PDA

View Full Version : Little shopping adventure

dilane
09-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Sunday morning, after a fun Saturday out en femme, I often do some shopping.

I needed a refill of my clinique foundation, so that was as good an excuse as any to head out to Pasadena's Paseo Colorado on a sunny morning.

I was wearing a cute Ann Taylor skirt and black tank top, and 2 inch taupe slingbacks. I got to the mall a bit before opening, so I strolled to Starbucks and ordered a Frappuchino (caramel, of course). The woman taking my order asked my name and I said "Diane", and she said "Is that with one n or two?", I smiled and said "One, wouldn't want to get it wrong, would we?" She has a double-n friend who gets exercised when her name is spelled wrong, and we shared a little laugh about it.

While I was waiting for my drink, a young lady all in black, with dark brown hair and amazing grey eyes, turned my way and said "That's a cute skirt." I thanked her.

I sat down and did some work reading and enjoyed my drink. By now Macy's was open, so I headed over, picked up a pair of my favorite lace-topped Hanes hose, and found the clinique stand.

Lo and behold, the same girl in black was working the counter. She smiled at me and said "We meet again." I asked her for a refill of my foundation, and gave her my ATM (with boy name). She asked me for my driver's licence, and I pulled it out, male mug and all. As I handed it to her I said, "I've changed my look". She said "Don't worry, you look great!" Then she asked if I ever got any trouble showing my male ID, I replied, "Nope, after all this is LA!" I returned her compliment to me in Starbucks, and said that her grey eyes were very striking.

After that I tried on 3 really, really cute black cocktail dresses, all near or north of $100, so I had to pass, but I'll keep an eye out to see if they go on sale.

-- Diane

NV Susan
09-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Well Diane that sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday to me!!!

Kathi Lake
09-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Diane, what a great day of shopping! Isn't it nice when you are treated as not only normal, but someone that people actually want to talk to? :)

By the way, your outfit sounds cute. Care to show us an example? I'm wondering if I have the same Ann Taylor skirt.

Kathi

Sara Jessica
09-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Sounds EXACTLY like my kind of afternoon!!! Thanks so much for sharing :).

sherri52
09-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Dilane your weekend just doesn't want to quit. Keep it going girl.