PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Girly Day for Kathi!

Kathi Lake
09-18-2009, 11:37 PM
(Scroll down to #13 for the next post)

Hello all!

I probably should wait to post this as there's no way I can possibly tell you everything that happened today in the amount of detail we've all become accustomed to. :)

The short version is that after a few months, I had the chance to get girly today and do some shopping. Last week (story here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115312)) I went shopping in "boy mode" where I picked up a few pair of shoes and a gorgeous pair of black pants. The pants needed to be altered due to my freakishly long legs and a complete lack of both hips and butt. Today I was going to pick them up, and thought "Gee, since I'm picking up a pair of ladies pants, I wonder how I should dress. :)

I wore my pair of Silver skinny jeans and a new Fall half-sleeve turtleneck, along with my Jessica Simpson flats. Add the new bangle watch (very trendy in Utah these days) I bought the other day at the State Fair and I was ready to blend with the girls on a Power Shopping Friday (except for my Popeye-like arms)!

I went to Ulta, Nordstron, Talbots, White House/Black Market and more. Tune in tomorrow for story (Yes, don't worry. It'll be overly-detailed, self-serving, and long-winded. I Promise! :)) and pictures. Here's a teaser picture of me at home ready to go out. I'll be sanding and scraping and painting tomorrow, so I'm not sure when I'll post. Hopefully, it'll be worth it.

Kathi

Sara Jessica
09-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Let me be the first to say those flats are way too cute!!! Can't wait to hear the rest of your story.

Ediosa
09-18-2009, 11:46 PM
Do you always have to remind us of your size? :blah: We all know you are a skinny biatch!!!:D

Can't wait for the story. :)Always love them.
:hugs::love:

Elizabeth

Kathi Lake
09-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Yeah, you're right. I think it's more funny than anything. I removed the size reference.

Kathi

kellycan27
09-18-2009, 11:52 PM
As usual.. you look wonderful!

Kel

Ediosa
09-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Just joking. Sorry!!:sad:

Miranda09
09-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Looking great Kathi. :)

shayleetv
09-19-2009, 12:11 AM
If you were at Fashion Place I'm sorry I missed you. I was at South Town.

Nicole Brown
09-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Hi Kathi,

OMG, do you look wonderful in that picture, I'd die for your figure. Well, maybe not die for it, maybe just kill for it... :battingeyelashes:

Seriously, you look absolutely stunning and I can't wait to see you in all of the new clothing that you bought. BTW, don't feel bad about having to scrape, sand and paint, I will be doing the same in just a few minutes. Bet we'd both much rather be sitting here chatting with the girls.. :battingeyelashes:

Smooth sanding,

Nicole

Joni Marie Cruz
09-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Kathi, you always look so great.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Chari
09-19-2009, 08:32 AM
What "Popeye-like arms"???? You appear to be a very tall gal with a toned body, comfortable in who she is, and better looking than some GGs! Always great to read more adventures of Kathi.

Kathi Lake
09-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Wow! What a day!

First, my wife left on a trip again last night, so I'm a mom again. After crashing hard last night at 11:30 after a full day of shopping and pre work for painting, I got up at 6:00 to get my middle child dropped off to a cross-country race. I dropped my youngest off at her soccer game and picked my middle one up at 11:30, got him and I fed and then picked up my daughter at 12:30. I dropped my son off at 12:45 for his soccer game and took my daughter to get soccer pictures. As I was in the parking lot doing my daughter's hair, one of the moms remarked that I really knew what I was doing and that her daughter was next. Another mom said, "And then you can do my hair, too!" It makes you wonder how much women know and how much of ourselves we let slip out even in "innocent" circumstances.

So, pictures being over, I now have to get my middle son after his soccer game and deliver my daughter to get her hair done at Ulta. The girls there just love her. They say that she's daddy's little girl, and hope that when she grows up, that she can be as pretty and girly as me (they don't say that to her, of course :)). After her hair appointment, it's off to a church auction night. I'll probably get home around 9:30 and crash. No painting for me today.

Unfortunately, that also means that my updates to this saga will be a bit sporadic as I'll post when I get a few minutes to breathe. SO, let's start with the start of the day - Ulta, my favorite candy store!

In my first post, you saw what I was wearing - something casual, but cute. As I walked in, Britney was the first to see me. She called out a cheery "Hey girlfriend!" As I was chatting with her, the manager walked by. She heard me talking and did a double-take. "Oh my God!! I've never seen you dressed before (though she has seen pictures). Turn around" she said. She then went on to say that I was very pretty and would fool anyone. She said that when I first walked in, her first thought was "Wow, she's pretty! Tall too" and went back to her stocking. She complimented me on my pants (she knew they were Silver jeans - with so many brands, how do girls keep them straight?) and absolutely adored my shoes.

The manager asked me why I was in. Britney piped up with a "Let me guess, another shopping trip? You promised to take me shopping, remember?" I told them that I had made an appointment with the Smashbox trainer at 11:00. "Oh cool! She's really good" they said. They took me over to meet her, but on the way I stopped them and said I wanted some constructive criticism on my makeup as both of them had done me before (minds out of the gutter, please :)). They took my face and turned me this way and that. "Girl, you've got it goin' on!" the manager said. Britney sniffed and said, "They grow up so fast. It was only yesterday that your mascara had training wheels, and now look at you!" They both said that they loved the way I had done my eyes - especially my liner. I reminded them that they had taught me. Britney said, "Yeah, we know. We rock!"

They took me to the Smashbox trainer. Oh! My! God! Imagine five foot, six inches of incredible feminine beauty poured into black spandex. When she saw me, her eyes (beautiful blue, by the way) grew wide. "So, you're my first victim, uhhh, I mean client today?" she said with a chuckle. She had me sit down and asked me what I was thinking about. I didn't want to tell her that I was wondering about the tensile strength of her clothing, so I said instead, "Oh, I was wondering if you could show me some tricks with my eyes - maybe something a little wilder than my usual librarian look." She laughed and we went over to the eyeshadow area. She showed me their new line, called Reign. There was one palate that was almost exactly what I was wearing, and another that had this beautiful cranberry in it. I told her that I wanted to try some understated looks with a bit more color. We grabbed some shades and sat back down.

