfortable that way :D:heehee:

Kristen-Gaye
09-28-2009, 05:29 AM
I'm glad they'e largely gone. One less thing we have to buy!! :cheer:
K.

serinalynn
09-28-2009, 06:55 AM
I bought a new half slip last week when I bought 2 new skirts. Both of the skirts I bought have inner liners in them so a slip is not necessary. I still will wear a slip of I want to.

lingerieLiz
09-28-2009, 10:29 PM
I seldom wear them, but love them.

I grew up and started CDing when women always wore slips along with panty girdles etc. But, styles change and what we ware changes over time. As women gained more freedom and the average age became younger, women quit wearing what they saw as unneeded. Slips are from a bygone era as are pantylooms and several other peices of feminity. We may like to ware them and fantize, but in truth we only need them under sheer fabrics. I used to have a large collection of lingerie sets. In the old days it would contain bra, panty, girdle, and slip. Today it is bra and panty. Today my daily lingerie is bra and panty. I seldom wear hose or a slip. I love the feal of the dress brushing my legs. Hose don't go with sandles and I live in a hot climate where most women don't wear hose except for somewhat formal occasions.

Most days I wear shorts and a top. This is the standard for most women in the area. In November slacks will be seen. It is nice that this season more dresses are appearing.

NathalieX66
09-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Answer: some dresses come with built-in slips. I have a cotton eyelet sundress from Anthropologie that has a built-in slip. The dress is sexy but the slip is just a piece of cotton, and it's the same color as the dress.
It's only meant to keep anybody from seeing through the dress.

I do miss the nylon tricot slips with a lace edge, though.

laci april
09-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Don't be such blind conformists of social conventions and commercial offerings. Did crossdressing get to be a thrill for most of us because we were conforming to what others do? There are still enough natural women out there wearing dresses, skirts, and slips that such dressing obviously remains an option for any occasion. Indeed when some transgenders advise others to wear jeans or pants to 'blend in', they are falling right into the same pattern in which social conformists tell us not to cd or be trans at all.

And Commercial fashion? Yuck (but that is just me). One suggestion I heard years ago about ugly trends in women's fashions had to with the idea that gay men design much of women's clothing. And I mean no slam at all to gay men; it's just that most gay men are not crossdressers. Nor do gay men, er, especially love women.

But I'll tell you (once again, just me) just because 9 of 10 women walking down the street are wearing pants, I'm not going to forgo wearing dresses. I'll be right there and undoubtedly with a frilly, silky slip under my skirt............................................. ........................................laci

marny
09-30-2009, 10:54 PM
well,i.m guessing because the new undewear is better and i should know

Georgia Rose
10-01-2009, 06:18 AM
When I was dressing tonight I looked at the dress I wanted to wear and thought "I need a slip under that" so here I'm sitting with a slip on. I rather fancy slips. Maybe it is because a lot of us still think of dressing as the glamour styles and practices of yesterday. We don't necessarily have to be as practical as most GG's (or more fulltime CDers).:drink:

DanyaKay
10-01-2009, 06:32 AM
A full slip is what I most enjoy wearing at the house. The "swish swish" sound is as exciting as the feel. dk

Sarah Michelle
10-01-2009, 08:11 AM
but the lingerie stores still stock them; fight the trend.

hotskirt
10-01-2009, 10:04 AM
I always wear a slip under my dresses and skirts. Just feels right.

Stitch
10-01-2009, 10:30 AM
It may be because we aren't drawn to the feeling of fabrics as much as CDers.

I will wear a slip or a petticoat if I need to, but I don't really care about them. I care more about the dress that goes over the top to be honest.
Many of you care about the feelings that clothes give you. For GG's thats not always the case. Granted wearing a nice set of matching underwear can add a little extra feminine confidence despite the fact that no one except yourself knows your wearing it, but we don't tend to obsess over such things.

I personally find slips to be a bit out dated, I also find that I associate them with women who aren't like me at all. I'm 23 and full of bouncy energy, so I tend to wear clothes that reflect that. Slips remind me of demure ladies, or sex bombs from old movies. I'd feel out of place in such things.

It always saddens me to hear CDers lament over the loss of what you consider Femininity. At the end of the day GGs dress for themselves. I've said this many times on this forum but for a group of people who crave acceptance for your choice in clothes, its sad that you don't feel the same for GGs. Aren't we allowed to express ourselves also? Why should we have to conform to your views of what femininity is?
I feel fabulous, feminine and sexy in all of my clothes, even trousers because I am me, because I am female. To me clothes do not make a women, rather how she carries herself.

Barbara Jo
10-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I has often been said that females usually dress for each other (read to impress) while males usually dress to impress females.

I wonder how much this comes into play?
Perhaps there is a peer factor involved and many females would not be caught wearing such an old fashioned garment such as a slip?

JulieC
10-01-2009, 12:11 PM
I has often been said that females usually dress for each other (read to impress) while males usually dress to impress females.

I don't know how true that is.

I know we lament the state of women's attire these days. But, men's attire too has collapsed. If you look at the average 20-25 year old male now, going out on a date, he's dressed in ripped up jeans, flip-flops, and a t-shirt. If this is designed to impress females...uh, wow. "Oh I like your fashion statement! It says you're an unkempt slob who wants to embarrass his date! Very cool! Let's go!"

<cough>

There's a pie in the sky notion that women of yesteryear all dressed in fancy dresses, beautiful shoes, and amazing undergarments all the time.

Wrong.

Think plain, simple house dresses, aprons, and old underwear with black heel-less shoes. 60-70 years ago, the vast majority of women didn't have jobs away from home. They worked in the home, doing laundry, cooking, cleaning and all sorts of tasks that involved getting their clothes soiled. They would never have dreamed of putting on their Sunday best to do housework anymore than any of us would dream of putting on a fancy suit to take out the garbage or change the oil in our cars.

Reality people, reality. Snap back to it :)

Beautiful lingerie, including slips, are still available in major chains, with many chains dedicating huge sections of their stores just to lingerie. This isn't because women aren't wearing beautiful lingerie anymore, but the opposite of course.

carolmello
10-01-2009, 12:27 PM
For me I love wearing a slip under any dress or skirt I have on. I've always loved wearing one even if the skirt or dress already has one.

Carol

Kellie s
10-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Everyone has their opinion i say let who wants to wear one wear one i love them

Kellie s

charlie
10-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Most of the dresses I buy seem to be lined so no slip is ever necessary.

carolyn todd
10-02-2009, 06:23 AM
I wear a slip or a petticoat every time i get dress,i fined it
give me a more feminine feel.
what i will say if you want to wear a slip wear one /or if you don't
don't wear one its up to you what you wear or what you feel comfortable
in wearing.

carolyn xx

Jennifer Silverstone
10-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Most of the dresses I buy seem to be lined so no slip is ever necessary.

A petticoat is always necessary!:battingeyelashes::):D:thumbsup:

sabrina mercedes
10-02-2009, 01:56 PM
http://C:\Documents and Settings\Dave Mcclave\My Documents\My PicturesSince most of us gurls love weaing slips, I just bought the most glorious, the most beautiful slip I have ever seen.
I have it on now with a black lacey bra, my forms, black pantyhose and a long lacey black skirt and black peek-a-boo heels.
It is the most enfemme I hace ever felt!
Slips are magnificent!:kiss::)

Paulette
10-02-2009, 03:05 PM
I have both short half slips and full slips and wear them only when needed by the outfit. I f you are going out wearing a slip just to wear one will complicate any stop to use the restroom. Also wearing a slip with a built in slip and pantyhose will cause you to slide on the seat of your car while driving and braking. Clothes are to cover you and to make you look presentable however you chose to present, in my case I want to be viewed as a woman and thus try to blend in public.

Racheal Ann
10-02-2009, 08:29 PM
I always wear a slip. Just makes me feel more feminin. Being an older gal i always remember my mother alway put on a slip when she went out.
Racheal Ann

Rebecca Jayne
10-02-2009, 08:58 PM
I love the way a skirt bounces and twirls with crinoline on.
Today I wore 2 petti's under my skirt and the cool breze swirling in Ooo la la!

Today I received a beautiful black full length slip and worked around the house in it.
Loved every minute

Jacky Aikou
10-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Not!

Fact is, some dresses require one, others don't. Some of mine are so sheer, not wearing a slip with it would be akin to running around nekkid, and uh....trust me, we don't want that!

Exactly! I inherited just such a sheer dress, long and black. My wife and I looked all over for a black slip just so I could wear the dress and still be decent. Eventually found one deeply buried in a Macy's.

Amen to that! It was my first slip and I looked and felt great in it and the dress. How can a girl resist cute silky little things? :D

lingerieLiz
10-02-2009, 10:58 PM
While at Macy's today I found some very pretty slips that in the past were not there. There are not enough of us buying them to cause Macy's to carry them so one must assume that more women are wearing them. Not because of the way slips feel, but as a way to complete their look.

I think that as the population grows older and clothing styles change we may see the return of slips and other foundations. As GG's become older they also become more modest and try to compensate for gravity. I don't know any (well only a couple) women at 60 who are still wearing the same fashions they did at 20.

sfwarbonnet
10-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Short slips make good undershirts, as they make pulling up pants and tucking it the "shirttail" easier. Also, it can't pull out because you're sitting on it! (A slip with a crotch closure wouldn't pull out either but they seem to have disappeared.) Adjustable straps and a bodice are OK too, as they are not apparent. Actually, a bra slip with a small cup size would be even better as it would obviate the need for a stand-alone bra and wouldn't have a back closure

DanaR
10-03-2009, 10:58 AM
My wife doesn't own a slip. I wear one whenever I wear a dress and occasionally my wife borrows one of mine, if she needs one.

Alana Marie
10-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Anytime I wear a dress, I also wear a slip. I like the way my dress hangs on me and slips more smoothly when I sit or move about. Thank goodness some stores like JCPenney and Macy's still sell them. Maybe we should all run out and buy them up.

Hugs,

Alana Marie

Edwina27
10-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Always wear a slip under a dress or skirt. Not because of necessity but because they feel nice & they are a very feminine garment, not to mention they can be absoloutley gourgeous with loads of lace, pretty designs on them, etc.

Have had 5 or 6 slip sightings so far this summer so gg's are still wearing them, you just have to look closer. I'm just glad there are still ladies like "Queen Of Hearts" who still wear them. You go girl. :)

angpai30
10-04-2009, 03:46 AM
I have never personally wore a slip and my wife doesn't wear a slip with any of her clothes either. The only time I ever saw my wife wear a slip is when we went out for a special ocassion and she needed something to go under her skirt because you could see through it. She has since gotten rid of that skirt and the slip as well. So my question is am I really missing out or is it just something that the "Old Timers" would really enjoy?

Jennifer Silverstone
10-04-2009, 10:42 AM
I have never personally wore a slip and my wife doesn't wear a slip with any of her clothes either. The only time I ever saw my wife wear a slip is when we went out for a special ocassion and she needed something to go under her skirt because you could see through it. She has since gotten rid of that skirt and the slip as well. So my question is am I really missing out or is it just something that the "Old Timers" would really enjoy?

Old Timers Indeed!:Angry3: (39 and holding) Men walked on the moon before I was born...:tongueout

Actualy, when I was growing up, the staples of female underwear were always stated as "Bra, Slip and Panties". Now it's down to just bra and panties. I think a lot of femininity has been lost in the transition. And yes, you are missing out.

Barbara Jo
10-04-2009, 12:56 PM
A slip has always been considered (as also refered to here) a most feminine article of all female clothing.

Slips of the past have very often been lavished with lace, etc to appear as feminine as possible.
Why embellish a slip if no one will see it?. The wearer will know (as in "victoria's secret") and the female can revel in her feminimity under a dress as she constantly feels the sensuous slip.

When I was growing up, no self respecting feminine female would get dressed withiout a slip.

Yes, you are missing out. :)

holtonrocks2009
10-04-2009, 05:09 PM
WEll i totally agree with Reine, I wear them to bed and absolutely love it!

sueb5678
10-11-2009, 08:46 PM
I love to wear slips under my dresses and skirts, Theyre my favourite.
I think its an auful shame that girls don't wear them anymore.
It makes me feel really feminine to have a flash of lace show from under my skirt when I am sitting.

Ashley Williams
10-20-2009, 10:04 AM

Really? I have been a fan for years of a site called 'Slip Heaven'. It caters for all tastes in slips - except it has very few grannies on it.

I contacted the owner and he was pleased to let me send you to his samples - which you will find easily at www.slipheaven.com (http://www.slipheaven.com) - but he also sent me a bonus pic to post on the site.

