PDA

View Full Version : Update on Parents

CharleneCD
07-21-2005, 11:21 AM
As you all know I recently came out to my mom. Every thing seems to be going well. She is even starting to ask me questions. Before going out for dinner Tues night I called and asked whether or not she had told my stepdad, so that I could tell him that night. She said that yes she had told him and he seemed OK with it.We went out and the dont ask dont tell thing seemed to be in effect as the subject never came up. What makes me really happy though is that it was a very normal visit. Conversation and everything else including the usual goodbye hug, was there like before I came out to them. Even if it never progresses beyond what we have now I think I will consider this a succesful acceptance.

Wendy me
07-21-2005, 11:23 AM
so happy for you to have your mom and dad ok with you and your dressing.....

Marla GG
07-21-2005, 11:40 AM
That is very good to hear, Charlene! The fact that nothing was mentioned may just mean that they don't know if it's appropriate to bring it up, or aren't sure how to talk about it, what words to use, and so on.

If you got a "normal" vibe from them both, I agree, that sounds like a success. Congratulations on an important breakthrough, and I hope all continues to go smoothly with the people who are important to you.

Stephanie Mancini
07-21-2005, 12:25 PM
That's excellent news Charlene, so happy for you,

Steph

eileen1969
07-21-2005, 12:29 PM
right on girl I am so happy for you babe! inspiring you are Charlene, we shall chat soon girl! your girl~freind Eileen :love: :love: :love: :love:

Tristen Cox
07-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Even if it never progresses beyond what we have now I think I will consider this a succesful acceptance.
I would say so. Well done. No painted nails I presume right?:D

Stephenie
07-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Happy for you, Charlene sounds like things are going well for you.

Sophia Rearen
07-21-2005, 01:45 PM
That's great Charlene. What were you wearing?

Lisa Marie
07-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Congrads Charlene! I would never tell my mom I crossdress. Shes the kind of mom that believes you were born a boy your supposed to be a boy the same way with if you were born a girl your supposed to be a girl. So hopefully she will never find out. Angie :hiding: :cry:

Priscilla1018
07-21-2005, 02:13 PM
That is great news Charlene,it's great to hear that you are finding acceptance in your life,it gives the rest of us hope.

Vivian Best
07-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Delightful! I would liked to have come out to my mother but she passed away before I got the courage to do it.

Vivian

DonnaT
07-21-2005, 05:48 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_11_2.gif with Marla.

Congratualtions!

Holly
07-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Charlene, that's terrific! Life is good, isn't it?

Pip
07-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Way to go Charlene. I am also very happy for you.

Being that both of us found this side of ourselves late in life, I could not imagine doing the things that you are doing with all of this but it seems to be working well for you. Keep us updated as we love to hear your inspiring stories!

:clap:

Pip