PDA

View Full Version : Nursing Home Question

KarenSusan
09-23-2009, 07:49 AM
If the time ever comes that one has to go to an assisted living facility or even a nursing home, will they let you dress as a woman?

April Renee
09-23-2009, 08:02 AM
I'd say that as long as they get paid they shouldn't have a problem. They have a lot more to lose than some SA's job at Victorias Secret. The jobs are similar in that; they want us to be happy with what they sell us, be it a new bra or a bed to sleep in.

kaitlin
09-23-2009, 08:08 AM
They had better!!! Or I'll whoop them with my pink gem stone covered walker!!! (haha) I would think that if that is your life style before the need to be there arises then they wouldn't or shouldn't have a problem with it! Kaitlin

Shari
09-23-2009, 08:13 AM
OMG.
What an awful thought.
Ewwwwwwwwwww.

Kate Simmons
09-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Seems to me that would have to be understood up front. Of course that is only one of the issues in that situation. It would be lonely indeed if no one else besides the staff at the nursing home was accepting.Interpersonal dynamics don't necessarily change with age.

CharleneT
09-23-2009, 09:35 AM
You know, not only is this a good question, but I do not think I've ever seen it posted before !!

I think that it will depend on the home. More liberal, more likely. I would definitely bring it up at the first chance - before you plunk down un-refundables.....

There are a fair number of CD/TG's that will be hitting this situation soon ( as the boomers age ). One good thing in their favor is that the staff is of course younger, and it seems that the younger folks are more accepting of diversity in general and Transgendered people in particular.

Karren H
09-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Personally... I don't plan to get THAT old and if I do... I probably won't care what they dressed me up in as long as its clean.... Ohhhh and they let me watch ice hockey games on the TV! Lol.

Angie G
09-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Gog I hope so.:hugs:
Angie

Helen H. Heels
09-23-2009, 10:12 AM
In order to do that, you would need to be in a female only room.Other people are involved here to consider as well as use of the washroom.Lots of privacy issues come out. BUTT!! you never know what the future has. A lot of progress has been made for transgender individuals and as the Boomers hit the Homes - look out.
I personaly will sport heels with my pink walker!!
Love,
Helen:tongueout

Tomara
09-23-2009, 10:14 AM
This might be a good start up business for some of the people who are unemployed.
A nursing home for cross dressers only!
Seriously though I hope that I never have to go into a home where I am not able to take care of myself.
Tomara

AllieSF
09-23-2009, 02:44 PM
I do remember that earlier this year, I think, there was a post on just this topic and one of out dear members was doing research to see what the rules may be, recognizing that each state is different and each facility may also have their own standard rules. Do search here and you may be able to find it. Good luck.

5150 Girl
09-23-2009, 03:40 PM
My SO has 20+ years in verious nursing homes.
As long as you are aleart and oriented, and in your right mind, (as in not an alzhimer's patient) If you birng your girlie things with your, or your family provides them, then yes, they will dres you however you like.

mklinden2010
09-23-2009, 03:44 PM
If you can dress yourself, you're gold.

If you need help getting dressed and are easy to work with, same thing...

Mya Summers
09-23-2009, 04:52 PM
As long as you know what you are doing and capable of comprehending things they can not deny you the right to do it. I mean if you are paying to be there then you have the right to do it because it is your home. But not an issue i want to think of at this point in my life at the age of 28..lol