PDA

View Full Version : TG friendly cities

Jamie VieJolie
09-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Do any of you live in cities that are TG friendly or at least tolerant? I never see TG people in my city unless it's a gay/tg club venue. I live in a very conservative city.

Looking for greener pastures
Jamie

Kathi Lake
09-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Jamie, any city is TG-tolerant. It is honestly up to you. I live in probably the most straight-laced city in America - Salt Lake City, Utah. I have almost always been treated with respect and even honor. It all depends on you.

Kathi

Holly
09-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Well said, Kathi. I agree 100%.

SweetCaroline
09-20-2009, 08:43 PM
How about North Hampton or Provincetown, both in Massachusetts. Neither of them are a metropolis by any means, but both are as TG friendly as you're going to find. If there are gay clubs in your city like you say, then they can't be THAT far behind.

I say if you want a TG friendly city, make it TG friendly by being out and being seen. People aren't going to change overnight, but they aren't going to change at all if Trans-people don't step forth.

Good luck, and I hope you find what you're looking for. :thumbsup:

Kari Lynn Franks
09-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Austin Texas treated very well here different story for san-antonio texas

donnatracey
09-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Austin Texas treated very well here different story for san-antonio texas

I take SA is NOT TG-friendly? Could you please expound......I live between the 2 cities....Thanks!

Tina2
09-20-2009, 10:00 PM
I've read Seattle is very CD/TG friendly.

Maria2004
09-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah, SA kind of creeps me out too for going out and about, sad I feel that way since Texas has some of the most CD friendly cities I've been too, oh well, maybe it's the Alamo thing and the image they feel compelled to uphold.

windycissy
09-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Northern California is the place to be, San Francisco of course, and Sacramento too...state law specifically protects the right to crossdress including restrooms, and the people are very laid back and accepting in my experience

NV Susan
09-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi Jamie; Try Las Vegas.................."what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"
I've been out and about many times here in Vegas and never had any problems.

neverwasaboy
09-21-2009, 05:30 PM
SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA!!!! I am an indulgent and intense borderline TS transvestite and I never encounter any negative at all in any way. From everywhere from Macy's to Ulta to Sephora to thrift stores and Trader Joe's (and yes, even Kragan Auto Parts!) THIS mincing, swishing, sashaying slip of a high-heeled sissy girly girl gets the red carpet treatment, compliments and encouragement!

Nicole Brown
09-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi Jamie,

Three come to mind immediately, New Hope, PA, Asbury Park, NJ and New York City. I have visited all three many times and never have had any problems. Just be careful where you go in NYC, there are some areas that you should avoid.

Nicole

Lindahexi
09-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Neverwasaboy
You must look very convincing and/or have tons of confidence. Any chance of a picture?
Anyway good for you hun, I wish you all the best, hugs, Linda.

Here in the Uk Brighton, Manchester and London are all very cd friendly.

Sophie Lynne
09-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi Jamie,

Three come to mind immediately, New Hope, PA, Asbury Park, NJ and New York City. I have visited all three many times and never have had any problems. Just be careful where you go in NYC, there are some areas that you should avoid.

Nicole

Nicole there are parts of NYC to avoid no matter how you're dressed! :battingeyelashes:

donnatracey
09-21-2009, 09:16 PM
...and every large city has places to avoid, dressed or not!......:daydreaming:

linnea
09-21-2009, 09:42 PM
I've read Seattle is very CD/TG friendly.

Seattle has a deserved reputation as a city that is friendly to all kinds of people; however, there are some parts of the city that may be more friendly than others. One might receive a cooler reception in West Seattle than in the Capitol Hill area.

Fab Karen
09-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Click Search at the top of the screen, you can find subjects already answered before.

kellycan27
09-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Hi Jamie; Try Las Vegas.................."what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"
I've been out and about many times here in Vegas and never had any problems.

I'll second that. I live work and play in Las Vegas 24/7, 365. Never had a problem anywhere. ...:hugs:
Kelly

DeeMNCD
09-22-2009, 04:07 AM
I've never had a problem shopping or being out and about in Minneapolis - but like one of the previous posters said - there are parts of any large city you don't want to be in - dressed or not!

serinalynn
09-22-2009, 07:33 AM
I feel that San Diego is very TG friendly as tourism is the number one business in San Diego. People always comming and going. The webpage for The Neutral Corner http://www.geocities.com/neutral-corner/
The webpageis under reconstruction right now, but it usually lissts several TG friendly local night spots that you could go dressed and be comfortable while out.

