PDA

View Full Version : Making up for girly side with manly events or traits

angelinamillar
09-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Question for you girls out there. is it only me who finds themselves making up for their girly side side by doing other 'manly' sports or activities? I have been riding fast motorcycles your years, skydiving and even base jumped a few times. Partake in military events and sports. Also got my fair share of tattoos but also got my belly peirced now for almost 5 years now, gotta have some girly stuff mixed in :P

Hugs,

Angelina :tongueout

Sarah Ellis
09-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Well apart from my liking and passion for male dominated sports, rugby, soccer, cricket, baseball, football(US), ice hockey etc. A liking for my English beer and a job where 99.9% of the workforce is male, there's not really a lot of time for Sarah.....

I make my own time, which is becoming a lot more as I get a year older. I'm not so bothered about the male side. It's really work and family that keep that at the forefront. I'd probably be Sarah the majority of the time if I didn't have my job or lived away from where I do now.

One day I will........

Kate Simmons
09-24-2009, 03:31 PM
To be perfectly honest, I don't think any of that stuff is limited to being "manly". None of it is gender specific really, just a choice. This is how powerful societal indoctrination of gender roles is.:battingeyelashes::)

sherri52
09-24-2009, 03:35 PM
I don't watch sports much anymore, but I'm still willing to play the games, Including tackle football. I am not infemme though as I play but I amn always underdressed.

angelinamillar
09-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Just find myself almost trying to balance out both sides of me. Wierd its almost like having a split personality. Both sides fighting for attention and each side trying to out do the other. I must say that on my last skydive I was wearing tights and a bodysuit under my gear :) Manly with a feminine under (wear) current.

Hugs,

Angelina :battingeyelashes:

Miss Anthropic
09-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Question for you girls out there. is it only me who finds themselves making up for their girly side side by doing other 'manly' sports or activities?

I used to do most stuff to make up for it..... restore cars, race cars, play guitar, build things.

Now to most around me I'm seemingly less obsessed about that stuff. Now I'm only doing it for my own actual enjoyment rather than making up for Sara.

I still do car stuff, race and all but it's much more relaxing now.

tricia_uktv
09-24-2009, 05:36 PM
This is likely the most important question on the forum. Of course I hid away -I became extremely good at sport, somehow managed to Father and bring up kids but all in the knowledge of who I am. I tried to supress that all my life because I thought it was wrong,

But now watch me go!

Read the blog,

YAY - and I regret nothing

Karren H
09-24-2009, 05:42 PM
I just do stuff I like and have always liked.. And really I don't consider cross-checking someone face first into the glass when playing ice hockey as being overly manyl!! More like releasing my inner angry female on someone who has more than enough protective equipment on!!

Ohh and don't get between me and a rack of dresses on clearence!! :D

Tina B.
09-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Spent a life time in a manly job. 100% male trade. But since retiring the only thing left is my enjoyment of auto racing, I'm a nascar fan, even have a leather team jacket, but then I have a real cute skirt to go with it.
Tina

Faith_G
09-24-2009, 08:41 PM
I used to have a beard down to my chest. I hid behind that for 15 years.

I've been interested in all things mechanical since before I started crossdressing around age 6, so I don't see my mechanical hobbies as "camofluage."

DianneRoberts
09-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Have a male extreme sport that put me in the ER twice this year. So dangerous that many life insurances won't cover losses. Might be the cause of my difficulty finding a job, employers that know of my participation don't want to hire me because of lost time due to injuries. But it's a rush every time I do it.

Job was male dominated also.

Jocelyn Quivers
09-24-2009, 10:16 PM
When I was younger I did kind of look at engaging in manly activities as a means to help cure myself. Nice to know that it had no effect what so ever especially the weight lifiting.