If you think of grannies when you see this model, you need your head testing!

RachelRICD
10-20-2009, 10:16 AM
If it's not lined I wear a slip with it. Other than that, only when I am lounging around the house. I occasionaly like spending the day in a slip, nylons and heels

JulieC
10-20-2009, 11:33 AM
I was at Von Maur recently. For those not familiar with this family owned chain, it's on par with Saks Fifth Avenue. Out of continued curiosity, I looked for slips in their lingerie department. Sure enough, they had a full line of slips available.

I still maintain that if the stores are carrying them, they're being bought. Stores do not long waste shelf/rod space for things that do not sell. If they're being bought, they're being worn.

MissyW
10-20-2009, 10:53 PM
I wear a slip when i wear a dress. My wife rarely wears one. I do like wearing one to bed occasionally.

PEACHES MARIE
10-21-2009, 01:26 AM
The full slip is the first article of feminine clothing I wore. I still get excited just thinking about it. Its like an old friend - hard to let go!

Leigh58
10-21-2009, 12:21 PM
As a GG, I haven't worn a FULL slip since about jr. high. Too much bulk under my otherwise smooth look. (I didn't know they still made them!) I still have some 1/2 slips that I wear with certain dresses or skirts.

Haven't read all the responses above, so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but a few years ago Oprah Winfrey announced on her show that she doesn't wear slips because who really cares that you can see legs through your skirt!

I'm up in front of a lot of people a lot of the time in my profession, so I will wear a 1/2 slip so that people won't be concentrating on what I'm wearing (or not wearing), and pay more attention to what I'm saying!:)

StayceeCD
10-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Why is it that the last time I tried to post something regarding what GG women wear, my post was deleted and I got a rude message from the mods saying "we're not here to discuss what GG women are wearing"! This post seemed to have made it through!

Rebecca Jayne
10-21-2009, 09:39 PM
I wore a full length black slip today and the dress I put on had a black , not a slip more like a lining, inattached, I left the slip on.

The reason a lot of us wear slips is we liked them when we were young , we are still catching up on lost time.

Women should wear slips in colder climates, they help keep you warm, if you are wearing a dress.

sfwarbonnet
11-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Short slips are ideal for underdressing. If ihey have a bodice - and most do - it doesn't show in "boy mode". Actually a short bra slip with a small cup size would be OK too, but a bra slip with a crotch closure would be best. However, slips with a crotch closure seem to have disappeared. I would wear slips as nightshirts too, as they make it easier to roll over without the covers coming too, but bare shoulders are cold. The ideal garment for sleeping would be a nylon tee. Any suggestions?

Lyndi
11-14-2009, 09:47 AM
I agree with you Betty - so sensual the feeling of silk against your skin and you can get fairly short slips now, so I always wear one under my skirts and dresses.

tess graham
11-14-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm with you slip girls. Love to wear them and really enjoy how feminine they look and feel. As for slip 'slipping' against our panties, I personally like the feeling and wear a slip under all of my dresses and skirts; lined or unlined.
I have dozens of vintage slips, full and half to accomodate whatever length dress or skirt I am wearing. I even have a couple of silk mini slips to wear while drab. Love how they rub against my panties!!!

Tess Graham
Louisville kY

Dragster
11-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Tess, I love wearing two slips too. I wear a mini slip with crotch closure (cami-knicker) which is tight-ish around my torso, but flares from the hips. Then I put the second one (normal slip) on inside out, so the two satin surfaces rub together. This creates a wonderful, super-slippery feeling under my male clothes. Ive been out shopping, underdressed this way, I even had my corset on under the lot, with stockings attached to the suspenders. I couldn't wait to get home to deal with my excitement!!!

Tony

belinda
11-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Slips are my life xx

Jamie14
11-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Complete mystery, isnt it. Love the feel of a nice slip.

Heck, in a few years, they won't be wearing dresses much either- most of the ads i see are for tops and jeans!!!!

Should be easy to pick out a CD then seeing as we love our dresses/skirts,etc!!!!!

busker
11-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Probably when the fashion in women's dress changes from tatoos from head to toe and thongs and flip flops and the no-bra look changes. Until then
happy trails
Mandrake out of water

sfwarbonnet
11-23-2009, 11:18 AM
... I wear a mini slip with crotch closure (cami-knicker) which is tight-ish around my torso, but flares from the hips...

BINGO, so slips with a crotch closure haven't disappeared completely. They would be ideal for wearing with women's pull-on pants as there is no shirttail to pull out. Where can they be purchased?

Barbara Jo
11-23-2009, 11:52 AM
...........I personally find slips to be a bit out dated, I also find that I associate them with women who aren't like me at all. I'm 23 and full of bouncy energy, so I tend to wear clothes that reflect that. Slips remind me of demure ladies, or sex bombs from old movies. I'd feel out of place in such things..........

I do believe you hit the proverbial nail on the head as this is how I suspect most other GGs feel. As you said, slips are viewed as old fasiond and for "demure" (read overly feminine) ladies and not something a modern woman on the go who has no desire to dress overtly feminine would wear, even ocasionally.

I just have to wonder why woman of the past who wore slip are not viewed as being "full of bouncy energy?
Even in the past, wonmen did not wear slips (or dresses) all the time an often dressed for comfort and apropriatly for the task(s) at hand.
I also wonder how much peer pressure comes into play here :)

JustAlex
11-23-2009, 04:03 PM
I think that it's a big issue for those of us who grew in the 50's, 60's and maybe early 70's. At the time we were getting into puberty being CDers, the image of slips was imprinted into our minds. We logically link slips with being feminine.
I have a huge thing for slips, I wore my mom's, I wore my grandmother's. I'd love to have some of my own but they're hard to find, expensive and not like those I remember.

It's hard to explain, I can't say that I really understand why. But slips do trigger feelings in me like no other piece of clothing. And I don't mind telling that the trigger goes straight to my corpus cavernosa. Slip and pantyhose (no panties) is a deadly combination for me.
The image is directly related to sex. Being with a woman in a slip meant that one had sexual access to her. No decent woman exposed herself like that unless she was looking for sex (or X-rays...). I guess you can say the same for panties and bra, I don't know, I'm trying to find the root of it and I'm failing.

Maybe it's like the effect of a crack in the dam wall. When the woman is fully dressed, it's like the dam intact. You can put pressure on it but you don't know if it's going to let you go through. Once the layer of outer clothes is gone, it's like the dam cracked. You know that it may take some time and effort but you're going to go through eventually. And for us, old timers, the first layer under the outer layer was a slip.

Stitch
11-24-2009, 02:50 AM
I do believe you hit the proverbial nail on the head as this is how I suspect most other GGs feel. As you said, slips are viewed as old fasiond and for "demure" (read overly feminine) ladies and not something a modern woman on the go who has no desire to dress overtly feminine would wear, even ocasionally.

I just have to wonder why woman of the past who wore slip are not viewed as being "full of bouncy energy?
Even in the past, wonmen did not wear slips (or dresses) all the time an often dressed for comfort and apropriatly for the task(s) at hand.
I also wonder how much peer pressure comes into play here :)

When I look at the older films the "demure ladies" as they are now know to me don't really move around all that much. The walk slowly and elegantly. They may have happy and chipper personalities but I don't think I've seen any move the way I do. When I say bouncy, I generally mean I'm all over the place, I'm a jumper and a skipper. I like to run around and just generally be well literately bouncy. Not something that works well in a skirt which requires a slip, and of course the heels that would match said skirt.

When ever I wear skirts that require a slip it feels like I have to tone down my personality. I become quieter and less energetic. I don't really feel like myself anymore. Sure I look great, but when I don't feel like I'm being my true self my confidence takes a dive.

Anyway for another point to this thread.

Many of you have gone on about how Slips feel sooooo good between your legs, or on your skin. You've got to remember women generally don't feel that sort of "attachment" to clothing the same way many CDers do. Same goes for tights and pantyhose. To many here they have sexual conitations, where as for women, they are just another item of clothes.

At the end of the day. I dress for me and my confidence not as what others view as what is feminine. I really do get tired of hearing that "women aren't dressing like women anymore" or "we aren't feminine anymore"

It only seems to be CDers that have these views. Now as big headed as this sounds if go out dressed in almost anything and men will still flirt with me. I've been hit on in a rain coat before when I wasn't looking or feeling my best. :eek: I suppose some people are easier to please.

