PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Outed

Maddie22
09-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Has anyone been reversed outed?

What I mean, has anyone that had only seen you dressed, recognize you when you were not dressed?

I've been going out by myself a bit to a few of the gay bars, and I was just wondering what would happen if they saw me in male mode?

dilane
09-18-2009, 08:04 PM
No.

On the contrary, several people, including my doctor, who have first met me en femme, have had a tough time recognizing me when they *knew* they were looking at my boy mode.

If you go to one of your haunts in boy mode, I suspect that you might be recognized not so much by your look, but by how you act, your facial expressions, voice, etc.

I went in boy mode once to a big club I used to frequent weekly, and nobody recognized me (unless I told them). However, I do have a good femme voice . (And I hope a decent male voice, too :).

TSchapes
09-18-2009, 08:23 PM
by myself!

It was the end of the last Southern Comfort Conference when I showed up at TxKimberly's breakfast table and introduced myself in drab. She informed me never to do that again! LOL

-Tracy

trannie T
09-18-2009, 08:32 PM
There are a few people who have seen both sides of me, usually they know Tom then meet Vanessa. I frequent a gay bar when dressed and go there occasionally in drab. A few people have made the connection. I feel more accepted there when en femme.

Chiana
09-18-2009, 08:34 PM
For the most part, I think most people are not very observant. I am outdoors a lot and since I was blessed with an extremely wide part in my hair, I always wear some kind of ballcap or hat to keep the top of my head from burning. People who only see me with a ballcap often do not recognize me without a hat on. There is only one person who knows about my CDing. And she has seen me dressed several times. I ran into her once when I was out dressed and she thought "who is this weird chick who keeps trying to talk to me?" It took me several minutes to get her to recognize me. So I think your chances of being reverse outed are very slim, indeed.

sherri52
09-18-2009, 08:37 PM
No never reversed and I hope if your friends seen you in male mode they would think you make a good looking male to.

Angelofsomekind
09-18-2009, 08:41 PM
I feel like this would be harder to do than being regularly outed. Recognized I mean.

Karren H
09-18-2009, 10:01 PM
So that would be Ined?

A coworker who also crossdresses and my fem side were introduced online by a member here and she told me she was able to figure out who my male self was from my photos and online posts and descriptions long before I told her who I was...

sandra-leigh
09-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Has anyone been reversed outed?

What I mean, has anyone that had only seen you dressed, recognize you when you were not dressed?

Been there, done that, considering the T-shirt run. :sad:

I have yet to meet anyone who can explain why, but it seems that anyone with even a below-average facial recognition skill recognizes me in either mode, even under conditions that would normally make it difficult to see people clearly (e.g., dim light, turned at an angle, 30-50 feet away). And not one of them has seemed surprised yet -- but a surprising number have been pleased to see me.

I don't stand out more than other people; I'm slightly taller than average (a hair shorter than 6') but well within norms in build, no sharp chin, no particular adams apple, not especially homely, not considered handsome... but many people remember me.

I was just wondering what would happen if they saw me in male mode?

In the gay bars, if I wander in male mode, the bartenders are likely to great me with "Hi, Darling". But we only have two remaining gay bars in town (no, not because the gay population is decreasing or there is social disapproval: it's because the gay population is well enough integrated into society here that most of them stopped needing "a place of their own" and the gay bars were getting most of their revenue from straight people who didn't care whether the person dancing next to them was gay or not.)

Melanie R
09-18-2009, 11:46 PM
I am on the board of a local transgender planning organization and have always attended meetings dressed as Melanie. Because of a family emergency I had to attend one meeting in drab as Mel. When I walked into the room two of the female to male TS's asked if I was at the right meeting. When I told them that Melanie was in drab tonight the shock on their faces was priceless - wish I had my camera for that. They said there is no way they would have recognized me if I had not told them.

Niya W
09-18-2009, 11:52 PM
I did it once, and was told I was never to show up as a boy EVER.

Barbara918
09-19-2009, 06:47 AM
Can't happen -- nobody knows me as only one or the other.

Franki Kate
09-19-2009, 07:14 AM
As I may have mentioned before, I attended a holloween gathering in my rural area and not one person knew who I was, when I arrived. The party was held in a large decorated barn. My wife and I had decided to enter separately, so that I might see who would know the new girl in the neighborhood. One of my best friends was there as well and stood right beside me for several minutes before he even know who the new lady was, beside him. My voice was the giveaway, for everyone. All the men took a long time to even come close to speak with me. The ladies were not standoffish at all; in fact several wanted to know how long it took for me to look "so nice". I was flattered. We talked makeup and the whole nine yards of getting to look like I did.

Kate Simmons
09-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Sorta. Some folks figured out who I was one time when I was Ericka CDing as "Eric". I tried to dance stiffly like a guy but couldn't and that's what gave me away.:)