PDA

View Full Version : Kindergarten memories

Julieanne
09-17-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm coming to realize that my "femininity" was present from very early on. I recently remembered that when I was in kindergarten (in the 50's) activities tended to be divided by sex. The girls were playing house in a plastic house, being domestic, whatever, and I so wanted to join them rather than the boys. Even in early primary I preferred to play with girls until it became too socially unacceptable.

About the same time I announced to my mother that I wanted to be a girl. We were getting ready for church and I'm not sure why it came up then, but I suspect the prospect of wearing girl's church clothes played a part. :daydreaming:

I don't know when in this sequence I started wearing my mother's undies but it must have been about the same time.

sherri52
09-17-2009, 08:38 PM
You were slightly earlier than me. Kindergarten for me ( in the fifties) I played i the sandbox and didn't care who I played with. When nap time came I still played in the sandbox (I never ever took a nap) If the teacher tried to get me out she would get a pail full of sand. They left me alone, I didn't make any noise anyway. My mother made clothes for a girl when I was 5-7. All three years I was her model and hated it. When I was eight I tried on heels and a slip. THAT WAS IT, and here I am.

sherri52
09-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Happy birthday Julieanne:love:

trannie T
09-17-2009, 09:46 PM
I was part of the post WWII baby boom, the schools had a difficult time keeping up with the increasing population of kindergarteners. Our kindergarten room was crowded and we spent a lot of time sitting on the floor. When the kids would walk around the room they would step on my legs and feet. The girls would pull their skirts down over their feet and would not be trod upon. One day I went home and announced to my mother that I wanted to be a girl. When she asked why I would want to do such a thing I explained that I was tired of being stepped on.
I have no idea if this is why I became a crossdresser but this may have helped me along the way.

Frédérique
09-17-2009, 11:56 PM
I had to think back a long ways – I remember naps, drinking milk and impressing the teacher with my crayon drawings, but little relating to where we are now, or how we are in general. I think at that age the genders were not that far apart, or at least they hadn’t been pried apart with a crowbar and forced into the roles of “boy” or “girl” yet. I wouldn’t have noticed that at the time, of course, but it would be interesting to see nowadays. It may be different today, but when I was in kindergarten all children seemed somewhat equal in their collective confusion. I recall the girls wearing dresses, so I noticed this interesting idea immediately, but this was way back in prehistoric times, you know. I hadn’t thought of this before, but perhaps the seeds of my own crossdressing were sown in kindergarten, where I first encountered girls the same age as me…

Joann0830
09-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Julienne a Belated Happy Birthday, I am also a widow and turned 61 in August on the 30th, Born in 1948, I enjoy being one of the Senior Ladies LOL. In the 50s in school I too played with the Girls instead of the Boys and I had realized even earlier when I was about 5 or 6 that I wanted to be a girl. So I too understand and I wish you many more years on this earth and hope that you will meet someone if you want that will understand who you really are and accept it. Joann0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

Hope
09-18-2009, 03:11 AM
I remember once waving to someone out the window, and was instructed by my teacher that I was waving improperly, that I was waving like a girl. It couldn't have been too traumatic an experience, but I still remember it.

Karren H
09-18-2009, 01:45 PM
I remember these two twin girls.. Beautiful red hair and the cutest dresses.. Had a big time crush on them.. And don't think I thought about wearing their clothes at all.. We moved away after K.... And I didn't started crossdressing until a few years later... God they were cute!!

StaceyJane
09-18-2009, 02:08 PM
It was in Kindergarten that I first wanted to wear the girl's dresses.
By the time I was in Elementary School I was being to rrealize that I wanted to be a girl.

Kendra (Tx)
09-18-2009, 06:14 PM
For me it was actually 1'st grade..( don't ask ) :heehee:...It was in fact, Halloween and the class was doing the "Halloween Party" where all us kids would dress up and come to class...To this day I don't remember what I dressed up as, but I do remember the girl that sat across from me in class...She came dressed as "Little Bo Peep"...Cute blue and white Bo Peep outfit with all the trimmings, matching hat..rosey cheek blush ( exaggerated ) and a cheap Halloween blonde wig...( you know the type ) pulled in two pigtails...She was gorgeous..but the main thought in my mind was..I WISH I was wearing that outfit..My very first inkling of things to come...Sad part of this story was...being in a Military family...that was my last day in school..We were moving to the next posting for my dad...and I never saw that girl again....But my lasting memory was of her as Bo Peep and my wish it was me wearing that outfit...To this day I still keep my eye out for a Bo Peep outfit that I can get my big behind in for Halloween....Sort of a "thank you" or "Tribute" for the vision and the first stirrings of being the "lady" I've become...

Post script to this account...During the relaying of this, I had remembered the young girls name... Virginia....Thank you Virginia...

http://kendra954.com

Ronni Seymour
09-19-2009, 08:11 AM
As far back as I can remember, I've always been drawn to the 'girly' side. Growing up in the '60's, I use to love to puruse our Sears catalog, looking at all the women's clothing and lingerie. How I wanted to be able to wear those clothes.:daydreaming: Would love to play 'girlfriends' with my little sister, doing each others hair.
I would also occasionaly have a tinge of jealousy toward the little girls in my classes over the dresses they wore and they're little friendships.
Of course, being raised in a traditional conservative family setting, I hid most of my desires and thoughts for most of my youth.

ashcrimson
09-19-2009, 01:31 PM
I was not a girl in anyway when I was in kindergarten. I had a crush with a cute girl though. I heard someone else liked her so I made him trip and his face got hurt during the fall. I also put bubble gum on kids hairs and fight with boys at times. Other than that, I was very normal. Oh, I once kicked my teacher while my mom was holding me and she was trying to take me away, my mom was so furious and beat me up sorta when we got home.

Barbara_Jean
09-19-2009, 02:20 PM
I too went to Kindergarten in the 50's and wished I were a girl. I use to see the girls wearing their cute dresses with the puffed out sleeves and there little shoes with the white knee socks. I wanted to be one of them! I would always play with the girls. I hated sports and boy games. I asked my Mom why can't I wear those things? She just said something like "Don't be silly, boys don't do that" I remember when I was about 5, taking a pair of red shorts and thinking I could sew the inside of the legs together, then cut them and I would have a skirt! But I didn't want to get caught. I remember finding a box of old dresses that my Mom didn't wear anymore and trying them on. I got caught once while I was in the 7th grade. My mother stored some of her clothes in my closet and I tried on a dress. It fit too back then! I wished so hard that I were a girl and I didn't notice her coming up the stairs. I got a paddling that I will never forget! She told me if I ever wore her dress again, she was going to make me wear it to school! That was very traumatic for me and suppressed my dressing for many years, but never my desire to be a girl. I have decided not to suppress my feelings any longer and I will dress whenever I can. but I will never tell any of my family, I can't. They would never understand and NEVER accept this.
Regina Ann

docrobbysherry
09-19-2009, 06:16 PM
I just had a hi-school reunion.

And remembered VERY few of the folks that were THERE!:brolleyes: