PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Don't fall asleep wearing makeup.

Glenda58
09-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Last week the wife went to her friends house for the weekend:). So I had time to dress up and go out. I haven't been out in a long while so I made a night it. Not getting home till after 2:00 in the morning.

I was tired so I took off my skirt and top and put on a nightgown and fell asleep.

When I got up the next morning I got a call from my wife that she was coming home. That her friend had to come in to Detroit to get her daughter and she would be home in 3 hrs. Good plenty of time to clean up and put my things away.

When I was all done I started to make the bed about a hour before she came home. Everything look fine till I pull the comforter up and I almost die:eek:. Sometime during the night I must have pull the comforter over my head. Because there on the top was a spot about 8" with makeup, lipstick and mascara.

Now I panic:worried: how do I get this clean before she comes home. I could toss it in the wash it take to long. So I some soap and water and stop remover and started working my tail off. Got it clean then used her hair dryer to dry it. Just put everything away as she walked in the door.

Said she wanted to change her cloths so we could go out and when she came out of the bedroom. She said she was surprised that I did a good job of making the bed ( if she only knew):sigh:.

So be careful if you sleep with makeup on at home that you know how to clean it up if you get it on something.

TxKimberly
09-16-2009, 05:11 PM
LOL Good for you getting it clean. I did that to a hptel pillow once - it weren't purty . . .

KateW
09-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Well done getting it clean in time! Tell your wife and then you won't have to worry about it!

donnatracey
09-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Last week the wife went to her friends house for the weekend:). So I had time to dress up and go out. I haven't been out in a long while so I made a night it. Not getting home till after 2:00 in the morning.

I was tired so I took off my skirt and top and put on a nightgown and fell asleep.

When I got up the next morning I got a call from my wife that she was coming home. That her friend had to come in to Detroit to get her daughter and she would be home in 3 hrs. Good plenty of time to clean up and put my things away.

When I was all done I started to make the bed about a hour before she came home. Everything look fine till I pull the comforter up and I almost die:eek:. Sometime during the night I must have pull the comforter over my head. Because there on the top was a spot about 8" with makeup, lipstick and mascara.

Now I panic:worried: how do I get this clean before she comes home. I could toss it in the wash it take to long. So I some soap and water and stop remover and started working my tail off. Got it clean then used her hair dryer to dry it. Just put everything away as she walked in the door.

Said she wanted to change her cloths so we could go out and when she came out of the bedroom. She said she was surprised that I did a good job of making the bed ( if she only knew):sigh:.

So be careful if you sleep with makeup on at home that you know how to clean it up if you get it on something.

Girl, just how much makeup were you wearing? ....:) I frequently go to bed in makeup and at most there is a smudge of lipstick, occasionally....maybe I need to wear more.....:daydreaming:

Glad you tidied up in time......:D

sherri52
09-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Glad you made it in time. Next time leave the covers alone.

Glenda58
09-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Well done getting it clean in time! Tell your wife and then you won't have to worry about it!

She knows but a $400 dollar comforter she would have been mad as Hades.

Glenda58
09-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Girl, just how much makeup were you wearing? ....:) I frequently go to bed in makeup and at most there is a smudge of lipstick, occasionally....maybe I need to wear more.....:daydreaming:

Glad you tidied up in time......:D

At 62 I need a lot to look young

jenniferj
09-16-2009, 11:09 PM
"LOL Good for you getting it clean. I did that to a hptel pillow once - it weren't purty . . .

Hi Kimberly,

Me too- and I was staying in the same place for several days. I took the soiled pillowcase into the shower and scrubbed it with the hotel shampoo and left it hanging on the shower curtain rod. I had a nice fresh clean one on the bed when I came in that evening. I expect that they thought that I had drooled or been sick - or probably didn't think anything at all.

I now carry my own pillowcase when I expect to be dressed on a trip. It's handy anyway as a device to keep the girl-things separate from the guy things when I pack.

-jj

michelle_tx
09-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Sleeping in makeup isn't good for your skin. Always wash, exfoliate and moisturize before bed!

docrobbysherry
09-16-2009, 11:58 PM
I use it all the time. :)

Just DON'T use it on your face!:Angry3:

Claire Cook
09-17-2009, 05:48 AM
Guess we've all smudged pillow cases and sheets at some point. Here's something I've always wondered about ... how many old movies have you seen where girls wake up in the AM with beautiful makeup ... and not a trace of makeup on the bedclothes????

Maybe they use magical no-smear stuff....