PDA

View Full Version : Going out stories

Sheila
09-18-2009, 03:37 AM
Are those of you who are timid about going out actually encouraged by those who have recently made that first move and had a positive experience from it, or do you see "The Horror Stories", the murders, violence and do they re-enforce your fears and make you stay in ?

Deborah Jane
09-18-2009, 03:53 AM
For a long time the stories of what could happen put me off the idea of going out. But after reading the many positive "going out" stories here and encouragement and support from other members, I have now started going out and thoroughly enjoy it :)

I still read of the bad things that happen, but I guess i'm lucky, i've got a good support network both here and in real life :)

PaulaJaneThomas
09-18-2009, 05:20 AM
The good thing about the old pre-internet days is you didn't hear of any horror stories. Not that that would have stopped me going out.

DAVIDA
09-18-2009, 05:44 AM
Hi Sheila!
It was because of this forum that I was ultimately able to go out dressed. I met Kandi, who lives in this area, through the forum. We went out for dinner with our wives the first time we met. This was in drab. I was introduced to the wonderful girls of Sigma Epsilon, a chapter of (:eek:brain fart, old timer's disease, or something! I forgot the name of the group!) in Atlanta. Kandi and our SOs went to dinner the evening of our first meeting. It was the first time out for me. Tri-Ess! That's it!:doh:
I went out several times after that.
I haven't been out dressed (except to drive Jean to school a couple of times) since SCC 07.
I definately give this forum credit for that first step out of the door!
I have heard comments and complements.
I will be going out again, I just don't know when.:straightface:

Teri Jean
09-18-2009, 05:56 AM
For me it was so helpful to hear the stories that reinforce the feeling there is nothing wrong with my desires to be me and dress nicely and go shopping or evening meal. People like Karren, Lori, Susan and others have been inspirational. Then we have Kimberley who seems to travel everywhere dressed and having so much fun. All these adventures gives many the courage to explore our own boundries. Thank you all for your courage.

Keli

Phyliss
09-18-2009, 06:11 AM
Without having joined, I'd still be living very deep in the closet. any purchase would have been a quick grab and go, usually ending up with the wrong size.

The support and encouragement I found here have been wonderful for me. Words fail to express how much this place has meant to me.

No longer am I scared to venture out. True, that "first" time was a nerve wracking experience, but that was then and this is now, and the fear is no longer there.

Life has become so much better now that there is NO more fear.

THANK YOU EVERYONE

Nicole Brown
09-18-2009, 06:35 AM
Hi Sheila,

I started going out long before I discovered this wonderful forum. It took me a long, long time, over 50 years, to build up the courage to venture out of the house en fem. I fully believe that it would have been a much shorter time if I had access to this forum and all of the wonderful girls who contribute and help their sisters.

I now find myself as a lady who ventures out 3 or 4 times a week as Nicole and loving every minute of it. I also find myself trying to help our younger sisters who are just now facing the same issues that I formally faced.

What a better place it is to live for younger girls with at advent of the internet and this forum.

Nicole

aggi123
09-18-2009, 11:32 AM
This forum has been a major stepping stone for me. I am currently in the process of shedding my weight and muscle for a more slim version of me. Can't wait until the process is over and to show off my before and after pics :)

Karren H
09-18-2009, 12:21 PM
I too was out way before I started reading stories.. Hell before I knew that others like me existed.. Before computers.. I think the last dinosaur was burried in our back yard.. Looonnnggg time ago.. Now I'm depressed... Sigh..

But I still love reading first time out stories.. Some of them are just amazing............ Still wonder what ever happened to that member with the feminiine voice changing pill? :)

Sally2005
09-18-2009, 12:50 PM
I like reading them and I tell about my outtings because I think others like reading them too. When you think about it, the probabilty of the worst happening is pretty low and even then, the worst usually isn't as bad as you imagined it to be...so if you are worried just prepare for the worst (bring a change of clothes etc.). Once you do it, you discover it was your own fear holding you back.

sherri52
09-18-2009, 01:30 PM
The stories here only help to confirm we are who we are. Going out is a thrill you have to enjoy each and every time or place.

AmyL
09-19-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm very much looking forward to my first outing en fem, but for now I have a lot of homework to do. First I have to buy a wig, buy some makeup and learn how to use it, buy some clothes, etc. Lots to do, but now that I've found this forum I think I'm on the right track!

Kate Simmons
09-19-2009, 04:51 PM
I too was out way before I started reading stories.. Hell before I knew that others like me existed.. Before computers.. I think the last dinosaur was burried in our back yard.. Looonnnggg time ago.. Now I'm depressed... Sigh..

But I still love reading first time out stories.. Some of them are just amazing............ Still wonder what ever happened to that member with the feminiine voice changing pill? :)Hmm Dino DNA must be the key. It's a known fact that some reptiles can become either gender as needed. Think that dinosaur was buried there by accident Karr?I doubt it. In either case I'm in the same boat as you (pre knowledge and pre internet)and going out there with a positive attitude helps.;):)