As she was removing my eye makeup, she asked me how old I was. I told her 46. She said she never would have guessed that and thought maybe early 30's. I told her that I tried to take care of myself and my skin. She said I was doing a good job. She complimented me on my soft skin and said to keep up on whatever regimen I was using. She asked me if one of the girls there had done my makeup. I said that I had done it myself. She seemed surprised, and looked at my face and said that I really was very good, and that it really looked wonderful. Since she wasn't trying to sell me anything, I took it as a compliment. She then asked me if I competed. I wasn't sure what she meant, so asked her. She said, "You know, drag shows, female impersonator beauty contests." I laughed and told her that no, the only competition I have had is the for mirror in the morning. She said, "Oh, does your boyfriend get in the way?" I said, "Ummmmm, not exactly. My wife does, though. :) When she heard this, her eyes grew real large (a wonderful effect. My, she had pretty eyes). She said, "Oh my God, you're straight? And you look like this? That is so unfair! You need to dress like a woman more often." It was funny, when she found out I was straight, I noticed that her back arched a little more and it looked like she suddenly grew another cup size. :) She then went on to tell me that she is based in Denver and that she has friends that had tried out for RuPaul's Drag Race and she did the makeup for them. She said that I was prettier than many of them and I should think about competing. I thanked her and said that I didn't think it was open to straight guys. She laughed and agreed, but did say that she knew of one or two that were also straight - definitely a minority, but a few. She said it would be fun, that I should try it and she would even do my makeup, if I wanted, and gave me her number.

Well, she started on my eyes. I watched the way she blended the different shades and loaded them into the brush. I asked a lot of questions and made sure that I could duplicate what she was doing. When she was smoothing the shadow primer on, she said "Wow, even your eyelids are incredibly soft. Are you sure you're not really a girl?" I said that if I was, I had just wasted plenty of money on a prostate exam. All the girls watching (we had about four now) broke up and she continued on my eyes. She did my lids, and started on my eyeliner. She then asked me if I minded if she did my mascara. I told her that it was no problem as she probably would do a better job than me. She said,"Remember, I saw the job you did. You're really pretty good." After doing my lashes, she repaired my foundation from where the makeup remover had taken it off from under my eyes. She said she was done and let me look into the mirror. Wow! I had pretty eyes that really "popped" instead of my usual daytime smoky eye. She had mixed coppery colors with the burgundy. Britney said it looked really cute. She said that the coppery tones really brought out the green in my eyes, and when I blinked, you saw a flash of burgundy, which, she said, really looked good with my top and made my eyes sparkle. The Smashbox girl had also lined my lower eyelid - something I don't usually do since my eyes are kind of small and that usually closes them up and makes them disappear. She had really smudged them into my lower lashes, so that my eyes looked really defined.

I wish, thinking about it, that I had has the presence of mind to take the camera out of my purse and get a few shots, but I am, of course, a guy and therefore forgot. Ah well.

I talked for awhile with the girls there, telling them what I had planned for my shopping. I told them my plans were to pick up the pants at Nordstrom and then look for some leggings and maybe a cute sweater. They thought I'd look cute in leggings, since my legs are so long and told me to be sure and come back and ". . . show your skinny ass off." :)

Britney gave me a hug as I was leaving. I said, "What's that for?" I said. She said that she was so glad that I came in, that I was always so friendly and happy and that they always had fun when I came. I asked about her husband who's on his way to the sandbox. She said she was almost glad that he left since that means the countdown could officially start. It'll be her first time to have her man deployed, so I told her that I would come in extra often to check up on her. The manager said that this had better not be the last time she sees me dressed up. She said that I was always welcome, told me that I was pretty again, touched my shoulder and I was out the door - floating on a sea of estrogen (and a little fog of Burberry Weekend that Britney sprayed me with).

Next stop, Nordstrom! As I said, I'm not sure when I'll post. I'll try to do one soon.

Kathi

Kathi Lake
09-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Nordstrom was a madhouse!

When I pulled into the parking lot (always tiny anyway), there were cars aplenty! I found a spot after a lady backed out of hers. She looked at me, smiled, really looked at me and smiled bigger. I grabbed my bag containing the two pairs of shoes that I bought last week. Although I absolutely love, love, love the gray suede BCBG pumps, I tried them on with everything in my closet - my 5 or 6 black skirts, my pinstripe charcoal gray suit skirt, my dresses, my black and white herringbone skirt, everything - and they just didn't work. Boo hoo! So, I wandered to the shoe section,which happens to be near another favorite section (well, they're all my favorite sections, 'cept the men's department, of course :)) - the makeup section. They must have had some event going on, because it was nothing but tables and makeup chairs and cosmetic company representatives dressed all in black. I looked longingly at that area, but didn't really have the time for another makeover. Pity.

I browsed the sale racks, but they were pretty picked over. A lady came over to ask if I needed help. I said I was needing to return a pair of shoes that I bought last week. She took me over to the register. On the way there, she asked me if I dressed up a lot. I told her that sometimes it seemed that way to my wife, but only about once a month or so. She said that Jennifer (the cute blond that helped me last time) talked about me. I said, "I'll just bet!" She said that no, Jennifer was really complimentary, and said that I just had that "womanly vibe" and she said that she agreed, I was very pretty and that she was jealous of my shape. So, as she was refunding the money for the shoes, up walks a huge walrus of a man in uniform. Gulp! He looked at me, smiled and just said, "Ma'am." I thought a million things, "I'm busted! Wait, why am I busted? I used the family bathroom this time since the ladies room was on the second floor. Man, this guy is huge! I would hate to have to cook for him" and other things. He walked away and I breathed a sigh of relief. I'm not sure why he came over - maybe to satisfy his curiosity.

I then went upstairs to a very busy women's department. I found the lady that helped me last time. She said, "Oh, Hi (my guy name)! Your pants are ready. I said I was there to pick them up. She found them and led me back to the fitting rooms. We finally found an unused stall and I shucked my skinny jeans and pulled on the slacks. Wow, I love the way women's pants drape, the feel of the fabric sliding over hose, the way they just fit perfectly! I came out and she said that they looked wonderful. We went to the big lighted three-way so "you can see yourself better" she said. I had to wait for another lady getting a skirt marked for alteration. The alteration lady asked me how they felt. I said they felt wonderful and that the length was perfect, the waist was just right and the hip-bagginess was gone. She turned me around some and said that I definitely made the pants look good. Sh said to come back anytime as I really looked good in ladies' pants.