I am currently visiting my home town in southwestern Minnesota I have been wearing womens tops and jeans/pants every day and have under dressed in a bra panty and hose every day and in a town of 1700 no one has said anything or if they noticed didnot say anything. still kinda on alert though.

Kimmy55
09-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Austin Texas treated very well here different story for san-antonio texasI,m afraid San Antonio is probably one of the most TG unfriendly cities in the souther half of the United States.If you even thought about getting a makeover here,forget it.

SherylynJade
09-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Well, I can say that I've never really had a problem in Kansas City and the surrounding areas.

Sammy777
09-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Asbury Park, NJ and New York City.
Just be careful where you go in NYC, there are some areas that you should avoid.

there are parts of NYC to avoid no matter how you're dressed!

In NYC [Manhattan] basically anything south of 43rd and your OK. :D

Asbury Park is about the same way - pretty good, just make sure you know where your going and don't make a wrong turn. :lol2:

Jaclyn NM
09-22-2009, 01:00 PM
When I lived in Denver, I found it to be very TG friendly. At least when I went out dressed, I never had a problem.

tricia_uktv
09-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Manchester la-la-la-la. I must move there permanently

maid phylis
09-22-2009, 02:56 PM
i live in the new york city area and new york has been a friendly city for us cd girls.i know this because i travel to the city every week to meet my girl friends at our meet up group.:love:phylisanne

kobe
09-22-2009, 08:50 PM
In less then a month i will be moving to the orlando area. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how friendly it is, or if thier are places to go and enjoy.

sherri52
09-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Try Orlando it is a friendly cd city that hosts family tourists. Even on a bad day you will probably only get an inquisited child asking thier parent if you are a man or woman (for those of us that do't pass)

Rachel Morley
09-22-2009, 09:50 PM
I live in Sacramento, California and have never had a problem anywhere. San Francisco is a mecca for all things alternative. I've also personally felt a really good vibe for TG friendly-ness in Las Vegas, New York, and London. I hear Atlanta is awesome! :)

Hope
09-22-2009, 11:54 PM
There are locations in every city / state that are more and less tolerant, it's not like you are going to find a mecca where everyone will live in harmony with each other. And even if you did, you would still have to leave that nirvana on occasion. In contrast, you will do better to develop a place of tolerance inside of you - a place where you are OK with yourself instead of hoping for other people to tolerate you. What is it that Madonna said, "Poor is the man, who's pleasure depends on the permission of another?"

vivianann
09-23-2009, 12:32 AM
Kathi from Utah said it best, it is up to you, I have been to SLC many times enfemme, and I get the royal treatment there. I am out and about enfemme in my home town which is a conservative small town where there is a rural farming county, and I am treated very well there too. You need to go out enfemme where you are at and dress apropriately so peaple wont be offended, when I go out enfemme in my home town I dress conservative and age apropriate and I am accepted, if you dress provocative you will not be accepted when you go to the stores.
Since we are coming into Halloween season now is the time to come out.

Nicole Brown
09-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Nicole there are parts of NYC to avoid no matter how you're dressed! :battingeyelashes:

Hi Sophie,

You are absolutely correct, there are places in NYC to avoid no matter how you are dressed. I was born in NYC and lived there for about 20 years before going to the suburbs. I ofter return and visit NYC, but take extreme care when other then in mid town, no matter how I am dressed.

Nicole

In NYC [Manhattan] basically anything south of 43rd and your OK. :D

Asbury Park is about the same way - pretty good, just make sure you know where your going and don't make a wrong turn. :lol2:

Hi Samantha,

I basically agree with you on your comments concerning both NYC and Asbury Park. I just love walking up and down Cookman Ave and window shop. And mid town is really safe up into the 60's especially on the west side. Your are safe anywhere in the theater district and up as far as Lincoln Center. I have walked recently from Lincoln Center where I saw South Pacific to 52nd and 7th for drinks at Rosie O'Grady's. You are also safe on Fifth Ave up to the Met.

Nicole

Jean Ann S
09-24-2009, 10:54 AM
I have found Eureka Springs arkansas to be pretty accepting
have been going to functions there for several years with very
few problems

Jean Ann

:battingeyelashes:

Fab Karen
09-24-2009, 04:44 PM
see here:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113500&highlight=TG+friendly+cities

Maddie22
09-24-2009, 09:16 PM
I live in a pretty conservative town, but there are places that I can get out to.
I have been to Asheville, NC before, and it is very friendly, and very fun as well!
Chicago is another great GLBT friendly city. They have an entire neighborhood devoted to GLBT people. They had a post-op female lead the pride parad this year. Like New York there are of course places you do not want to go, but overall very friendly.

Atlanta is pretty friendly as well.