PDA

View Full Version : Saying Goodbye

Magickman
09-21-2009, 01:47 PM
What is the main cause of divorce?

Why, marriage of course.

If you can resist the siren call of marriage, then you never have to worry about divorce.

How is this relevant here?

If you are not married, no one can tell you what to wear or what to do.

If a woman ordered me to behave or dress in a certain way, since I am not married, I can just tell her goodbye.

I do not allow visitors, including girlfriends, in my home. This is my castle, my private castle. So I never have to take orders in my home and never have to ask anyone to leave.

If I woman displeases me, then the last time I see her is the last time I see her. When I walk out the door, I do not look back, and do not have any more contact. No regrets.

No big arguments, no scenes, no messy split. Just goodbye. Then move on.

With marriage, it is never that easy. If you get married, it is not just the two of you. You are married to the state as well. If you split, the state sets the terms.

Unless you want a SO who can tell you what to do, and the state to tell you under what conditions you can leave, then don't get married; instead, preserve your autonomy.

Tracy_Victoria
09-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Unless you want a SO who can tell you what to do, and the state to tell you under what conditions you can leave, then don't get married; instead, preserve your autonomy.

And end up living alone and unloved! :hiding:

Ze
09-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Oh good. I was worried for a minute there that sexism and patriarchy went out of style. :straightface:

Perhaps relationships aren't working for you because you refuse to budge an inch. Relationships are all about compromise and care; not all about you and your needs. If you're looking for somebody to cater to you 24/7, you may want to invest in a blowup doll...perhaps with a repetitive talkbox that say, "Yes, honey, you're right."

That being said, perhaps it's best that you're alone then, most especially since it doesn't seem to bother you. In which case why are you even bringing it up? Is this rally material or what?

Tamara Croft
09-21-2009, 02:05 PM
And this is why you're alone :rolleyes: I'd be surprised if any woman would want such a person in their life that seems like a dictator.

Kieron Andrew
09-21-2009, 02:09 PM
i'd be surprised if any woman would want such a person in their life that seems like a dictator.

Jessica Who
09-21-2009, 02:12 PM
If you're looking for somebody to cater to you 24/7, you may want to invest in a blowup doll...perhaps with a repetitive talkbox that say, "Yes, honey, you're right."

OH MY GOSH! I can't stop laughing .... lol :roflmao:

Sharon
09-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Wow, just wow! The human species will be happy to know it won't be further polluted by genes like yours being passed on.

Wow! :eek:

The women of the world can rest easy now that your proclamation has been decreed.

Wow!

Tamara Croft
09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Wow, just wow! The human species will be happy to know it won't be further polluted by genes like yours being passed on.
:lol:

Shelly Preston
09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
If a woman ordered me to behave or dress in a certain way, since I am not married, I can just tell her goodbye.

I do not allow visitors, including girlfriends, in my home. This is my castle, my private castle. So I never have to take orders in my home and never have to ask anyone to leave.

If I woman displeases me, then the last time I see her is the last time I see her. When I walk out the door, I do not look back, and do not have any more contact. No regrets.

Since most people always choose to write about there most attractive qualities

Thanks for showing us your good side

I would be surprised if any woman would want to date you with such an attitude :eek:

Sheila
09-21-2009, 02:21 PM
And they say "normal" men are insensitive A$$HOLES ....... :loc:and are what we women dream off :loc: ................ it's a wonder you have time to be here enlightening us poor souls, there must be a queue 10 miles long waiting to entertain such an A$$HOLE as we women apparently love the Macho Male you portray yourself as

Kieron Andrew
09-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks for showing us your good side

I'd hate to see the bad side if that's his good side! :doh:

Ze
09-21-2009, 02:28 PM
yzkmq2A_HbA

Excellent rendition of the movie, too. I never thought it could turn into a comedy, but they did a great job.

Oh, and I want to be Roger. He's my idol. :<3:

JulieC
09-21-2009, 02:34 PM
This philosophy is not to my taste; I would not want to spend my life alone like this, and enjoy having people over, etc. I like being around people.

That said, Magickman if it works for you then great. You're not hurting anyone by doing what you are doing. It's your life and you can live it how you want to live it. Kudos to you for having the courage to live your life as you do.

DemonicDaughter
09-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Its good to see you actually making an effort. People like you are why divorce rates are so high. If its not working, just walk away and pretend it doesn't matter.

How utterly sad.

Well, while you are wining and dining your blow up doll and your hand falls asleep on you once again, please refer back to this post as you wonder yet again why no woman seems to stay with you.

:brolleyes:

Oh, and just so you know... not EVERY woman on this planet has ANY desire to "lord" over their partners. Personally I prefer a woman with some backbone not a man with an inferiority complex.

Magickman
There, I put on my flameproof suit. I'm better now. Only singed a little hair.

I am not mean or nasty, not abusive, and do not take any crap.

On this site, I regularly read about guys whose SO's drive them crazy.

My point is that guys don't have to take that.

If things don't work out well between me and a woman, then I believe in cutting my losses, and moving on.

Whether the issue is clothing or anything else, if accomodation cannot be achieved, then I exit as quickly as possible.

A relationship that is all about conflict and arguments is at the bottom of my priorities list.

There is no satisfaction in an unrewarding and argumentative rekationship. I am out the door.

Deborah Jane
Hi Magickman

Well yet again the ability to talk utter b*ll*cks has been proved, thank you :brolleyes:

I sincerley hope you enjoy what for you, should turn out to be a sad and lonely life, you obviously deserve it!!!!

Ze
You're not hurting anyone by doing what you are doing.

I beg to differ, unfortunately. Do the women they dated not count in this respect?

Crysten
09-21-2009, 02:37 PM
You sound to me like a pathetic, self centered, jackass. No wife, no kids, no life. Without family, you got nothing.

Enjoy being alone. You wonder why all of us have spouses? Because after all the pain, hastle, etc etc, of dealing with a relationship, it's well worth the effort. You get back from it what you put in to it.

So, you get nothing. Enjoy.

Sheila
09-21-2009, 02:40 PM
. I am out the door.

He*L you wouldn't even get near my town let alone street with your attitude :brolleyes::brolleyes:

JulieC
09-21-2009, 02:41 PM
I beg to differ, unfortunately. Do the women they dated not count in this respect?

I doubt he's seeing many people period, and the ones he does are probably not close relationships given that he does not permit anyone in his home.

Most people here seem to think similar; he's not seeing anyone seriously.

Can I put a vote in for shutting down this thread? It's just turned into a hate fest.

Ze
09-21-2009, 02:43 PM
I doubt he's seeing many people period, and the ones he does are probably not close relationships given that he does not permit anyone in his home.

Most people here seem to think similar; he's not seeing anyone seriously.

I truly do hope you are right, then. I feel bad for anybody that has to deal with that kind of mentality.

Tamara Croft
09-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Can I put a vote in for shutting down this thread? It's just turned into a hate fest.Did changing that to red colour make you feel better? and how bout no?

Aquamarine
09-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Is your computer your only friend ?
:battingeyelashes:

JulieC
09-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Did changing that to red colour make you feel better? and how bout no?

Plenty of other people color their text in posting and signatures. I didn't think there was a problem doing it. I've undone it.

Deborah Jane
09-21-2009, 02:51 PM
There, I put on my flameproof suit. I'm better now. Only singed a little hair.

So far!!!!!!

I get the distinct feeling that you posted this thread as a joke, after all, even you can't be stupid enough to actually believe what you wrote surely!!

Magickman
09-21-2009, 02:55 PM
No wife, no kids, not now, not ever.

My point of view is apparently not popular.

But life is difficult enough without a conflicted relationship.

I find myself happier, not having to come home to a fight.

Ze
09-21-2009, 02:57 PM
I get the distinct feeling that you posted this thread as a joke, after all, even you can't be stupid enough to actually believe what you wrote surely!!

Actually, Auntie Debs, this is a common mentality shared among abusive men. (I've been studying the topic for a long while.) It's not alcoholism or fear of commitment or past childhood abuse or anything like that. The resounding mentality regarding domestic abuse is that the man is always right, better than "inferiors" such as women and children, never has to take crap from anybody, proudly boasts this and--no matter what others say--believes that he's right. They try to backpedal and/or twist wordings of others or their own in order to try and make this illusion more visible. In short, it's a grossly inflated ego and an outrageous sense of entitlement combined. And yet they can appear in real life like "normal" people.

No, I'm not calling Magick an abusive person (we have no proof of physical actions, of course), but I just wanted to point out that the mentality actually really does exist.

Scary, no?

Edit: A great source of reference for anybody actually interested--or dealing with domestic abuse themselves--is "Why Does He Do That?" by Lundy Bancroft.

Kieron Andrew

I find myself happier, not having to come home to a fight.I'm really curious about something, if i may ask...did your parents fight when you were a kid?....this is a serious question btw....

The reason I ask is that not all relationship end up how you are stating...you are generalising a hell of a lot...some of us here have very loving and supportive relationships

DemonicDaughter
So far!!!!!!

Did I ever tell you I love your attitude Deb? No wonder YOU have a loving partner that respects who YOU are as a person and is willing to go through everything with you, thick and thin. THAT'S what love is about. Finding someone you care enough about to embrace their faults, insecurities, mistakes as well as their joys, charms and passions.

See... when you find someone worth staying with, things like dressing, transitioning, etc is something you can come to grips with and/or compromise on.

Oh wait... I forgot, we're suppose to tell each other to f*ck off if its not working out. Who needs to work things out anyhow. I'm sure you were ssssssssooooooo much happier before Sheila came along... NOT!

Deborah Jane
09-21-2009, 02:58 PM

Listen!!..................................

Can you hear that sound?

That is the sound of millions of women breathing a sigh of relief that you won't be coming home to them

Sheila
09-21-2009, 03:00 PM

And the female population breathes a huge sigh of relief, parents the world over can safely let their daughters out once again.

So do the rest of us ............... but then we come home to loving partners, shared interests, kids, pets and a life :)

while you come home to nothing and no one but having to put on a flame resistant suit :sad:

Deborah Jane
09-21-2009, 03:01 PM
while you come home to nothing and no one but having to put on a flame resistant suit :sad:

Pssst, you forgot the blow up doll babes:doh:

Ze
09-21-2009, 03:06 PM
I get what magicman is trying to say, i'm not saying i'm the same as him but u can still live a great life without a wife and kids. Some ppl getting married is good and others not so much. Whats really sad though is people making a joke about what he said i would be shocked if some of you have friends as well.

There's nothing wrong with never getting married or having kids. In the position I'm in myself, it's unlikely I'd be able to do either. And that's fine. Everybody's lifestyle is different.

What I daresay most of us have an issue with here is the attitude being projected. Just saying you don't want to get married or have kids is one thing, but we're getting the message that marriage is dumb (and ruins a man's autonomy), anybody who gets into it is dumb (and loses their autonomy), that men deserve such autonomy over women to begin with, that women are controlling, domineering, and always want to fight, that we're ridiculous for getting mad at such a sexist standpoint, etc.

I could keep going, but that's the basic point.

NiCo
09-21-2009, 03:06 PM
some of us here have very loving and supportive relationships

HA! I wish I had! :p

I sort of see where this person is coming from. I seriously struggled to keep the faith after my last relationship with my first ever gf, and the four before that with boyfriends [which were so bad, I don't want another relationship with a guy].

If i continue to have relationships like i have, i reckon after a while i will have the same points of views, and it's not really about going out of their own way to abuse people, it's about protecting yourself from abuse.

Some people take so much crap, they put up these barriers, and it's really hard to get them back down.

[P.s- i'm trying to see it from both points of views so don't even bother attacking me]

Thanks.

Sheila
09-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Whats really sad though is people making a joke about what he said i would be shocked if some of you have friends as well.

the thing is we are not making a joke about his attitude, some of us actually find his attitude sad and it's not his attitude to marriage as his attitude to relationships in general ................. either his way or the highway ........... now how sad is that ........... ow wait but you apparently don't think it sad

And believe me we have many friends .... why .... because relationships don't just happen, it takes talking, loving and compromise when two people get together, then more of the same when kids are involved, but mature people generally manage it most of the time, despite the divorce rate, most people actually do like being in a committed relationship :) I know I do :daydreaming:

DemonicDaughter
09-21-2009, 03:16 PM
I get what magicman is trying to say, i'm not saying i'm the same as him but u can still live a great life without a wife and kids. Some ppl getting married is good and others not so much. Whats really sad though is people making a joke about what he said i would be shocked if some of you have friends as well.

No one here is saying you have to have kids and get married to be happy.

No one is saying that someone is pathetic for being alone.

What people ARE saying is how simply walking away from a relationship because you aren't getting your way sounds incredibly selfish.

It is so funny how someone who is not in a relationship (referring to the OP) is giving advice on relationships.

Now, albeit, I would not appreciate a partner that felt that they could not stand a huge part of my life and wanted me to keep it in the closet. And I wouldn't get involved with someone who didn't love and accept me for who I am. BUT I wouldn't be so cold and callous as to walk away simply because there was an aspect of my life my partner did not agree with.

My partner is not my clone. She does not need to like everything I do. She does not need to even remotely want to be involved with some of it.

Magickman is trying to say that its pointless to stay in a relationship in which you constantly argue. This is true. Why stay in a relationship where no one is happy?

But then in the same breath, there is this huge assumption being made by him that the relationships' only issue is dressing. And that its easier to walk away than work things out.

Unfortunately, there are going to be issues and problems in every relationship. And though it seems predominate on here because its a cding forum, I highly doubt that if you ask the "arguing" SO's what the problem is, that they would say its the dressing. I'm pretty sure its the change in attitude, the money being spent, the secrecy, the isolation and the general self-centeredness that many cders express.

So if Magick wants to be alone, so be it. But if you come to these forums and decide to post a "my way or highway" attitude on relationships, you better believe you are going to get flamed!

Kieron Andrew
09-21-2009, 03:18 PM
I sort of see where this person is coming from.Strangely enough, i see where magickman is coming from too, the problem I have and presumably many others here, is the way in which he started this thread in such a rude/blaisé attitude and lumping every woman the same with the attitude of its my way or the highway instead of compromises.

Ze
09-21-2009, 03:18 PM
HA! I wish I had! :p

I sort of see where this person is coming from. I seriously struggled to keep the faith after my last relationship with my first ever gf, and the four before that with boyfriends [which were so bad, I don't want another relationship with a guy].

If i continue to have relationships like i have, i reckon after a while i will have the same points of views, and it's not really about going out of their own way to abuse people, it's about protecting yourself from abuse.

Some people take so much crap, they put up these barriers, and it's really hard to get them back down.

[P.s- i'm trying to see it from both points of views so don't even bother attacking me]

Thanks.

I know what you're trying to say here, dude, but with all due respect, I think it's actually irrelevant to the topic at hand.

I myself was subject to abuse from age 6-7 to 18. Family members, teachers, co-workers, boyfriends, and blah blah blah. Most abuse survivors know too well how it feels to be treated as inferior. Therefore, they're even less likely to have such pompous attitudes as the OP has. (I won't bother digging for my sources right now, so I'll just point back to the one I mentioned earlier, since I know it says it in there.)

NiCo
09-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Strangely enough, i see where magickman is coming from too, the problem I have and presumably many others here, is the way in which he started this thread in such a rude/blaisé attitude and lumping every woman the same.

Well i believe it is easy to "lump" them all the same, cause until Sara came along, i assumed they were and i am still cautious about it. I don't want to end up in another abusive relationship and because i don't hit girls, the female thought she had the upper hand.

I think it's sad to walk into a new relationship with fear and caution but also with a hint of faith that she will prove you wrong.

Yes his post seemed rude, but maybe he is having such a $%^& time right now and is venting...when i get angry i don't care, it's only recently i have had a think before i write/ say things.

I actually have a lot of sadness for this person. I can feel what he is REALLY trying to say...he's just wording it all wrong.

It's sad. :(

I know what you're trying to say here, dude, but with all due respect, I think it's actually irrelevant to the topic at hand.

I myself was subject to abuse from age 6-7 to 18. Family members, teachers, co-workers, boyfriends, and blah blah blah. Most abuse survivors know too well how it feels to be treated as inferior. Therefore, they're even less likely to have such pompous attitudes as the OP has. (I won't bother digging for my sources right now, so I'll just point back to the one I mentioned earlier, since I know it says it in there.)

Yeah, know the feeling of having it, had it my own life, after all, i was "an accident child" so was treated like £$%^ even by family.

Guess i'm a weak one for being scared about committing to anyone them?

Kieron Andrew
09-21-2009, 03:24 PM
I myself was subject to abuse from age 6-7 to 18.

I too was subjected to abuse from the age of 17-21 but by a partner not a family member...and i have been physically beaten by both female and male partners, and still i 'choose' to not be the same and to lump any new partner in the category and to be a gentleman :)

Magickman
09-21-2009, 03:28 PM
To be sure, from boyhood, I knew that I did not ever want to be married, nor to have children.

That simply was not for me.

If someone else wants to marry and have children, then that is their decision. I believe this decision is up to the idividuals involved.

While I certainly don't think that everyone who gets married is an idiot, I know that I would be an idiot if I got married.

What I do know that I don't want, is a bad relationship. A relationship should be rewarding and satisfying. If it isn't, then I don't want it.

I will not stay in a bad relationship, just to avoid being alone. I can live with being alone. That is not so bad.

It is my belief that many people stay in unsatisfactory relationships, because they fear being alone. Again, this is up to them.

My autonomy is very valuable to me. It is not something that puts me above someone else, but means that I make up my own mind. If keeping my autonomy means I will be alone, I will live with that.

I would rather be alone, than be unhappy.

Ze
09-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Guess i'm a weak one for being scared about committing to anyone them?

No no, dude, there's nothing wrong with being cautious about commitment. That's a normal reaction to surviving abuse.

A reaction that's not normal to surviving abuse is being extremely headstrong about a whole group of people, having a huge sense of self-entitlement, calling your home your "castle," implying that anybody who disagrees with your viewpoints is an idiot, etc. In fact, that's the opposite reaction of surviving abuse.

So you're just fine. :)

I too was subjected to abuse from the age of 17-21 but by a partner not a family member...and i have been physically beaten by both female and male partners, and still i choose to not be the same and to lump any new partner in the category :)

Yep. :) It provokes you to be a better person, not a worse one.

For the longest time, I believed a lot of the myths regarding abuse survivors. It made me believe that I was somehow bad, thereby perpetuating all the feelings of inferiority and shame. Thank God it turns out they aren't true, though unfortunately the myths still live on in individual's heads.

NiCo
09-21-2009, 03:30 PM
To be sure, from boyhood, I knew that I did not ever want to be married, nor to have children.

That simply was not for me.

If someone else wants to marry and have children, then that is their decision. I believe this decision is up to the idividuals involved.

While I certainly don't think that everyone who gets married is an idiot, I know that I would be an idiot if I got married.

What I do know that I don't want, is a bad relationship. A relationship should be rewarding and satisfying. If it isn't, then I don't want it.

I will not stay in a bad relationship, just to avoid being alone. I can live with being alone. That is not so bad.

It is my belief that many people stay in unsatisfactory relationships, because they fear being alone. Again, this is up to them.

My autonomy is very valuable to me. It is not something that puts me above someone else, but means that I make up my own mind. If keeping my autonomy means I will be alone, I will live with that.

I would rather be alone, than be unhappy.

I stand corrected. Lol.

Ze
09-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Since this seems to be a good place to randomly say personal viewpoints that don't need to be displayed to the world, I want to announce that I think I'm going to give up on this thread. The OP is giving so many contradictions and backpedaling so much on his own views that it's impossible to do anything with him.

Best of luck with all of your endeavors, folks. Don't waste too much energy in here. And try not to buy into the pseudo-pity that he's been "misinterpreted" this whole time. He's just trying to cover up the fact that his morals were built on pudding.

NiCo
09-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Since this seems to be a good place to randomly say personal viewpoints that don't need to be displayed to the world, I want to announce that I think I'm going to give up on this thread. The OP is giving so many contradictions and backpedaling so much on his own views that it's impossible to do anything with him.

Best of luck with all of your endeavors, folks. Don't waste too much energy in here. And try not to buy into the pseudo-pity that he's been "misinterpreted" this whole time.

I agree. Before that last post i actually felt for him. Now i know he's just an attention seeker, or trolling. I'm offski too. As Ze said, don't waste too much time.

PaulaJaneThomas
09-21-2009, 03:40 PM
I've always been open and honest to gfs about being transgender. None has ever accepted it. I live alone; no wife, no kids. Every insult you throw at Magik therefore also applies to me. FYI I don't own a blow-up doll.

Sheila
09-21-2009, 03:52 PM
I've always been open and honest to gfs about being transgender. None has ever accepted it. I live alone; no wife, no kids. Every insult you throw at Magik therefore also applies to me. FYI I don't own a blow-up doll.

Paula we are not throwing insults at Magic for being alone, but for the way he portrayed the sentiments he did in the first post and it is not all about dressing that he said it it was about relationships and their problems in general. his attitude in the OP was his way or no way and that those of us in committed relationships who chose to compromise are being abused .......... or at least the males are :Angry3::Angry3:

PaulaJaneThomas
09-21-2009, 04:42 PM
People like you are why divorce rates are so high.

Yep, blame it all on us bachelors.

Sheila
09-21-2009, 04:45 PM

Paula she is not blaming it on bachelors ............... she is blaming it on dictatorial peeps who believe their way is the only way in a relationship :straightface:

PaulaJaneThomas
09-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Paula we are not throwing insults at Magic for being alone, but for the way he portrayed the sentiments he did in the first post and it is not all about dressing that he said it it was about relationships and their problems in general. his attitude in the OP was his way or no way and that those of us in committed relationships who chose to compromise are being abused .......... or at least the males are :Angry3::Angry3:

Sheila, even a Labour spin doctor couldn't claim his post suggests abuse. This a stupid, un-necessary witch-hunt.

docrobbysherry
09-21-2009, 05:05 PM
1. I grew up with a LOT of very insensitive male jerks! They had more hot women than anyone could count! :doh:
Us "nice" guys didn't do NEARLY as well!

Magick, do U have any trouble getting dates? His response
may SURPRISE a lot of u!:eek:

2. This threads BEGS the question:
" Why would ANYONE get married, considering the odds against marriages lasting in this day and age?"
2 people who love each other don't HAVE to get married to stay together, do they? Sometimes, marriage RUINS a good relationship!:sad:

PaulaJaneThomas
09-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Paula she is not blaming it on bachelors ............... she is blaming it on dictatorial peeps who believe their way is the only way in a relationship :straightface:

AKA mothers-in-law :D

Paula TV
09-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Magickman, if your so happy being alone then why pander for exterior support, which seems to have been your initial motive, as you seemed surprised your opinion wasn't very popular.

Your foray about you living in a private castle, sounds like a bitter exaggeration, or are you just looking for a reaction? You seem to have an air of defeat about you, is it due to age perhaps, or do you think you feel wiser now? Does your time feel limited in what you can do? Do you have friends in the outside world? I seriously hope you do.

Jenny Brown
09-21-2009, 05:19 PM
"apparently not popular" ? Well Gee, I wonder why? :lol:

RebeccaLynne
09-21-2009, 05:51 PM
...this site ostensibly portrays itself as a non-judgmental outlet to "speak one's mind" without being shouted down by the syncophants adhering to the "party line".

Not being a bandwagon-jumper, and being capable of independent thought, I am of the opinion that the OP's argument has merit.

When an individual has determined that a prospective partner is unsuitable, for any reason, that potential relationship should be terminated.

And to disallow that determination is unwarranted; and, in fact, offensive.

Tamara Croft
09-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Excuse me Rebecca, but when a member posts a thread literally stating that all women aren't worth marrying in so many ways, then excuse me for saying something. He posted this thread to get a reaction, he got one... if you don't like it, then don't read it. But I for one will not stand for that :BS: from anyone.

DemonicDaughter
09-21-2009, 06:11 PM

Badgers or bachelors? (sorry, couldn't resist) :heehee:

If I blamed it on bachelors, I'd have to join the rank of singles myself as I was once there.

Its not people who wish to be eternally single. I've had many times in my life where I didn't want to date anyone at all for my own reasons.

What I was referring to was someone that makes it sound like they would run at the first sign of trouble in the relationship.

That's what's got everyone so riled up. Especially us SO's who have/do work so hard to work through things with our partners. When you are the partner to a CDer the secret isn't theirs alone. It becomes yours. Their issues with dressing becomes your issues. Just as with any other problems someone has, when you start dating, it becomes part of your life.

It hurts to be an accepting member of this community and have someone type up a post on just how easily we can be tossed aside because we might have problems with it or because it causes arguments. And it hurts to make is sound as if us SOs are controlling and manipulative because we don't go 90 miles an hour along with our CDing partners!

*sigh*

I'm just saying, that it hurts to have someone say we are disposable.

Thank you. :)

Rebecca Jayne
09-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Tell us how you really feel,
now don't hold back.

Me I'm happily married for over 30 years
and loving it.

RJ

JaytoJillian
09-21-2009, 06:29 PM
One of my good friends who is single lives by a very similar philosophy. He has no shortage of female companionship, and he is brutally honest with the women he dates. They know exactly what they can expect from him in terms of commitment--absolutely nothing. Those ladies are generally no slouches-- they tend to be working professionals, attractive and very intelligent. He is really a good guy who gets his energy primarily from being alone I.E., he's very introverted. So, as the slamfest continues, just remember that it takes all kinds, different strokes for different folks, etc.

KayC
09-21-2009, 06:33 PM
What is the main cause of divorce?

Why, marriage of course.

If you can resist the siren call of marriage, then you never have to worry about divorce.

How is this relevant here?

If you are not married, no one can tell you what to wear or what to do.

With marriage, it is never that easy. If you get married, it is not just the two of you. You are married to the state as well. If you split, the state sets the terms.

Personally, I'm glad you choose to live alone, the rest of the world is probably better off for it. Enjoy your solitude!

Deborah Jane
09-21-2009, 06:50 PM

After reading through this thread, I have just one question remaining......

Has he gone yet?

Jenny Brown
09-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Excuse me Rebecca, but when a member posts a thread literally stating that all women aren't worth marrying in so many ways, then excuse me for saying something. He posted this thread to get a reaction, he got one... if you don't like it, then don't read it. But I for one will not stand for that :BS: from anyone.
words of wisdom. :thumbsup:

joann426
09-21-2009, 07:07 PM
i am starting feel sick:Angry3:

RebeccaLynne
09-21-2009, 07:16 PM

Tamara, my reading of the OP's thread didn't leave me with the impression "that all women weren't worth marrying in so many ways." I believe that to be your inference, not what may, or may not, have been implied.

And aren't all threads posted to get a reaction? If not, what's the point?

Not to be redundant, but I DID read the post. And all that followed.

B.S.? That's your opinion. And is respected.

Can't the same consideration be afforded the O.P.?

Sheila
09-21-2009, 07:39 PM
B.S.? That's your opinion. And is respected.

Can't the same consideration be afforded the O.P.?

the OP's opinion was given consideration and found to be FULL of :BS: by the vast majority of us :D

sherri52
09-21-2009, 07:47 PM
And if you want to go to the movies go alone
if you want someone to enjoy dinner with you go to your parents
if you want love why bother you live alone

I do live alone and there isn't much I wouldn't give up to have a so in my life.

cd_jamie
09-21-2009, 08:04 PM
I have only been on this board for a few months and most people here are nice,respectful and supportive. I knew I would find a A$$hole on here sooner or later. I have a wife and yes there are times she can drive me nutz but I would never trade her. this guy is a total jerk! when blow up Betty goes flat and Rosie palmer gets arthritis I hope he feels his life is complete!

RebeccaLynne
09-21-2009, 08:05 PM
the OP's opinion was given consideration and found to be FULL of :BS: by the vast majority of us :D

Oh, really. And it appears your contention is "majority rules".

And mine is everyone is entitled to voice their opinion.

Debate that; Bring it on!

Sheila
09-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Oh, really. And it appears your contention is "majority rules".

And mine is everyone is entitled to voice their opinion.

Debate that; Bring it on!

you wanna take this to PM cause I am more than willing to hun :straightface:

RebeccaLynne
09-21-2009, 08:15 PM
you wanna take this to PM cause I am more than willing to hun :straightface:

No, I'd prefer an open forum.

I've nothing to hide.

I'll say again: bring it on!

MsJanessa
09-21-2009, 08:23 PM
So far!!!!!!

I think I smell a troll in the op

Megan70
09-21-2009, 08:36 PM
:thumbsdn:You have a lot to learn and are terribly naive about life and sharing it. You also sound very self centered and extremely selfish. Sorry if it hits nerve but thats how i see it and are calling it. You seem to find criticism in the institution of marriage when you in fact have never experienced it. I feel very sorry for your selfish attitude. If I were GG and knew your feelings on our first date I would never care to see you again.
I have been married 40 years to a wonderful accepting supporting wife and does not fit in to any of those warped stereotyped clichés that you caustically mentioned.
I am with Tamara 100% on this. He is a sad case to needs to be butt slapped.

Megan:Angry3::Angry3::Angry3:

Megan70
09-21-2009, 08:43 PM
And this is why you're alone :rolleyes: I'd be surprised if any woman would want such a person in their life that seems like a dictator.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!Give this $_ithead apiece of your mind!!!!!!!!!:tongueout

Magickman
09-21-2009, 08:47 PM
I am not much of a believer in marriage.

And committed to childfree life, as well.

But that is just in my own life.

Anyone else can do what they like.

I have noticed that merely saying I am happy never to have marriied and that I never wanted any kids, brings forth a torrent of hostility. That applies out in the world, as well as here.

I don't tell anyone else that they cannot get married. Why do they get so excited that I, personally, don't like marriage?

In my opinion, again, just my opinion, marriage is a bad deal for men. But other men are still free to marry, if they want to.

From observation of society, and reading of marriage statistics, it appears that marriage, as an institution, is in trouble. There is a very high marriage dissolution rate.

But some married people are very happy.

Marriage works for some people, and not for others.

It seems too risky to me, though.

There have been some very nasty personal comments, here. I just consider the source, and disregard them.

Tamara Croft
09-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Disregard them? seriously... well ok... but I'm going to have the last comment. I feel this thread is nothing but a TROLL thread. You've pissed off a lot of members, congrats.. way to go...

And anyone else want to 'bring it on', you can damn well do it via PM, NOT on this board. And with that all said, this thread is done.