PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to become accepted mainstream

Nikki A.
09-18-2009, 07:06 AM
As for me I would like to be able to keep my nails polished at all times in any color that I felt like.
Of course being able to wear a skirt would be a close second.
What would you like to see become acceptable male mainstream style?

PaulaJaneThomas
09-18-2009, 07:35 AM
I have no interest in male style, mainstream or otherwise.

Tracy_Victoria
09-18-2009, 07:38 AM
I'm happy as I am, if I could wear the stuff all day long it would take the fun out of it for me.

carrie-ann
09-18-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm 24/7 already. I love it and it doesn't get old for me. I love getting up every morning and getting dressed. I love the smell and feel of make-up. I wear elizabeth arden. I love it I have to refresh things as the day goes but I have a smile on my face the whole time. I'm getting a lot of support out there. People are getting use to me. My customers are calling me carrie-ann nmore and more. I just smile so big when they call me by carrie-ann. I have got a lot of completments on my legs that really feels great. I don't pass real weel but I have a smile the whole time. Every one should be able to be them selves thats nwhat I want to see. As long as you dress appropriatly.

Karren H
09-18-2009, 08:01 AM
I have incorporated enough fem things into my daily life that I'm fine too... No real interest to fully crossdress everyday, everywhere.. Call me lazy but its just too damn much work! Lol.

Jocelyn Quivers
09-18-2009, 08:05 AM
I'd have to go with having the nails polished in whatever color I want and to be able to keep them long. It's too much of a pain for me and I'm too lazy to constantly polish my nails for a few hours while I'm at home, then take the polish off to go out anywhere.

Chari
09-18-2009, 08:20 AM
We ALL should be able to wear whatever we feel comfortable and confident in - NOT what society demands us to wear - especially guys! Girls/women can "barrow" anything from the guy closet and it becomes "fashion" - pants, jeans, shirts, tux, boxer shorts, even hairstyles to name a few! But if a guy wants to polish his nails, wear makeup, a skirt or dress, higher heels, hose, or silky lingerie - he is considered a weirdo with major gender problems and is taken to a shink or arrested! Does that seem equal and fair?

Wen4cd
09-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Humility.

Amyy
09-18-2009, 08:31 AM
I would love too see skirts accepted by society.
Especially skirt suits for work! :)

Of course. A skirt suit requires heels and pantyhose as well.

JulieC
09-18-2009, 09:43 AM
I'd just like to be able to wear what I want, when I want, within the bounds of law, and not face persecution by anybody for the choices in clothing I make.

There's many days I'd like to go to work wearing a skirt and heels. But, because of persecution, I can't. It's not illegal for me to wear a skirt and heels to work, but society makes it illegal anyway.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
09-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Just a question, but to those of you who have mentioned skirts as being something you wished you could wear more, do you mean even in drab?

Because even if you can't wear it to work yet, which even I don't do, have you ever considered wearing one while doing something casual? I've started wearing skirts in boy mode pretty frequently this summer and so far the reaction has been slim to none, which actually disappointed me a little bit, because I was so scared to do it for so long and then it ended up being a non issue.

But if more guys who wanted to wear skirts did it, the more likely it would become totally acceptable by the mainstream.

Prissy Linda
09-18-2009, 10:14 AM
As for me I would like to be able to keep my nails polished at all times in any color that I felt like.

The question asks What would you like to see acceptable male mainstream style. It doesn't mean you are required to crossdress, Just as women are not required to wear dresses, makeup or nail polish. The key word is acceptable.

Danielle Gee
09-18-2009, 03:34 PM
I don't really want to be a woman, and I don't dress everyday (or even every week). I think in my case I just enjoy the "Mechanics" of CD'ing .....you know, making myself as "passable" as I can be. I also think I enjoy the element of danger involved (like being caught)

Deborah Jane
09-18-2009, 04:13 PM
If it became mainstream i'd probably lose interest

Nicole Brown
09-18-2009, 04:26 PM

I really don't care about what is acceptable male mainstream style because I no longer consider myself male. I am more and more evolving into Nicole and I like it that way. If you reword your question to be "What would you like to see become acceptable mainstream style?", I would answer simply that each and every individual should be able to live their lives, as they see fit, without criticism or harassment from anyone. The only exception would be if your being were to harm or negatively affect someone else.

Nicole

SweetCaroline
09-18-2009, 07:14 PM
I agree on the finger nail thing however, I seriously doubt woman's styles such as skirts and high heels would ever become mainstream for men, since woman's style have been moving away from such things. It's highly unlikely men would adopt them if women don't even bother wearing them anymore.