I walked back to my stall (why do they call them that, anyway. I'm not an animal! :)) and grabbed my camera. I didn't know Nordstrom's policy on picture-taking, so I hid it in the waistband of my pants and walked to the three-way at the other end of the stalls. I snapped a quick picture (below, sorry for the bad lighting - it's dark in there!), and went back to change. As I was walking back, a lady stopped me and said that my outfit looked perfect. I was wearing my new burgundy heels from last week, my new black pants, and my turtleneck from this morning.I thanked her and said that I just loved wearing these clothes and said why can't men's clothes be this fun. She agreed and said men definitely got the short end of the stick in that department.

I walked around the store, and after awhile, found that i was being stalked. Three women were essentially following me as I meandered from department to department. I think they were wondering if I was a man (like it wasn't obvious). After about five minutes of cat and mouse (and whispers, on their part), I moved towards them and said hello. One looked stunned, and the other two looked smug. I asked them if they were finding anything cute. They kind of looked at me and said "You bet!" I laughed and kept looking through the racks. As they were leaving, I heard one of them say, "Told ya! His hands were just too big." One of the others said, "Oh my heck! I'd kill to have his shape! Do you think that was a wig or his own hair?" Now that's a compliment! :)

Finding nothing, I went across the street to Talbots to look for some Fall pants. Continued in next post (whenever I can get to it). Thanks for reading, all!

Kathi

sherri52
09-19-2009, 07:36 PM
It was a nice day wasn't it. Be waiting for the rest of the story.

Pocatellolass
09-19-2009, 08:28 PM
WOW! What a day! I am tired and jealous just reading it :)

You look WONDERFUL

Kathi Lake
09-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Talbots was actually kind of slow. The lady who helped me in drab last week looked surprised when she saw me. I don't think she had seen me dressed before. "Wow! You really look great" she said. She also reminded me that I had left my five dollar gift card in the dressing room last week and gave me another one. She asked me what I was in for and I told her that I was looking for some nice Fall pants. She looked at my top and said she had the perfect pair. It was a pair of muted red and green pants in a nice houndstooth pattern. The color of the red in it was a great match for the blouse I was wearing. The lowest size they had there was a 2. I didn't see anything else, and the sale area was pretty picked over, so I walked back to the dressing room she had set up for me. She had added a few belts and some pretty Fall scarves. The pants fit nicely, but were a bit too large for my waist. So, I untucked my blouse and found that it looked better that way anyway as they were a bit low-waisted.

I tried a few different scarves, but nothing was really working. The SA came back to see how everything was going when I was at the three-way. When another lady heard the SA, she came out of her stall as well, but when she saw me, she paused a second and went back in. Poor shy little thing. :) I agreed the pants were cute, but said that I was going to wait this time. Unless something really grabs me, unless it's a great price, I just don't jump on it. I like to stew a bit, see if I can live without it, and look in my closet to see what it would go with. So, Talbots was kind of a bust. Pity, because I usually love their clothes!

Below are two shots that I took there. One of my "shopping" outfit, and one of the pants that, for now, stayed on the rack.

Before the pictures, a funny story I remembered. When I went into Ulta, the manager (not sure how to spell her name, but she pronounces it eye-LEESH-uh, said, "Wow! I've been thinking about you for the last few days. I must have EPT. Britney and I looked at each other, puzzled. I said, "Do you mean ESP?" Britney said "Ya know, EPT is a pregnancy test. Is there something you're not telling us?" We all cracked up. She's a blond, but certainly not a dumb one. Heck, I wouldn't want to mess with her. In addition to her mad makeup skillz, she just finished her first triathlon!

Kathi

Kathi Lake
09-19-2009, 08:59 PM
After Talbots, it was nearing 1:30. I stopped off and grabbed a quick bite to eat, and wondered if I should just bag my next stop - White House/Black Market (WH/BM). I decided that I really wanted to go, and knew I had time, so I went. I had so much fun!

As soon as I walked through the door, I was greeted by my favorite sales person in the world! Michelle knows my sizes, she knows my taste, she is always helpful, friendly, courteous, and other Boy Scouty things. :)
She came up to me, gave me a big hug and said she missed me. I complimented her on her outfit (black blouse, black skirt, black jacket and off-black hose), and the most adorable boots! They were kind of a high-heeled cowboy boot in a nice caramel color. You'd think that it wouldn't work, but she is gorgeous and so confident, she could make anything work! We chatted for awhile and I asked her how her wedding went. She said she had a wonderful day, and almost teared up telling me about it. I told her that I was so glad for her and said that she missed out an a very unique bridesmaid. She said "Don't think it didn't cross my mind!"

She asked me what I was in for today. I said that I was looking through their catalog and I just fell in love with the "loose over tight" look. She squealed and said that that look was made for me - a tiny little bottom and a pretty floaty top - perfect since it is just made for triangle-shaped women like me. I also told her that I was also looking for something pretty. She smiled and said that I always looked pretty. We went around the store, looking at item after item. I thought she was underestimating my size because she kept picking size small tops. She just smiled and said "trust me - these run a little large, plus, c'mon! You're a tiny little thing!" She picked item after item. We went to the leggings and she said "What size do you think? A 00?" I said no, let's start with the 0. She said Okayyyyy, in that way that means, "I think you should get this size, but we'll see." When we went back to the dressing room, it wouldn't all fit since there are only two little "stubs" sticking out about 6 inches to hang the clothes on. She wheeled over a portable rack and said "We'll just have a little overflow area for you then."

I tried on outfit after outfit. She had brought out the very cute pumps since all I had was flats. Here's what they looked like:

http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/Product_Images/300113538_016.jpg

The first outfit I tried on was the one I came to get - it was a pair of very tight leggings and a pretty long sweater. It should be the picture below on the left. When I came out in that, Michelle and the other ladies' jaws kind of dropped. I guess I looked OK. :) They said that the outfit was perfect and that I really made it look good. One lady said that she couldn't pull it off due to her child-bearing hips, but I sure could. Looking in the mirror, I knew that the outfit was a keeper. There was only one thing wrong - the leggings were a bit too baggy. I shyly told Michelle that and she said "I told you so! I already have the 00's for you on the overflow rack." :)

I switched to those and came out again. This time when I came out, a lady had stopped by to see what all the fuss was about. When she saw me, she looked, smiled, and then just kind of stopped. Her smile kind of vanished and she walked away to another part of the store. Sigh. I hate when that happens. Some people, no matter how much fun I'm having, just don't seem to like a guy in women's clothes. Oh well, I change the ones I can.

Knowing that this outfit was a keeper, I told Michelle to add it to the "Yes" rack. I then tried on the other 50-60 outfits (an exaggeration, but just a little) she had left for me. I tried on dresses and bustiers and tops and pants and so much more. At one point, I heard another SA through the door, who had just come in for the day, say that she had just seen some new dresses come in today and that she hadn't seen them on anyone yet. Michelle said that <my boy name> would be happy to try them on and to go grab the new dresses in a size 4. The SA said "Is this the guy you were telling me about? He's a size four?!" Michelle said, "Oh, that's only in dresses. Just wait until you see him." She said through the door, "Hey, we have some more dresses and outfits we need you to try on. You're not opposed to that, are you?" I said that I guess I could suffer through it, if I had to. :)

More later.

Kathi

Paula W
09-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Ive got plenty of butt to lend you if you are willing to lend me that figure lol.

Thats amazing that you are on a first name basis with so many people at the stores you shop at, wish I had that kind of confidence to shop like you do.

Sally2005
09-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Hey, you make that last outfit look great! Thanks for the incredible story. I was just sitting here about to fall asleep, but reading about your outting just energized me. I liked the comment about doing your daughter's hair...it is funny, the comments people make over such things. I think its pretty cool that you shop at these places and light up everyone's lives. I look forward to reading about the rest.

Rhonda Jean
09-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Kathi,
I think that last outfit is the best I've ever seen on you! And a "00"! You really are a tiny thing! You're nearly down to shopping in the girl's department. I don't think I know a woman whose a 00, 0 1, or 2. After my weight loss (since mostly regained) I got down to a size 4, occasionally a 3, depending on the slacks or jeans. In dresses I was still a 6, but I hardly ever wear a dress. I found a size 2 skirt that fit and bought it but never wore it. I just wanted to buy a size 2. You know how skirts are, though. Sizes don't mean a lot. At 5'9" I was too skinny.

Although I'm bigger than you, I've been referred to as a tiny thing, little, skinny, etc. all my life. As a guy, those terms are kind of insulting. As a crossdresser, though, they're high compliments. Certainly being a tiny thing helps you pass, and even when you don't pass, being smaller than most women, you're not imposing or threatening. Of course, being nice, friendly, approachable, respectful, and BUYING the clothes and makeup you try are probably as big of factors as any.

I love reading about your outings. Quite inspiring. I'm going on a diet today!

vivianann
09-20-2009, 04:20 AM
Kathi looks like you had a wonderful time, and the ladies at the mall treated you well. I was at the fashon place Mall a couple of weeks ago enfemme and was treated very well by the ladies there. I went to sears, nordstrums, toreds, and had a lady at one of the kiosks in the hallway want to touch my breasts, it was hilarious, I told her she could if I could touch hers, so as as a result we did not touch each other:D
Kathi I would like to plan a time when we can meet again, and this time I want to be dressed enfemme also.

steftoday
09-20-2009, 08:04 AM
what a great shopping tale!! you look awesome, btw!!!

Ediosa
09-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Wow!! That last outfit is dreamy!!:daydreaming:

Glad you got it. It was made for you. :)
:love:

Elizabeth

MsJanessa
09-20-2009, 09:29 AM
your new dress is stunning---good choice

msginaadoll
09-20-2009, 11:26 AM
I loved your posting! You are so descriptive and know what details to include. It makes you feel like you were there in person.

Kathi Lake
09-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Before I continue, may I just let you all know my thoughts on painting.

It sucks!

As Forrest Gump (my idol) said, ". . . and that's all I have to say about that."

OK, where was I? Oh yeah! White House/Black Market!

Michelle had just piled even more dresses and clothes outside of my door as the "new girl" hadn't yet seen Kathi. Boy, was she in for a surprise! :)

She knocked and said she first wanted me to try on this beautiful flowered sheath. I looked at the dress. It was a size 4. I thought that I'd never get it zipped up! As usual for this day, I should have trusted Michelle - it fit. Looking in the mirror, it really fit the contours (what there are) of my body well, but there was something wrong - my upper arms. I asked her through the door if she could bring me the black silk shrug that I had bought a few trips ago. She asked why. I opened the door a crack and let her have a peek. "Oh wow! You're really built! Ummmm, I'll go and get the shrug" she said. She came back with the shrug, I put it on and opened the door and clicked out to the mirror. The new girl laughed. I looked quizzically at her, and her eyes got big and she said "No no! I'm sorry! I'm not laughing at you. I just can't believe it! You look so good. I would never ever guess that you were a guy." Michelle said to her "Told ya so. Is he hot or what?" I clicked on over to the mirror. The new girl asked how I was able to walk so well in heels. I told her that I have had plenty of practice. She said that so did she, but she just didn't do as well in heels that high. Michelle said "I think the difference is, he wants to walk in heels, and we have to."

I then tried on about five more dresses. One was almost going to be mine, but it was afflicted with the problem of most of the dresses out there - the waist hit me right below the bust. It was really cute, too. It looked like a two-piece, with a black pencil skirt and a pretty flowy blouse with a wide black patent belt between. Here's a picture:

http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/Product_Images/300113653_016.jpg

After going through more outfits, I started on my "yes" stack and my "no" stack. The long ivory sweater - definitely! The black leggings? Anything that makes me look like I have curves - you bet!

I was almost done, when Michelle told me to get the leggings on again. She said, "You have to try on the Frenchy sweater!" The other ladies echoed how cute it was. I wasn't sure which one she meant. She went to get it for me. When I saw it, I said I had seen it in the catalog, but it didn't look like my style. Michelle said "You're going to try it on for me young lady, aren't you?" Then she sang, "You're going to love iiiiiiitttt." For her, I would try on pasties. :)

I tried it on, put on the black and white pumps, walked out to the mirror, and fell in love. There were a few ladies browsing around. They caught sight of me and one almost fell down turning to get a better look. The other one turned around with a frown and went back to her browsing. The first lady came over after a bit and said "I just had to come over and tell you how beautiful you look. What is your secret? Do you diet? Go to the gym? Sell your soul?" I told her that I had no secret, that I just had a freakish metabolism. She asked me if I had had the surgery yet (why do people keep asking me that?!). I laughed and said that I was just a guy doing this for fun and that I liked my body the way I was. She looked at my boobs, ran her eyes downwards, shook her head and said that it wasn't fair, and again how pretty I was. I thanked her for her kind words and accepting attitude.

Michelle pulled me aside and said that I really, really looked good. "I'm not saying that as a sales person" she said. She then said, "You always look so good, and we all love when you come in." I looked in the mirror again. I couldn't believe how the sweater and leggings gave me the illusion of curves. It was hard to break my gaze away from the mirror. I sighed and went into my room to change back into my shopping clothes. I then came outside and went to the register to pay. Michelle gave me a 15% off coupon and I had my normal 10% discount. Bonus!!

Continued (and finished) in the next post Oh yeah, here's a picture of the outfit!.

Kathi Lake
09-20-2009, 08:33 PM
I loved your posting! You are so descriptive and know what details to include. It makes you feel like you were there in person.That's kind of my point in including more than just the "normal" details. Some people don't get to go out as much as me, it seems. I like to let others "live vicariously" through me.

Kathi- Wow! You look great!
(And, um, could you please pass me Michelle's phone number, lol!)
SaraThank you, and all the others, for the kind compliments. :)

If you were at Fashion Place I'm sorry I missed you. I was at South Town.Shaylee, we have to go shopping together sometime! Trust me, it would be fun!

OK, break time's over - back to painting! :Angry3:

Kathi

Melissa Anne
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Kathi,
Sounds like you had a great day out and about. I love reading your posts about your adventures. I'm glad you had a great day!

SherriePall
09-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Kathi -- Your shopping stories are soooo much fun. I just love the way the SA's interact with you and I really love the way you look in those outfits! And, yes, I do live vicariously through your adventures. Although, it won't be long til I get back out again.

Kathi Lake
09-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Oh yeah! I thought I'd add a part. There's so much that happens, I want to put it all in, but it's hard to type all of this stuff down since I am a hunt & peck typist. :)

When I had the Frenchy sweater on, they said that I was a knockout with the leggings, but wanted to see me in a black pencil skirt with it and maybe some skinny jeans. They brought a few skirts in. One was about knee-length. It looked OK, but kind of "dowdied" the whole look. The other was a miniskirt with the metallic zipper clearly showing in the back. When I came out in that, Michelle shouted out "Bingo!" It did look cute, but was a bit short - even for me. She said to try it on with skinny jeans next. I went back in and changed into my skinny jeans and came out. She said, "Eh. I said skinny jeans." "These aren't skinny?" I said. She smiled and said, "No. Those are comfy jeans. Trust me. Haven't you tried our skinny jeans?" I said no, so I clicked on over to the jeans area with her. Can I say how much I love the sound of heels clicking on tile? I noticed as we were walking, that our heel strikes were happening at about the same time. That's good as I've been practicing my girly walk - closer, smaller steps, stomach in, butt (the poor little thing) out, feet following an imaginary line.

She picked out a 0 and a 00. I almost asker her for a size 2, but felt that she was right a heck of a lot more than I was that day, so I shut up and let Michelle drive. I clicked back to my room and pulled my skinny jeans - or at least what I once thought were skinny jeans - off. Do you ever see girls whose jeans look like they're spray-painted on? These were those jeans. I think there was more spandex than denim in them. I slid them up - glad that I was wearing hose - and zipped them. I slid on the pumps, smoothed out my sweater (man, I love looking down and seeing breasts! :)) and walked out. Michelle said, "Now those are skinny jeans! See what I mean?" It was true. It was like wearing a bra for my lower body. All of the pieces and parts were molded into place. She walked over to the mirror next to me and told me to turn to the side. She said, "Look at your butt. When you came in, your butt was cute - and definitely girly, but in these jeans it really pops out at you. Now, you have a perfect, dare I say it - womanly ass."

For some reason, that kind of made me uncomfortable. In all of my dressing, it seems there's such a dichotomy to me. I say I want to blend and not be noticed, but I wear tight jeans and a bright red tight sweater that leaves nothing to the imagination. Do I want to blend or stand out? Also, in those jeans, I did look good. Looking in the mirror, I almost felt stirrings myself. That scared me. I dress because it's fun. I don't want to dress in a manner where I would attract guys. Not that I would, if they ever saw my face. It's odd, I guess.

Well, I returned to the dressing room and looked at all the fun clothes I was able to try on and able to buy. I smiled to myself again and shook my head at how much fun I get to have in my life. I brought my "yes" pile to the register, Michelle thanked me and I was off.

Oh! Crap! I hadn't meant to spend nearly that amount of time in the store! I had gotten there around 2:00, and now it was pushing 4:00. I had planned to be home around 4:00, so I had left much of my stuff - bra form covers, my Magic Suitcase, etc. downstairs in full view. I knew my wife would be home around 5:30, so didn't panic until I looked at my phone and got her voice message. She had gotten out of a meeting early and took the train home. The message was from around 2:30. Normally, it takes her about 2 hours to get home on the train. I was 30 miles away during rush hour traffic. I was never going to make it.

Before I continue, most of you know that my wife is tolerant of my dressing, but she pendulums a bit. Lately, the pendulum is swinging towards acceptance, but I didn't want to push it. We still haven't had a boundaries talk yet. She knows I go out, and has only told me to be careful of being seen by neighbors and the like. I didn't want to throw this in her face - especially as she was in that special place in her cycle. :)

I drove like a madwoman - swerving lanes, using the carpool lane, whatever it took. It still wasn't going to be enough. I had promised to pick the kids up from after-school care, and knew I could make it, but would have to change in the car. Luckily, I had the presence of mind to bring makeup wipes and eye-makeup remover in my purse.

Before I could start on my reverse-girlification, I noticed a car of guys keeping pace with me. I looked over and saw three guys smiling at me. I smiled back. I thought I would have a little bit of fun, so I twirled my hair a bit. They smiled a bit more. I did the girly "hair flip" move with my hand, hamming it up so they knew it was for them. They laughed. I then made a move like I was going to do it again, and ripped off my wig. I love watching people's reactions when they have the rug yanked out from underneath them. :)

After avoiding them as their car swerved a bit, I started removing my makeup. Once that was done, I unhooked my bra, fished the straps out the sleeves of my blouse, and removed my bra. I reached under my top and peeled my forms off. I really wish I could have seen the reactions of the people in the cars next to me, but it was hard enough driving and degirlifying as it was. :)

My wife and I had chatted a few times briefly on the phone while I was in the car and she was on the train. I knew she was going to be there before me. Sigh. I lied. I told her that traffic was very heavy (true), and asked if she could pick up the kids. She said she had just picked up the dry-cleaning, was pulling up to the house and really had to pee. I asked her nicely if she would do it. She said OK. As I was driving near our house, I saw her van coming my way. I pulled into a side street and waited for her to pass and then went home. One I pulled in, I grabbed my shopping bags, purse, and everything else out of my car. I changed into my boy clothes (which I had brought, but forgot shoes. Oops.) and hurriedly ran around putting stuff away. By the time she pulled in, I had about stopped gasping for breath and all was well.

The lesson is one I already know. I need to make her a bigger part of my decisions. She knows I dress. She knows why I dress (at least, as much as I know the reasons myself). I just really want to be more open and honest with her. I hate skulking around - even though she knows I skulk. I just want her in the loop more than her current level of "Don't ask, don't tell."

So, another shopping tale ends. It was a wonderful, wonderful day of bonding with my friends, and those who will be friends someday. Hope you enjoyed it half as much as I did! :)

Kathi

Kathi Lake
09-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Yay! I'm finally done painting and can post again!

Well, I'm not done done. I might be totally finished with painting sometime before the eventual heat death of the universe, but who knows? :)

So, allow me to "catch up" on responding to everyone.

Thats amazing that you are on a first name basis with so many people at the stores you shop at, wish I had that kind of confidence to shop like you do.What's amazing about it? Honestly. Are we doing anything wrong? Nope. So why should we feel bad or have a lack of confidence? That I am on a first-name basis with people is more my personality. I like to greet people by name - whether I am at the auto parts store as a guy, or at the dress shop as a girl. People like to be known and remembered.

I liked the comment about doing your daughter's hair...it is funny, the comments people make over such things. I think its pretty cool that you shop at these places and light up everyone's lives. I look forward to reading about the rest.It was funny, I heard the two moms talking and walking, and when they got near me and saw me doing my daughter's hair, they kind of stopped talking for a bit. I'm not sure if it looked like I knew what I was doing (I should. I've done my daughter's hair since birth, and Jen at the Ulta salon teaches me new tricks every time I take my daughter in) or if I was doing a good job, but to them it just seemed out of the ordinary, I guess. Glad you like the adventures. I'm also glad that you got that darn song stuck in my head (Debby Boone - You Light Up My Life). Thanks, Sally! :)

Although I'm bigger than you, I've been referred to as a tiny thing, little, skinny, etc. all my life. As a guy, those terms are kind of insulting. As a crossdresser, though, they're high compliments. Certainly being a tiny thing helps you pass, and even when you don't pass, being smaller than most women, you're not imposing or threatening. Of course, being nice, friendly, approachable, respectful, and BUYING the clothes and makeup you try are probably as big of factors as any.

I love reading about your outings. Quite inspiring. I'm going on a diet today!No need for a diet. Love yourself for who you are! I do agree - growing up with people mistaking you for a girl from behind or being called tiny (I didn't hit 100 pounds until midway through my Senior year) doesn't exactly help you out in the "Manly ego" department, but it does help when finding a dress. :)

Also, you are right again about treating SA's as the wonderful people they can be. If you treat people with respect, it usually comes back.

Kathi,
Sounds like you had a great day out and about. I love reading your posts about your adventures. I'm glad you had a great day!. . . and I can't wait until we get to have a shopping trip! It'll be fun - guaranteed!

Kathi -- Your shopping stories are soooo much fun. I just love the way the SA's interact with you and I really love the way you look in those outfits! And, yes, I do live vicariously through your adventures. Although, it won't be long til I get back out again.Sherie, I'm glad that you're getting back into that great big beautiful world, and making it a more beautiful place with your presence. I'm glad you think I look good in my outfits. Sometimes it is so hard to look in the mirror and not see the guy staring back.

Kathi

Susan.
09-23-2009, 11:43 PM
I love your posts. They are some of the better ones. Obviously, you look great, at least you keep telling us that. LOL I'm just kidding, and jealous. I hope we can see them more often.

Sara Jessica
09-24-2009, 06:58 AM
Hi Kathi, being a little distracted lately, I am so glad to be catching up on your tale with a wonderful warm cup of coffee this morning. And of course I reached for my WH/BM catalogue and then I realized...

She's wearing my outfit!!!!

OK, it's not mine yet but the black leggings with the white long cardigan is the outfit that I have been eyeing since the catalog arrived. I'm not a big fan of the bow though (on me, maybe I'd have to see it on) but it says it's removable. Regardless, all of my leggings are capri-length and I must get a pair of the longer style in black at the very least.

And that dress, it is absolutely beautiful. Too bad it didn't work out for you.

I have always prided myself in being outgoing, to be able to make people feel at ease but you clearly take it to a new level. Thank you for sharing such a fun story, and for writing about your travels in so much detail!!! :)

boardpuppy
09-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Kathi, such a wonderful and uplifting shopping day. Those dresses, how can you pick and choose which to take home and which to leave. That's why I don't go shopping as much as I would like to, no will power. Well, that's not quite true, I would have to move the SO's clothes out of our closet and that would not go over very good. The pics of the outfits you chose were to die for.....TKS

Hugs,
Alice

Kathi Lake
09-24-2009, 09:16 AM
I love your posts. They are some of the better ones. Obviously, you look great, at least you keep telling us that. LOL I'm just kidding, and jealous. I hope we can see them more often.Pamela, Phew! I'm glad I caught the "LOL - kidding" part. When I saw the phrase, ". . . you look great, at least you keep telling us that" my heart sank. I certainly do not say I'm beautiful. As I've said before, I do have an OK body, but my face leaves much (waaaaaaaaayyyyy much!) to be desired. Anytime you see the word beautiful or pretty in one of my posts - it's not from me, but from very nearsighted, very polite people. I never want to be the one crying out how beautiful or feminine I am. Ewwwwww! So not me.

She's wearing my outfit!!!!Well, you left it in the store. It was lonely. What else should I have done? :)

OK, it's not mine yet but the black leggings with the white long cardigan is the outfit that I have been eyeing since the catalog arrived. I'm not a big fan of the bow though (on me, maybe I'd have to see it on) but it says it's removable. Regardless, all of my leggings are capri-length and I must get a pair of the longer style in black at the very least.

And that dress, it is absolutely beautiful. Too bad it didn't work out for you.