Claire Fleming
11-24-2009, 06:21 AM
I suppose for many CDs like me who only dress intermittently and/or in secret, the aim is to be as feminine as possible during our dressing events.

To me a slip is one of the essences of this. Lifting your slip twice to slip on and attach stockings is a breath-stopping moment for me.

iI doesn't matter to me whether women wear them any more, as I'm probably stuck in a time warp. In earlier times the sight of a flash of lacy material beneath a woman's skirt was a pleasure to most men, but a thrill to me. I wanted to be wearing that skirt and slip.

Like many older girls I wore my mother's silky, clingy slip and revelled in it. A slip always has been an icon of femininity to me. I agree with Stitch that we wear clothes for the feel of the fabric, but that's what we do. It's who we are. If we had been born female we wouldn't have the same attitude to clothes - jeans and T-shirt would probably be fine.

So I'll always wear a slip when I dress.

JulieC
11-24-2009, 01:29 PM
When ever I wear skirts that require a slip it feels like I have to tone down my personality. I become quieter and less energetic. I don't really feel like myself anymore. Sure I look great, but when I don't feel like I'm being my true self my confidence takes a dive.

Everybody dresses in ways that express their personality, to one extent or another. What works for you, works for you, and that's just great!

Many of you have gone on about how Slips feel sooooo good between your legs, or on your skin. You've got to remember women generally don't feel that sort of "attachment" to clothing the same way many CDers do. Same goes for tights and pantyhose. To many here they have sexual conitations, where as for women, they are just another item of clothes.

I've said before that while CDers might find pantyhose to be an incredible item of clothing (I know I do...love them!) to the vast majority of women, they're thought of as men think of socks.

For men, we don't have access to silky, soft, frilly things in our wardrobe. You walk into a business suit section, and it's all hues of grey and brown. BORING. Same goes for shoes. Walk into a woman's shoe section, and the color selections are all across the rainbow. Walk into the neighboring men's section and we have the latest fashions in brown and grey. Oh boy! Yippee!!! <cough> <cough>

For me, women's clothes are so *different* that it adds a very different sense of appeal when I feel a slip moving against my leg in pantyhose. There's absolutely nothing in men's attire that even comes close.

At the end of the day. I dress for me and my confidence not as what others view as what is feminine.

Honestly, I don't think CDers are any different in that respect. We dress for ourselves and our own confidence and self image, not as what others view us as.

Now as big headed as this sounds if go out dressed in almost anything and men will still flirt with me. I've been hit on in a rain coat before when I wasn't looking or feeling my best. :eek: I suppose some people are easier to please.

Actually, it might be the opposite. I remember starting to date an old girlfriend of mine. Very early on, we were outside, in the rain. But, there was a walk we wanted to take. Neither of us had an umbrella, but she had an old flannel shirt in her trunk. She put that on, and off we went. After ten minutes or so, her normally curly hair was flat against her head, she was getting cold and huddling herself, and looking decidedly unfeminine. I thought she was incredibly sexy.

Sometimes, there's just a certain appearance made by the circumstances where the look is unintended, but the sexiness of it is right off the charts.

Stitch
11-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Honestly, I don't think CDers are any different in that respect. We dress for ourselves and our own confidence and self image, not as what others view us as.

That's all very good and well, and I'm really happy for anyone who has the confidence to be themselves regardless of other peoples views. :)
I'm just saddened when GGs are judged harshly because we don't wear what the majority of CDers think are the bees knees. Many people have said that today's GG's dress like slobs, or have ourselves go because we choose to wear jeans. Which is just unfair really.

Actually, it might be the opposite. I remember starting to date an old girlfriend of mine. Very early on, we were outside, in the rain. But, there was a walk we wanted to take. Neither of us had an umbrella, but she had an old flannel shirt in her trunk. She put that on, and off we went. After ten minutes or so, her normally curly hair was flat against her head, she was getting cold and huddling herself, and looking decidedly unfeminine. I thought she was incredibly sexy.

Sometimes, there's just a certain appearance made by the circumstances where the look is unintended, but the sexiness of it is right off the charts.

That's a lovely story. It really warms my heart to hear that. I love moments in life when you don't think your at your best and someone proves you wrong. It's wonderful to hear that sometimes it really is about the person underneath and not just about what she is wearing.

Admittedly I'd feel heart broken if I thought my partner only found me attractive in certain clothing.

