PDA

View Full Version : I've just turned this down, believe it or not....

heathr1
07-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Earlier in town, a GG I know asked if I'd help her choose between a few pairs of boots she'd seen.

I tolld her I knew nothing about them and that I'm not the best person to ask.

No, I have not dressed still, for several weeks, as I explained in another post and this was partly what made me decline.

Maybe I'll regret it soon!

Wendy me
07-21-2005, 01:22 PM
oh the next best thing to shopping for me is going shopping for someone else you so should have helped her out....

Natalie x
07-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Heathr, darlin', you are really down, aren't you? Has something happened to start this off? If you don't want to talk in the forums, you could pm me and I'll try to help. Or maybe one of the more experienced members might be able to help.

heathr1
07-21-2005, 01:29 PM
In myself, I couldn't feel better.

I'm great.

Just have not felt like dressing, that is all.

Priscilla1018
07-21-2005, 02:17 PM
This happens it's not really cause to worry,when you feel like dressing again,you will.

Vivian Best
07-21-2005, 04:11 PM
I doubt there is a girl on this forum that hasn't missed opportunities of some sort in their past! I know I've missed countless times to do something (may have had nothing to do with Xing). Long story short, you are not alone my dear. Do like I do, forget it and move ahead and go for it the next time.

Vivian

DonnaT
07-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Earlier in town, a GG I know asked if I'd help her choose between a few pairs of boots she'd seen.

I tolld her I knew nothing about them and that I'm not the best person to ask.

No, I have not dressed still, for several weeks, as I explained in another post and this was partly what made me decline.

Maybe I'll regret it soon!

What's to know? You look, tell her whether or not they look nice. Ask her what she planned on wearing with them, and indicate whether or not you think that may work.

I don't see what not dressing has to do with simple shopping conversation, nor why it would make you decline. Are you scared that it will peak your interest and you'll dress again?

Or were you actually afraid she'd think you were a CD if you showed too much interest?

heathr1
07-22-2005, 09:13 AM
I was a little worried of what she may have thought.

Having said that, it was her that asked me.

Sophia Rearen
07-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Heathr,
It's not too late is it? Tell her " I'm sorry, I screwed up, I should've helped you out when you asked me to help you. If it's not too late I would you like to go look at those boots with you?" That shouldn't be too hard. Maybe it will lead you to a "girlfriends" relationship? Can't have enough of them. :) We never know if we don't try! :rolleyes:

tifftg
07-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Am I the only one who is always on guard when women ask for opinions on femme things. My mind is always racing, if I show too much awareness will the person I am talking to have a clue as to my hidden side. I will go out dressed when I travel but have to be very discrete in my home town. Especially since my wife and family do not know about Tiffany.

As an example a few weeks back my wife was talking about a new mascarra she bought at MAC. She was excitied to try it as it would make her lashes fuller. I knew everything about it as I had bought some a month before on a trip to Chicago.

I find myself always wondering if each question is someone fishing for a response and am i giving myself away by some other action. :nerves:

DonnaT
07-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Maybe it's our runaway imaginations!

You know, some GGs may not even have heard about CDs, or it's at least 93 million miles away from their thoughts.

Relax.

And if they are fishing, maybe they are trying to let you know it's ok.

Tiff, if it had been me I'd have suggested she try it on me to get an idea of how others may look at it, which is the reson for wearing mascara in the first place (for some anyway), to look nice to others.

Paranoia will lock that door when opportunity comes knocking.

ebony
07-22-2005, 09:56 PM
you are a crodresser not a TG you don't have to dress everyday I don't

tifftg
07-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Maybe it's our runaway imaginations!

Tiff, if it had been me I'd have suggested she try it on me to get an idea of how others may look at it, which is the reson for wearing mascara in the first place (for some anyway), to look nice to others.

Paranoia will lock that door when opportunity comes knocking.

Great suggestion Donna, I love how your mind works.

Jenny Beth
07-23-2005, 10:40 AM
I never gave it much thought at the time but a few weeks ago my wife and I went to the rescue her 24 year old neice. Her car had broken down and I thought I might be able to do something with it but it was out of my expertise. Anyway she asked if we could run her around to do a few errands so off we went. She did her banking and got a few groceries and then asked if we'd mind if she browsed at a shoe shop. So there I was surrounded by all these wonderful shoes that I could not show any interest in, that was tough. Anyway she had found a pair of pink sandals with two inch heels and tried them on and then looking at ME, not her aunt she asked what I thought. I had to be honest and said they looked cute but I was thinking more along the lines of, "Wow, I'd love to have those". She bought them. Why she asked me I'll never know but it's nice knowing I helped make a fashion decision for a 24 year old.

uknowhoo
07-23-2005, 12:08 PM
This type of situation does present itself from time to time. My initital reaction is often the same as Tifftg: mind racing, questions about fishing. But looking at it rationally, I'm sure Donna's right on as usual. It's just our paranoia getting in the way of our enjoying a special little oppurtunity. Alas, the CDers self-imposed catch 22. Well, maybe by talking about it like this, it'll help us stay a bit more clear-headed the next time.

tifftg
07-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Ok, i just tried Donna's approach to go with the flow. My wife went shopping at a fancy women's store. She came back a few minutes ago and told me she had bought me a couple things. I said from the ladies shop? She joked yes two little cami's, my response this time, I guess I have to wax my back again. Yes I know it is my little challenge to being Tiffany. Anyway she just laughed and said it was from the men's store across the street. Little did she suspect that I much rather would have wanted the cami's. A fun moment. :D

racquel
07-24-2005, 06:20 PM
I never gave it much thought at the time but a few weeks ago my wife and I went to the rescue her 24 year old neice. Her car had broken down and I thought I might be able to do something with it but it was out of my expertise. Anyway she asked if we could run her around to do a few errands so off we went. She did her banking and got a few groceries and then asked if we'd mind if she browsed at a shoe shop. So there I was surrounded by all these wonderful shoes that I could not show any interest in, that was tough. Anyway she had found a pair of pink sandals with two inch heels and tried them on and then looking at ME, not her aunt she asked what I thought. I had to be honest and said they looked cute but I was thinking more along the lines of, "Wow, I'd love to have those". She bought them. Why she asked me I'll never know but it's nice knowing I helped make a fashion decision for a 24 year old.
I'd assume the reason was that she wanted to know how other men would appreciate the shoes as she already knows how females would appreciate them.My 2 cents.