PDA

View Full Version : California Bound

mykhelee
09-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Hello Ladies,
I am moving to California in early November. I will be approx. 30 miles south of Fresno. What if any kind of scene is there out there for us?

Niya W
09-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Hello Ladies,
I am moving to California in early November. I will be approx. 30 miles south of Fresno. What if any kind of scene is there out there for us?
Need the city Hun. But in most case you'd be driving south or north.

Diane Douglas
09-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Wow that puts you a ways from anywhere. You might want to check out the River City Gems in Sacramento. They have a monthly social at a nice hotel in Sacramento. Try PMing Racheal Morley or her wife Marla GG.

trannie T
09-25-2009, 04:45 PM
I have only driven through Fresno and have little direct knowledge of the city but I do know that it is not regarded as the Paris of California. It is almost in the center of the state so you are not horribly far from LA, Sacramento, San Francisco or even Las Vegas.

Niya W
09-25-2009, 04:49 PM
You are bout 3 hours from Sacramento, Bay Area, LA .5 hours to Vegas . Fresno is like the arm pit of Ca.

erikka
09-26-2009, 04:08 PM
There is no trans community per se that will allow you an entertainment dressed. If you dress full-time, of course, you can go to anything as person of that gender. As far as anything clubwise,it is for the younger generation as far as being gay, leb, butch, etc; but there is no dressing crowd.
If you venture 2+1/2 hrs north to San Jose, there are more activities for you, or all the way into SF. As mentioned earlier, there is the River Gems group in Sacramento; but in between-it is a desert.
erikka

Metoo
09-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Fresno is hot and not there for anyone; you will have to drive to get anywhere decent

Karren H
09-26-2009, 05:55 PM
I hear the place is shakin!! Better get earth quake insurance!! :)

Niya W
09-26-2009, 06:05 PM
I hear the place is shakin!! Better get earth quake insurance!! :)
Naw thats all the cute girls rocking the state

sherri52
09-26-2009, 06:32 PM
I have never been ther but based on the responses your getting be prepaired to drive on the weekends. I wish you luck in finding something close by

Megan_Girl
09-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Hun - this State is full of fellow sisters. Fresno is a bit off the beaten path but fear not. Check out the Meeting Places Forum on this site and take a look at the California thread. You'll find friends there near and far.

For those times you feel adventureous come south to LA and visit the LA Shine Girls or drive north to the "CD Mecca" - San Francisco. There are also groups like the "River City Gems" and others mentioned below. Or go east for the annual convention in Las Vegas.

So come on out....we'll go shopping!

XXX

Megan

windycissy
09-26-2009, 11:11 PM
I'll be honest, Fresno would not be on the top of my list if I were moving halfway across the country to California, it's Hicksville and the economy is a disaster area...on the other hand, real estate values have collapsed so you can get a lot more for the money. If you have any flexibility in terms of location I'd take a look at the Sacramento area, real estate is down there too but there is a vibrant TG-friendly scene, the River City Gems are the best!

mykhelee
10-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks much for the information ladies...it is much appreciated.
As far as Fresno, being the armpit of CA, Flint is the armpit of Michigan...so not much difference there.
Am having to postpone leaving for right now, family issues, will contact some of you when I get out there.
Peace