Incidentally I don't know where you guy have been shopping, I've seen some wonderful male clothing on the market. Now while I agree there aren't many different types of lower clothing as it's either shorts or trousers. There are some really awesome shirts out there. You can get a lot of really vibrant and funny designs these days. It's just a shame I can't get them in baby-tees.

I can appreciate that its harder to get excited over male clothing as thinking about it there is considerably less selection, but in my opinion they do make some really gorgeous stuff that really does suit the male form. Now as soon as I can convince my partner to relinquish his "drab" wardrobe to me I'll be a very happy women. I don't understand someone who knows so much about female fashion, could fail so badly at understanding males. *sigh* I've gone horrendously off topic now. Ah well. :daydreaming:

JulieC
11-24-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm just saddened when GGs are judged harshly because we don't wear what the majority of CDers think are the bees knees. Many people have said that today's GG's dress like slobs, or have ourselves go because we choose to wear jeans. Which is just unfair really.

Someone can wear jeans and look very sharp. Karren might be cringing right now (Hi Karren! :) ). A person can be a slob without a stitch of clothing on. A long, long time friend of mine whom I met in college probably never wore makeup except the day she got married (divorced now). I've never seen her in a skirt or dress except the day she got married. She's awesome, and NEVER a slob, and I still find her very feminine.

I can appreciate that its harder to get excited over male clothing as thinking about it there is considerably less selection, but in my opinion they do make some really gorgeous stuff that really does suit the male form. Now as soon as I can convince my partner to relinquish his "drab" wardrobe to me I'll be a very happy women. I don't understand someone who knows so much about female fashion, could fail so badly at understanding males. *sigh* I've gone horrendously off topic now. Ah well. :daydreaming:

You should talk with my wife. You and her could both commiserate about how your partners understand female fashion, but can't get male fashion into their heads :D

It's funny really. I'll happily wear pink when en femme. But a pink shirt? My wife bought me one. I've worn it once. Hard time putting it on when en homme. Weird :)

JulieC
12-14-2009, 06:45 PM
In the weeks since this thread started, I've been keeping a close eye on major retailers and their lingerie selections. Not smaller specialty stores mind you, but the bigger stores. Macys. Sears. Target. etc. I've noted a few before here. I just wanted to sum up what I found.

EVERY single one of them continues to carry slips.

SOMEbody is buying them, else they wouldn't stock them. I doubt there's enough of a market among CDers to keep them on the shelves of all these retailers. So, women are buying them too. If women are buying them, they're wearing them, else why buy them?

Bottom line; slips are being worn.

Vicki-Z
12-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Hmmm! Never worn a slip but would love to. I imagine it would feel great on the skin. :daydreaming:

Vicki :hugs:

AlisonRenee
12-15-2009, 12:02 AM
I've been hit on in a rain coat before when I wasn't looking or feeling my best. :eek: I suppose some people are easier to please.

-- Several years ago, I was in a small club downtown on a rainy night. The place hosted salsa dance lessons sometimes, and this was one of those nights. A woman came in, and soon ended up on the dance floor - in her open raincoat, with an above-the-knee dress beneath. There was something incredibly sexy about her like that, maybe the way it framed her body and the way she moved inside it. Mesmerizing. Anyway, I suppose the moral of that story is: never overlook the potential sex appeal of a raincoat. That, or I'm one of your above-mentioned easier-to-please types. :)

MissVirginia-Mae
01-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Slips are incredible....its hard to describe the sexy feeling they give the wearer.
I prob own close to 150 full slips now and about 50 half slips.
Ebay and thrift stores are the best sources now for them.
Walmart carries drab slips in black, white and beige.
I have found beautiful pink and green ones along with blue and orange.
I will buy any slips I see at a Salvation or Goodwill.
I got 2 black ones with shadow panels for $4 yesterday!!:love:

ReineD
01-05-2010, 07:52 PM
However , my wife rarely wears a slip , and by all acounts nor do her friends ??

