PDA

View Full Version : Configuration Control? Or More Changes Than An Elton John Concert?

Persephone
09-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Today was just one of those days! (The kind of day that Kathi Lake would be able to turn into three great messages).

I got up and went for my morning run/walk, wearing a spaghetti strap top, shorts, and a pink baseball cap; makeup that only consists of moisturizer and lipstick. Not too much different from the past few days.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/100_2775A-1.jpghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/100_2776A.jpg

Came home, showered, and, since I was planning to just work in my home office and do chores, put on drab shorts and a t-shirt.

After about an hour, the phone rang. It was a GG friend that I hadn't seen in a really long time. Could we get together for lunch?

On with the real makeup, white jeans and a tank top, open toed sandals with 3" heels, and off to Red Robin for lunch.

We ate our salads and talked for about an hour and a half; lives, spouses, our weight, our hair, the usual stuff. Then she asked if I'd join her for a trip over to Sephora.

We wandered through a portion of the mall and into Sephora. I'm quite sure that one of the SA's read me, but the others didn't appear to have done so. My friend loves a number of their products and showed me some of her favorites.

One of the SA's showed us this really great product, an Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Waterproof Eye Pencil. It is really soft and applies beautifully and you can use it thin as an eyeliner or as a very intense evening eyeshadow.

I selected one in a purple/brown shade (#1999) that should work well for me, gave the SA who was helping up my Sephora Beautyinsider card and my femme credit card and paid for my eyeliner. As a Sephora gift she gave each of us a tube of moisturizer, "Hope in a Jar."

After a walk back down to the main level, my friend and I air-kissed goodbye and I headed for the local Trader Joes to pick up a couple of items for the weekend.

Did I mention that the car thermometer said it was 110-degrees Farenheit today?

When I got home I realized that there was an errand that I had to run en drab, so off with my makeup, earrings and clothes, hair into a ponytail, change watches, toss on the dull drab stuff, and off to run the errand.

Came back and my spouse phoned that she was ready to come home from work. We decided to head for our women's exercise center for a workout, so while she was driving home, I was changing again and re-applying makeup (a CD is probably the best customer a makeup salesperson can have!).

Move up the ponytail, toss on a bra, shorts, a femme t-shirt, and workout shoes and we're ready to go.

Had a very good workout and then it was back home to prepare dinner. While I had dinner cooking I quickly removed my makeup and changed back into drab clothes since I know that my spouse enjoys her time with her "man" at dinner.

Whew! Does everyone have days like this? Or is it just me?

Kathi Lake
09-26-2009, 05:58 AM
Hey now! Are you saying I'm wordy? Verbose? That I don't see the point in using two words when twenty will do? Oh, you are? Hmm. Well, guilty on all counts I suppose.

:)

Barbara, sounds like a fun day. Look on the bright side (Yes, I know. I'm such a Pollyanna), with the amount of practice that you are getting with makeup, I'll bet you're getting pretty quick! Maybe if I had days like that, I could get my routine down to 10 minutes instead of my sloth-like 30-40. And yes, if I had a day like that, it would probably be a three-poster - minimum! :)

Kathi

Phyliss
09-26-2009, 06:19 AM
Persephone, I only wish I had days like that.

I have found myself changing twice in a day, but that's about it.

With all those "changes" your washing machine must be at least a high capacity industrial model.

Good for you to have so much fun :love: