PDA

View Full Version : You may call me a dreamer.

Sara82
09-21-2009, 07:54 PM
"But I'm not the only one.".....

Hey ladies,

So I've been doing a lot of soul searching lately as some of you may be aware, and I started writing down a lot of my thoughts especially memories of a child, and one re-occuring theme that sticks out is throughout my life my fascination with wanting to become different people.

If i look back to my earliest memories as a young boy, I can remember being fascinated by characters from movies and television and begging my parents to purchase me items of clothing to become my favorite action hero and what have you. I know this probably sounds like typical boy stuff.

Once I became a little order and in school, I went through so many different phases of clothing fashions, and tried to fit into different social cliques, which at the core were based on different music genres. I've did the Hip-hop, goth, grunge, hippie, and prep looks, all in an attempt to find some sense of belonging. I dressed the role, and tried to play the role too, but none of it ever felt right or genuine.

After all this, i asked myself "How does this relate to my desire to dress like a woman, and be more feminine". Have I finally just found the real me? I know this is one persona that has always been there, that I always just tried to bury, and its also the only mask I've worn that wasn't out of any desire to fit in or belong. It just feels so right.

I would definitely welcome some psychological discussions on this idea of "Wearing different masks", and "Becoming another persona" and how it might relate to crossdressing. It's also interesting that I don't think most young girls exhibit the same type of behavior as young boys in their play activities. I don't really have extensive knowledge on the play patterns of young girls and boys, but it would seem that boys have more a tendency to pretend to be personas and characters t hat they fascinate about from things they see on television, on video games, and other areas. Whereas young girls fantasized about where they see themselves in the future, such as becoming a mother, or a husband, or a being swept away by some imaginary prince.

Perhaps I'm way off, and being sexist, but this is definitely not my intention.

sherri52
09-21-2009, 08:23 PM
young girls have the same amount of fantasies as young boys. The difference is boys want to be soldiers, fireman, and policeman. Girls want to be beautiful, have lots of clothes, and 100 pair of shoes. Young girls of today think a little different.They want to be lawyers, doctors, and the firs female president. I on the other hand today want what the girls of yesteryear want. I want more clothes, shoes, and to be able to pass.

Sara82
09-21-2009, 08:36 PM
young girls have the same amount of fantasies as young boys. The difference is boys want to be soldiers, fireman, and policeman. Girls want to be beautiful, have lots of clothes, and 100 pair of shoes. Young girls of today think a little different.They want to be lawyers, doctors, and the firs female president. I on the other hand today want what the girls of yesteryear want. I want more clothes, shoes, and to be able to pass.

Im not talking about the question of "What do you want to be when you grow up" I'm saying when I was younger and playing war with my friends, or pretending that I was Indiana Jones or Luke Skywalker, i didn't want to grow up to be these things.I was merely just playing, leaving my real persona behind, and taking on that of a fantasy character. It doesn't seem to me that young girls do quite the same thing, as often they aren't so much of "dreamers", and are usually more mature psychologically than boys.