Most of the skirts I buy are already lined. Slips are not necessary. The skirts that aren't lined don't need slips since they are made out of heavier material .. denim or twill. I do have a jersey knit dress that tends to cling too much and it is not lined. I wear a slip with this dress.

jenna_woods
01-05-2010, 07:55 PM
how many women do you see wearing skirts and dresses?? they are all wearing pants, no slips needed

msniki48
01-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I think that it's a big issue for those of us who grew in the 50's, 60's and maybe early 70's. At the time we were getting into puberty being CDers, the image of slips was imprinted into our minds. We logically link slips with being feminine.
I have a huge thing for slips, I wore my mom's, I wore my grandmother's. I'd love to have some of my own but they're hard to find, expensive and not like those I remember.

It's hard to explain, I can't say that I really understand why. But slips do trigger feelings in me like no other piece of clothing. And I don't mind telling that the trigger goes straight to my corpus cavernosa. Slip and pantyhose (no panties) is a deadly combination for me.
The image is directly related to sex. Being with a woman in a slip meant that one had sexual access to her. No decent woman exposed herself like that unless she was looking for sex (or X-rays...). I guess you can say the same for panties and bra, I don't know, I'm trying to find the root of it and I'm failing.

Maybe it's like the effect of a crack in the dam wall. When the woman is fully dressed, it's like the dam intact. You can put pressure on it but you don't know if it's going to let you go through. Once the layer of outer clothes is gone, it's like the dam cracked. You know that it may take some time and effort but you're going to go through eventually. And for us, old timers, the first layer under the outer layer was a slip.

just go to blair.com plenty of slips and not too expensive

i love them too with clothing or just to bed at night'

hugs

msniki48

KarenHiller
01-06-2010, 10:38 AM
I became a cross dresser because I couldnt resist the soft silky look of my mums slips , and couldnt wait to try one on .
Once on , I was in heaven , no turning back for me , I was hooked .
I always wear a slip when I dress up , the feel next to nylons is fabulous !

Betty

Same for me, I loved wearing my mother's and my sister's slips, loved the look and the feel especially, and I still wear one whenever I go out, unless it's a hot summer day.

Betty

I love showing a little slip, the lace hem is sooo pretty and feminine. Whenever I'm out driving, I make sure an inch or two is very visible.

Nothing compares to the feeling of a pure silk slip against your body, Ah Heaven !!!!:):):)

Heaven is now here on earth :) Makes you tingle all over!:devil:

I wear one to bed. It is so pretty it doesn't want anything to cover it! :)

You're sooo right, Reine, I love sleeping in a pretty nightie or a slip.

Sadly, I've gained a few pounds lately, so about half of my slips don't fit me. I'm considering offering them for sale here. The one's I'm selling are all size 36 and very lacy. Email me if you're interested. I'm pinklink@bluefrog.com

Karen

Stitch
01-06-2010, 11:43 AM
-- Several years ago, I was in a small club downtown on a rainy night. The place hosted salsa dance lessons sometimes, and this was one of those nights. A woman came in, and soon ended up on the dance floor - in her open raincoat, with an above-the-knee dress beneath. There was something incredibly sexy about her like that, maybe the way it framed her body and the way she moved inside it. Mesmerizing. Anyway, I suppose the moral of that story is: never overlook the potential sex appeal of a raincoat. That, or I'm one of your above-mentioned easier-to-please types. :)

I think perhaps I have described the wrong type of coat to you or there was a misunderstanding. I live in Cornwall home of rain and mud rather than glamours cities.

I'm under the impression you mean something like this (http://dynimg.rte.ie/00022d8b-270.jpg) when I actually mean something like this (http://images.travelpod.com/users/lucy.cooper/new_zealand_07.1193547900.coops-in-this-seasonxs-anorak.jpg) :heehee: I think that sorta takes of the edge off of the sex appeal.

JustAlex
01-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Blair.com is not good for me since I'm not in the USA.
But I've seen the other day a store selling full slips. I was driving so I could only take a mental note of the place. I'm planning on a trip there this Saturday to see and buy if I can.

I tried a couple times on auction sites. There are some old slips for sale that are wonderful and in great shape. Unfortunately, I have 120 cm of chest and it's not easy to find my size.

Emma Leigh
01-06-2010, 12:08 PM
I love em and Ebays full of them, just bought a gorgeous lilac liquid satin and lace number for 99p!

JulieC
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
how many women do you see wearing skirts and dresses?? they are all wearing pants, no slips needed

Actually, during the summer I see a lot more dresses and skirts than I used to. I think women are wearing pants less frequently than they used to just a few years ago.