Southern Jenni
09-18-2009, 08:25 PM
If I were King of the World and could change mainstream ideas with the stroke of a pen...

...I'd start with the color pink. Then leg-shaving.

mklinden2010
09-18-2009, 08:52 PM
>>What would you like to see become acceptable male mainstream style?

IQs above 150.

sherri52
09-18-2009, 08:56 PM
I would like to go 24 /7 in the dressing mode and still keep part of my manhood. I still like war movies lol

Julieanne
09-18-2009, 09:22 PM
A great question and interesting replies. For me, finger and toe nail polish is first. :rose2: I seldom use it because it's such a drag (!) to take it off after the short time I can use it when I am home alone.

Second, feminine earrings. :gorgeous:

Third, panties on days I go to and shower in the gym. :c9:

Oh well, why not just go with everything!:daydreaming:

Sherry-Stephanie
09-19-2009, 08:45 AM
I enjoy being of both gender and I think if becoming one or the other for me would take the fun out of it...I enjoy simply being like I am now wearing a pair of women's jeans and 4" slide on shoes...I'm with Karren on this..being a woman all the time and the work that goes into being a woman would be to much fo a pain and thn I'd not enjoy it....

Amyy
09-19-2009, 09:55 AM
I've started wearing skirts in boy mode pretty frequently this summer and so far the reaction has been slim to none, which actually disappointed me a little bit, because I was so scared to do it for so long and then it ended up being a non issue.

But if more guys who wanted to wear skirts did it, the more likely it would become totally acceptable by the mainstream.

That is something that I have wanted to do before, but I guess I am still a little too shy to do it, even if it is a non issue. Also, the fear of bumping into someone I know (as no one knows about my dressing) is something which makes this near impossible for me to do at the moment.:sad:

ChloeB
09-19-2009, 10:44 AM
I'd like to be able to have long hair cut in a woman's style

serinalynn
09-19-2009, 11:18 AM
I'd love to wear a skirt when ever I want to.

Maddie22
09-19-2009, 11:38 AM
I would say there is two things for me...I agree on the nail and nail polish on both hands and feet, and I think the other one would be the hair...i.e....hairless body & hairstyle

Frédérique
09-19-2009, 12:18 PM

Cleanly-shaven faces.

Humility.

That, too…

Rachel Morley
09-19-2009, 12:36 PM
What I want isn't so much something becoming mainstream or not as I already like to add femme things to my boy mode, I just don't want to have to keep explaining myself all the time! :sad:

When I wore girly earrings to work my male co-works were startled and I felt awkward because they expected me to somehow explain and justify why I was wearing them. They did again when I wore a fairly obvious girls top. I even had someone (a complete stranger) in a supermarket ask me why I painted my fingernails! It's none of their business! Quit being so nosey. Why can't they leave me alone to be how I want to be. Why do I have to somehow explain why I'm not being mainstream? (apparently).

Jamie001
09-19-2009, 11:24 PM
I suggest that you do some googline on men wearing toenail polish and you will find a lot of sites that discuss this. It is actually becoming quite popular in the hollywood crowd with Kate Beckinsale's husband and Tori Spelling's husband leading the charge. If you want to wear toenail polish, there is nothing stopping you. I wear red toenails polish in male mode whenever I am not at work and my toes are exposed for everyone to see. I get a lot of compliments from women. Fingernail polish would be a little more difficult because I can't hide it at work. Colored nail polish on women's fingernails is even considered unprofessional in a lot of (most) work environments. Why not start getting professional pedicures and wearing colored nail polish on your toes? That is how progress is made. Just like men with earrings. First the earrings were tiny; now men wear large diamond earrings because many men just got out there and did it. You can't affect change by wining and waiting for other people to blaze the trail for you. If you want to wear nail polish then start with toenail polish and just get out there and do it and be proud. Wear open toe shoes whenever you are not at work so everyone can see your pretty toes. It's really the only way to make progress so that these items become mainstream. If folks ask you why you are wearing toenail polish, be honest and tell them that you like having polished toenails and that you don't believe in sexual stereotypes. Don't make up a lame excuse that you lost a bet or something similarily absurd. Best of luck to you and let's get out there and make some progress.

:2c: Jamie

A great question and interesting replies. For me, finger and toe nail polish is first. :rose2: I seldom use it because it's such a drag (!) to take it off after the short time I can use it when I am home alone.

Second, feminine earrings. :gorgeous:

Third, panties on days I go to and shower in the gym. :c9:

Oh well, why not just go with everything!:daydreaming: