PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Treat with my SO

SatinSarah
09-24-2009, 04:08 AM
I have just had the most wonderful week of my life and wanted to share it as a story of hope for those who struggle with their CDing with their SOs.

I told my wife about my dressing a couple of years into our marriage and greadually she helped me dress and would even buy me dresses and lingerie she thought I would like when she was out shopping. Sadly I took all this for granted and kept pushing for more and more until I upset her when she was trying her hardest for my 40th birthday 5 years ago - yet I wanted even more - to dress and go out together dressed. She wasn't ready and it meant she made me put Sarah back in the box and dressing was off the agenda.

Slowly I have worked within her rules and things have got better. I let her know how I feel and what my fantasies are and what I would love to wear. She has slowly allowed me to do more and more.

But this last week blew it away! She knows I love to go girly shopping with her. She gets new outfits and I like heloing her choose but always like to come home with somehting new too. I just wanted to go shopping with her both looking for new outfits - a girls day out together - although I was in drab. For various reasons dressing outside is not possible.

Well she took the whole thing on board and we spent the whole day girly shopping together. We tired everything as though we were girly best friends. She was brilliant - looking out for things I might like and encouraging me.

But the best moment cam when we were looking at evening ball gowns. We found some and I wnated her to try them on to see how they looked. We are different sizes but it all helps! Well the changing rooms were big enough & empty so the assistant encouraged me to go in to help my SO try them on. It was amazing - the next thing I knew she was telling me to try the ones I had selected on. We helped each other into our dresses in the changing rooms.

We spent the whole day and night as best girly friends. I bought three new dresses, some wet look leggings, and some of the most amazing 5" heels. I need to take a picture to show these off.

As the week went on I felt more and more relaxed as sarah (even in drab mode I was all a bit girly with her). She encouraged me to dress several times in the last week. The children were away so I got to dress and relax around the house.

|for so many of you this would be a normal weekly experience. For me it was such a special moment that I needed to shout out my thanks and joy from the rooftops - well on this forum at least.

So the words of encouragement are to stick with your SO, and understand how mad our dressing must seem to them. Work through their issues and be patient. It won't work for all of us and I had given up at times, but in the end it has come good. I just need to appreciate what I have just had and now not take that for granted but to cherish it!

Love

Sarah

Jonianne
09-24-2009, 05:22 AM
What a wonderful SO you have Sarah!
That is great that you both were able to come to a place of agreement even after you pushed it past her comfort level at first (I did that too, early in my first marriage). Boundries and groundrules give both of you a safe place to play/operate in. Keep showing her how much you love her and how special she is to you!

Miranda09
09-24-2009, 06:19 AM
Yea Sarah. A few little bumps along the way, you both learned to work with it and have fun at the same time with no resentments. It's always nice to hear a couple having fun with this hobby, passion, desire. :)

jenniesweaters
09-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Happy Birthday Sarah

What a fantastic story; thanks for sharing!

Sandra
09-24-2009, 07:08 AM
It's nice to hear that you both worked at this and it wasn't all on sided, just remember to try and still keep it on an even keel and don't push.

Glad you had a good time :D

BLUE ORCHID
09-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Don't forget to buy your beautiful wife flowers and a card
to show her how much you love her.
And remember to stay within your boundries.
Don't rock the boat or you may be pushed overboard again.
.................................................. .............thanks......ORCHID

boardpuppy
09-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Sarah, I so enjoyed your days outing. Treat your SO to a outragious evening where she is the sole center of attention in thanks for the wonder time you both enjoyed. I'm waiting impashontly (sp) for the pic's.

Hugs,
Alice

JulieC
09-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Sarah, I so enjoyed your days outing. Treat your SO to a outragious evening where she is the sole center of attention in thanks for the wonder time you both enjoyed. I'm waiting impashontly (sp) for the pic's.

Hugs,
Alice

An evening? Try an entire life :). This woman is a treasure. Sarah, go overboard on how well you treat her. Go to the 999999999999999999999999th degree and more.

SatinSarah
09-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks girls - you are so right. She does deserve a day to herself with all the things she loves. I took her to a health spa for the day to relax and be pampered. I htink she loved it. She is so wonderful she deserves this and more.

Thanks for reminding me too not to push too fast and hard again. I will keep within our rules and boundaries - so much better than having to purge!

Love

Sarah

sherri52
09-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Great story Sarah and your right stick with your SO, hopefully she'll come around. Thanks

Miss Anthropic
09-24-2009, 03:54 PM
What a great read, glad you ejjoyed your birthday. You're a very lucky girl! :)

Sheila
09-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Glad you both managed to work through the bumps in the road, & that you are both back on the same page :) .......... it is great you had a fantastic birthday and week with your wife and for pampering her :hugs:

WandaRae2009
09-25-2009, 01:29 PM
You are soooo lucky. My SO will allow me to go clothing shopping with her. Before I told her of my CDing, I usually went along and she valued my opinion, and I am pretty good at finding what she would like. She says she feels uncomfortable that I would be checking things out for myself. That is a benefit, but it is nice to spend time with her and finding her clothing.

RobertaM
09-26-2009, 12:36 AM
Such a wonderful experiance, and story thank you.