PDA

View Full Version : decorating

Kari Lynn Franks
09-19-2009, 02:14 PM
How many of you out there have your house or apt.decorated with feminine styles? My wife says thats one of the things she likes about my cding is she can decorate the complete house with pretty things.

5150 Girl
09-19-2009, 04:59 PM
my placee is about 50 / 50

PaulaJaneThomas
09-19-2009, 05:09 PM
My house is basically the same as when I moved in 20 years - artex ceiling, anaglipta wall, white emulsioned. Light, simple, easy to maintain. Why do anything else?

Christina2008
09-19-2009, 06:11 PM
My Bedroom is "Off limits" to my friends/family, too many of my female garments, perfumes, shoes etc to allow them to see. So I have been thinking how could I decorate it more femininely. Pink bed covers would be nice, maybe some nice pictures on the wall. I'm always on the lookout to enhance my area of femininity. The rest of house is about 50/50 due to previous girlfriend. Come to think of it, I used to have a pink bathroom until I painted it blue, what was I thinking! :doh:

sherri52
09-19-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm divorced now for the second time and I still have flowers in the house and pink curtains on one bedrooms windows.

Babette
09-19-2009, 07:55 PM
I suppose this depends on you definition of feminine style. Let's see, lots of floral arrangement (yes), numerous throw pillows on ever chair, sofa, and bed (yes), scented candles in every room (yes), prints of flowers in every room (yes), Brightly colored comforters on all beds (yes), afghans on every sofa (yes), floral center piece that changes seasonally (yes), Lacy curtains (yes), home neat as a pin (yes)...would this qualify as feminine styling?

Babette

Faith_G
09-19-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't think a head gasket for a 15 liter diesel engine and a lamp made from a Chilean Mauser rifle count as feminine decor in a living room...

Is it obvious that I'm single? :bonk:

Helen 2
09-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Not with 'femenine' things, just 'decorating' in general. My wife admits I have far better fashion and color sense than she does.

Not just my wife: our old house had the living and dining room sliding doors weirdly 'set' on the wall -they were skewed off-center. When we did the drapes, the drape design lady could not figure out what to do there and after a bit of thinking, I asked her to give me her drawing pad and said 'what if we did this?' & drew a sketch of what I was thinking. Well, that's what's there now -or at least, was when sold the house.

She was not the only one who said 'you sure you're not a designer?' The living room set in our current house and the drapes that were created to match -ditto....my color choices, design and pattern matching & contrasting. The lady who sold us the furniture asked me if I would consider working there part time.

Hmmnn....if I could dress 24x7....that would be loads of fun! A retirement job! :battingeyelashes:

melissacd
09-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Now that I am out on my own and can express myself freely I find that that expression comes out in many forms, not just dressing, so yes I do decorate in a way that is probably far more feminine than my ex would ever have done but it pleases me and that is what matters.

Barbara Jo
09-21-2009, 11:57 AM
One thing about getting older is, the older you get, the less you care what other people may think about you.

Since I am "on my own" now, I have my place decorated rather feminine with lace curtains, flowers and and femiminie touches throughout like asian wall fans, etc.
My bedroom and bath are partiicularly feminine.

For those who are just casual aquaintances they just assume that I have a gifriend who helped me decorate.

For those who know know me well, I have to assume that they discovered long ago that there was something a bit different about me and they stlll choose to be my friend in spite of it or maby, because of it.

Hey, it's your place and your life. Why let others dictate how you decorated your world, your Sanctuary ? They would not let you dictate how they decorate theirs. :)

Myst
09-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Hey, it's your place and your life. Why let others dictate how you decorated your world, your Sanctuary ? They would not let you dictate how they decorate theirs. :)

I like this quote! :happy:

If I could, I know my place would be much more feminine; I do have some touches here and there, but I live alone and don't want to seem obvious to whomever may be visiting... plus I know the G/F wouldn't approve.

tricia_uktv
09-21-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm planning on moving house. The new one will, of course, be well girly!

crossdrezzer1
09-22-2009, 05:41 AM
I hear ya,, I asked the wife if we could paint the bedroom pink,,she said she hates pink and I am such a chick,,LOL,,she knows of my cd and helps shop with me but doesnt like to see..

Karren H
09-22-2009, 06:12 AM
Not really a feminine style but my wife and my taste are almost identical.. I mod the Everything Home Related forum on mut and I find some of the neatest and cutest things to post.. I've had a number of members ask if I was an interior decorator. Lol.