I have always prided myself in being outgoing, to be able to make people feel at ease but you clearly take it to a new level. Thank you for sharing such a fun story, and for writing about your travels in so much detail!!! :)The bow is indeed removable. I wasn't a fan of it either in the catalog, but it is cute and gives the cardigan a bit of interest and texture. I'm still sad about the dress as well. It seems that the only dresses that have a chance of working on me are the ones that have a waist that is defined by the person - you know, the stretchy ones. Sigh. Doomed to skirts and blouses for the rest of my life. Woe is me. :)

Thanks for the "outgoing" comment. I try to be as genuine, friendly and non-threatening as possible. From what I hear, it works. SA's and more seem to go out of their way to tell me how friendly and nice I am. Maybe it's out of the norm these days, with Kanye West and others giving civility a bad name. Sad, isn't it?

Kathi, such a wonderful and uplifting shopping day. Those dresses, how can you pick and choose which to take home and which to leave. That's why I don't go shopping as much as I would like to, no will power. Well, that's not quite true, I would have to move the SO's clothes out of our closet and that would not go over very good. The pics of the outfits you chose were to die forAlice, you are right. Sometimes it takes a superhuman effort of will to walk away from something that makes me feel pretty. Sometimes, though, I simply go window-shopping and just do a few try-ons. The SA's know me well enough that they know I'll be back - and I'll spend well.

Kathi

brmacea
09-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Kathi,
Another great adventure. You write so well and look great doing it.lol

RobertaM
09-26-2009, 12:21 AM
I not sure who is the best adventureur fashionista is,, well maybe between you and Sara.
love your stories,, thank you.

Kathi Lake
09-27-2009, 10:14 PM
I not sure who is the best adventureur fashionista is, well maybe between you and Sara.
love your stories, thank you.My vote is definitely for the lovely Sara Jessica! All of the outfits I have seen on her just radiate feminine beauty and class - just the sort of look I try to cultivate . . . usually . . .

You see, there's that dichotomy again. There are many beautiful clothes that I love. I adore the classy businessy look. Sometimes, however, I am drawn to clothing that is a bit more tight than what would be considered "classy" (for a good example, look at the tight leggings and "Frenchy sweater" above). I believe that this is due mostly to that fact that, as a beanpole, I need clothes that accentuate my waist so that it will look like I have curves. Yes, I could use a bit of padding on my hips and posterior, but to me it seems a bit too much effort. I think that having curves just makes me look more feminine - which is my goal.

Kathi

Diane Smith
09-28-2009, 01:45 AM
That WHBM dress with the too-high waistline just wouldn't leave me alone. I had to have one for myself! Visited the Indianapolis WHBM store today and bought it! I'm sorry the size 2 didn't work for you, but the 10 is just perfect for me! Thanks for the detailed posts, Kathi, or I night never have known about that style until they were all gone.

- Diane (who can't believe she's buying size 10, down from 16 a few years back)

Kathi Lake
09-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Diane, good for you!

Not only for your reduction in size, but for picking up that beautiful dress! It is pretty. Can't wait to see pictures.

I hope you were treated well there. When you went in, you should have said, "Hey, this guy told me about this gorgeous dress he tried on here." :)

Kathi

Sarah Doepner
09-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Kathi,
It sounds like your next big adventure will be the one with your bride. I wish you the best of luck and success that rivals your shopping trips we all love to read about.
And I remember doing my daughter's hair all those years ago and getting compliments. Now I get to do my granddaughter's hair occasionally and I'm starting to get the old skills back. Of course, it was always dad and/or grandpa who does the work, not "auntie Sarah".

Diane Smith
09-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Diane, good for you!

Not only for your reduction in size, but for picking up that beautiful dress! It is pretty. Can't wait to see pictures.

I hope you were treated well there. When you went in, you should have said, "Hey, this guy told me about this gorgeous dress he tried on here." :)

Kathi

It didn't go down exactly like that, but when I walked in the store, the SA greeted me with, "I remember you from last time!" and was all over me being helpful. I had only been in that particular store once before, a couple of months ago, so it was very flattering to be recognized. I appreciated her help since I had printed out the picture of that dress, and another top from their website, and she was able to go directly to the right racks and pick them out. When I was in the dressing room, she stopped by about four times with even more items for me to try -- and I wound up buying one of the tops (and probably deferring a pretty sweater dress for a later day).

She really wanted to sell me a pair of shoes and some leggings as well, but I managed to control myself!

All in all, a totally cool experience, as (fortunately) seems to be more and more the norm these days.

That Indianapolis WHBM store, BTW, is right across the mall from a MAC store that has the most gorgeous, tall, black M2F working as a makeup artist. I haven't been able to get introduced to her yet, as she's always been busy when I've gone in and the other SAs have grabbed me first, but I certainly would like to someday.

- Diane

Sara Jessica
09-29-2009, 08:02 AM
My vote is definitely for the lovely Sara Jessica! All of the outfits I have seen on her just radiate feminine beauty and class - just the sort of look I try to cultivate . . . usually . . .

You see, there's that dichotomy again. There are many beautiful clothes that I love. I adore the classy businessy look. Sometimes, however, I am drawn to clothing that is a bit more tight than what would be considered "classy" (for a good example, look at the tight leggings and "Frenchy sweater" above). I believe that this is due mostly to that fact that, as a beanpole, I need clothes that accentuate my waist so that it will look like I have curves. Yes, I could use a bit of padding on my hips and posterior, but to me it seems a bit too much effort. I think that having curves just makes me look more feminine - which is my goal.

Kathi

OK Kathi, WAY too sweet of a compliment...you made my morning, that's for sure!!!

And let me give you my opinion about the dichotomy you describe. Just because something is tight doesn't mean it's not classy. Take leggings for example, they are totally in this season and I have yet to see a look in the various ads which doesn't exude class. Your outfit, the leggings and "Frenchy" sweater is very classy, a look I'd call casual chic. It's something that's easy to put together, comfy I'm sure and doesn't scream overdressed. It'd be an outfit that's totally appropriate for a business environment on casual Fridays where you'd stand above many who do all they can to be as dressed-down as possible (that's a nice way of saying those who look as if they rolled into the office in their jammies). And of course it's a look which can take women like us anywere we wish to go, grocery store, Target, the mall, 100% feminine yet totally fitting the scene.

It's something I admire about you Kathi, that you have a look, a wonderful sense of style that I'd bet you would present if the cards were dealt differently and you happened to be a natal woman.

BTW (for Diane too), did you get your new WH/BM catalog yesterday??? More amazing outfits to dream about!!!

Kathi Lake
09-29-2009, 03:20 PM
OK Kathi, WAY too sweet of a compliment...you made my morning, that's for sure!!!Hey, I call 'em as I see 'em! I love your style because you can tell that you put a lot of thought into each outfit - the colors, the shoes, the accessories. Your style is what I would wear if I could. I unfortunately have, while not "Schwartzeneggerarian" upper arms, arms that are definitely not very girly - hence the overuse of shrugs and sweaters.

It's something I admire about you Kathi, that you have a look, a wonderful sense of style that I'd bet you would present if the cards were dealt differently and you happened to be a natal woman.

BTW (for Diane too), did you get your new WH/BM catalog yesterday??? More amazing outfits to dream about!!!If the cards had been dealt differently, I would indeed dress this way. It's not all bad, though. As I tell my wife, I get to dress vicariously through her. When we married, she had no sense of style whatsoever (not an exaggeration, I'm afraid), I have essentially given her mine. When we go shopping, I put the outfits together for her, the accessories, remember what's in her closet for the "go-withs", and more. Every night, she asks me, "What should I wear tomorrow?" I simply think of what I would like to see on myself, and dress her accordingly. Sure, sometimes it backfires. When she's feeling moody, she calls me prettier than her (very false!), a better woman than her (also false), a better wife than her, and more. She sometimes blames herself for my dressing as she is the major bread-winner, is the type-A in the relationship, the husband. The kids come to me for compassion, to do their hair, help with their outfits. Sometimes they slip up and call me Mom.

Wow! Did I ever get off track! Where was I? Oh yeah, the catalog.

Yes, I did receive it. As usual, there is some really cute stuff in it! I already have the "Frenchy Sweater" on page 9 (the pants with it are cute!!). I love the sweater on page 10, the necklace on page 12, and totally have to try on the jacket on page 17! Honestly though, the first thing I fell in love with were the fabric pumps on page 18. They are so cute!!

I did try on the dress on the last page. If my shoulders were prettier, it would be a cute addition. I also really love the belt they used with it. Sigh. I love this place!

:)

Kathi

Kristy 56
09-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Kathi,thanks for sharing all the details and outfits from your girly day. Your descriptions were so great that I felt like I was there too. The outfits & look were to die for ! Can see wht the GG's were green with envy. You rock girl !
BTW, like you I've been fortunate to develop relationships with some SA's at some dept. stores & salons. Just LOVE being on first name basis and being called Kristy,while getting all that extra special treatment !
Kristy :)

Sara Jessica
10-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Hey, I call 'em as I see 'em! I love your style because you can tell that you put a lot of thought into each outfit - the colors, the shoes, the accessories. Your style is what I would wear if I could. I unfortunately have, while not "Schwartzeneggerarian" upper arms, arms that are definitely not very girly - hence the overuse of shrugs and sweaters.

It wasn't all that long ago when I was all about the long sleeves and especially shrugs. Out of the blue, I was in Starbucks with my SD friend Kim and she said "remove the shrug, let's see the arms". So I did and she said something along the lines of "what the heck are you worried about?" I know she was being honest because she wouldn't encourage me to do anything that would "dumb-down" the way we present when out and about. I haven't worn either of my two shrug tops since.

If the cards had been dealt differently, I would indeed dress this way. It's not all bad, though. As I tell my wife, I get to dress vicariously through her. When we married, she had no sense of style whatsoever (not an exaggeration, I'm afraid), I have essentially given her mine. When we go shopping, I put the outfits together for her, the accessories, remember what's in her closet for the "go-withs", and more. Every night, she asks me, "What should I wear tomorrow?" I simply think of what I would like to see on myself, and dress her accordingly. Sure, sometimes it backfires. When she's feeling moody, she calls me prettier than her (very false!), a better woman than her (also false), a better wife than her, and more. She sometimes blames herself for my dressing as she is the major bread-winner, is the type-A in the relationship, the husband. The kids come to me for compassion, to do their hair, help with their outfits. Sometimes they slip up and call me Mom.

Sound like a neat arrangement. Mine tends to get pissed if I get too pushy about what she wears so I try not to do so. Still, I'm honest and if something doesn't look good, I'll say it...which usually lands me in chateau le bow wow for the evening!!!

I also hear where you're coming from with the kids. I had the pleasure of painting my girl's nails for the first time several weeks ago. They had no idea how special it was to me.

Wow! Did I ever get off track! Where was I? Oh yeah, the catalog.

Yes, I did receive it. As usual, there is some really cute stuff in it! I already have the "Frenchy Sweater" on page 9 (the pants with it are cute!!). I love the sweater on page 10, the necklace on page 12, and totally have to try on the jacket on page 17! Honestly though, the first thing I fell in love with were the fabric pumps on page 18. They are so cute!!

I did try on the dress on the last page. If my shoulders were prettier, it would be a cute addition. I also really love the belt they used with it. Sigh. I love this place!

:)

Kathi

I misplaced my catalog. I hope it didn't land in the recycle bin!!! I do recall falling for one of the skirt looks in there, and even with the fishnets, imagine that? They put together some looks with fishnets that are seriously classy.

Kathi Lake
10-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I've been fortunate to develop relationships with some SA's at some dept. stores & salons. Just LOVE being on first name basis and being called Kristy,while getting all that extra special treatment !
Kristy :)Isn't it nice to relax and enjoy the pampering of women who truly want to help you look your best? All it took was a little honesty up front. Seems like a fair trade to me!

. . . Out of the blue, I was in Starbucks with my SD friend Kim and she said "remove the shrug, let's see the arms". So I did and she said something along the lines of "what the heck are you worried about?"My problem is that not only am I a guy, but I have very little body fat. Result? I have arms that are more than just "girly toned." Maybe someday.

Sound like a neat arrangement.It has worked for us for over 20 years, so far. Yes, there are tears (from both of us) and yes, there are unkind words (from her) - but only at times. For the most part, it has worked, and worked very well.

I also hear where you're coming from with the kids. I had the pleasure of painting my girl's nails for the first time several weeks ago. They had no idea how special it was to me.Me as well. My daughter asked me once as I was doing her toes, "Daddy? Why are you so good at girl stuff?" I told her that I have been married to mommy for a long time, and have watched her. Also, she's only nine, but she knows I'm a bit girly. We were going through the Talbots catalog yesterday, and she said a couple of times, "That would be pretty on you" or "There's one of your favorite colors!" :)

I misplaced my catalog. I hope it didn't land in the recycle bin!!! I do recall falling for one of the skirt looks in there, and even with the fishnets, imagine that? They put together some looks with fishnets that are seriously classy.I know! Imagine, fishnets looking classy. By all means, go through your recycle bin. This catalog had some cute stuff!

Kathi