PDA

View Full Version : Told my children

linnea
09-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Mind you, my children are all grown. All three are married; two of them have two children.
But until recently--about two weeks ago--they did not know about my crossdressing. Now all know, their spouses know, and a few of their friends know (I left that to their discretion).
I am VERY happy that they know. I am also very fortunate that they responded in very positive and supportive and loving ways.
In opening up to them, I benefitted from a lot of the advice given by my sisters here on this forum. Among the most important pieces of advice, I believe, was the point that one should really think carefully and clearly and honestly about why she crossdresses. I spent a lot of time on this.
I also spent a lot of time thinking about the typical questions that several posts have offered very useful advice about.
I thank you all for the supportive way many of you discuss this topic. It seemed so daunting and difficult; now I see it as freeing and energizing. As I told my kids, I probably won't behave differently now, but when I dress, I will have none of the guilt and fear that I used to experience when I knew that I was deceiving them.
I realize that this may not work for everyone, and I know that I had to find the right level of self-acceptance and understanding in order to do it. But I am very happy with my results and I am writing this to encourage others to find their own right path.

AllieSF
09-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Congratulations on everything. Now that must be a great load off your shoulders and mind. Good luck in the future.

Alice B
09-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Well done. I just did the same with all my family. It's a big relief.

Marcia Blue
09-18-2009, 07:01 AM
I am very happy for you. You are a very lucky lady.

Adelaide
09-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Congratulations!!!! It must feel great!
On my end, I'm still working on my SO....Such a tough "job"...I want her so much to be part of it....and live fulfilled! Yes, it's a great load on my mind....Awwwwwww.....
A.

linnea
09-18-2009, 11:07 PM
I received a package delivered by UPS today. It was a very pretty pair of sandals in my size! What make this so special--besides the fact the sandals fit--is that my son bought them for me. This was very thoughtful and he told me that he meant it as a sign of his support and acceptance.
What a guy! I'm very, very lucky!

Christina Horton
11-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Wow that is so cool hun. I told my family when I was 23 in 93. Every one was ok with it save for my mom. This year about 2 or 3 months ago she excepted it and went shopping with me. I wrote all about it the the link on my Signature. I am so happy for you hun that's great news. I was wondering are you going to dress in front of your kids sometimes in the future???? If so I would like to hear "how it happened" . So have fun with and I know this is a few months after you posted it and be well.

Persephone
11-20-2009, 02:27 AM
I received a package delivered by UPS today. It was a very pretty pair of sandals in my size! What make this so special--besides the fact the sandals fit--is that my son bought them for me. This was very thoughtful and he told me that he meant it as a sign of his support and acceptance.
What a guy! I'm very, very lucky!

That is so great, Linnea!

I came out to my niece about a week ago. This week I received a big box from her, addressed to Aunt P--- . Inside was a cute little dressed up doll figure.

Gotta love her!

Zoiq
11-20-2009, 07:52 AM
My 3 children ( all boys ) who are currently 7, 8 and 9 all know I'm a Tom-Girl, and have done for a while now.

Their only comment has ever been along the lines of, ' its a bit different '.