PDA

View Full Version : How did Mom & Dad react when they found out?

GirlyGirl26
09-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Reading some of the threads were every one tells of how they were cought you see the mother handels it better then the farther. How did your parents take it? Was the reaction the same from both or was one better with it then the other?

For me my dad wanted me to see a doctor, he said I needed help. My mom was like "I love you no matter what".

Sylvermane
09-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Mom thinks it's great, still not sure about telling dad yet.

GirlyGirl26
09-20-2009, 03:22 PM
It's nice to hear that your mom is ok with it. My mom just asked I not dress in her stuff. So I try to get my own stuff.

Shadeauxmarie
09-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Both my mom and dad thought it was perverted. When I was 16 they sent me to a shrink. I have no idea what his real thoughts were. He and I never connected and after 3 or 4 sessions, I told my folks that they were wasting their money.

I'm sure they think that since I got married I stopped. I thought I would too. Not a chance. Incidentally, my wife thinks I'm a pervert too. She hates the fact I like to wear women's clothes and threatened me with divorce if she ever caught me again. I guess south Louisiana is not a bastion of transgendered awareness.

woodstockloner
09-20-2009, 04:33 PM
i dont know my dad but my mom took it surprisingly well she even got me some clothes for when i go up to visit her... she had let me try on some of her clothes and she even showed me how to get some of the stuff on

borbiusle
09-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Never got caught by my parents but my younger brothers did discover my stash, my toys, and pics I took of myself. When they confronted me about it, I didn't try to cover it up and explained it all. They seem to take it pretty well but over time, I could tell they lost a MASSIVE amount of respect for me. They stopped giving me that "big brother" respect, and don't come to me about anything anymore unless I'm visiting, that's what really hurts me the most.

Joan Merrie
09-20-2009, 06:03 PM
When I told them, that I'm a transsexual, and going to transition. they went ballistic. But now they are coming around slowly.:hugs::love:

ashcrimson
09-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Mine was a bit the opposite, My mom wanted me to see a Psychiatrist thinking Ive gone insane and my stepdad didnt really make a big deal out of it.

After a long while, mom got better about it and actually gives me make-up for free... what could be better

sherri52
09-20-2009, 07:04 PM
With mom it was a tsk tsk kind of speech. With dad it was a J--- C---- what the h--- kind of speech. I was later able to talk to my mother, after each divorce. My father who is still alive is a no no

Stormgirl
09-20-2009, 07:07 PM
My father knows I wear girls clothes but he doesn't know I'm trans. Just picture the DI scenes of Full Metal Jacket, yeah that's him screaming at me.

Lord knows how hes going to react when I tell I'm trans. My mother died when I was 13,she was a little more accepting and helped me out.

Meghan
09-21-2009, 12:10 AM
I got caught by my mother...the first time...around age 12 (I know for sure it was the 6th grade). She found the panties, the dress, the pantyhose and heels I had stashed. Everything.

Mom thought I was gay, cried for days and subsequently hid all anything she thought I might want to wear from that point forward.

My dad, who has a psych degree, just wanted to know why I did it and how it made me feel.

I lied and lied to him hoping he would just stop asking questions and leave me alone. I gave him the best answers I thought he wanted to hear from his oldest son, hoping he would tell me he went through this too...

He never said that.

Meghan

msjessgill
09-21-2009, 06:01 AM
Hi Gilrs, My mom caught me when I was 13. Typical story she just wanted to know why and even bought some basic girl things for me. Dad wasn't mad just confused.

Jessica

Midnight Skye
09-21-2009, 09:43 AM
I told my Mom (with me living out of the house now) She was totally cool about it, but surprised. She didn't have any idea it had been going on. The coolest thing she did was she said "I love you as a person" and she kept using the person context where she could.

She did want me to see a therapist, mostly to make sure my crossdressing wasn't just a compulsive behavior (which my family is genetically prone to). She also wanted to make sure I wasn't horrible depressed or having any other issues.

Noxvictum
09-21-2009, 10:59 AM
My Mom, Step-Dad, and twin sister know. Mom's initial reaction was "He's gonna need shoes..." My Step-Dad just was worried since I was in the Navy, and my sister doesn't think anything of it. My Dad may find out some day. We have a lot more in common than I used to think, but we're not close and haven't been in years. I've seen him only twice in the last 6 or 7 years. We talk often, at least (mostly because my 5 yo sister is adorable).

Kathi Lake
09-21-2009, 11:08 AM
"He's gonna need shoes..."I love how women can be so accepting and practical. It's like, "OK, he wants to dress up as a woman. Hm. I can accept that. No son of mine is going to look trashy though. Let's see, we'll need shoes, I need to teach him how to take care of his skin, makeup, . . . "

I'm guessing that she is one of those very organized list-making type of women?

Kathi

Jessica Who
09-21-2009, 11:47 AM
I have never told and probably never will tell my father.

I told my mother last year in December, over lunch. She was shocked for sure, but overall she took it very well. Over the course of the next couple of days she asked me more and more questions and now she reads my blog daily and talks to me about it. She hasn't seen me en femme yet but she is very open in discussions.

CindyLouWho
09-21-2009, 12:12 PM
I was never caught by mom and dad. My younger sis and bro walked in on me one summer afternoon while my parents were at work. It was the summer I turned 10 years old, so they were about 8 and 5 years old respectively. I was dressed in mom's bra, panties, garter belt and stockings. They seemed surprised but not shocked and I remember my sister asking, "Why are you dressed like that?", but I don't remember my response. Mom and dad must've been told and I remember being a little scared, but only dad spoke to me about it . . . a very brief interrogation. He didn't behave angrily, as I would definitely remember one of my dad's angry tirades. Nobody in our house said anything about it after that, but it was quieter around there for a few days afterward. The whole thing passed so calmly that I resumed dressing up again after a very short time . . . the next day. I never got caught after that.

SherylynJade
09-21-2009, 12:57 PM
My mom doesn't know, I wasn't raised with her. My dad and grandparents (dad side) caught me several times and were not happy each time. My grandma finally just gave up trying to stop me and I was pretty much left alone to do it. I think they think that I stopped and don't do it anymore, especailly now that I'm engaged. Oh, little do they know.:daydreaming:

JessicaS
09-21-2009, 02:03 PM
My dad never found out and never will. (not on speaking terms from other issues in life)

My mom on the other hand has been very supportive for years, given me some hand me downs, even bartered for some of the nicer stuff I have bought over the years, lol. She is getting married soon (again) and we have picked out everything together. Nice to have someone so supportive and caring in your life :)

Sabra Fresh
09-21-2009, 02:07 PM
I was caught by my mom on a number of occassions (intimates under regular clothes) when I was a kid. She was always descrete, instructing me to go change and then saying she was going to have to tell my dad. Interesting to note she made that same threat each time. To this day I doubt my dad was ever told.

Denial is strong in her. I took her lunch last week and she noticed I had no hair on my arms but couldn't seem to ask why. Going to my folks for the first time since shaving my arms was a big step for me. I'm kind of glad, dissapointed as well, that she didn't pry. Heaven forbit if I had worn shorts and sandles.

Melanie R
09-22-2009, 12:02 PM
My parents now both deceased met Melanie in 1989 on a cruise - the first of 41 crossdressing cruises my wife and I sponsor. My mother's response was you do look like me. My father's response was to hug me and tell me that he has a handsome son and now knows he also has a beautiful daughter. With those words I broke down in tears of joy. They continued to accept and support me until their deaths 10 and 14 years later.

Lissa Stevens
09-22-2009, 12:18 PM
My dad made me purge everything and they both tried to get me to see a doctor. They thought I was gay, of course.

Noxvictum
09-22-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm guessing that she is one of those very organized list-making type of women?

Kathi

Not really. She's actually happy I CD. She's not a very girly type, but she likes playing with clothes and make-up regardless, and my sister is not terribly interested in playing along.

Brianna in Hose
09-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Both of my parents found out when they caught me. Mom caught me several times and was very upset with me wearing her clothes. Dad didn't really care, he just told me not to let mom catch me. I realized about a year later that some of the pantyhose that I had been borrowing were my dad's not mom's. I don't know if mom knows that I still dress, its been five years since I have been caught the last time.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
09-22-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm actually one of the rare cases where my Dad was actually pretty cool about it, even if it did take him a little time for it to sink in a bit, but now it's a nonissue with him. My mom on the other hand is totally against it and while she and I still get along she told me flat out she doesn't approve or accept what I do, which bums me out cause the woman loves to shop. We haven't spoken about it since, and she hasn't even mentioned it to my dad even though I told her he knows, which to me is a sign that it really bothers her because she usually talks about everything and repeats herself often.

bimini1
09-22-2009, 09:02 PM
My mom won't accept it to this day thinks it is the devil. She'll fight me on it every chance she gets. My dad on the other hand accepted it and told me not to worry about what people said.

Looking back I would not have told them.

Jacky Aikou
09-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I realized about a year later that some of the pantyhose that I had been borrowing were my dad's not mom's.

Wow, Brianna, I guess that explains why your dad was so laid back about your CDing! Lucky you :heehee:

I've been caught by both parents and both siblings at separate times, but not since I was a kid. It's been at least 20 years since I've been caught, so it's safe to say I'm no longer a suspect among the family. My mom may still harbor doubts, though, as she made a cryptic comment to my girlfriend (now wife) once about how I "needed my privacy." And Dad's seen me with my nails filed and just a little too long, so hmm... :straightface:

I suppose I could confess to my Mom and she would accept it, as long as I remain her nice, responsible son. My father comes from a long line of blue-blooded American men, so I could never admit my feminine side to him. It would break his heart. So I continue to role play rather than confront everybody. I do envy you girls who can be open and honest with your closest family, though.

StacyCD
09-22-2009, 11:13 PM
I was never caught per se. However, I think my mom had her suspicions. Actually, I think she might have been cool with. Dad probably wouldn't have ever understood.